1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Ceo Vs Mc

Robbie498

Hey guys. There might already be a thread on this and I missed it, if so my bad. Here is what Im wondering. I've been playing since the release of GTAV and all that good stuff. I haven't done any of the vip,ceo or mc work as of yet. So What Im wondering for someone like me what is better to get into. At the moment I have the money to get into either one ceo or mc but not sure when I will have this much money again. I have a group of friends I can get on with sometimes but a lot of times it is either me solo or one other person. Usually playing for a couple hours a night. So which on can I get the most money or bang for my buck by investing in. Pros and cons of doing one or the other and what the perks are of being a ceo or mc. Or should I just use my money for other things or save it and see whats to come. Figured I would get some opinions of those who have done it before me.

Edited by Robbie498

It's harder to sell stuff in MC as you need more players but supply runs are pretty fun solo/with friends. Can earn upto 40k doing club contracts if with more people. More profitable tbh

CEO: Perks of spawning buzzard, ghost org

Cons of ceo: much more time consuming than MC

CaliMeatWagon

I would go CEO first. The buy-in is a lot cheaper (Maze Bank West is $1M + ~$300K for a small warehouse) and at first you don't need to buy any warehouses. You can make good money and have fun just of the CEO/VIP work and challenges. And make sure you buy an office. It's a lot better than being a VIP on it's own.

As for the MC stuff. It is worth it as it makes a lot of money in the background, but it is really expensive to get into. So I would wait until you have a reliable source of income first. And the CEO stuff provides that.

Edited by CaliMeatWagon

You stand to lose more money when failing to acquire special crates as CEO or selling the contents of your warehouses.

Interestingly enough, while you definitely need to have back-up for sell missions for either your MC or organisation, MC supply runs can be done solo as (so far in my experience at least) the system adjusts the amount of packages/vehicles to the amount of players in your MC.

You're alone? One package or vehicle only. Not to mention that you can steal supplies for free whereas you always pay for your new stuff as CEO.

People do say that selling product (MC) is difficult alone due to time constraints. Even if noone is in your session for the entire duration of the mission, the more product you have means you have more vehicles to move around for drop-offs. If you tend to wait until your bar fills out and then decide to sell on your own, you have to be fast. Some people on the forum here recommend selling when the bar is only filled 1/5 or 1.5/5 part of the way to ensure there's only one vehicle. It's not a bad idea either because that way you don't have to wait hours for the next sell mission.

EDIT: Also what Cali said above. I just bought three businesses on one character and upgraded them all, I lost roughly 10 million on that. Don't forget you'll also be paying for the upkeep of said businesses while you're registered as president.

That said, I'm fairly sure that if I sold product from the three of them when they're full - at long range - I should earn over 800k. Repeat that a couple of times and there you go..

Edited by BlackMilk

If you're mostly solo and can afford only one of the two, CEO is definitely the one you should choose first. Here's why:

-CEO offers a multitude of jobs that you can solo, whereas most of the MC missions are multiplayer.

-Cratehunting and selling product is very doable solo for CEO, maybe only need that one friend for safety when doing a sale. But you only make those sales after hours and hours of cratehunting. The MC businesses can be run solo, but for it to be run best you need to have 2 other people in your MC at least when doing sales. And you will need to do sales much more frequently than CEO sales.

-CEO has far lower startup costs.....just buy the cheapest office, Maze Bank West and the cheapest large warehouse.

I'd still suggest getting the MC clubhouse though, as it's just nice to have.

And when you have like 6+ million in the bank, it does pay off in the long run to get a few businesses because they just generate product without really having to do anything for it.

• Like 2

I prefer the MC work. I find CEO work more tedious, I've made 5m from CEO (medium warehouse) and it's a drag to do. After I do a full sell I rarely want to get into filling the warehouse again.

I've already made 4m with MC work and still enjoy it. You can do supply missions solo, selling you might need a friend though. If buying a business for MC work I recommend the coke business as it generates more money.

• Like 1

Shadowfennekin

After doing CEO stuff so many times, I honestly prefer MC. It'd load itself up, just supply it occasionally with a group and it's filled.

It's cheap to get a Clubhouse and just unlock Contracts too. If you want a place in the desert

Thanks for the input. I know alot of people say the peeks that come with being a CEO are worth it alone. Others say the price of fees that come with the MC stuff lose them money faster then they can make it.

Thanks for the input. I know alot of people say the peeks that come with being a CEO are worth it alone. Others say the price of fees that come with the MC stuff lose them money faster then they can make it.

