1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Remove wanted level during coke sell mission bug?

Weekendwarrior

Weekendwarrior

Yesterday I had to drive a bagger from my LS coke lockup to Paleto but it turn out to be a sting operation so I called Lester to remove wanted level.

The stars went away but the cops still had their sirens on and they rammed me off my bike and opened fire when I had no stars. I killed them to defend myself and got a wanted level again.

And the bagger was upside down against the highway wall so I had to steal their cop car to knock it down. But I was the off the bike for too long and I failed.

Removing wanted level worked when I was doing CEO sell missions so idk if this is just for MC or just a one off thing.

Anyone else got this lately? Be careful y'all.

Shadowfennekin

Oh yeah, I've had troubles with removing cops via Lester in MC work. The Police van full of my employees was literally right down the street from my lab. I jacked it, paid off Lester when out of sight as to not get instantly wanted again..... only the stars popped back up.

And there was a case where I paid Lester off and the game couldn't make up it's mind for a minute. Two stars up in the corner, then they faded, two star again, gone, two stars, gone, two stars, gone. It went on for a minute. lol

• Like 1

The cops that chased you down after the Lester call were scripted for the mission and are more like enemy NPCs than regular cops. You should have killed them before calling Lester.

• Like 4

Weekendwarrior

The cops that chased you down after the Lester call were scripted for the mission and are more like enemy NPCs than regular cops. You should have killed them before calling Lester.

Really? Man that sucks I'll keep that in mind. It's never been a problem before, I guess I was slow this time

I never saw that happening before. I think it mostly was the NPCs being flagged as enemies not cops.

I never saw that happening before. I think it mostly was the NPCs being flagged as enemies not cops.

yep, the FIB & IAA guys aren't authorities, they're not part of the star system and I'm pretty sure the real cops would fight them if they fired shots near the normal police.

All those stars you get in missions are scripted, I find it best to just ignore the real cops, go about completing the mission and if you get to the end with stars then call Lester to remove the stars. Chances are once you get close to the end checkpoint the cops will be scripted to lay off you a bit, unless you fire at them, which rarely helps anyways to lose stars.

I did a sell where you couldn't use Lester at all. Its was scripted to have a wanted level until the final delivery but the cops were REALLY easy to avoid. Like has already been mentioned these instances are scripted.

Scripted stuff makes options like 'Remove Wanted Level' utterly pointless in my opinion... plus withholding reasonable player abilities to overcome problems like this in the context of the game is a cheap and lazy way to increase "challenge".

Either it should work ALL of the time, or just don't include it in the first place.

Lester is a useless pr*ck anyway.

• Like 2

Whenever I have the bagger missions with a sting I position the bike facing the exit, get Lester on the phone, shoot one of the undercover guys, start driving, bribe the cops and go to the second sell point. There will be an undercover in an unmarked car around the second sell point that doesn't show up on your minimap and gives you an automatic 3 star if you shoot it. If I have multiple baggers I blow up the unmarked cop car after selling the first or else it'll harass the sh*t out of you.

The stars went away but the cops still had their sirens on and they rammed me off my bike and opened fire when I had no stars. I killed them to defend myself and got a wanted level again.

Yeah it's part of this sell mission, there's always an unmarked cruiser at the sting location that will follow you. What I started doing is find the car and blow it up and then get out of there and call Lester. This way the car won't follow you and you won't get second set of stars.

Good tips, thanks. I'll look out for the unmarked cruiser next time I do a coke 'sting' delivery.

Has anyone come across the coke quarry bug? You go there to pick up supplies but some reason there are endlessly spawning NPCs with super aggressiveness, and you die often because you're exposed. After you deliver the coke it says 'Gang Attack Passed', 10 headshots, 20 kills.... it's ridiculous, overlapping a gang attack on top of another mission.

• Like 2

whywontyoulisten

Good tips, thanks. I'll look out for the unmarked cruiser next time I do a coke 'sting' delivery.

Has anyone come across the coke quarry bug? You go there to pick up supplies but some reason there are endlessly spawning NPCs with super aggressiveness, and you die often because you're exposed. After you deliver the coke it says 'Gang Attack Passed', 10 headshots, 20 kills.... it's ridiculous, overlapping a gang attack on top of another mission.

Yeah I've had "unmarked" gang attacks at the airfields mid-mission. Stupid.

