2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

slohbur

Weapons & Items - Discussion Thread

slohbur

I think this game might have gun customization - unless the gun engravings are a preorder bonus, like the gold guns from RDR - if you look at the Schofield Revolver it has bone grips in one pic and wood grips in another.

Da1LjaZ.png
VcD6wJH.pngbcjk9hj.png

tsycho

Maybe in RDR II we will be able to change individual parts of our outfit like in GTA V. In the trailer Morgan always has the same blue shirt, but sometimes he wears his jacket, sometimes a coat and sometimes just his blue shirt. It could be a hint... Don't know.

e.jpgef.jpgth.jpg

Edit: Morgan is always wearing his neckerchief differently, depending on the outfit: with the jacket he carries it open and in his shirt, with the coat he takes it as a mask or so that it can be used as such and without any jacket it has a knot. I don't know what to do with that info, but i just noticed that ;D

Edited by tsycho89

tsycho

grg.jpg

kragjorgensen.jpg

Could be, but i'm not 100% sure.

Hunter S. Compton

-snip-

Could be, but i'm not 100% sure.

If you're right I'm pretty sure this is the same bolt action rifle from the first Red Dead as well

Edited by Spider-Vice
edited big pictures, no need to quote post right above

~INDIO~

Why doesn't he have ammo on his belt?

Remember in the first one how anything below like 30 revolver rounds and you'd start to see the loops on John's belt empty? Very cool touch

slohbur

Why doesn't he have ammo on his belt?

Remember in the first one how anything below like 30 revolver rounds and you'd start to see the loops on John's belt empty? Very cool touch

Very cool indeed, I never noticed this. 7 years since it launched and I'm still learning new stuff about this masterpiece. Really shows R* attention to detail.

tsycho

Did a little update for this thread...:

rdr2weapons1.jpg

rdr2weapons2.jpg

rdr2weapons3.jpg

rdr2weapons4.jpg

Jesse102999

Maybe in RDR II we will be able to change individual parts of our outfit like in GTA V. In the trailer Morgan always has the same blue shirt, but sometimes he wears his jacket, sometimes a coat and sometimes just his blue shirt. It could be a hint... Don't know.

e.jpgef.jpgth.jpg

Edit: Morgan is always wearing his neckerchief differently, depending on the outfit: with the jacket he carries it open and in his shirt, with the coat he takes it as a mask or so that it can be used as such and without any jacket it has a knot. I don't know what to do with that info, but i just noticed that ;D

Well this makes me think theres set outfits like rdr.

Bakamomo

I can not imagine that R* would keep the outfit system and not go for heavy character customization. This is NG. Hell, I want to choose between 25 plus different types of hairdos and beards. And I want to choose which way Morgan wears his neckerchief, the color, the pattern, etcetera (or if he will wear one). Anything else would be disappointing.

slohbur

Having different hairstyles/beards and clothes to choose from individually would be nice, ultra nice; but I don't see the latter being included - considering some outfits had its own perks in RDR1 AND he's wearing the same hat - as was Marston in RDR1 - in most outfits here, they could make a return in the same fashion.

Speaking of outfits - Arthur's Bank Outfit kinda reminds me of this:

800px-Red-dead-redemption-20100122054015

Could be a nod to it, but seems far fetched...

For online, that's another story. There could be a lot of customization present in the game, considering there will be microtransactions.

Edited by slohbur

Bakamomo

Having different hairstyles/beards and clothes to choose from individually would be nice, ultra nice; but I don't see the latter being included - considering some outfits had its own perks in RDR1 AND he's wearing the same hat - as was Marston in RDR1 - in most outfits here, they could make a return in the same fashion.

It would be more or less insane for R* not to include heavy character customization in SP, not least since GTA V had a bunch.

And I do not see how perks could not be tied to some special clothing items rather than whole outfits.

slohbur

It would be more or less insane for R* not to include heavy character customization in SP, not least since GTA V had a bunch.

And I do not see how perks could not be tied to some special clothing items rather than whole outfits.

I hope you're right, I would love to not be limited to certain outfits and combos.

I'm just not seeing it being there. I see more factors that lead to set outfits (i. e. outfit scraps, perks, less change of clipping (collision detection)) than individual clothing.

Also the fact they added more preset outfits to LA Noire recently only reinforces that notion, at least imo.

tsycho

I don't think (and of course i don't HOPE) we will have set outfits. So far we know three outfits from Arthur: The one just with the shirt, the one with jacket and the one with the long coat. It would be really weird if there were set outfits and three of them have the same basics (blue shirt, pants etc.)...

