2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Modded accounts are having their money drained.

Cavot

I think this may hurt rockstar more then they think. Games been out since 2013, updates is what keeps people intrested. Most don't have time or want to grind for money so they have modded accounts. This will kill the intrest in some.

A person with a cheated account would never buy a sharkcard. Once you buy the game, they made money from you. It doesn't matter if you play it after that or not. Why would they care if a customer who'd never buy a sharkcard quits the game?

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I bet this is activated by the time you log on and the game traces the amount of money you have.

I'm not surprised by this at all, but it heavily disappoints me that Rockstar would rather prioritize money wipes over fixing the game and make it function better.

Unbelievable.

Typical f*cking Rockstar. And people are saying "great" as if this actually fixes anything.

Didn't fix sh*t. I can still lose my 50,000 engine upgrades from driving my car out of my garage but some stupid glitcher I couldn't care less about gets his bank account wiped clean? Whoopdy f*cking do, why the f*ck should I care?

I swear, this company puts out great content but they're about as stupid as a bag of bricks- they dumb as hell.

Idiots...

Grinding for several days in order to own one new car just doesn't appeal to me.

That is GTA Online. If you don't like it, play another game

At least that's how the game is built. I don't know if it's good or not, but that's the way it is. It's funny how people have been playing a fantasy game for three years not knowing that it is not a fantasy game. It is work. Tough work, where you are the slave and Rockstar is the master. That's GTAO.

Real life for most adults is a grind. Going to a crappy job to do the same boring task over and over again and having to surpress you intelligence in the process. Gaming is not about being a mind numbing grind, it's meant to be fun. Rockstar have forgotten this. Playing the missions in GTA O was fun, whilst ranking up. After 3 years, they're just mind-numbing. They're not bad missions, just it's the same ones over and over again. Plus everything is ridiculously expensive. Sure you don't have to buy anything but it's nice to be able to enjoy the new content when it's released.

Yeah, I know it's boring and stupid. But that is GTA Online.

Is Rockstar shooting it's own leg for killing all the fun (fun=modded money)?

The way GTA O is set up, you have to have money to have fun.

About time they did something about modded money accounts.

Yes, it's about time they did something about something that doesn't affect anyone.

TheKingChivas

It does affect legit players cuz the modded accs are the griefers, 100%

I wouldn't say 100%, but having unlimited funds and no motivation to earn more definitely can lead to it.

I have a legit account and it makes no difference to me how much money someone else has.

You don't need a huge amount of money to be a griefer.

And I never used my modded account for the purposes of griefing. Just proved your "100%" to be incorrect.

• Like 3

I have no idea why they would do this now after 3 years....

Seems mad to me, nobody who has lost money will buy a shark card.....

Also the new Ban policy is very harsh.

For anybody who is falsely banned, lose all there vehicles, money and propriety plus have their characters reset?? Very harsh with no appeal....

I wonder if they are just testing out new Online processes for RDR2

• Like 2

Really? I had fun for 4 hours when Lamar missions were released. OK, I had to spend 1 hour to get 3 of my gaming friends to come play with me, but after that the 4 hours were great. Also I had some fun with the CEO missions after I found out how to do a solo public lobby. Also I had some fun on the MC jobs content. Also I've had some fun with some of the new adversary modes added during the last year or so. Also I had fun with the time trials a year ago when there were 22 weeks of new time trials. When did I have fun last time purchasing a item with $GTA? Well, 2013, when I could purchase a tank after some serious grinding. After that, GTAO has never given me any fun when it comes to $GTA.

I quess there are some kind of people and there are other kind of people or how do you say

• Like 1

Misanthrope Z

not all modded accounts are griefers

and not all legit players aren't griefers

who's to say there isn't some jet griefer out there using sharkcards to pay off their hydra fetish?

all-in-all it doesn't affect people as much as you'd like to believe. and remember, wallbreaches, invisible bodies, killing someone in their garage and losing all of your engine upgrades don't cost you a dime.

