1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Modded accounts are having their money drained.

Cavot

Sooooo, I assume they've also deleted all invisible outfits and modded-rank accounts?

*crickets*

They got that pesky helemet mask glitch so there's that?
  • Like 2

Rockstar would rather do a money wipe than an invisible outfit wipe.

• Like 4

Wouldn't it technically be a 2-for-1? What's point of keeping account with invis body if got no money to take advantage? Lol.

I still have my non modded $828 mil. Most of it came from Pac Standard glitch.

Damn. Respect, bro!

PS4 modded account and my money is gone. Still have millions in assets though.. Not phased, I rarely play anymore.

Wouldn't it technically be a 2-for-1? What's point of keeping account with invis body if got no money to take advantage? Lol.Even legitimate accounts were able to glitch themselves invisible torsos and legs, or even full bodied minus eyes/head, it's still a plague in the PvP scene.

Lololol i actually received 1million from rockstar today for being such a clean & legit player for the past 3 years.

The rockstar support messages are just too funny. I'm so happy about this. I got over 65 million which i worked very hard for and earned legit.

They shouldav done this looong ago but better late than never right?

I LOVE :r*:

Edited by Oobe

I don't get personally how you can gain any satisfaction from having to do absolutely nothing to earn your sh*t...it often culminates in some sort of superiority complex bizarrely when in fact you had to to cheat to buy sh*t that others didn't need to cheat to attain.

Inevitably these players are often the freemode Warriors as they don't need to earn money so instead spend their time attempting to keep their interest in the game by annoying people rather than working with them to make money.

Obviously nothing is universal though.

This statement needs flashing lights around it. That's what a lot cheaters don't understand. Money isn't an issue for them. They can 'Murrica rockets all over the place and not flinch at the costs. I'm not broke, but after a long day of free roam warfare, I'm looking at the ammo re-up screen like, "I gotta stop doing that sh*t..."

What's more, like you pointed out, a lot of cheaters are legit assholes that take to trolling to keep themselves entertained. And, the people they troll are the people that are actually working to make their money the old-fashioned way. Modded trolls are getting their rocks off, being dicks, by f*cking up crate/supply runs/sales and making it so that legit players can't earn. When people ask, "How does modded money affect you?", that's one way...

Essentially getting rid of modded money would go a long way to cutting down on people trolling in Freeroam when people are making money legitimately...it would also mean that when a random let lvl 200 joins your heist he actually has done heists and doesn't f*cked around in Freeroam since launch.

• Like 1

Its very disgusting to see how *legit* players are happy about it. Its just modded money, its not a cheater ruining your game. Very low behaviour.

They want to have pride in minuscule things just to brag that they're "legit", like they expect a reward or applause for being good boys.

If you play legit, good for you, you're doing yourself a favor. However, if you decide to act like a smug douchebag about it then you're no better than the modded accounts.

Yeah but with respect, there is a flip-side to this, especially so on PC where people do have access to mods and cheats (and slowly but surely the old school griefing options are making their way back in).

If a player has millions upon millions stocked up so that there's never going to be a future DLC update that will drain their finances, they MAY be more inclined to "mess about" (troll?) in missions, heists and whatnot because they're just out for a bit of fun and don't really care about what others think and do.

You could even have people wearing the exact same shoes and sailing in the same boat, who earn thousands every day or week in real life, and so can afford not to grind and simply purchase shark cards*, and those people may "grief others for their fun" because they've no need to "play the game" to earn their money. But the numbers for those people will surely be low.

Now I may be chatting absolute crap, but I've seen people purchase and experience everything a DLC update has to offer and then get bored within the next 48 hours (or less), only to turn their attention on "impeding on other player's experiences".

So whilst these players with modded millions may mind their own business - they're not affecting you by having that money - there is a (small) possibility that by being so well futureproofed, that player will turn their attention on their thrill seekers and if that's to patrol the skies in a Hydra destroying anything that moves, well I'm sure you could well be in the Bitch and Moan thread sooner than you know it!

*shark cards - haters will hate.

EDIT: Oh, looks like others have made my point. Meh, I'll wake up early one day.

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 3

Lololol i actually received 1million from rockstar today for being such a clean & legit player for the past 3 years.

The rockstar support messages are just too funny. I'm so happy about this. I got over 65 million which i word very hard for and earned legit.

Bullsh*t. Simple as that.

• Like 2

Wouldn't it technically be a 2-for-1? What's point of keeping account with invis body if got no money to take advantage? Lol.
Even legitimate accounts were able to glitch themselves invisible torsos and legs, or even full bodied minus eyes/head, it's still a plague in the PvP scene.

I actually did the invisible torso glitch by accident, didn't even know about it before. Don't even know if I did the same glitch everyone else did, as I couldn't be bothered looking into it any further.

The rockstar support messages are just too funny. I'm so happy about this. I got over 65 million which i worked very hard for and earned legit.

Not really buying it, but would be cool if they did.

Still have my 82 million. Original transferred from ps3 with 130 mill as of August 2015. I have been making legit since then. Anyone who has received modded cash but has played legit since? I don't see nothing wrong with that tbh.

While I do see the frustration of normal people who played legit, you seriously can't get upset for someone getting lucky. That would be liking getting upset over someone winning the lottery.

Yeah, My Mom texted me really early this morning, One of her accounts is modded back,All her money is gone. :O

Your mom plays GTA, da fuq?

