2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Are only certain ppl good at Deathmatches?

Snesgamer83

Yes and DM can be bad for KDR

If doing DM for daily objectives just run vs taking a beating. Getting a car is best then u can run to other side of map while clock runs out.

I hate DM where I can't use all my weapons.

Can't speak of internet connections but with a good amount on practice and control over weapons, you can really good at a game mode without any issues. I've seen a lot of players losing DMs out of panicking as well.

0rTqlCW.png

i5 10400F • MSI Z490-A PRO • XPG 16GB DDR4 3000MHz •

MSI RX 570 4GB • NZXT H510 • Cooler Master MWE 650 V2

Lag has seriously become a bad issue in GTA deathmatches. There is at least one Jesus in every match I play. And it`s not only Brazilians, the French are even worse!!!

French are worse? i don't have too many problems with them, i still remember one time where one brazilian was so laggy that he literally freezed the game and the game wouldn't stop loading

i had to close the application and i was laughing a lot

Lag has seriously become a bad issue in GTA deathmatches. There is at least one Jesus in every match I play. And it`s not only Brazilians, the French are even worse!!!

French are worse? i don't have too many problems with them, i still remember one time where one brazilian was so laggy that he literally freezed the game and the game wouldn't stop loading

This happens to me whenever there is a bunch of french people in the match! :)

Non Funkable Token

People from every corner of the world playing together can cause sync issues, it's not just the internet connection.

askinnywhitedildo

Death Matches make this game for me. I know there's better out there than me, but I'm well above average compared to most GTA players. Obviously you use armor, snacks, BST if you can get it, or a helmet if you're a real pussy (f*ck that). But there's other factors, like guns.

The M4 and Special Carbine are your two best choices for killing in general terms. Do not use a silencer, it drops your damage a little. And use grips and scopes, they improve your accuracy.

Never fire a full clip into someone at a distance, do burst shots. Quickly pop out of cover, and fire maybe 3-5 rounds at someone's head. If the bullets land, and they aren't wearing a helmet or armor, then you've got them. And if you don't have them, chances are you will be able to a few seconds later when you pop back up to take a few more shots at them. When you have targets like that in the open, do not stay out of cover for more than just a second or so. Take advantage of your cover, and burst shot their head.

In close quarters, always pull out a shotgun. Preferably the Assault Shotgun. If the target is closing in and you're in cover, don't even pop out, just sling your gun around the corner and free hand shoot him. Or, if you're both in the open, just let your shells fly for the head or center mass. Or if he's behind cover and you're walking up on him, just start firing the shotgun on where you know he's about to pop out at, and chances are he'll pop out and you'll already be draining his health to nothing before he even gets his gun up.

If you're sniping, use the Heavy Sniper, the Marksman is sh*t. Roll with the sniper if you're sniping another sniper, because landing the first shot is a big deal, because that first shot might just kill him if you hit the right spot. Learn to strafe targets, and always aim for the head or at least center mass.

And try not to run much either. Stealth is another big factor. If you can stay off the radar, or keep a good defensive position against targets, your chances will be greatly improved of winning. Walking behind the targets spawn points, and killing them all, and setting up defense on their spawn points will choke their offense more than half the time. And when their spawn points move, you move with them and do it all again.

Death Matches make this game for me. I know there's better out there than me, but I'm well above average compared to most GTA players. Obviously you use armor, snacks, BST if you can get it, or a helmet if you're a real pussy (f*ck that). But there's other factors, like guns.

The M4 and Special Carbine are your two best choices for killing in general terms. Do not use a silencer, it drops your damage a little. And use grips and scopes, they improve your accuracy.

Never fire a full clip into someone at a distance, do burst shots. Quickly pop out of cover, and fire maybe 3-5 rounds at someone's head. If the bullets land, and they aren't wearing a helmet or armor, then you've got them. And if you don't have them, chances are you will be able to a few seconds later when you pop back up to take a few more shots at them. When you have targets like that in the open, do not stay out of cover for more than just a second or so. Take advantage of your cover, and burst shot their head.

