1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Getting money dropped on you = ban?

Zerani

^^ That's literally the risk you run if you report it to R*.

You would think honesty would be welcome and treated well (and sometimes it is), but I suspect R* Support is so jaded by constantly dealing with crud that you're lucky if they don't send lightning bolts your way...

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 2

With the whole new ban system I'd figure modders would lay low but the opposite is happening.

My thoughts exactly! But we were naive, Cockstar's new anti-cheat and ban system is mostly for those who earn money in illegitimate ways.

One of my friends' videos, recorded yesterday:

Also from yesterday, I took a picture of a huge UFO in the middle of the city. Forgot to upload it to SC, I will do it later this evening and post the picture here.

But yeah, the script kiddies are back. They had been gone for a few months though, helas all good things come to an end eventually, it was fun while it lasted.

Edited by Mythical_Lotus

FWIW, a fairly reliable giveaway as to the presence of script kiddies (at least when they're spawning large objects or quantities of objects) is notable frame rate drop.

In any normal session (with my GTX 970), I'm getting an easy ~70 fps, dropping only occasionally to ~50 at the lowest. But last night with the script kids my frame rate literally stopped/froze for about 4-5 seconds, then slowly resumed until I changed sessions.

...one really good reason to keep FPS monitoring software running at all times in-game.

Also from yesterday, I took a picture of a huge UFO in the middle of the city. Forgot to upload it to SC, I will do it later this evening and post the picture here.

Let me take care of that for you (old photo):

script_kiddie_invasion.png

BTW, one of the most bizarre script kiddie "frankenvehicles" I've encountered is a Titan with two Valkyries and a Rhino stuck inside it--making it a veritable AC-130 (BF3, anyone?):

bizarreplane.png

• Like 1

The last thing you should do is contact rockstar, they are the no1 most usless support service of all time because of how many illiterate lying mouthbreathers constantly litter the support forums with obvious bs about how they didn't cheat that is barely legible.

I really doubt you will get the book thrown at you over 20k dude, just forget it and buy a t shirt.

Edited by SoDank_ItPainsMe

The fact that you can get banned for somebody giving you money without your permission is some of the stupidest sh*t. I would report that sh*t to Rockstar if I were you but the fact that you have to be worried is just sad...

Where did you see that "fact"? You people are fear mongering, it hasn't happened and it's not gonna happen.

Honestly, even with the new ban "rules" in place, it looks like R* considers substantially more criteria before they outright ban a player; so if you're a legit player (never run mods in Online, etc.) your biggest worry is getting money wiped--and there's no guarantee that will happen either.

If you've played in the Billionaire Days, just don't, even if you got proof you've played legit eversince that money wipe it'll just get ignored and your account will be reset.

That would be hilarious if script kiddies got legit players banned :lol::lol::lol:

Professor Fate would like to have a word with you.

prof_fate1.png

That would be hilarious if script kiddies got legit players banned :lol::lol::lol:

No it wouldn't. I've played legit since launch and would be very annoyed if R* banned me because of some stupid kid dropping money. It would show a gigantic flaw in whatever system R* uses in their already extremely buggy game. If it happened I'd stop playing GTA and would boycott all future R* titles and suggest that friends do the same.

Edited by MatthewH
  • Like 2

I've had at least a billion dollars from modders over the years, haven't been banned yet. This was way back on Xbox that I got a billion, I've had a fair amount on PC too and still have not been banned though. I wouldn't worry, the money removal seems only related to actual modders, not people given money by modders.

No it wouldn't. I've played legit since launch and would be very annoyed if R* banned me because of some stupid kid dropping money. It would show a gigantic flaw in whatever system R* uses in their already extremely buggy game. If it happened I'd stop playing GTA and would boycott all future R* titles and suggest that friends do the same.

You named almost all the reasons I would find it hilarious :lol::lol:

I can see it now...

Player: Hey, $20k was dropped on me by a modder and I am wanting it removed.

