Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,318 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

rudy03

Increasing damage for SA vehicles?

rudy03

Hey guys,

Was trying to make a cool YouTube video on San Andreas, but thought a more realistic car damage system would do me good....Now, I am indeed aware that a damage system as good as the HD era cant be done in San andreas, but all I was asking for was more parts to damage, like remember in GTA 3 and I guess VC too, we had this feature of damaging the sides of the bonnets on cars, but god knows why we don't have it on SA, so I wanted somebody to spot a mod for me that's gonna allow more damageable parts for SA cars.......

Thank You so much everybody,

RUDY03

P.S. I have no modelling skills or anything, I'm just 16, so....But all I like is to make mod showcasing videos for YouTube.....Help me?

Edited by rudy03

Davve95

Yeah, I agree it would be nice. In some car mods more parts can fall of.

And also in GTA Underground the side panels of the vehicle at the front can fall of. Like in 3 & VC.

So I guess at least some is possible.

Edited by Davve95

rudy03

So anybody got anything to suggest? Mods I mean.....

Mysterdogg

Hey guys,

Was trying to make a cool YouTube video on San Andreas, but thought a more realistic car damage system would do me good....Now, I am indeed aware that a damage system as good as the HD era cant be done in San andreas, but all I was asking for was more parts to damage, like remember in GTA 3 and I guess VC too, we had this feature of damaging the sides of the bonnets on cars, but god knows why we don't have it on SA, so I wanted somebody to spot a mod for me that's gonna allow more damageable parts for SA cars.......

Thank You so much everybody,

RUDY03

P.S. I have no modelling skills or anything, I'm just 16, so....But all I like is to make mod showcasing videos for YouTube.....Help me?

In GTA SA the available damageable parts in vehicles such as cars are a lot but unfortunately, the game developers didn't configurate those vehicles with all the previous features; some modifications take advantage of this forgotten features and add more damageable parts to their cars.
Here is a list of all the damageable parts I (actually remember) know, and the theoretically existing ones:
-bump_front_dummy
-bump_rear_dummy
-boot_dummy
-bonnet_dummy
-wing_rf_dummy
-wing_lf_dummy
-wing_rm_dummy (theoretically exists)
-wing_lm_dummy (theoretically exists)
-wing_rr_dummy (theoretically exists)
-wing_lr_dummy (theoretically exists)
-door_rf_dummy
-door_lf_dummy
-door_rr_dummy
-door_lr_dummy
-door_rm_dummy (theoretically exists)
-door_rm_dummy (theoretically exists)
-windscreen_dummy
in all those dummies, the "f" means "front", the "m" means "medium" and the "r" means "rear"; but some dummies says "lr" or "rf", in those cases, "lr" means "left rear" and "rf" means "right front", so, the first indicator it's for the X axis and the second indicatior it's for the Y axis.
*note* I said "theoretically" because I've never seen any vehicle with those components and I've never made a vehicle with those parts but the logic says they are real.
In some vehicles like vans for example, some parts like side doors are named "misc"; those kind of parts are only available in specific car models, a couple of models in the game has this "misc" parts like the Firetruck, the Swatvan, the Rhino Tank, the BF Injection, etc. and in all those cases are moving components that interact with the game.

rudy03

Thats great observation, but, coming back to the point, does anybody know how to enable it all for the whole thing at once, or is it not possible with the default game, and we must make individual models for every car then?

Anyways, thank you Mysterdogg for sorting this stuff out for me.....but I guess I gotta wait before someone really comes up with a solution.....

Mysterdogg

Thats great observation, but, coming back to the point, does anybody know how to enable it all for the whole thing at once, or is it not possible with the default game, and we must make individual models for every car then?

Anyways, thank you Mysterdogg for sorting this stuff out for me.....but I guess I gotta wait before someone really comes up with a solution.....

Hello Rudy03, I've already gave you the answer to your question, but you have to deduce it; anyways, here I have two external links with pictures to explain you this (I didn't post them here because are HD pictures):

Original Damageable Parts in most of cars - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bww979qyIEQHZmw1NHEtdHhYckE

Added Damageable Parts in a custom car - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bww979qyIEQHRlNOTWx1QjFHUzQ

Answering the part when you asked how to enable it all for the whole thing at once, or is it not possible with the default game, and we must make individual models for every car then? the answer is yes, you have and must adapt every vehicle model with those damageable temporary parts, there is now an exisiting modification that could add automatically those parts; well, exists a modification that can do that but it was too unstable to keep working on it.

I made a modification called "damaged parts disabler", is simple script that disables the damageable parts of every car you drive, the car still suffers damage but the temporary parts are not visible, the model always looks as new. Check my post in my blog:

Damaged Parts Disabler - http://mysterdogg.blogspot.com/2016/08/msyteryrelsa-damaged-parts-disabler-v12.html

I know some ways to make those damageable parts harder to appear, and one of those is via editing the collision sub-file inside the vehicle model; every vehicle model has a collision file to interact with the game, is represented with circles and a low-poly model, if you change the possition of those circles, you can "manage" when that vehicle will have damaged parts in-game.

Edited by Mysterdogg

Automan

III & VC uses the very front wing for side damage, but have been little used to SA.

They are back rather in IV & V. :)

Davve95

Mysterdogg @ What was the project named? Any link or so?I meant that one you said was unstable.

a bad day

is this video connected? these guys started a project that makes car damage physics like in gta 4.

Mysterdogg

is this video connected? these guys started a project that makes car damage physics like in gta 4.

Sorry but no, that's for MTA, not GTA SA.

Davve95

Yeah sadly!

a bad day

Sorry but no, that's for MTA, not GTA SA.

yeah, that's bad. forgot to mention it was for mta not sp