In close quarters, always pull out a shotgun. Preferably the Assault Shotgun. If the target is closing in and you're in cover, don't even pop out, just sling your gun around the corner and free hand shoot him. Or, if you're both in the open, just let your shells fly for the head or center mass. Or if he's behind cover and you're walking up on him, just start firing the shotgun on where you know he's about to pop out at, and chances are he'll pop out and you'll already be draining his health to nothing before he even gets his gun up.

If you're sniping, use the Heavy Sniper, the Marksman is sh*t. Roll with the sniper if you're sniping another sniper, because landing the first shot is a big deal, because that first shot might just kill him if you hit the right spot. Learn to strafe targets, and always aim for the head or at least center mass.

And try not to run much either. Stealth is another big factor. If you can stay off the radar, or keep a good defensive position against targets, your chances will be greatly improved of winning. Walking behind the targets spawn points, and killing them all, and setting up defense on their spawn points will choke their offense more than half the time. And when their spawn points move, you move with them and do it all again.

Thanks for the advices,white dildo

Only Mexicans and other Latinos are good at deathmatches. Just ask at the end of a game after you get your ass kicked.

They'll be Latino 99% of the time.

Yep. When I am not busy raping and selling drugs IRL, I am playing GTA Deathmatches.

True story.

askinnywhitedildo

Only Mexicans and other Latinos are good at deathmatches. Just ask at the end of a game after you get your ass kicked.

This is actually very true also.

Latino kids dominate the most. I have no idea how, but that's just what it is. They always wear helmets and face paint too.

Too much bullsh*t in this thread. No need to do anything exect for playing the actuall game, don't waste your time for adjusting game setting folks.

• On medium and close ranges alway aim for the head.
  • Always combat roll out of a corner when enemy is nearby.
  • Knowing the maps is usefull, there are not that many of them that are actually played.

If on PC switch to Free Aim lobbies, they are waaaay easier to handle.

Never use a bulletproof helmet on deathmatches! They completely ruins the game for the others. I hope that I don't need to explain why. Try getting better at playing this game without them.

f*ck are you talking about, don't adjust settings? I try and make others get better---- and one reason why people used to die a lot was they didnt know you could just flick the hit stick to aim at the next enemy quicker -----but you have to adjust your aim setting in order to do that.

In fact, I was a reserve for a crew H2H and by rule I had to change my aim setting and I didnt suck but I was irritated that I couldn't flick and instead had to press the aim button, losing valuable milliseconds as I had to turn my body towards the enemy, square up with them and then shoot.

Turning off the Depth of Field Effect has worked wonders for people too.

I keep forgetting to do that.

This is actually very true also.

Latino kids dominate the most. I have no idea how, but that's just what it is. They always wear helmets and face paint too.

It's because the lag is real with more sh*tty connections.

And I thought the Chinese people are worse because of their crappy VPN connections. :D

Maybe I'm an a-hole, but when I host a heist and I see a Chinese flag on their profile, I kick them. Sorry, I have nothing against those people, only against VPN.

Edited by Khephera_87_GER

I need help understanding Blips.

Am I rightt in thinking that my Blip only shows up to others if I stay still for too long or fire a weapon / make a noise?

I think I'm being clever if I find a spot and hide only to have someone sneak up on me and kill me. Is that cause I stayed still for too long?

Similarly I'll run a long somewhere there is no sign of anyone and then suddenly they're right in front of me with a shotty to the face. How did I not see their blip?

Do they work the same in DM and TDM?

Cheers.

Assisted aim TDMs are BS as per definition. I wasn't bad at it, I just can't play this crap anymore.

I finish with way worse KDs in FA, however, it's also way more fun. And this is what the game is about.
I don't mind playing competitively, but for a lot of reasons, this is limited.
1. It's GTA.
2. It's P2P.
3. It's GTA.

I'll never be better than average, simply because everything above average is usually younger and has drank and smoked less than me. There is nothing wrong with practicing and improving, but I gave up on seriously competing with 18 yo or younger.

Also, there are countless of cheap tactics, in AA and FA. Using them doesn't make you "good" or "smart", it makes you rather look like a noob or try-hard at the most.

Regarding blips:
Your blip is visible for others when it turns red on your mini map. This happens either by being close to an enemy, making noise, or being revealed. There is still a never patched bug in the game that allows you to permanently hide your blip as a perk.

• Like 3

GTAO has deathmatches?

