1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Getting money dropped on you = ban?

Zerani

I cant believe there is a two thread about some guy and a measly 20K!!. which Rockstar nor anyone else cares about...

If this was a troll OP it was a good one ;)

lol

Oh trust me, Rockstar is that much of an ass about modded cash, even if it's just $50. They'll try to find any excuse to spin the situation to their favor and treat you as if you were a crook, if Nate had confessed to Rockstar about it they won't just remove the $20K, they'll erase every single digit in his account and possibly do the same to his stats and vehicles.

Well (in my experience from the past), it may depend on who at R* Support sees and responds to your ticket. It's at their discretion (having a good day? having a bad day?) as to what they do; I've had both benevolent and not-so-benevolent responses to whenever I've reported being money dropped on me. I would predict the latter; praying that you get lucky and hope your ticket is picked up by someone who's at least fair. And yes, it does help to be as congenial and objective as possible when reporting the money (especially when you're on R*'s turf so-to-speak):

"Politeness costs nothing, and gains everything." — Lady Mary Wortley Montagu

One thing I know is that if you get money wiped for whatever reason, either R* doesn't know which money is which ("modded", legit earned, or legit-bought Shark cash card), or they just don't care...but it will all get wiped out.

Edited by DentureDynamite

i was afk once on the ps3 and came back to 400 000, nothing ever came of it. i kind of miss the anarchy of the ps3, random things happening always made me smile.

Edited by cipher656
  • Like 1

I just had a modder drop cash on me randomly, I immediately swapped sessions but still got about 20k dropped cash, with all the crazy new money removal and banning system, should I be worried about getting banned for this and my account reset?

All you have to do is contact Rockstar immediately to tell them what's up, and then don't spend the money.

Are people for real here?

Do spend the money.

Don't report it to R*.

With their recent policies, reporting the cash is even more risky than sitting on it.

20k is unnoticeable. It also appears as "job cash."

Every single person, that I know, who has received money drops involuntary or otherwise has not reported it, and has not had any action taken against them.

R* does not sweep each person's account individually for money drops.

You would need something big, like in the hundreds of millions, to flip up a red flag.

That, and you would need to be stupid enough to bank it all at once.

Calm down, take it easy, and keep playing normally.

All of these people who have had money dropped on them and then got banned or wiped probably leave out a lot more of their story...

• Like 3

one time i spawned into a session after failing a random heist i encountered a modder dropping cash i made sure i was no wheres near him and i quickly changed sessions.

Edited by hugh750

I've had money dropped on me both voluntarily and involuntarily at least like 30 times since the game came out and nothing's ever happened. Probably over 300 mil altogether from it.

I just had a modder drop cash on me randomly, I immediately swapped sessions but still got about 20k dropped cash, with all the crazy new money removal and banning system, should I be worried about getting banned for this and my account reset?

All you have to do is contact Rockstar immediately to tell them what's up, and then don't spend the money.

Doesn't always work, however. Their support is so mortifying that they'll simply have their automated bot do all the replying for them.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: I've had money involuntarily dropped on me more times than I can count, and I'm fine.

20,000 is microscopic compared to what some modders will do. I've got friends with over 20m tossed their way who haven't run into any issues before or now.

I really like the paint job, not sure what car but looks cool.

People still dont understand what terms of use is. If you cant abide by the terms of use, then get your ass banned!

Nah, just glitch instead of mod and you should be fine (just keep the amount low enough that it's believable).

• 4 years later...
SavageDriver377

i got money dropped on me like 4-5 days ago it was a big amount 22million and after that my game said 'timed out locating session pls return to grand theft auto five and try again later'  is this because of the money and me getting banned or is it the servers 

3 hours ago, SavageDriver377 said:

i got money dropped on me like 4-5 days ago it was a big amount 22million and after that my game said 'timed out locating session pls return to grand theft auto five and try again later'  is this because of the money and me getting banned or is it the servers 

Are you on PS3 or Xbox360? Nobody cares about anything over there. 

PC isn't really much different. That error you mentioned is a network related issue and nothing pertaining to a ban but, uhm what were you doing at the time?

Even if you were getting dropped $25,000 a second - which I don't think is possible anymore as the last I knew money drops were limited to $2,500 pickups (on PC) - it would take nearly the full 15 minutes of idle time you're allowed to collect 22 million, not to mention the transaction error screen from collecting too much too quickly... 

🤔 

dieseltech20

You obviously knew the drop was happening because the money drops are still limited to 2500 per bag (one menu does have a 10k SELF drop option though). Most menus can flood you with bags but it still takes a lot to get 20 million.

Either way, contrary to popular belief, money drops are pretty safe. 

3 hours ago, SavageDriver377 said:

im on ps3 

Oh then I wouldn't worry about what goes on there. 
If your account ever gets changed by someone else - them editing your statistics or rank or whatever - then you might need to get in touch with Rockstar Support to fix the issue with whatever happened. 

dieseltech20

They don't care about PS3 at all so I wouldn't worry about it.

Won't be too long before we can say the same about PS4.

Edited by dieseltech20

A modder spawned bags of cash on me and I just got 2 million dollars!