And I hope there will be character customization like hairstyles and beards. In RDR 1, for example, there was a barber shop in Armadillo, but it was closed ("closed" sign on the door). In the second trailer of RDR2, we see a barber shop in the scene where Arthur is thrown to the ground by the bearded guy. I hope, this time we can enter the shop and use its services...

-Captain-

I don't think (and of course i don't HOPE) we will have set outfits. So far we know three outfits from Arthur: The one just with the shirt, the one with jacket and the one with the long coat. It would be really weird if there were set outfits and three of them have the same basics (blue shirt, pants etc.)...

And I hope there will be character customization like hairstyles and beards. In RDR 1, for example, there was a barber shop in Armadillo, but it was closed ("closed" sign on the door). In the second trailer of RDR2, we see a barber shop in the scene where Arthur is thrown to the ground by the bearded guy. I hope, this time we can enter the shop and use its services...

Yeah, looking at the trailer I am almost certain we get layered clothing options. Even if there are three pieces with the same shirt... why pick those for your two minute trailer.

Bakamomo

Has anyone come to any conclusions about the body size of Arthur? In some pictures he seems thinner than in other ones. Is it just the clothes or does he loose body fat?

SeniorDerp

Has anyone come to any conclusions about the body size of Arthur? In some pictures he seems thinner than in other ones. Is it just the clothes or does he loose body fat?

Id guess hes a little on the thicker, muscular side.. I think they used to call it being "healthy as an Ox"

Bakamomo

Id guess hes a little on the thicker, muscular side.. I think they used to call it being "healthy as an Ox"

I would like to be able to make Arthur fat as a sow! :happy:

Edited by Bakamomo

Bakamomo

Jokes aside, I think that some kind of body fat modeling (similar to San Andreas) would not be that unlikely as R* probably wants to take Online character customization to the next level anyway.

SeniorDerp

Pulled from General Chat

Dt49tJh.png

It's extremely detailed and belongs to "DDP Arms Co.", a company that doesn't exist in V's world. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a Red Dead model.

EVOLUT7ON

A better in-game shot if you don't mind :)

NKlOoiS.jpg

tsycho

Now we have better pics to compare the ingame weapons to their real life models.

@EVOLUTION: hope you don't mind me using your image :) )

The Double Action Revolver a.k.a. the Colt New Service.

doubleactionrevolver.jpg

slohbur

Ummmh... This doesn't seem very safe haha

YV6edHb.png

Also - gun variants confirmed!?

ZawK3Rd.png

EVOLUT7ON

Ummmh... This doesn't seem very safe haha

YV6edHb.png

Also - gun variants confirmed!?

ZawK3Rd.png

Yes, it is :)

I think it's a play on words.

Or in RDR2 we will have two variants: usual and golden. First one we could buy at the gun store. Second - only by playing GTAO. This Golden Revolver is like Yusuf Amir's paint job but for RDR2.

Edited by EVOLUT7ON

PapasHota

Volcanic Pistolrdr2_pip_3-1024x573.jpg

Edited by PapasHota

Grizzy

This game NEEDS the 1851 Colt Navy.

Cozzi

assuming R* gives a sh*t, do you guys think this put the timeline at or past the latest gun? so 1898?

infectedG636

Golden Dynamite was by far the most ridiculous and hardest task to aquire.

Posted (edited)

Internet Movie Firearms Database is an excellent site for firearms info if interested. It started out as a movie site but is now heavily into games as well. They have already started a RDR2 page, more to come as info is released:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Red_Dead_Redemption_2

Edited by 1898

TheExclusiveMan

I think the best way to solve this is to keep outfit challenges in the game but for each challenge completed you get a piece of the clothing set associated with the challenge (e.g. hunters outfit challenge: killing a bear with a bow 200 meters away grants the hunters hat, skinning 20 boards grants the hunters coat etc.), from there, you can mix and match different pieces of outfits from a wardrobe like in GTA V (wearing the hunters hat alongside Arthurs default outfit for example), as for clothing stores, I can see them being in the game as in RDR1 some outfits required purchasing scrap from tailors, but by having each piece of one particular outfit equipped, Arthur will gain the perks and bonuses of wearing a full set of clothing like the outfit system in RDR1, this way both sides are satisifed!

slohbur
Posted (edited)

Dutch's Signature Revolvers

unknown.png

unknown.png

Cattleman Revolver

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Lasso

unknown.png

Newspapers

unknown.png

Henry Rifle?

unknown.png

Repeater Carbine

unknown.png

Double-Action Revolver?

unknown.png

Sawed-Off Shotgun

unknown.png

unknown.png

Bolt-Action Rifle

unknown.png

Schofield Revolver at the bottom? Not sure what the other one is.

unknown.png

Hunting Knife and Revolver

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Unarmed Arthur with holstered Hunting Knife

unknown.png

Edited by slohbur