#freeroamer

Lol I thought freeroam was a deathmatch.

Driving post op van. See dot following me on expanded minimap. Pull over, jump out with HMG and BP helmet already equipped, ready to throw down. Either kill a fool until they give up and run away or get killed and get my van destroyed. I LOVE doing solo sell runs in BC.

Only certain people are sad enough to become good at deathmatches in GTA.

Those.. sad.. sad people. Being good at something. OMG the f*ckin horror of it all..lol

GTAO has deathmatches?

#freeroamer

Lol I thought freeroam was a deathmatch.

Driving post op van. See dot following me on expanded minimap. Pull over, jump out with HMG and BP helmet already equipped, ready to throw down. Either kill a fool until they give up and run away or get killed and get my van destroyed. I LOVE doing solo sell runs in BC.

Well.. Free roam is about survival and one upping the other guy by any means. Death Matches are about being competitive and having fun.

They are completely different. Death matches are usally more balanced and actually comptitive,

Yes and DM can be bad for KDR

If doing DM for daily objectives just run vs taking a beating. Getting a car is best then u can run to other side of map while clock runs out.

I hate DM where I can't use all my weapons.

Why even join a competitive game mode? lmao?

Boo hoo i can't use my weapons.. Well ya that the point.. To keep it fun and balanced.. Not to pad your KD ratio while you run half across the map. Thats what free roams for...

Edited by .Vooodu.

I don't quite understand why deathmatches draw so much disdain as a whole. I get it if you're 100% militantly opposed to PvP (which I can respect as it isn't of everyone's taste) but for me, deathmatches are aeons more enjoyable than fighting people in free roam.

I understand the lag factor turns a few off, but aren't public servers with 20+ people and jets also laggy from a PvP perspective? I guess I'm missing something here, but if DMs are definitely more laggy, I'll take that over playing an endless deathmatch in free roam with no boundaries, no real score, no real payout, jets, and every weapon available at all times.

I play them with people from all over the world, and yeah, when North America, Australia, and Western Europe all meet together here, the lag can be all over the place, but it's something most of us just sort of laugh about these days. There are days when one region has it a bit rougher than the other, but as long as you have a good group, good settings, and use FORCED + PICKUPS (not Owned Weapons), it can be great fun if you're willing to give it a chance and enjoy PvP.

Just my opinion, but I do wish R* would do something to attract more interest in this game mode. It's always been my favourite. :)

DentureDynamite

^^ More power to you. :) I definitely agree that it's better to keep PvP within those modes, rather than freeroam. They are my first go-to source when I get a "Kill X players" Daily Objective (like last night's "Kill 20 players"). *groan* lol

But(!) while I actually DO enjoy DM/TDMs, I don't in GTA Online.

or Counter Strike:Source? No problem at all--love them (especially claymores in BF3 lol).

IMO it boils down to how R* has (or hasn't) implemented PvP combat, weapon switching, character movement, etc. It feels very slow and clumsy compared to the aforementioned games. Many people I've "met" in those DMs/TDMs have said the same to me.

Hit boxes/lag are also horrendous. You know something is majorly borked when you have people shooting at you from near point blank range with a shotgun and you survive with half your health left (and no, I'm not a script kiddie lol).

So anyway; on a positive note, I try to enjoy the aspects of GTA Online that I love, like anything involving flying my Buzzard or, on occasion, wandering around the map trying to be ready for anything. :) Especially as I keep running into more of these "You wanted to do what? Come back later; this open world game is too busy for you." incidents in free roam (including gang attacks and even Flight School):

comebacklater.png

Talking about all this makes me want to jump back into BF3 for some DM action; I miss my G3A3--come on R*, please release that gun-in-waiting already:

unreleased_g3a3.png

...if this gun is ever released in GTA Online (fair chance, I'd say, seeing as it's in the unused weapons files), I'm going to have a very big smile on my face. :) And is it just me, or does Heckler & Koch make some of the best machine guns out there (G3A3, G53, G36C...)?

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 4

I don't quite understand why deathmatches draw so much disdain as a whole. I get it if you're 100% militantly opposed to PvP (which I can respect as it isn't of everyone's taste) but for me, deathmatches are aeons more enjoyable than fighting people in free roam.

