3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

XgenDaNcEs

Red Dead Redemption 2 GRAPHICS

Matrelith

Honestly I think it looks amazing. Better faces, better facial animations, the environments look amazing, great use of lighting, etc. Pretty much everything is improved if you ask me.

otachi

Honestly I think it looks amazing. Better faces, better facial animations, the environments look amazing, great use of lighting, etc. Pretty much everything is improved if you ask me.

I agree on these things,but my points up still stands.

Choteron

The game looks amazing. Also remember that you cant expect amazing textures in a a massive open world for a console game.

Edited by Choteron

otachi

Weird, I thought it received a significant upgrade. I mean some things are low-res, but that's to be expected in a large open-world game like this.

Also I'm willing to bet it's going to end up a lot more polished at release.

Watch the first trailer again,and see the screeshots.

Jabalous

I don't see a downgrade from the first teaser, and if anything, I actually find the lighting, among other things, improved. It's just what I expect from a new-gen R* game and that's enough for me. I'm not the type who goes out nitpicking every little low-res texture, and with all respect to those who do. I see how consistent the whole picture is, and from what I've seen, no other game does justice to vistas and wilderness as the trailer, including Sony's Horizon.

Edited by Efreet

Dee.

Am i the only one who is noticing a significant downgrade?

It also has a cartoony look,and weird dithering throughout the trailer as if they faked anti aliasing,and some extremely bad textures especially at the scene where he kick the sleeping guy

And horse animation looks weak,with the sh*t fake DOP

Some things are better than Gta v,but gta v actually is more polished and consistent. (next gen version)

Pls don't bash me.

nope. you're blind. The graphics are great and Id rather have great graphics and physics and ai and effects than amazing graphics with gimped everything else. people have to quit acting so entitled. imagine how much depth the game will have, the amount of features and interiors and how good the ai will be?

Edited by Dee.

Rafae

We must be seeing different trailers

Tampinha85

I agree with the low texture thing in the 1st scene of the trailer, but still... amazing graphics overall IMHO.

SmokesWithCigs

the game isn't even released yet calm down.

Nutduster

I think it looks great, and we're still 8 months or whatever from the earliest possible release date for it. Fretting about this seems like a waste of time - I fully expect it to be a significant improvement over GTA V current gen, and GTA V current gen already looks pretty damn good.

Lock n' Stock

Nope, everything looks on par for R* imo.

wagszilla

The game looks good.

It doesn't look as impressive as the first trailer but good.

The tree lines and greenery look less dense, the particle effects are decreased, and I'm seeing no environmental effects outside of fog.

But still nice volumetric lighting, volumetric clouds, and high poly count character models.

The game will solidify near the end of development so we'll see how far they're able to push it.

I'll be playing on PS4 Pro so let's hope there's at least improved AA and EFX there.

Chamberpotcleanerman20

All Rockstar needs to do is fix the character models and animations and the game will look perfect. Other than RDR 2 looks like a masterpiece.

otachi

I'm confused,what happened to my thread?

Rafae

^ It got merged into this because the topic is too similar to warrant two different threads.

Chamberpotcleanerman20

I'm confused,what happened to my thread?

Red Dead Redemption 2 Graphics.

Spider-Vice

^ It got merged into this because the topic is too similar to warrant two different threads.

Correct.

Also, I wonder what's wrong with the character animations? They're the best they've ever done, everyone had the same expressions in GTA V, definitely limited by it being a last gen game.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Rafae

The facial animations got so ramped up in the next gen versions of GTAV it was hard to believe how we settled for the PS3/360 versions.

RDR2 looks damn near photorealistic. Ironic how they never wanted to be too realistic with their games but the current gen tech is so juiced up and powerful it's amazing.

StJimmy

It also has a cartoony look,and weird dithering throughout the trailer as if they faked anti aliasing,and some extremely bad textures especially at the scene where he kick the sleeping guy

Some things are better than Gta v,but gta v actually is more polished and consistent. (next gen version)

Pls don't bash me.

I mean the game is not done yet. GTA V next gen was an upgraded game that was already complete. Give it time.

There was a good example pre GTA V release of a building from Michael's trailer to the gameplay trailer, and how more details were added. Rockstar will be polishing up till the game goes gold, and even after

oCrapaCreeper

volumetric clouds

While the clouds look a lot better than GTAV, I still think they're 2D in a skybox.

GTA 5 did do this thing where it would put a 2D band of clouds surrounding the map that follows the player and can appear in front of things like mountains and buildings, but it was very rudimentary and the illusion broke when you drove or flew fast and saw the band pass through mountains.

NxllsP8.png

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

It does seem downgraded, it is a bit cartoony now ? As some people said and as wagszilla said, the smoke and trails effect look decreased, I thought the lighting on the vegetations especially was really well handled in the first trailer, here it look weird, seem off to me.

And the grass looked way better imo along others textures.

The 2nd trailer was probably recorded on consoles as opposed on a i7 and 900$ card for the first.

Remember the 2011 trailer of GTA 5 ?

The game still look nice obviously.

I mean, check out the first trailer again.

This, was impressive (it always is to me)

Edited by anthony

ThroatSlasher2

I think the models and lighting are definitely upgraded from GTA V but some textures really need some boosting before release.

Yeah definitely, globally it look weak imo as compared to others latest games, so yep they need to tweak, improve all this.

Hopefully this is gonna become better and better as the release will approach and, not the other way around *cough*GTA5*cough*

Edited by anthony

Johnson Johnson

Too bad that witch has a very sh*t gameplay and a fairy tales story

InfiniteTias

Pls don't bash me.

Like I said in another thread. Get your eyes checked. Acting like GTA V from 2014 (PS4 version) is prettier than this is insane. The second trailer even looks better than the first one.

Also this was recorded on a regular PS4. I bet you Pro and XboneX will be even prettier.

Hold on a sec; he never said that GTA 5 NG was prettier than this; he said "more polished and consistent" which is normal and make sense, GTA 5 is a finish game, RDR2 is not.

So to me, I think it's pointless to say that yes, because RDR2 is still early in dev'.

But anyway, relax; maybe RDR2 will fail yes or maybe it will crush GTA 4 & RDR combined. As I saw on other threads, some people seem to be so obsessed and fan boy since the new trailer, holy sh*t, I know it can be exciting but chill.

No need to throw sh*t like "get your eyes checked" or whatever.

Edited by anthony

Rockstar Vienna

...because RDR2 is still early in dev'.

Lol, let's hope not! :lol:

I thought so when I saw the trailer but I can be wrong tho.

FlatFX

All Rockstar needs to do is fix the character models and animations and the game will look perfect. Other than RDR 2 looks like a masterpiece.

the only trailer where I saw better facial animations was the COD WW2 recently released.

Game looks amazing. It is an open world running on current gen. What do you expect all of a sudden from Rockstar? That they push the current gen to fotorealistic graphics with 4k textures everywhere? ITS NOT WORKING unless you want to play with 5 frames per second

Problem is people complaining about low textures on stupid things and animations because the pause the trailer frame by frame.

You should all take some pills and calm down.

otachi

@Anthony thank you Anthony,finally someone understand,and good point to the clouds too and the lightening on the grass,wtf happened to them too?........But wasn't the first trailer recorded in PS4?

@InfiniteTias i never said that,in fact i said some things are better than V.