• Like 1

i've also noticed the cops in GTAO freeroam have become bigger assholes than they've ever been....ramming me more often and harder....more cop vans ganging up on me, and jus over all alot f*ckin harder to loose............also in a heist yesterday they like literally never went away, i hid almost everywhere but i jus couldnt seem to shake them so i jus quit the mission....must be a new bug in the update or something....

I had a gang attack passed notification after finishing a meth supply delivery once.. I figured it was a bug. I couldn't decide whether it was triggering a simultaneous gang attack at the location or if R* reused the gang attack mechanic for the mission.

DentureDynamite

Yeah, this game is epically borked--way too many bugs to even try keeping track of.

Re: remove wanted level; there are times when it just doesn't work, even when you're clearly out of sight of the cops, and far enough away, deep inside a tunnel, etc.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Daily Objective e.g. "Escape a 3 star wanted level" (also versions for 2, 4, and 5-stars) which often fails to complete even under the most ideal conditions, is related to this bug. You sometimes literally have to restart the game for those objectives to register as complete. And to my knowledge, R* never bothered to fix the Stunt Jump objective bug--just ditched it altogether.

I've mentioned these before, but there are numerous long-standing clipping issues that allow the LSPD/NPCs to

, (also in a
), etc. Edited by DentureDynamite

Rocket Skates

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Daily Objective e.g. "Escape a 3 star wanted level" (also versions for 2, 4, and 5-stars) which often fails to complete even under the most ideal conditions, is related to this bug. You sometimes literally have to restart the game for those objectives to register as complete. And to my knowledge, R* never bothered to fix the Stunt Jump objective bug--just ditched it altogether.

Funny you mention that. The other day, one of my DO was escape a 4 star wanted level which I tried to complete several times both in a Hydra and on the ground to no avail. Getting a 5 star and losing it seemed to trigger it complete though.

Weekendwarrior

Ok thanks everyone I didn't know it was scripted. I'll look out and blow uo that damn thing next time.

Haha I'm hoping for nicer and dumber cops for the next GTA :p

• 10 months later...

I did not get the hang of it yet, half times I manage to get the next point and sell ok, and half times the f... stars comeback in the blink of an eye, even far from everyone

This mission is a bit confuse

One time, in the desert, I spoted the undercover dark cruiser right before the madness began, blew it up, than went away, got the stars removed and the second sale spot was shown, all cool

But in the city the cruiser is well hidden among many parked cars and only comes to ramm you on the last 50 meters of the real sale spot, never showing on the map, when you are already smiling at the profit yellow spot

Yesterday I arrived at the fake sting spot and called in my Kuruma to fight back and face the madness, not to shoot the undercovers cause that is pointless and only escalates, but specially to have some decent bullet-proof time for the damm menu to call Lester, you know there are chopers upon you with deadly aim all the time, only than loose the chopers and lose the stars and get back to the bike, but stars kept reapearing, just gave up and lost around 1/3 of the Coke

I guess we must always be on tbe bagger, pass right on top of the fake delivery marked spot, to trigger the working sequence, only than hide away and call Lester

Eliminating the undercover dark cruiser first seams to work also, but I guess the bagger must go along the fake spot for all to go sequence-smooth

Is a stupid situation, after all the investment on the Lab and all the crossing of a map with many Lobby Players that also want your much sweated goods

The Meth sales are also very profitable and never give you this confusing mission, never

It should trigger only when you are solo on lobby, not on top of all the full lobby stress, is not very fair

Or at least trigger only 2 stars, no damm chopers

I consider myself quite creative and resourcefull, done all missions on meth and coke sales and this is the very only one I ever had to quit, this is why I have a 90% rate and not 95 or 100

Edited by LordLoff

Yesterday I had to drive a bagger from my LS coke lockup to Paleto but it turn out to be a sting operation so I called Lester to remove wanted level.

And the bagger was upside down against the highway wall so I had to steal their cop car to knock it down. But I was the off the bike for too long and I failed.

Removing wanted level worked when I was doing CEO sell missions so idk if this is just for MC or just a one off thing.

Anyone else got this lately? Be careful y'all.

it's an old bug i've had it once or twice during my 360 days and i still get it once in a while (on xbox one), when i have cops chasing me and i call up lester to bribe them and a few seconds after spending $600 - $800 they're after me again (money wasted), but that's usually in free roam, but if it happens in a mission it's sometimes scripted and they can be a pain to lose (one time during my 360 days i was trying to get a prison bus (heist) and i was driving and i had a few randoms in the bus and cops chasing us (as soon as i lose them they find me again) it took about 30 minutes to lose them and pass the heist setup.

Edited by hugh750