Check out the MC warehouse info thread on numbers. I think you'll pay around 30k for having five fully upgraded businesses.

That's one or two contact missions/heist missions (set-ups, not even finales), VIP work jobs or an MC contract or two.

If you get enough supplies (not always buying them), you simply cannot be losing money on it. Just make sure you're not registered as MC president when you're not doing any kind of MC work. You can let the hours roll by, production keeps going and you won't be paying for it.

But like others have said, you can also consider selling when the product bar is only at 1/5 or 1.2/5 to make sure the sell mission is more manageable for you on your own.

Edited by BlackMilk

I prefer CEO work and VIP work but I haven't became MC yet.

I have helped my friends with their MC stuff and so far I think the selling missions and phone calls are awful at least.

After doing 1200 sells + with ceo i would recomend doing MC sells. Why? Because with "15k for full bar" method you can do whatever u like and money just comes every second day and only thing u need to do is sell it. With Meth and Coke profit is quite good

CEO stuff is technically more profitable.

MC stuff is generally more enjoyable.

Both either Cargo or Product runs are less profitable than just grinding CEO work or doing MC contracts. Both have their little benefits, I'd say a CEO Office is a better package than a Clubhouse. When I get my 2nd character going.

I'll be buying an office (Arcadia), but no warehouses, and no clubhouse.

FYI, you can call in vehicles like the buzzard as an MC. But it's only available to the Road Captain position, not the President or other positions. So if you have someone in your MC, generally make them a Road Captain. Although idk about other position based abilities/benefits.

After doing 1200 sells + with ceo i would recomend doing MC sells. Why? Because with "15k for full bar" method you can do whatever u like and money just comes every second day and only thing u need to do is sell it. With Meth and Coke profit is quite good

Difference is that you are online constantly, whereas OP only plays an hour a day. Also the startup costs for having just two businesses is 6M, and starting up CEO only costs you a fourth of that.

CEO all the way, unless you have a lot of friends to play with. Running a MC is near impossible solo, ideal to have 6-8. Plus as a CEO you get a huge range of abilities such as ghost organisation and the ability to instantly spawn a range of vehicles. You also get huge RP boost when you grind crates. CEO business is much cheaper and easier set up and run.

The only thing you miss out on is the clubhouse and 10 vehicle slots,

• Like 1

Everyone keeps saying MC work isn't to be done solo but that's what I've been doing. You just gotta sell before your amount of product gets too high.

I got one of the cheapest clubhouses with no upgrades and the cheapest coke lockup with no upgrades. I only steal supplies. Sell with a value of $60k or $80k and pick the farther option for the bonus. I do this in a lobby with a couple friends doin stuff of their own and get extra $ that way.

Edited by Fox2Quick
  • Like 1

CaliMeatWagon

Both either Cargo or Product runs are less profitable than just grinding CEO work or doing MC contracts. Both have their little benefits, I'd say a CEO Office is a better package than a Clubhouse. When I get my 2nd character going.

FYI, you can call in vehicles like the buzzard as an MC. But it's only available to the Road Captain position, not the President or other positions. So if you have someone in your MC, generally make them a Road Captain. Although idk about other position based abilities/benefits.

How do you figure that Crates/Product is less profitable than CEO/MC Work?

AndrewTfromNZ

I had to shut down down all my MC businesses just to stop LJT calling. It is a pain that the call is automatically answered. It has gotten me killed many times.

• Like 1

How do you figure that Crates/Product is less profitable than CEO/MC Work?

He's just guessing and totally off on that part. Running crates in CEO and selling full large warehouses + MC buying supplies and selling at max with 2 or 3 players is by far the most profitable in non-glitch/cheat/mod way.

• Like 1

Playing solo I personally find it heaps easier filling 3 MC businesses rather than one medium wharehouse, just resupply each, sell, do it again with no overhead cost. Yesterday I made 2mil just tooling about with it, but selling full stock can be a real press for time.

Getting 3 dump trucks down to LS, dropping off stock than going back to blain county takes the full 30min timer

Ceo crates where you buy crates and than have to steal them. R* logic. mix the businesses and the crates together would be better. Like buy or steal supplies to begin with. You have the businesses to make the product and have the warehouses to store the product. Sell from the warehouses either in the ocean, by air, or in a vehicle. Missed opportunity for a better system.

Sounds like a lot of it is preference too. If you want to have to stay busy grinding and working at it CEO and more laid back and free time for the MC. One of the reasons I hadn't really done any of them yet is i didn't know how much it would take away from getting to good off and have fun free roaming.

