4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas Mobile Missing Features

Harisonzamperla

Harisonzamperla

So the San Andreas mobile port is great. I'm playing on ios. But they haven't updated it in over a year and there's a few bugs/features missing that are starting to drive me crazy. Rockstar support is just a series of automated messages that tell you to update your operating system and the game(duh!). Aghhhh. Its making me so pissed

the mobile version dumbed down a bunch of details that I see no reason to leave out!!

*paramedics and firefighters don't respond to downed pedestrians or fires (why would they leave this out? Now the AI just walks and does nothing)

*rain doesn't display correctly, no droplet splashes on ground and there's no blowing mists during thunderstorms

*no wet reflective streets

*hunter helicopter bug that has been reported by multiple users for over a year. Can't fire rockets properly the button is under other buttons.

*no rampage or multiplayer

*no ability to use different fighting styles like running kick

*sometimes you hear rain but it doesn't display. Looks really stupid because the lighting is all strange but no rainfall so it looks off

*hydra plane doesn't have switchable airplane/helicopter mode anymore. Just flies like a wonky helicopter

*rampages and (probably too much to hope for) multiplayer

rockstar has appearently abandonded this app since there's been no update for over a year

This game is a classic. Don't leave us out in the (buggy nonexistent) rain rockstar. Get a few of your staff to make the simple fixes your community needs to enjoy this game fully!

Come on....Grove street 4 life :-)

iOS & Android devices do not have the memory for all the chrome.

So something had to go.

Harisonzamperla

Sorry but you're completely off there.

GTA III, Vice City and Liberty City Stories have ALL have these features (Not multiplayer tho). So no. It's not about saving processing power it's just laziness.

The driving cam, rain fx and ambulance/fire truck routine ai take 1-5% of processing.

Environmental specular reflections on things like your car tires should have been the thing to go. They kept talking about adding that but who cares if the AI doesn't do cool stuff anymore and the rain looks fake as hell.

At least your tires are reflecting buildings around you. Soo immersive. I'm glad they cut everything so we could have that

Edited by Harisonzamperla
  • Like 3

Harisonzamperla

I'm on message ten with rockstar support who keep wasting my time and offering solutions like maybe you need to reinstall it. Have you tried resetting your device --as if that's going to fix assets they left out of the port somehow. I'm being patient. Now they want a video

A video of the ambulance Bug. (So dumb, it's like here's a video of jesus not coming back......crickets and video of clear sky for hours). So i sent them a video of me beating everyone in a three block radius up and no ambulance showing up. There satisfied?

I feel like I'm.getting the runaround and they're not gonna fix it

Unless it's game breaking, by this I mean not able to complete the game period. Not immersion. RockStar simply will not fix it. Ever.

If you think I'm full of sh*t, save at Madd Doggs Mansion. It's a well known issue since 2004 that hasn't been addressed in any of the versions of this game. This is because RockStar knows the game can be completed without the basketball mini game.

• Like 1

Harisonzamperla

You're right. Guess I should be glad there's any gta sa on phone at all but damn. What sh*tty follow thru

Igor Bogdanoff

Biggest issues i see are those:

*hunter helicopter bug that has been reported by multiple users for over a year. Can't fire rockets properly the button is under other buttons.

*hydra plane doesn't have switchable airplane/helicopter mode anymore. Just flies like a wonky helicopter

Everything else is either graphical bug that doesn't ruin the whole game on tiny screen, or it's touchscreen limitation.

Harisonzamperla

No. AI missing behaviors makes the game world feel flat. Theres no reason to get rid of paramedics and or firetrucks. Those little . things make the game feel alive and significant and alive.

Igor Bogdanoff

No. AI missing behaviors makes the game world feel flat. Theres no reason to get rid of paramedics and or firetrucks. Those little . things make the game feel alive and significant and alive.

oh ye missed this. This one is shameful bug too.

luishernandez

1 paramedics don't respond to downed pedestrians and firefighters don't put out fires :-(

2 rain doesn't display correctly, no droplet splashes on ground and there's no blowing mists during thunderstorms

3 no wet reflective streets

4 hunter helicopter bug that has been reported by multiple users for over a year. Can't fire rockets properly the button is under other buttons.

5 no rampage or multiplayer

6 no ability to use different fighting styles like running kick

7 sometimes you hear rain but it doesn't display.

