Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Kirsty

Animal Spotting

Recommended Posts

Morgan
9 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

still, you reckon dogs will have a role in the game? I'd love to have a trusty woofer alongside my hoofer, especially a good hunting dog or three to help against game. 

This makes hunting even more fun! Imagine a herd on a open field...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

This makes hunting even more fun! Imagine a herd on a open field...

Or bear dogs hounding a grizz; or coon dogs treeing a hoodoo; or a pack of bloodhounds chasing an outlaw.... (sorry, Arthur)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ivarblaauw

I saw Cows, Sheep, Goats (right?) and Dogs. We'll most likely get cats as well, so for domestic animals we are safe and sound.

 

I've always missed some sheep in RDR, although it wasn't very surprising as they weren't common in low grass density areas. Imagine my happiness when I saw them in the trailer. 

 

All this wildlife and cattle just makes the game so much more alive! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
6 hours ago, ivarblaauw said:

I saw Cows, Sheep, Goats (right?) and Dogs. We'll most likely get cats as well, so for domestic animals we are safe and sound.

 

I've always missed some sheep in RDR, although it wasn't very surprising as they weren't common in low grass density areas. Imagine my happiness when I saw them in the trailer. 

 

All this wildlife and cattle just makes the game so much more alive! 

Historically in the Old West, cattlemen were notoriously aggressive against sheepherders in competition over free pastures.  Actually led to a few violent range wars.   If RDR2 is looking for authenticity, we might see that firsthand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ivarblaauw
7 hours ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Historically in the Old West, cattlemen were notoriously aggressive against sheepherders in competition over free pastures.  Actually led to a few violent range wars.   If RDR2 is looking for authenticity, we might see that firsthand. 

I know! I saw quite a few miniseries where they fought over the land, especially since sheep destroy everything. 

 

Would make for exciting sidestories and perhaps we are forced to burn some ranches or pick a side...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Im2akillerfish

I wonder if Buffalo respawn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
5 hours ago, Im2akillerfish said:

I wonder if Buffalo respawn. 

Historically?  No. 

 

I'm sure we won't kill off the last of the species in the game.  But I'd personally like to see Rockstar inflict a little knowledge on players with some references to the buffalo hunters, the mountainous stacks of buff skulls left out on the Plains, the Army's calculated strategy to wipe out the herds to force the Plains tribes into starvation and how it affected their entire culture.    Seriously wish Rockstar would make a real effort to increase the presence of Native Americans in RDR2, period...#DutchesWithWolves in RDR1 was a token nod in that direction, but the notion of Apaches in northern Montana was just....off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fraizer
On 7/24/2018 at 9:10 AM, BretMaverick777 said:

Historically?  No. 

This made me snicker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GunSlinger22

Really hope Wild Turkeys are in the game. They’re quintessential western fauna. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident

Well, moose are confirmed by the new trailer, as well as some colorful lizard yet to be classified (gila monster?). As soon as screenshots start to rain, we can put things together.😉

Edited by Fluffy Sock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flannelmagic1

TkFBDoz.gif

 

I have been following this forum for quite some now, and with the new gameplay trailer I had to create an account here, im so hyped its insane.

Anyway, I can't tell if these are wolves or coyotes, they look too small to be wolves if I have to guess. The wildlife looks ridiculously good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lock n' Stock

The wildlife in this game looks AMAZING. You can tell Rockstar really did their homework in regards to this.

 

omTbb9j.gif

 

This shot really caught my eye. I'm just curious as to what lizard species that is and where it's native to.

 

Oh, and the gators look great as well.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joshua969

Gila monster native to the American southwest.  We can also add moose to the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EVOLUT7ON
32 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

The wildlife in this game looks AMAZING. You can tell Rockstar really did their homework in regards to this.

 

omTbb9j.gif

 

This shot really caught my eye. I'm just curious as to what lizard species that is and where it's native to.

 

Oh, and the gators look great as well.

There is a head of the snake in a skull ") Nice work, R*

As for the top gif, I would say there were wolfs

Edited by EVOLUT7ON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident

That bear and wolves all look like young adults. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BullsonParade

So based on the gameplay trailer, we have spotted plenty already confirmed and un-confirmed wildlife.

Spotter animals in the gameplay trailer part one.

-Elk

- Bear (Brown supposedly)

- What appears to be a armadillo or small creature, seen at the bottom right, 1:36 is the timestamp of the trailer

-Ducks, I could hear their quacks at 1:36 timestamp.

- Gila Monster (because of it's markings) or a lizard seen at the desert scene, timestamp 1:38.

-Also seen at the 1:38 mark, a creature appears inside the bovine skull, I believe to be some type of snake or little creature.

-Chicken

-Cattle

- Horses

-Rabbit

- Deer

-Songbirds, or crows can be seen flying in the trailer.

- Moose

-Alligator

- The eagle or hawk, can be seen 4:52 timestamp, feeding on deer corpse.

