2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Are only certain ppl good at Deathmatches?

Snesgamer83

I suppose you could say that I have a bit of experience here; I've played nearly 4,300 deathmatches/team deathmatches (nearly 24 days of real life game time). When I first started, I wasn't good at all, but I never gave up and just played regularly and figured out things along the way. I've vastly improved throughout the years; I'm not saying that I'm the best or anywhere even near the best, but I can hold my own and I know that learning from my mistakes, observing others, and just playing as much as possible helped me out here quite a bit. Sure, I suppose it all depends on the type of map, settings, and whether or not you're using FA or AA, but practice and experience definitely do not hurt here at all.

Good luck! :)

Curious- what's your K/D?

I suppose you could say that I have a bit of experience here; I've played nearly 4,300 deathmatches/team deathmatches (nearly 24 days of real life game time). When I first started, I wasn't good at all, but I never gave up and just played regularly and figured out things along the way. I've vastly improved throughout the years; I'm not saying that I'm the best or anywhere even near the best, but I can hold my own and I know that learning from my mistakes, observing others, and just playing as much as possible helped me out here quite a bit. Sure, I suppose it all depends on the type of map, settings, and whether or not you're using FA or AA, but practice and experience definitely do not hurt here at all.

Good luck! :)

Curious- what's your K/D?

Had to look it up on Social Club, but it is 1.33 (55.4K kills, 41.7K deaths). I would say that likely about 98% or more of my kills/deaths have come from combat jobs (deathmatches, captures, LTS, GTA races, Adversary, etc).

2,375 wins and 1,866 losses in regards to Deathmatches/Team Deathmatches.

I'm reaching near r400 and my kdr is still .8-ish. When you double barrel a mother f*cker in the face and they pistol whip you, latency is the true victor. $80 a month for awesome internet and it f*cks me every chance it gets. I've had people die and almost 2 seconds later somehow kill me. If you want to get good at 1v1 invent a new technology that doesn't profit people with a 3rd world internet connection.

In fairness, in freeroam I'm the type of person who deals with griefers by committing suicide faster than they can kill me. Kill doesn't count for me, but I can be spiteful longer than they can be not bored trying to chase me down before I do it again. Had one dick chase my respawn all the way to Paleto before he left the session out of frustration.

Lots of great tips in this thread. There's actually a lot of little things you can do to give yourself better chances, that together add up to a big advantage over lesser opponents. Pretty much everything has already been said, but here is my two cents, in order of importance.

1. aim for the head. Instant kill at close range without bp helmet, massive damage multiplier otherwise.

2. Combat roll. It is cheap, and annoying, yes...but also highly effective. Can't tell you how many times someone hit me woth a few shots before i rolled, turned around, and shot them in the head. From the way it sounds this is probably where you could improve the most.

3. Use the best weapons. Up close the assault shotgun is way too OP not to use. Combat Mg and rifles are good for long range. AP pistol and mini-smg are great at intermediate distance.

4. Clothes. Barefoot is the closest you can come to silent, and gives you a major stealth advantage up close. Also use stealth mode (press L3) and dont use bright clothing that stands out. BP helmet gives you a big advantage too, so much so that many players consider it dishonorable. That said, it doesn't give nearly as much of an advantage as most players think, and there is no honor among most gta players, so do whatever you want.

5. Know how to move. Try to stick close to hard cover. Dont be too passive, but don't expose yourself to enemy fire unnecessarily. Leave yourself multiple routes of retreat if possible, and try to find ways to attack your opponents from unexpected angles.

I don't consider myself that good, but i do have a 2.7 kdr almost exclusively from deathmatches, and most of the reason i do so well is knowing so many simple tricks like this.

• Like 1

1) Call Lester all the time to reveal other players

2) Die 3 times to get the perk to hide your blip

3) Go around your opponents and shoot them from behind to the head

• Like 1

I just play extreme offensive defense but only in free roam. Actual death matches are extinct as far as I know