8 hydra plane doesn't have switchable airplane/helicopter mode anymore. Just flies like a wonky helicopter

9 no cinematic drive camera

1 they do

2 the droplet splashes were not present on pc as well

3 not present on pc

4 that is a bug in abdroid v1.06 if u want to fire the rockets you need to hold the shoot button then u can fire the rockets

5 san andreas doesnt have rampages on any version and multiplayer is a mod, not part of the standard game

6 you can

7 idk about that

8 it does

9 idk about that

I'm also pretty disappointed that they didn't add it. I have never seen a single ambulance or firetruck routine spawn in my 3 years of playing this on iOS. Also, there are no grass stalks in the desert. And yet they could afford to add high resolution textures and enhanced lighting effects to the port.

Edited by VOIDACID8000

Harisonzamperla

@luishernandez

1. I've never seen a paramedic respond on the ios. Even a screenshot would convince me Because Neither has anyone else.

2. The pc definitely did have the missing weather effects I owned it as well. Also liberty city stories for ios has this. So it's not a question of processing power. Just laziness.

3. Perhaps

4. That's pretty inconvenient but good to know there's a workaround

5. PS2 had both 1 and 2 player rampages. Sorry but it did and you can look I up because it was in the unmodified game. You didn't know that?

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Multiplayer_in_GTA_San_Andreas

6. Please show me a running kick on the ios. You can't because it's not possible.

7.yes it does and its really.odd

8. Actually I think youre right about this

9. Yea? Where is it? It's in vice city ios. It'd definitely not in sane andreas ios

If you stop arguing with me, speaking from memory and go try it you'll see these features are seriously messed up (at least in the ios version. Probably android too. Can anyone confirm?). I should know I've been talking to rockstar for two days (probably the automated system). I even took videos of the bugs with airshou app and sent it to them.

Trust me. Theyre missing and its not there

Harisonzamperla

Oh also the sound is buggy on ios 10. It always makes little popping noises. The radio and music are fine. Just sfx and voice.

If you sit at the main menu when it starts with headphones all the way up you'll hear it popping in the silence. Its pretty distracting it you pay attention.

I'm not trying to nitpick an incredible game but jesus christ! Fix your own product and show a little care for the community that supports you rockstar. Don't abandon an app a year after we all.buy it

The Madd Dogg glitch is on mobile too? That's just pathetic. They put all the work into porting the game, what's a little more scripting anyway?

The Madd Dogg glitch is on mobile too? That's just pathetic. They put all the work into porting the game, what's a little more scripting anyway?

Beats me...They could have just moved the f*cking save icon outside or just removed it from the original xbox/ PC going forward. But, as it's not going to ruin the overall game and completion it wasn't fixed.

That's different now with newer games. They fix these issues with patches. But there's no point in re-writing a bunch of code for decade old games when the users have gotten used to it.

ON TOPIC the Ipad / Smartphone whatever is NOT a Playstation 2. This is why the grass is missing and it's why certain graphics aren't used. Get over it with the small stuff and enjoy the game play.

Harisonzamperla

If you've ever modded GTA you'd know these are easy fixes. The codes already there. The different versions aren't different as far as AI scripts and in game assets. Its a file copy, a bit of scripting. Perhaps a bit of debugging based of the particular system and resigning the Ipa.

But I concede. Rockstar is never gonna fix it and even with missing Features it's sill a great game.

Wish the audio wasn't all screwy tho.

I dont mean to complain but it's like having a super expensive car except the door doesn't shut properly, the alignment is off, third gear feels weird and one window doesnt roll up all the way. It's frustrating. Yea I should appreciate my sports car but is it really such a great vehicle if there's a bunch of tiny annoying stuff wrong with it?

Harisonzamperla

I give up. Whatever. If I'm the only one frustrated by this stuff then maybe it's not worth patching or bugging anyone about.

Just wanna see this game get some love instead of being abandonded

Maybe they'll make bully for ios. Was vice city stories any good? The mission structures and storyline seemed way more simplistic than vice city. Theyre probably gonna port that soon

I give up. Whatever. If I'm the only one frustrated by this stuff then maybe it's not worth patching or bugging anyone about.

Just wanna see this game get some love instead of being abandonded

Maybe they'll make bully for ios. Was vice city stories any good? The mission structures and storyline seemed way more simplistic than vice city. Theyre probably gonna port that soon

Yeah it's sad they didn't bother doing a proper port but that's how they are now. Swimming in too much money and only care about Online. Edited by Son of Zeus

luishernandez

the reflective streets are only present on ps2

as well as two player mode

Edited by luishernandez

Another annoying glitch on iOS is the vehicle sometimes automatically steers a bit to the left or right even when I'm not turning at all.

Harisonzamperla

Unfortunately you're right. I think its a what you see it what you're stuck with situation.

Unfortunately you're right. I think its a what you see it what you're stuck with situation.

Indeed. Well atleast it's better than no SA on mobile.

luishernandez

another annoying glitch:

90% of the vehicles "stutter", they will drive the whole time as if u drive on stairs