3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto V - German Dub | Los Santos Dubbing Crew

reditec

This is a WIP mod translating all voice actings of GTA V to German.
We're actively looking for native Germans with good microphones.
Let us know if you're interested. The above video shows the current progress.

• Like 1

universetwisters

Half of me really wants to like this but the other half knows that it's probably going to take quite a while to complete, given all the dialog that needs replacing, that and possibly how many 11 year olds want to voice Trevor that you'd have to turn down.

Good luck on it though!

• Like 3

Half of me really wants to like this but the other half knows that it's probably going to take quite a while to complete, given all the dialog that needs replacing, that and possibly how many 11 year olds want to voice Trevor that you'd have to turn down.

Good luck on it though!

Hi, I am one of the member of the team. Thank you for your kind words. So far we have not found the perfect trevor and we continue looking for every working voice. I am part of the evaluation group and QA for the voices and I can gurantee you that we try to find fitting voiced :)

• Like 2

Good luck on it though!

Hi, I am one of the member of the team. Thank you for your kind words. So far we have not found the perfect trevor and we continue looking for every working voice. I am part of the evaluation group and QA for the voices and I can gurantee you that we try to find fitting voiced :)

Nice effort but I dont rly think that those voices fit to Trevor or Michael and I cant take them serious

Good luck on it though!

Nice effort but I dont rly think that those voices fit to Trevor or Michael and I cant take them serious

Uhm? Those voices? Sorry, but there is no voice actor for either Michael or Trevor yet not in the video and not in our team. In the video only Amanda and Brad are dubbed. And those voices actually fit well :)

If you're talking about the original English voice actors: I like them and I think they fit very well.

Edited by reditec

.. I don't know.. I mean it's a great idea but Grand Theft Auto is a game that's all about the "american" style.. Even though german is my native language i really don't like it.. also the voices just doesn't fit at all :D

Edited by countergame

.. I don't know.. I mean it's a great idea but Grand Theft Auto is a game that's all about the "american" style.. Even though german is my native language i really don't like it.. also the voices just doesn't fit at all :D

I don't get you :D

How can a dub change the style of a game or movie?

I bet you aren't watching tv series in English but in German no matter what they are about.

Well and the voices currently in the video actually fit well. They have similar frequences. You should compare the original voices with the new ones :)

Why would Rockstar add subtitles? Don't they ruin the style of the game, too? They prevent you from playing the game and kinda force you to read them. Aaah, you wouldn't understand anything without them :D

Sorry, but your points are somewhat weak.

Edited by reditec

I bet you aren't watching tv series in English but in German no matter what they are about.

Yes, i do.

Well and the voices currently in the video actually fit well. They have similar frequences. You should compare the original voices with the new ones :)

The voices are way too young for the characters.

Why would Rockstar add subtitles? Don't they ruin the style of the game, too? They prevent you from playing the game and kinda force you to read them. Aaah, you wouldn't understand anything without them :D

i never had any problems with subtitles, actually it helped me a lot to learn the english language.

• Like 1

universetwisters

To be entirely fair, and as much as I love German sh*t, I'd rather see the German language used in something like a German map mod, where it would make sense for people to be speaking German. But something like this just seems a bit silly to imply that Southern California is full of German speakers. It's like this movie redub, is Miami really full of people who speak French?

They prevent you from playing the game and kinda force you to read them

I think you're literally the only person I've seen annoyed by subtitles. I f*cking love subtitles. I was so happy that Deutschland 83 actually had subtitles and they didn't cheaply redub it in English.

Yes, i do.

I can assure you - others aren't.

The voices are way too young for the characters.

The voices were recorded by a ~ 40 years old male and ~ 30 years old female person. Additionally the scene is set in 2004. The protagonists and Brad were actually younger, so we're glad if the voice actor for Brad sounds young, as he is young. (Micheal was 40 and we're guessing that he's as old as Brad or older)

i never had any problems with subtitles, actually it helped me a lot to learn the english language.

Then you aren't a player, but a student trying to learn English playing video games in English and watching English tv series. That's absolutely fine. But you're not part of the audience we target as we target German players who don't care about the language, but about the game.

But something like this just seems a bit silly to imply that Southern California is full of German speakers.

Nobody implies that. Did you watch the Hangover movies in German? It's just the same: Why'd you dub a movie if the movie is set in America: Americans don't speak German. So yeah that point is somewhat bad too. They're dubbed, because most people prefer movies dubbed in German over movies subbed in German. And we're targeting most people.

universetwisters

But you're not part of the audience we target as we target German players who don't care about the language, but about the game.

But if you're targeting German players who don't care about the language, why bother dubbing it to begin with?

But if you're targeting German players who don't care about the language, why bother dubbing it to begin with?

Uhm? Did you read my post? Here I answered your question:

They're dubbed, because most people prefer movies dubbed in German over movies subbed in German. And we're targeting most people.

universetwisters

most people prefer movies dubbed in German over movies subbed in German

we target German players who don't care about the language, but about the game.

l5qQAdY.png

So you're going to find dozens of people to rerecord lines for a mod that only a few people will use because the rest are going to ignore it because they don't care about the language, and would rather just get into the game? I'm not saying this mod is a bad idea, just the reasoning behind it is redundant.

Edited by universetwisters

So you're going to find dozens of people to rerecord lines for a mod that only a few people will use because the rest are going to ignore it because they don't care about the language, and would rather just get into the game? I'm not saying this mod is a bad idea, just the reasoning behind it is redundant.

MOST people prefer movies dubbed in German over movies subbed in German

Edited by reditec

universetwisters

I mean that still doesn't address as to why people who don't care about the language would want it redubbed in the first place but alright.

I mean that still doesn't address as to why people who don't care about the language would want it redubbed in the first place but alright.

*who don't care about the English language / learning the English language.

What's so hard about this sentence? You can get the meaning from the context.

universetwisters

I thought in the context you were saying it as, you were talking about people who care more about the game rather than the language i.e. they would rather play the game like go on rampages, drive around, etc. instead of deal with the language and go through the plot.

I thought in the context you were saying it as, you were talking about people who care more about the game rather than the language i.e. they would rather play the game like go on rampages, drive around, etc. instead of deal with the language and go through the plot.

I guess that's absolutely not what I meant.