• Like 3

Really? I had fun for 4 hours when Lamar missions were released. OK, I had to spend 1 hour to get 3 of my gaming friends to come play with me, but after that the 4 hours were great. Also I had some fun with the CEO missions after I found out how to do a solo public lobby. Also I had some fun on the MC jobs content. Also I've had some fun with some of the new adversary modes added during the last year or so. Also I had fun with the time trials a year ago when there were 22 weeks of new time trials. When did I have fun last time purchasing a item with $GTA? Well, 2013, when I could purchase a tank after some serious grinding. After that, GTAO has never given me any fun when it comes to $GTA.

I quess there are some kind of people and there are other kind of people or how do you say

You still need money to do all that. Ammo' cost money, need £1 million to be a CEO.

I bet this is activated by the time you log on and the game traces the amount of money you have.

I'm not surprised by this at all, but it heavily disappoints me that Rockstar would rather prioritize money wipes over fixing the game and make it function better.

Unbelievable.

Typical f*cking Rockstar. And people are saying "great" as if this actually fixes anything.

Didn't fix sh*t. I can still lose my 50,000 engine upgrades from driving my car out of my garage but some stupid glitcher I couldn't care less about gets his bank account wiped clean? Whoopdy f*cking do, why the f*ck should I care?

I swear, this company puts out great content but they're about as stupid as a bag of bricks- they dumb as hell.

Idiots...

Amen to that.

You still need money to do all that. Ammo' cost money, need £1 million to be a CEO.

Yeah, but I never needed modded money. I didn't need to own everything to have fun.

Yeah, but I never needed modded money. I didn't need to own everything to have fun.

Fun is entirely subjective.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Hope R* go for Pacific Standard Glitch too...

Most Pacific Standard Heists are glitched these days. And a LOT of people have participated in them. So you legit want Rockstar to wipe a huge portion of the playerbase bank accounts clean? How would they even go about doing that because the ones inducing the glitch aren't making a hot red cent.

And why do you want that anyway? Has it affected you? Do you see it more important than actually FIXING the game? Making money in this game is a tedious nightmare and ain't even worth it if you put off studying or free time to grind hours. For a virtual game? If they wipe Pacific participant's accounts clean I'm putting the game on the shelf.

Edited by Scaglietti
  • Like 5

lll-H-I-M-lll

jet griefing costs nothing one trip to the fort and you have a lazer

• Like 3

For what I thought would be a dull Tuesday, is turning out pretty good. GO R*! 👍 *is doing the running man, as he types* 😆

Explain how removing their cash affects any of us.

You realise that wiping a bank account is not the same as disabling mod menu's, right?

But you'll never know whether someone has a modded account or not, unless the player is stupid enough to be level 8000(or a high K/D). In other words, it only affects you if you want to believe that every griefer is someone with a modded account.

Smooth Longsack

My modded account got a money wipe. Lol xb1.

• Like 2

I wonder why GLITCHED money wasn't taken away? I would be in the sh*t if that was the case lol

Some claim that Rockstar has an attitude of "we inadvertently allowed for glitches by not coding the game properly, so we'll tolerate some of that".

Modded or glitched, people have a lot of money they wouldn't have had playing legitimately either way. If the mod menu's aren't blocked somehow, they'll just get it back? What they should be doing is making sure modders can't mess with other players. The money is meaningless as any glitcher can get a lot and buy whatever they want as well.

• Like 1

Gnocchi Flip Flops

No it doesn't. And considering I'm a passive driver it doesn't affect me one bit. Griefers are funny anyway, they can't drive for sh*t even in their million dollar hyper cars and they sure as hell can't aim with their stupid jets.

Want to know what would affect me? Fixing the garage glitch. Bringing "stance" back even though I don't use it but it's a removal of a coveted feature nonetheless.

Edited by Scaglietti

SniperPrincess

Good. If you had modded money and didn't use it, that's your fault bro.

I remember 2-ish years ago a modder gave me like 15 mil and I only spent like 4 or 5 mil because I was a somewhat low rank at the time so couldn't get a whole lot, so I was saving it. A few months after I switched to PS4 it was swiped. I should've at least bought up a sh*t ton of cars with the money so I could sell them. I regret that.

I wonder why GLITCHED money wasn't taken away? I would be in the sh*t if that was the case lol

Because glitched money as far as the game sees it, is legit money.

• Like 4