4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ciaran

Metro: Exodus [2019]

chronic lumbago
On 2/22/2019 at 10:06 PM, Iroquois said:

Is it freemode? Like i dont have to beworried about the game suddenly ending after the final mission?

It is a linear game with some bigger open ended areas. You do just move on to the next section and can't go back. I highly doubt you will be able to return anywhere after the story ends.

Do not expect an open world game.

Been playing it all week. Only have 2 things to bitch about:

Loading times are awfully long.

Enemies sometimes go full retard when they die, similar to a Bethesda game. They just keep break dancing in supersonic speed. Normally it doesn't bother me at all  but this game is one of the most immersive games I've ever played so seeing those enemies glitching does bother me a bit.

Otherwise, it's the God of War of first person shooters.

Edited by chronic lumbago

OurJud
15 minutes ago, chronic lumbago said:

Do not expect an open world game.

I'm not really sure why people think it might be an open-ended game. Well I do know, actually. It's because early on in its development various articles were proclaiming it would be an open-world game, but the developers soon put that rumour to bed by explaining it would be level based but that the levels would be far more open that normal.

It couldn't be open ended even if they wanted it to be, unless they went back to square one and made it so.

Edited by OurJud

Iroquois
1 hour ago, OurJud said:

I'm not really sure why people think it might be an open-ended game. Well I do know, actually. It's because early on in its development various articles were proclaiming it would be an open-world game, but the developers soon put that rumour to bed by explaining it would be level based but that the levels would be far more open that normal.

It couldn't be open ended even if they wanted it to be, unless they went back to square one and made it so.

Easy to answer. It's because its trailer "showed" it that way. It gave that impression.

OurJud
30 minutes ago, Iroquois said:

Easy to answer. It's because its trailer "showed" it that way. It gave that impression.

I don't remember any of the trailers suggesting it was open-world. Point I'm making is once the rumour started, the developers were very quick to explain it wasn't open-world.

I was as gutted as anyone, but I've known what we'd be getting for a few months now.

Edited by OurJud

Mexicola9302

Im okay with the game, the only problem i have is i have to reload my weapons after like every 2 or 3 bullets, can i clean my weapons somehow, or how does it work? i got a AK ish weapon with 30 bullets in the magazine but i have to press reload every 3 bullets, it is annoying af.

There are sometimes like 6 or 7 of these monsters attacking me, i wouldn't have a problem killing them all if i didn't have to "reload" every 3 bullets.

I know we carry around our "workstation" backpack but i didn't find the option to maintain or clean my guns.

OurJud
7 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Im okay with the game, the only problem i have is i have to reload my weapons after like every 2 or 3 bullets, can i clean my weapons somehow, or how does it work? i got a AK ish weapon with 30 bullets in the magazine but i have to press reload every 3 bullets, it is annoying af.

There are sometimes like 6 or 7 of these monsters attacking me, i wouldn't have a problem killing them all if i didn't have to "reload" every 3 bullets.

I know we carry around our "workstation" backpack but i didn't find the option to maintain or clean my guns.

That's weird. I still don't have the money to buy this game yet, but are you sure it's because of poor weapon maintenance? Usually in FPS this is indicated by a 'gun jam' animation.

Mr. Scratch

You get a workstation in the Aurora and safehouses you can find. And you don't have to reload, you can just clear the jam by cycling the bolt, look around the controls.

Mexicola9302

Thanks for the replies, okay i now i get it.

OurJud
13 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Thanks for the replies, okay i now i get it.

Man I NEED this game! I wonder how much I'd get for my little toe?

Edited by OurJud

trip

Reminder:

No piracy and warez talk.

OurJud
5 hours ago, trip said:

Reminder:

No piracy and warez talk.

I wouldn’t even know how.

trip
43 minutes ago, OurJud said:

I wouldn’t even know how.

I should have added "I had to hide a post" for proper context.  :)

And...again.  The game is great.   Immersive and unforgiving.

Stormingz

I’ve just completed my run and got the good ending, and overall I enjoyed the experience. Granted it isn’t perfect and has its flaws but it never took away from the overall experience for me. This game is one of the most immersive, atmospheric games I’ve played in a long time, and in my opinion surpasses the previous two titles. You have enough dose of gameplay in the tunnels, and dark bunkers that it doesn’t entirely leave its Metro roots, while still creating something fresh with its open levels on the surface.

I loved that feeling of brotherhood you have with your fellow crew mates, it helps that every character I felt were interesting, and brought something unique to help create that family type bond with each other. The small sections between the main levels where you can interact with your crew, were some of my favourite moments to be fair.

Now for the flaws, as much as I enjoyed the open ended levels, I wish there was a bit more to do, as it stands the points of interest are either a monster den, bandit outpost, a safe house or just a building to loot up, which there was a variety of the latter. Also, I feel like the stealth wasn’t really worked on since Last Light, pretty much the same system as it was then, I didn’t notice any real big changes to stealth.

My only final gripe would be the combat, for some reason I’d sometimes miss an easy shot only because the aiming feels a bit slow or off? even with my sensitivity turned up to max, but like I said it wasn’t that big of a game changer for me, I still enjoyed the combat for the most part.

I do hope they continue the Metro series, in my opinion it is one of the best post-apocalyptic games money can buy.

Mr. Scratch

The aiming is definitely f*cky, at least on consoles. I think they're working on a patch for it as well.