R*: *Resets entire character data*

Player: Ugh, not what I wanted.

the R* logic says thats what they may do.
  • Like 2

BTW, one of the most bizarre script kiddie "frankenvehicles" I've encountered is a Titan with two Valkyries and a Rhino stuck inside it--making it a veritable AC-130 (BF3, anyone?):

bizarreplane.png

Someone got creative with Menyoo a while back and you can even get that "vehicle" yourself (for single player use only). Those times have gone now though.

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure it will. R* will ban any player, modder/hacker or otherwise, even if you're not at fault. If you have money dropped on you by a modder, you best hope and pray R* doesn't declare you a target.

Edited by M.K.N.

Have Rockstar remove the 20K to be safe. I mean it's only 20k. Get it back with a sightseer man.

Also for the people saying it's okay because they got x amount of money some time ago, this is different. Rockstar recently said they upped their rules. Check the fourms here. The "ways to get banned" seem very strict. Whether they'll follow through or not is different story. Op should call Rockstar and get the money removed. Why risk 20k? That's such an insignificant amount of money and can be quickly earned back.

Edited by pie4july

To my (limited) knowledge, R* is still acting in reactive mode (i.e. money wipes after the money is distributed, etc.); not preventative mode (keeping it from happening in the first place). Why?

Because they never bothered to implement any form of anti-cheat prevention in the game from day one, and they have no system that can simply prevent anyone from spawning and dropping money bags (glitching is another story). The best they can do is the ongoing cat-and-mouse game of "is this person using some form of DLL injection cheat?" when you launch the game.

"Too little, too late" is the phrase here. Trying to stop cockroaches from infesting your house after they've made a nest beneath it generally doesn't work. And now you have a heavily patched (and notoriously buggy) three-year-old code base that fewer devs are as familiar with (some of the old "guard" no longer working for R*).

Someone also pointed out that though R* has access to massive amounts of detailed player stats that they could use to enact draconian anti-cheat measures (e.g. they know when you fly under a bridge for goodness' sake), they still refuse to. Why?

To my (limited) knowledge, R* is still acting in reactive mode (i.e. money wipes after the money is distributed, etc.); not preventative mode (keeping it from happening in the first place). Why?

Because they never bothered to implement any form of anti-cheat prevention in the game from day one, and they have no system that can simply prevent anyone from spawning and dropping money bags (glitching is another story). The best they can do is the ongoing cat-and-mouse game of "is this person using some form of DLL injection cheat?" when you launch the game.

"Too little, too late" is the phrase here. Trying to stop cockroaches from infesting your house after they've made a nest beneath it generally doesn't work. And now you have a heavily patched (and notoriously buggy) three-year-old code base that fewer devs are as familiar with (some of the old "guard" no longer working for R*).

Someone also pointed out that though R* has access to massive amounts of detailed player stats that they could use to enact draconian anti-cheat measures (e.g. they know when you fly under a bridge for goodness' sake), they still refuse to. Why?

And even with proof, R* always directly blames on the victim and lays the hammer on them with no second thoughts. It just proves that unlike other devs with the guts to ban hackers and troublemakers alike, R* clearly doesn't have the spine to implement a real, working anti-cheat and their support is shady at its finest.

• Like 1

here is some R* logic for you

Back in Billionaire bounty days. They didnt ban any of the people putting the Billionaire bounties on people, they temp banned the people who claimed the bounties, especially and instantly if they shared that money.

The guy who killed me when i had 1billion bounty on my head, messaged me to say that he shared the money and got 9 month ban. He was unbanned after 5months!!

R* logic

Spend it, just dont share it

Edited by _PANiC_
  • Like 1

K here's what I see happening.

You: Hey Rockstar a modder gave me 20,000 I don't know what to do.

Rockstar: (automated response)/tl;dr - We've reset your account, the second time you will be permabanned, have a great day!

You: But-

Rockstar: (automated response)/tl;dr - We've reset your account, the second time you will be permabanned, have a great daiy!

Edited by Scaglietti
  • Like 4