Yes she does lol,She's actually a higher rank then I. She made a few modder friends back in the day, So that's how she got all that money. :D

• Like 2

DentureDynamite

I want to be happy about this, but:

1. Way too late

2. There'll be another crazy money glitch along soon if not already

3. f*ck rockstar for saying that it's to keep the gameplay environment fair, that's something it is far from.

This money wipe is just another bump in the "Versus" game; it won't end any time soon, especially if the last three years are anything to go by.

Especially since R* continues to operate on their blatantly broken reactive anti-cheat, rather than preventative anti-cheat system (VAC it is not--and even that isn't bulletproof). Heck, even Punkbuster would be an improvement to this game.

Their lack of pre-planning when creating GTA Online will continue to haunt them...

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 3

Just wondering who is being skipped or forgotten and become the king of Los Santos. ;)

SmokesWithCigs

I hope this doesn't affect the pacific heist exploit. its just a harmless cheat and a way around their system. I don't mod. yeah they are hitting modded account money but what about the mods themselves are they cracking down on those assholes. i'm sick of dealing with relentless level 8000 griefers that don't know when to quit. i'm on my ps3 right now playing rdr if worse comes to worse i'll just lay low until this thing blows over. then i'll switch back to ps4

Edited by SmokesWithCigs

Oh no'es what will I ever do???

Oh well I'll just keep spending my millions :lol::lol::lol::lol::monocle:

#suckit

Anyone had car dupe money taken?

Not afaik. I was online earlier getting bonds to be safe though. Nothing was touched at the time.

>.>

• Like 2

Do the R* website stats update without launching the game? It still says I have modded money in the website because I rarely launch the game

ATTENTION

Now not only do you get banned for having extra cash, extra rank, griefing players, blowing up cars, etc. You also get your character's stats, properties, inventory, and progress wiped and reset.

Here's the catch for the sociopaths who thinks this is good news, if you falsely get temp banned for ANYTHING that is against your own will, everything you did in this game will be erased and gone and you get permabanned the next time. But that's not all, you cannot appeal to or convince Rockstar that you've been falsely banned because they'll intentionally treat you like a criminal and say that they never made a single mistake.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/229514247-Update-to-GTA-Online-Suspension-and-Ban-Policy

Sociopaths are now controlling this company, it's absolutely sickening how they have no regard for the potential damage they're doing onto their fanbase.

Black-Dragon96

I hope this doesn't affect the pacific heist exploit. its just a harmless cheat and a way around their system. I don't mod. yeah they are hitting modded account money but what about the mods themselves are they cracking down on those assholes. i'm sick of dealing with relentless level 8000 griefers that don't know when to quit. i'm on my ps3 right now playing rdr if worse comes to worse i'll just lay low until this thing blows over. then i'll switch back to ps4

I dont think that it affects the pac standart glitch money. I mean how can they track it? You simply did a heist mission and got money.

If I log on and find my money is gone, then it's bye-bye GTAO.

Frankly, I'm pretty tired of this company trying to justify a $50,000 horn yet complaining about modded money.

Get out of my tailpipe, Rockstar!

v_Czc0bTHE-BURs0gwquOg_0_0.jpg

This is a trivial issue, I agree, but it's a good thing that Rockstar is taking action - regardless of whether or not it's fair. O, especially on PC, has been a total disaster for months - so the fact that anything is being done is a good thing, though I still think it's unfair to treat players as "guilty until proven innocent", since that just singles everyone out as the "bad guy".

The best thing to do now is just be more careful.

ATTENTION

Now not only do you get banned for having extra cash, extra rank, griefing players, blowing up cars, etc. You also get your character's stats, properties, inventory, and progress wiped and reset.

Here's the catch for the sociopaths who thinks this is good news, if you falsely get temp banned for ANYTHING that is against your own will, everything you did in this game will be erased and gone and you get permabanned the next time. But that's not all, you cannot appeal to or convince Rockstar that you've been falsely banned because they'll intentionally treat you like a criminal and say that they never made a single mistake.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/229514247-Update-to-GTA-Online-Suspension-and-Ban-Policy

Sociopaths are now controlling this company, it's absolutely sickening how they have no regard for the potential damage they're doing onto their fanbase.

Very much doubt an innocent player will get hurt by this and it's likely just a scare tactic to stop some of the morons sending them messages like: "OMG u took my $ i want my 50 billion back i did nuttin rong".

I had 1.8 billions on my modded account, transferred in May 2016, all the money is gone (even the money I earned through heists/missions/etc). I still have my original/legit account with about 65 mil, some of it glitched (pac stan/duping), and it's still there.

Black-Dragon96

ATTENTION

Very much doubt an innocent player will get hurt by this and it's likely just a scare tactic to stop some of the morons sending them messages like: "OMG u took my $ i want my 50 billion back i did nuttin rong".Well the big question is now what happens to your stuff if you get innocently / wrongly banned!

Example deleted. The fixed example is now a few posts down.

Edited by Black-Dragon96

ATTENTION

Very much doubt an innocent player will get hurt by this and it's likely just a scare tactic to stop some of the morons sending them messages like: "OMG u took my $ i want my 50 billion back i did nuttin rong".

Well the big question is now what happens to your stuff if you get innocently / wrongly banned!

Example: Player X gets banned for modding, but his stuff and money is gone. What will Rockstar Games do if that happens?

Nothing. Can't be appealed.

Checking an old account that I have 6 trillion on, made it a few years ago. Will update this post.