I think some of the reason as to why people hate death matches is because it shows their true flaws when it comes to balanced pvp.

Blips not always showing. Weapons can be restricted. Locked to a certain area. Can't use many of the free roam things that they tend to use to unbalance any sort of PVP ecnounters. And its not really a good place to protect their K/D ratios.

There are many people who play GTA that pad their K/D ratios in free roam by using the most OP weapons/vehicle they can. Suicide every two seconds and always attack people when they have the advantage. And abuse as much as the free roam mechanics as they can.

As soon as they join pvp jobs.. Most of the cheap ass sh*t they use in Free roam is gone. So,, they hate PVP modes and well. And to make themselves feel better throw shade at it.

Edited by .Vooodu.
  • Like 6

^^ More power to you. :) I definitely agree that it's better to keep PvP within those modes, rather than freeroam. They are my first go-to source when I get a "Kill X players" Daily Objective (like last night's "Kill 20 players").

But(!) while I actually DO enjoy DM/TDMs, I don't in GTA Online. BF3 or Counter Strike:Source? No problem at all--love them (especially claymores in BF3 lol).

IMO it boils down to how R* has implemented PvP combat, weapon switching, movement, etc. It feels very slow and clumsy compared to the aforementioned games.

Hit boxes/lag are also horrendous. You know something is majorly borked when you have people shooting at you from near point blank range with a shotgun and you survive with half your health left (and no, I'm not a script kiddie lol).

Haha, I can definitely understand that--I agree the mechanics as a whole often feel a bit off at times, but I haven't ever played any of those games, so I don't have a proper reference point from personal experience. I can do first person in GTA deathmatches, but I definitely prefer third and haven't ever been into war games, so that's likely my reason for not having played them. Hopefully there will be vast improvements with these things in the next GTA online experience. :)

I think some of the reason as to why people hate death matches is because it shows their true flaws when it comes to balanced pvp.

Blips not always showing. Weapons can be restricted. Locked to a certain area. Can't use many of the free roam things that they tend to use to unbalance any sort of PVP ecnounters. And its not really a good place to protect their K/D ratios.

There are many people who play GTA that pad their K/D ratios in free roam by using the most OP weapons/vehicle they can. Suicide every two seconds and always attack people when they have the advantage. And abuse as much as the free roam mechanics as they can.

As soon as they join pvp jobs.. Most of the cheap ass sh*t they use in Free roam is gone. So,, they hate PVP modes and well. And to make themselves feel better throw shade at it.

Makes sense to me as well; I guess I'm in the minority though. I always prefer a very balanced scenario with restrictions that endorse a more strategic (and perhaps more realistic) style of gameplay. I don't care about own K/D or anyone else's for that matter--I just enjoy a competitive PvP environment where you don't have an entire arsenal at your disposal and where you actually get penalised for using those suicide K/D preservation tactics. Edited by -LN-
  • Like 2

Damned_Hitman

Well said.

I once organised a game with a crew, that because they were new to freeaim I allowed them to use explosives, it back fired and the game became ten minutes of screen shaking, and being killed whilst spawning with grenades and rpgs launched at us.

The next game, I changed the settings, they of course quit the game, and couldn't accept the challenge of playing a map with forced weaponry that wasn't over powered. They even made a youtube video showing how I cheated by changing the settings.

The game essentially is played by a huge range of gamers, from casuals who don't recognise any form of fairplay to players that stick so much to code of what constitutes fair that it's actually stupid at times, its difficult to find that happy medium between players that play for fun and also want some rules too. Rockstar limited the lobby options too compared to IV, the amount of ammo in pick ups...cynical me thinks it's because of the in game economy nattering more to Rockstar than any game play balance.

In my crew we try running a weekly event that is focused on fun and fair combat games, it's popular too because it's organised and always full. I would recommend other crews do the same or similar.

• Like 3

askinnywhitedildo

Talking about all this makes me want to jump back into BF3 for some DM action; I miss my G3A3--come on R*, please release that gun-in-waiting already:

unreleased_g3a3.png

...if this gun is ever released in GTA Online (fair chance, I'd say, seeing as it's in the unused weapons files), I'm going to have a very big smile on my face. :) And is it just me, or does Heckler & Koch make some of the best machine guns out there (G3A3, G53, G36C...)

