Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,951 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Zello

The dialogue

Zello

The story in TBOGT was all over the place and sucked but I might be the only one that actually enjoyed the dialogue I could listen to Tony and Luis argue all day long. Even the rest of the cast that a lot of people hated Rocco, Gracie...

Edited by Zello

Thanasishim

And why excactly is this a topic?

Shadowfennekin

I actually love Rocco, he and Yusuf were the only good characters in this DLC imo

B Dawg

I might be the only one that actually enjoyed the dialogue I could listen to Tony and Luis argue all day long. Even the rest of the cast that a lot of people hated Rocco, Gracie...

You need help mate!

RogerWho

I like the writing in TBoGT and the dialogs in particular. Everyone was silly and over the top, but in the right way so they still seemed human and multi-dimensional. Apart from a handful of cringey or out of character moments, I like pretty much all of it. Even the wackjobs like Yusuf or Mori (well not that there's anyone who is not a complete wackjob compared to the IV/TLAD casts). Everyone has their moment and nobody overstays their welcome.

Tho I also see the writers were tip-toeing a very fine line between comedy and out of whack cringe and for many people it all falls into the 2nd category.

bigbigbigdaballs21

luis sounded very robotic

just listen to any out-of-cutscene dialogue with mori and the final cutscene of not so fast

Zello

I might be the only one that actually enjoyed the dialogue I could listen to Tony and Luis argue all day long. Even the rest of the cast that a lot of people hated Rocco, Gracie...

You need help mate!

Come on now man how could you hate

? or
or even
Edited by Zello

JohnDonovan

The term sucked is thrown around far too easily,the story was well written,funny, charming, and the bond between Luis & Toni was one of the strongest character bonds in the series, and it was highly entertaining watching them trying to climb & claw their way out of trouble.

It was enthralling right till the end.

It was also a far more Unique story than say The Lost & Dammed which was clearly inspired by the vastly overrated SOA, I would happily take the story in The Ballad Of Gay Tony over the lost and dammed in terms of originality & dialogue.

I often see people whining saying TBOGT was the odd one out, it was too OTT etc to those people I ask you are you telling me storming a police station killing hundred's of cops then proceeding to burn your clubhouse down in a poetic ending and getting away scot free is not OTT?

Edited by JohnDonovan

Zello

The term sucked is thrown around far too easily,the story was well written,funny, charming, and the bond between Luis & Toni was one of the strongest character bonds in the series, and it was highly entertaining watching them trying to climb & claw their way out of trouble.

Yeah the bond that Luis and Tony had is probably the best in the series especially at the end when they're sitting down at the park

Luis had many opportunities to kill Tony throughout the story but he didn't he stuck with him even after he lost control of his clubs and when he was at his lowest point high on drugs in debt to the mob. Rocco wanted Luis to kill Tony Luis didn't do it he killed Rocco's uncle instead

Edited by Zello

Journey_95

It was also a far more Unique story than say The Lost & Dammed which was clearly inspired by the vastly overrated SOA, I would happily take the story in The Ballad Of Gay Tony over the lost and dammed in terms of originality & dialogue.

I often see people whining saying TBOGT was the odd one out, it was too OTT etc to those people I ask you are you telling me storming a police station killing hundred's of cops then proceeding to burn your clubhouse down in a poetic ending and getting away scot free is not OTT?

You miss the point. Its not like GTA IV (the heist is pretty unrealistic) and Tlad (prison break) are exactly realistic but overall they still had a grounded vibe to them and more human & relatable characters.

TBOGT threw all that away and we got obnoxious annoying characters/caricatures (apart from Gay Tony who was pretty solid), every mission had to be as crazy and over the top as possible and the whole vibe of LC was ruined with that sh*tty pink filter.

Its certainly the odd one out, it felt more like a teaser to GTA V than the last part of the GTA IV Saga.

OT: The dialogue is overall solid at parts but I think V had some good one too.

Edited by Journey_95

Gokuzbu

I love TBOGT and didn't even know people had any problems with it until I came here. This era of Rockstar was on top of the world, before shark cards and everything else.

Edited by Gokuzbu