4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Accessing traffic lights

bhavinbhai2707

bhavinbhai2707

Heyy guys. . .I was trying to find some info about traffic lights . . . .is there any way to control those traffic lights. . .like to check 1. if a traffic light is nearby. . .2. What is light colour (green, red or yellow) 3. How can I change them . . .where are they located in game files. . .if u guys know anything about it then please help me :)

Edited by bhavinbhai2707

Hi,

you can try this to sove 1) and 2).

unfortunately i don't know how to change the color but this might help..

(I am using scripthookvdotnet [C#])

Player player = Game.Player;Ped character = player.Character;//Get all props near the player in a radius of 12float radius = 12f;foreach(Prop prop in World.GetNearbyProps(character.Position, radius)){    //Check if the prop model corresponds to the traffic light model hash    //Traffic Light from photo model hash: 1043035044    if (prop.Model.Hash == 1043035044)        {                        //If it corresponds, change the color or do something        }}

First get all the props in a radius of 12 from the player position, then check if the model hash corresponds to a traffic light model hash, then change the color.

P.S: The traffic light model hash 1043035044 its this one:

yQxUfJt.png

P.P.S: I don't know if there are any more traffic lights but if there are just add them to the if condition.

Sorry i really have no idea at least right now on how to change their color i'll update this answer if i find out something.

Good Luck.

EDIT:

How to change the traffic light color however i dont think it affects how peds drive but if you read the whole topic you will find a way so that peds dont respect traffic lights: http://gtaforums.com/topic/830463-help-with-turning-lights-green-and-causing-peds-to-crash-into-each-other/?do=findComment&comment=1068211340

Edited by trwygon
  • Like 1

bhavinbhai2707

Hi,

Player player = Game.Player;Ped character = player.Character;//Get all props near the player in a radius of 12float radius = 12f;foreach(Prop prop in World.GetNearbyProps(character.Position, radius)){    //Check if the prop model corresponds to the traffic light model hash    //Traffic Light from photo model hash: 1043035044    if (prop.Model.Hash == 1043035044)        {                        //If it corresponds, change the color or do something        }}

First get all the props in a radius of 12 from the player position, then check if the model hash corresponds to a traffic light model hash, then change the color.

yQxUfJt.png

P.P.S: I don't know if there are any more traffic lights but if there are just add them to the if condition.

Sorry i really have no idea at least right now on how to change their color i'll update this answer if i find out something.

Good Luck.

Thanks bro. . . . .i am looking forward to changing color of lights i am searching some game files. . .thanks for traffic lights hash i was searching for it for many days i am sure their are other models of traffic lights too i am trying to get the hashes ingame. . .if i find any other information on it i will upload it here so other can also look upto it. . .thanks for the reply

Edited by bhavinbhai2707

Hi,

yQxUfJt.png

Good Luck.

Thanks bro. . . . .i am looking forward to changing color of lights i am searching some game files. . .thanks for traffic lights hash i was searching for it for many days i am sure their are other models of traffic lights too i am trying to get the hashes ingame. . .if i find any other information on it i will upload it here so other can also look upto it. . .thanks for the reply

No problem.

Thank you i would apreciate that so please if you find something let me know please you never know when it might come in handy :)

Yes if you check the post i typed in the edit type you will find all the traffic light hashes good luck :).

As far as I know, there are only three types of traffic signal.

List<int> trafficSignalHashes = new List<int> {            -655644382,            862871082,            1043035044        };

As bhavinbhai2707 said, you can access them with World.GetNearbyProps and then filter by the hashes.

To set them green inside your loop, you can use

Function.Call(Hash.SET_ENTITY_TRAFFICLIGHT_OVERRIDE, prop, 0);

From NativeDB http://www.dev-c.com/nativedb/func/info/57c5db656185eac4

0 = green
1 = red
2 = yellow

• 1 year later...
On 11/23/2016 at 8:27 AM, derJake said:

As far as I know, there are only three types of traffic signal.

List<int> trafficSignalHashes = new List<int> {            -655644382,            862871082,            1043035044        };

As bhavinbhai2707 said, you can access them with World.GetNearbyProps and then filter by the hashes.

To set them green inside your loop, you can use

Function.Call(Hash.SET_ENTITY_TRAFFICLIGHT_OVERRIDE, prop, 0);

From NativeDB http://www.dev-c.com/nativedb/func/info/57c5db656185eac4

I don't understand how to do this..could you explain it step by step? And send pics of each step? Please