2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Shane_Dbns

Undead Nightmare 2

PhillBellic

How many 'Title Deeds(Cash Cards)' would Undead Nightmare 2 sell?

I'm dreading that we are in Post-R*-SP World now. :/

Dream-_-Traveler

I think COD ruined rockstars chances with this ever being huge.

I always envisioned rockstar to be the company to create the best immersive zombie experience. Unfortunately though everybody that Ive mentioned undead nightmare to always says something along the lines of...

"Dur dur dur call ov dooty did that ALREADY"

Yes I know and they f*cking sucked at it.

Just because COD milked the sh*t outta zombz and ruined it for other devs doesn't mean that the zombie craze is over.

BUT that's how the general audience sees it from what I can gather from my perspective. I think R* had a genius concept but a little too late.

Thanks COD kiddies.

OP , I hope there is a UNDEAD NIGHTMARE2 because rockstar does it RIGHT.

hypersonicSEVN

Space Nightmare

*aliens istnead of zombies*

This was actually what I was going to say. Why do another zombie dlc? They did great the first time around, but they already covered most of the bases.

I think alien dlc would be super fun. Maybe it could be a body snatchers kind of situation.

LegacyKillaHD

Space Nightmare

*aliens istnead of zombies*

This was actually what I was going to say. Why do another zombie dlc? They did great the first time around, but they already covered most of the bases.

I think alien dlc would be super fun. Maybe it could be a body snatchers kind of situation.

Made a video on this awhile ago, really think Aliens could be the main "enemy" and here's what I imagine

hypersonicSEVN

Now that I've heard of the show West World, I'm thinking (apparently) time traveling robots.

DERGaming

That is like saying in GTA V there will be GTA TLAD 2 and TBoGT 2

Vice Beach

Yeah, but not zombies please.

LegacyKillaHD

That is like saying in GTA V there will be GTA TLAD 2 and TBoGT 2

or Red Dead Redemption having a prequel called Red Dead Redemption 2....oh wait. Doesn't mean it'll be called Undead Nightmare 2 could be "Martian Warfare" or something along those lines, I'd be surprised if we don't get a new supernatural story DLC based on the success the first one had

Edited by LegacyKillaHD

Jon Jon

Cowboys and Aliens style DLC would be great!

wapster

Undead Nightmare was awesome, but I think I'd prefer something a bit more grounded this time. In saying that for the sake of something as obscure on the level of Undead Nightmare I think a DLC that pays homage to Westworld would be cool.

The whole frontier gets replaced by android cowboys.

Maybe it could even be a really meta experience- the main character discovers that himself and the majority of the population are androids, and the reason the game map is inescapable and surrounded by mountains/invisible walls is that it's a giant park like in the show. Perhaps the main villain could be a 'guest' who tries to take control of the androids for some nefarious reason, with hacked androids taking the place of the zombies as a threat.

MostWantedMVP

We need Undead Nightmare 2, no online bullsh*t just a straight up story DLC spinoff with Arthur Morgan.

Hunter S. Compton

We need Undead Nightmare 2, no online bullsh*t just a straight up story DLC spinoff with Arthur Morgan.

The key is, see, make sure nobody plays RDR Online.

Let's all conspire to abuse the hell out of everyone constantly, we'll hire one of these russian troll farms I keep hearing about to grief and bother everyone, and we kill the playerbase see

D T

Undead Nightmare 2 is sure as sh*t happening. If the Benz hadn't been fired, GTA V would've gotten the Undead Nightmare treatment too.

Looking forward to it.

Edited by D T

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Would love a UDN2, but yea zombies are played out kinda, just because Devs haven't tried anything creative or compelling with them really. But I would like to see something with Vampires or Werewolves. Aliens would be dope too, the ones from GTAV and their origins to earth story? Could that even happen?

Piggsy pls

I'd like to see dinosaurs honestly, lol.

KWF1981

I do agree that UN was a great DLC, but equally, with TV/movies flooding the market, and games too... Not for me.

Femme Fatale

How about vampires instead of zombies?

PapasHota

Would be better a side story about Landon Ricketts in his days

Dr.Rosenthal

I loved Undead Nightmare. I don't think it's too far fetched to think there'll be some zombie-oriented content to RDR2. After all, aliens have been a part of GTA San Andreas, and they're still there to some extent. Part of the canon. Although I agree with some that it might not be a paid single player DLC this time around as they haven't done that at all for GTAV/GTAO.

What I'm hoping is that R* will change the way they release content so that, for example, there'll be a zombie invasion/apocalypse story update to RDR Online around Halloween 2018. Kind of like the snow + doomsday heist we're experiencing right now in GTAO, like a global event type of thing. More of that would be cool.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

deathdealer

I don't think it will happen. look at gta V and all of it's great single player dlc....

Spitta_Vercetti

I definitely think there will be an Undead Nightmare type DLC for Online , kinda like the Festive surprise on GTA Online , just like the snow , there will probably be zombies roaming the map for a few days which would be cool imo....