Ha, I posted this somewhere the other day. I need a M14 or G3 baddd. Not having a battle rifle in this game sucks.

• Like 1

I need help understanding Blips.

Am I rightt in thinking that my Blip only shows up to others if I stay still for too long or fire a weapon / make a noise?

I think I'm being clever if I find a spot and hide only to have someone sneak up on me and kill me. Is that cause I stayed still for too long?

Similarly I'll run a long somewhere there is no sign of anyone and then suddenly they're right in front of me with a shotty to the face. How did I not see their blip?

Do they work the same in DM and TDM?

Cheers.

Not sure about the shotgun thing but you pretty much have it right about showing up on the radar. You show up on the radar for others in a deathmatch (both team and normal) if you fire an unsilenced weapon, run around too much or move too fast in general, are the power player, stand still/be in cover for what the game deems to be too long or if some one on the other team calls for a Lester reveal. As someone mentioned above you can see if your visible on other peoples radars as your blip on your own radar will turn red.

One word of warning is that I've had quite a few instances occur which I think have been unfair when I've been playing a deathmatch against just one other person. Usually what will happen is that I'll spring into a 4 or 5 to nothing lead and become the power player so I'm on the radar as a result. All fine you might say but then if I get killed you would logically think that this death resets the power player level back to zero so you would expect to be off the radar again upon respawning but this isn't the case for me. When I respawn I still seem to be on the radar. Maybe if I was to die like three times in a row or something it would stop but as that doesn't often happen I'll remain permanently on the radar for the remainder of the match. If you rack up any more kills from this point on then you can't even do a Lester reveal to balance things out. Lester charges me for the service but the opponent doesn't show up on my radar so presumably they have activated some sort of losers perk which prevents them from showing up. If this is the case though Lester's reveal service should be greyed out so that you don't waste your money on it. Anyway to combat all this nonsense I've started setting the timer to just five minutes if I'm playing against only one player as this way by the time I become the power player there is only a minute or two left in the match so the constantly being on the radar issue can't effect you as much as it would in a longer match.

Edited by PondNewt

Pretty much. I've heard people say this on the mic too. "I don't play dm's because it f*cks up my K/D" oh why..because you're in an environment where everyone wants to PvP and you can't take the EWO every time?

A lot of these freeroam warriors from my experience are terrible in DM's. Many quit midway through.

Edited by Lay
  • Like 2

ThaSouljaCity

Seeing as 90% of freeroam lobbies are just PvP combat situations, you see how everyone that can roll and get headshots faster can be qualified as "good" at this game

Death matches help too but stay away from the 1v1-War-Ready-RNG type DM's

Their f*ckin' awful

• Like 2

Damned_Hitman

Seeing as 90% of freeroam lobbies are just PvP combat situations, you see how everyone that can roll and get headshots faster can be qualified as "good" at this game

Their f*ckin' awful

That's another aspect of why many don't enjoy random TDM's.

Players hosting the same maps, over and over again. Often they are utterly sh*t, without any thought put into them.

ThaSouljaCity

Their f*ckin' awful

That's another aspect of why many don't enjoy random TDM's.

Players hosting the same maps, over and over again. Often they are utterly sh*t, without any thought put into them.

What I hate about em the most is that the biggest try hards online play them on a daily basis. And after every kill they suicide for full health again and free bst

I used to enjoy the real rooftop rumble DM but not anymore

CarcerCityMadMan

When it comes to kills and Deathmatches there isnt to many on here that has the level of exp that can rival me

6000+Wins

175,000+Kills

3.0+kd Avg

40+ days of DM time

Held 3 maps Number 1 world ranking ps3

Top 100 on most maps ps4

Its not to brag or saying im the best ,its more to inform you of the vast knowledge and exp have in the matter.There are 100s of not 1000s of scenarios that can unfold it comes down to practice and knowing what to use and when to use it.Hell i dont wear a helmet either(usually) or call lester,i find that a sign of weakness.

Idk if this was covered but a good example of how to find players without using lester would be watching the weapons/armor icons on the map if you see it disappear means there close to that item.Nothing big but its one of many examples

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan
  • Like 2