Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,222 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Deadite

Do you want the "Honor" system to return?

Horseballs  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Honor system, yes or not?

• Yep
    • Naw
  2. 2. Have you looked in the cave Seth?

• "No, it's too dark"
    • I hate people

The Deadite

Personally, i don't care if it doesn't return.

It would made sense if the first game had story ramifications but i felt it was not used to it's full effect, besides, i don't see John acting like an asshole, it contradicted his whole personality and felt like a unecesary gimmick.

Edited by Midnight Hitman

LincolnClay

Why not? Missed opportunity if not. They could put random events out in the world and once you ride by, you can decide what happens.

Matty

Of course. In Red Dead Redemption, it did offer perks and consequences to the player on both sides and it also determined how the world reacted towards the player as well. However, I'd like the system to be expanded further in RDR2 as to determine what sort of side-tasks that the player is able to participate in, and the types of random encounters that will show up for the player.

Another idea too would be to tie it into the storyline - with certain missions only being available if the player has chosen to be honourable, with an equivalent mission available only if the player has chosen to be dishonorable.

toxluv

Yes, I'd love to see an updated version of the one we had in Red Dead Redemption, but with more consequences on how we'll play the game and its storyline (something ala inFamous).

The Deadite

Of course. In Red Dead Redemption, it did offer perks and consequences to the player on both sides and it also determined how the world reacted towards the player as well. However, I'd like the system to be expanded further in RSR2 as to determine what sort of side-tasks that the player is able to participate in, and the types of random encounters that will show up for the player.

Another idea too would be to tie it into the storyline - with certain missions only being available if the player has chosen to be honourable, with an equivalent mission available only if the player has chosen to be dishonorable.

Like inFAMOUS 2, Cole (the protag) goes through phisical changes depending of his actions.

He dresses in black and has a messy look if he acts like a villain, however if he acts like a hero, his clothes are lighter in tone and looks more tidy.

Edited by Midnight Hitman

cowabunga

Sure, but having more influence in the story.

happygrowls

It should affect the open world more than just a few snarky comments from Townsfolk, such as Bars not serving you because of your reputation, or being able to go into areas where certain gangs are hiding out.

Or hell, even the ability to join these gangs and do side-tasks for them, or vice versa with the Law.

Possibilities are endless with this system, let's hope R* doesn't screw it up.

cowabunga

Oops, I double-posted it. Sorry guys.

Edited by cowabunga

Matty

Of course. In Red Dead Redemption, it did offer perks and consequences to the player on both sides and it also determined how the world reacted towards the player as well. However, I'd like the system to be expanded further in RDR2 as to determine what sort of side-tasks that the player is able to participate in, and the types of random encounters that will show up for the player.

Like inFAMOUS 2, Cole (the protag) goes through phisical changes depending of his actions.

He dresses in black and has a messy look if he acts like a villain, however if he acts like a hero, his clothes are lighter in tone and looks more tidy.

Yes, exactly.

That's another thing RDR2 could do with an updated honour system, too - determine what weapons the protagonist can use and what outfits they can wear - with certain outfits and weapons only being available to dishonourable, or honourable, players. As you said, for dishonourable players, the protagonist would have a more rough, rugged, and gritter appearance and the weapons that they have access to would cater to this sort of gameplay as well.

Neon_Dreaming

Yeah I'd like to see it return, it added a weight to the random violence that the player could do. Saying that the bandana was a nice idea, allowed you to cause mayhem without any change to the honor stat.

Cameron Star

I don't mind either way, it doesn't really change how I play the first one so it doesn't matter. But if they make it better so it influences the story or, like others have suggested, your appearance (like in Fable) then I would like that.

DangerZ0neX

I'd definitely want to see it return.

Thing is, having bad honor in RDR is hypocritical as you are playing as Marston, a man set on getting redeemed for the sins he committed when he was in Dutch's gang. It makes more sense to have bad honor in this game since I believe that it'll be a prequel, gives more backbone to Marston's path to a quiet and peaceful life.

Little Big Man

I don't think RDR2 will be released on the honour system.

If you want a copy, they'll make sure you pay for it.

saintsrow

I'd definitely want to see it return.

Thing is, having bad honor in RDR is hypocritical as you are playing as Marston, a man set on getting redeemed for the sins he committed when he was in Dutch's gang. It makes more sense to have bad honor in this game since I believe that it'll be a prequel, gives more backbone to Marston's path to a quiet and peaceful life.

Since there wasn't any more story arc left in RDR after the Jack Marston branch, I played Jack as a low-down, no-honor SOB, killin' folks everywhere, and running down the eyewitnesses, and killin' them, too.

But I got bored and never pursued it far enough to see how low honor can go. It's easy enough to keep a bounty on your head, and then the posses are after you all the time. Felt almost as bad as GTAV cops.

PhillBellic

I'd like for it to return. I was always had Good Honour.

Shadow__Hazard

Of course.

Mister Pink

I love the honour system. Especially when you accidentally kill an innocent person and your honour goes down a bit. You feel genuinely bad.

Likewise when you do good deeds and it feels rewarding.

For those of you that think it contradicts Marston's story of Redemption, it doesn't really. People don't shake habits so easily.And it's the things that Marston does in the story that counts. His attempts or at least his conscience at play for the bad things he's done.

And besides if there is an honour system and you think Marston doing dishonourable acts is against the story, then don't do dishonourable acts. Simple as. Don't restrict the gameplay for the rest of usand make it less realistic because of an opinion you formed. It's not hypocritical when a alcoholic relapses nor should it be of Marston robs a bank or mugs a person.

Edited by Mister Pink

JohnWeazel

I would like it to return, but I also think it needs to be a bigger factor somehow. It didn't do all that much in RDR besides make you feel bad sometimes, and it honestly didn't feel like it fit at all to be evil as John or Jack.

I've said this in other posts, but I think it would be interesting if they split the story up (or even just the playable characters) into a "Good" and a "Bad" (maybe even an "Ugly" somehow, just for the reference lol) Imagine having one story (or protagonist) as a good guy gunslinger or lawman, and another as a badass outlaw.

There's plenty of possibilities but considering how Rockstar has played with the multiple protagonists idea a little bit, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar was in RDR2.

Edited by JohnWeazel

tonko

YES

theGTAking101

I'd like it to return, and I'd like it to play a bigger role in how the people of the community treat you.

Mac Tonight

Sure, if it has a gameplay purpose like it did previously. I would also hope that it would affect the outcomes of side missions or hopefully even main missions, but considering how Rockstar prefers to create more linear stories, I wouldn't count on a large change in how the Honor system works in terms of story application

Sauce béarnaise

Anything really, but the more features for SOLO the better since I'm f*cking sick of Online play these days. Looking for people to have a good time with is like picking for needles in a hay stack. So, yeah I am already very dubitative of this RDR2 release allthough it's predecessor was my favorite game of all time. I just see too much from GTA online is gonna get carried on over there, I just hope I'm wrong.

Professor SmackaDabbah

Yeah keep it. When a game has a feature that makes you genuinely concerned about your reputation in a make believe video game world, it means it's something you wanna keep around.

Skarekrow

Yeah keep it. When a game has a feature that makes you genuinely concerned about your reputation in a make believe video game world, it means it's something you wanna keep around.

I concur. Having the player decide whether or not to take the moral high ground based on what rewards/consequences they think they will earn/suffer makes them actually give a sh*t about what's happening to their character and the world they live in.

Edited by Skarekrow

Urban Legends

Every dog has it's day. I'd like to see a really dark side to the Antagonist. It can easily happen especially at this time in history.