-Wolves

- The Red Fox, seen at timestamp 5:19.

- Bats

This is all that we can see in the gameplay trailer 1, but expect more wildlife in the next bit of news or next gameplay trailer.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
8 hours ago, joshua969 said:

Gila monster native to the American southwest.  We can also add moose to the list.

Gila monsters are also native to Mexico.

As is the organ pipe cactus shown in that shot.   (Organ pipe cactus grow only in Mexico, not in the US.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirokunite
On 11/9/2016 at 3:35 AM, Mokrie Dela said:

How common were cats in the old west? Every western seems to have a man with a dog, (likely for ranching purposes) but I've never seen a cat

 

When we're they domesticised? Not as later at 1800s, surely?

Pretty common, and could fetch a high price in California in the early years due to rarity and how hard it was getting cats out there.

 

Also cats confirmed.

43949012091_c3c1e611bb_h.jpg

By the hotel near the horses. It moves a bit in the trailer.

 

Also I wonder if we will see ring-tailed cats. Also known as miner's cats.

ringtail-422x621.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ivarblaauw

Groundhogs are visible in the trailer when arthur is at Valley view. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident

^I don't know if these are groundhogs or squirrels. Definitely a new specie not seen in RDR1. 

 

I was thinking about something: we have dozens of screenshots and 4 trailers, yet we haven't see any cougar (not even a lynx for that matter). I'm starting to be a little worried. They talk so much about the bond you build with your horse, how important is to have a well trained horse, and that things. Cougars were sneaky horse killers in 1. Did they avoid to put cougars in 2 just so people don't bitch about losing their horses? I know they can load a previous savegame, but is still a lost progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BretMaverick777
2 hours ago, Fluffy Sock said:

^I don't know if these are groundhogs or squirrels. Definitely a new specie not seen in RDR1. 

 

I was thinking about something: we have dozens of screenshots and 4 trailers, yet we haven't see any cougar (not even a lynx for that matter). I'm starting to be a little worried. They talk so much about the bond you build with your horse, how important is to have a well trained horse, and that things. Cougars were sneaky horse killers in 1. Did they avoid to put cougars in 2 just so people don't bitch about losing their horses? I know they can load a previous savegame, but is still a lost progress.

Nah....they can't drop a whole species just because it might be too easy to lose your mount.  Hell, even snakes will be even more infuriating than sneaky cougars in that respect....not a chance you'll even see them in the grass then KAPOW, down goes Trigger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flannelmagic1

I would be very surprised (and disappointed for that matter) if cougars were not present in the game. They were in rdr so I really don't see why they would not be in this one, I just think that there are so many animals and things to show in the game that we haven't seen or heard one yet. Hearing their roar is both scary and satisfying as fu*ck.

Edited by Flannelmagic1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boone_Tuva

If I ever need to go into cougar territory, my horse stays behind.

 

CAN'T RISK IT OLE BLUE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightWalker14
21 hours ago, Mirokunite said:

Pretty common, and could fetch a high price in California in the early years due to rarity and how hard it was getting cats out there.

 

Also cats confirmed.

43949012091_c3c1e611bb_h.jpg

By the hotel near the horses. It moves a bit in the trailer.

 

Also I wonder if we will see ring-tailed cats. Also known as miner's cats.

ringtail-422x621.jpg

Are you 100% sure that it's a cat? I find it hard to tell. Do you think that cougars will make a return too? I like felines and would like to see different types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirokunite
1 minute ago, NightWalker14 said:

Are you 100% sure that it's a cat? I find it hard to tell. Do you think that cougars will make a return too? I like felines and would like to see different types.

I'm sure its not an owl. It also moves a bit in the trailer like a cat looking around. Cougars are a given. Es

especially in the mountains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightWalker14

I hope to see black bears too, that would be awesome! I doubt it though, there will probably only be grizzlies like in the first one :/

20 minutes ago, Mirokunite said:

I'm sure its not an owl. It also moves a bit in the trailer like a cat looking around. Cougars are a given. Es

especially in the mountains.

I don't think that an owl would be sitting on the ground like that around a lot of people in broad daylight lol 

Edited by NightWalker14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirokunite
26 minutes ago, NightWalker14 said:

I hope to see black bears too, that would be awesome! I doubt it though, there will probably only be grizzlies like in the first one :/

I don't think that an owl would be sitting on the ground like that around a lot of people in broad daylight lol 

 

Well it's possible I've seen it before. But the owl was sick and dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtCheap

The creature we see at 1:34 is a raccoon (put on 4K to see it more clearly)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirokunite
1 hour ago, DirtCheap said:

The creature we see at 1:34 is a raccoon (put on 4K to see it more clearly)

 

 

Looks more like a American Badger. Note the short tail and lack of stripes.

1200px-Taxidea_taxus_(Point_Reyes,_2007)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA3Rockstar

Yea, badger.

 

At first glance, it looked like an armadillo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.