Heidi McCourt

As much as I'd love to see another Undead Nightmare DLC, or any single player DLC for that matter, I don't think they'll be releasing any single player DLC due to their focus on Online.

I hope I'm wrong, but this seems to be R*'s bold new direction.

Most people don't realize that R* can't only focus on online for rdr2... Why? because rdr2 is set around the late 1800s to the early 1900's making it extremely hard for R* to keep pushing out DLC and new items for an era that didn't have as much as we have today. For example GTA online can continue dlc because GTA online is set in present/future making technology limitless and we could literally create anything in GTA online without it not making any sense. Now how will R* make there money you may ask is by making single player DLC when online gets dry. They will profit off of that DLC by creating hype around the DLC so more people can buy the game just to play a DLC or they will make you pay for the DLC, and if your going to say something along the lines of them making flying horses for a DLC or something inaccurate for its timeline, then you should hear when rockstar specifically said that RDR2 was going to be historically accurate for its time. Also R* couldn't create DLC for GTA V because they were in development hell when creating RDR2 in its beginning stages, making it much more difficult to focus on an elaborate story DLC for GTAV and creating RDR2 at the same time. so R* just pushed out small DLC for GTA online every two months or so to make some money, and I'm sure most of that money went into RDR2

Edited by Heidi McCourt

Heidi McCourt

Since GTA still hasn't got their single player DLC it seems unlikely Red Dead will get one. Online content looks like it's really taken development priority.

Cant happen (look at my post on top of this one).

Edited by Heidi McCourt

Dr.Rosenthal

Since GTA still hasn't got their single player DLC it seems unlikely Red Dead will get one. Online content looks like it's really taken development priority.

You seem very sure of what you’re saying. Any references to R* being in ”developmental hell” during the early days of GTA Online? I’ve never heard that..

Also, while it’s true that we today have more advanced technology to monetize on in Online, there are other ways to make us want to buy stuff in-game. No super cars or flying bikes, sure, but there might be properties with customization, guns, clothes and horses with customization. Maybe a dock and customizable boats.. Point is, just because it’s set in the late 1800’s that’s no reason to think it’ll be void of purchasable stuff.

Heidi McCourt

You seem very sure of what you’re saying. Any references to R* being in ”developmental hell” during the early days of GTA Online? I’ve never heard that..

Also, while it’s true that we today have more advanced technology to monetize on in Online, there are other ways to make us want to buy stuff in-game. No super cars or flying bikes, sure, but there might be properties with customization, guns, clothes and horses with customization. Maybe a dock and customizable boats.. Point is, just because it’s set in the late 1800’s that’s no reason to think it’ll be void of purchasable stuff.

Its not 100% confirmed by R* themselves but an insider leaked it while leaking Arthur Morgan's full name, the game being a prequel, and it involving dutches gang running from the law. His reddit account has since been taken down but he had posted this info 2 years from the first trailer posted in October of 2016... Again not 100% confirmed so don't take that point so seriously, but if someone spoils the plot of the game 2 years before even being announced I'm sure he's telling some truth. You say that RDR2 can have all these customizations but do you really think R* can hold out on Online for as long as GTA online has or even half of what GTA online has had. Now I think you're getting the wrong idea i don't mean that R* won't make DLC for RDR online, In fact I think R* will try to focus on online when ever they can. I'm just saying that RDR online won't hold up as long as GTA online ever has due to its timeframe, resulting in them having to throw a few single player DLC here and there to keep the game alive.

Spitta_Vercetti

What makes u sure that the chick in your profile pic is Heidi McCourt?? Lol

J.Dillinger Blackheart

I have no doubt RDR2 will have DLC in some way shape or form, people swear just because R* thought it would be unnecessary with GTAO. Its like people didn't even read everything he had to say. People just love to be pessimistic about everything. They aren't going to monetize RDO the same way as GTAO.

Heidi McCourt

What makes u sure that the chick in your profile pic is Heidi McCourt?? Lol

Lol im glad you asked, so if you played red dead redemption you would know about the strange man. I believe he has a total of 3 missions but in one of those missions the strange man ask john if he remembered Heidi mcCourt and describes her death saying dutch shot her in the head on the same fairy John was shot on and left for dead, John went silent and look at the man weird, then John sarcastically says not really. The strange man then says " you forgot far more important people than me" inferring that John has forgotten very important people throughout his life. It would make sense for this character to be Heidi McCourt because the strange man said that she was important to John and I'm sure a random NPC probably wouldn't be that important to a criminal. Even if the blond woman in the 2nd RDR2 trailer isn't her it would still make sense and fit right in with the first game for this woman to be Heidi McCourt, saying that she's a women that is obviously involved in the gang that John was in making her important to John in some way.

Edited by Heidi McCourt

Spitta_Vercetti

Yeah u make a good point

Sleepwalking

I guess RDR2 will have a good story/single player mode & and get SP DLC's, because i don't think its multiplayer mod will be charming as GTA Online.

To increase attraction of players, i think it will be packed with good single player content.

Edited by Sleepwalking