If you want to have better profit with less cost - CEO

If you want to have the upper hand at PvP - CEO

If you don't want to be bored to death and have passive income generate while you have your own fun - MC

• Like 2

CaliMeatWagon

Ceo crates where you buy crates and than have to steal them. R* logic. mix the businesses and the crates together would be better. Like buy or steal supplies to begin with. You have the businesses to make the product and have the warehouses to store the product. Sell from the warehouses either in the ocean, by air, or in a vehicle. Missed opportunity for a better system.

This is where I think your failing at understanding what's happening in the game. When you buy the CEO Crates, any number of things can happen. You can pick them up without issue, cops can try a sting, other gangs can rob you. It's not that you're "stealing crates you purchased", it's "not every sale goes through smoothly". And honestly, how boring would the game be if they did?

Sounds like a lot of it is preference too. If you want to have to stay busy grinding and working at it CEO and more laid back and free time for the MC. One of the reasons I hadn't really done any of them yet is i didn't know how much it would take away from getting to good off and have fun free roaming.

Honestly, the best thing to do would be to combine them both.

Now the CEO option has a much cheaper by in, but like you stated, can be a lot of work. ($1,250,000)

The MC option is easier/slower work, but a lot more expensive to buy into. And it doesn't truly become a great profit until you've already invested ~$10M+.

So that's why I suggest start with CEO work, buy an Office, buy a Buzzard, run Headhunter/Sightseer, buy warehouses, then once you have steady income and the cash built up, then go buy a Clubhouse and business. Start with Coke, Weed, Counterfeiting, then Meth.

You can make ~$250K an hour doing nothing but maintaining supplies. You could throw in CEO work which can make an additional ~$176K an hour from Headhunter/Sightseer. Or you could run crates with one warehouse, CEO work thrown in, or with 2 warehouses and make anywhere between ~$90K-390K an hour on top of the $250K from the MC businesses.

Edited by CaliMeatWagon
  • Like 1

When I want to repeatedly grief with my Buzzard, I choose CEO.

When I want to have quick access to my bike garage, I choose MC.

I stopped doing CEO crate jobs after I lost nearly half my 111 crates to an NPC raid.
And the MC jobs don't interest me enough right now.

So, with that said, I'm just switching between both faster than they change sheets at the Vinewood Plaza Hotel.

VinewoodPlazaHotel-GTAV.png

• Like 1

TigOleBitties

I only use CEO when I want a buzzard.

I made like 5 mil doing CEO missions since it came out, and 6 mil doing biker missions in a week.. to put in perspective how much easier biker missions with a few loyal players are to make money. (Granted, I'm a rank 300+ so people actually join my MC without having to spam too many invites)

I just hate how it charges me $21,000 a day for having 4 businesses (shut down the document forgery because it glitched and wouldn't process goods)

If you already own vehicles available through the CEO menu (especially a Buzzard), you can call stuff in anywhere nearby and ensure you rarely ever are stranded. Also, this utility helps for when you just want to get A to B quickly.

I personally only sporadically do crates, and so I would honestly consider skipping a warehouse if I did it again. I believe the real use of CEO is the above and being able to just do quick Headhunter or Hostile Takeover missions basically whenever you want to to easily make some decent money in between doing other things.

i'd actually like to see a poll doll about this, what people prefer, mc or ceo!

i do ceo work as a main cause mostly i play solo and mc work as a side dish hihihi, variety is what it does for me and makes the game truly sparkly. doing always the same isn't so fluffy. the more options the better letter i'm a little under the weather ui ui ui!

so i'd start with ceo and then get into mc work. and when you do, open just one or two businesses i'd suggest, for your chest it will be the best, otherwise you won't get any rest hihihi.

• Like 3

I prefer MC.

I like the idea of the CEO stuff but it's let down by the CEO doing all the work. You're a glorified courier with blingy props and costumes. If you were a real CEO you'd have other people doing your dirty work, or at least be able to delegate tasks to subordinates.

You're still a courier in MC missions but with that context it feels more natural - it's a more 'hands on' criminal organization, plus the clothing, locations and crew participation lend themselves well to this kind of gameplay. Driving in formation allows people to keep playing too, rather than 'everyone get to the van/limo/choppah' and twiddling their thumbs while one player drives the rest to their destination.

One major gripe I have with both is this, though: I do not want bags or stacks of money and drugs piling up over my office/club! :angry: FFS R*, At least give us an option to hide it!