• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuPz0r

• BretMaverick777

• Chinese Takeout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

Río del Lobo?  

Don’t know how to post a picture here that’s not a link, but lemme say this: I just noticed a wagon on the road in the shot of Arthur the two big rocks from the gameplay trailer. Pretty much confirms that these two are not Horseshoe Overlook, as there are no roads there.

7 minutes ago, silly_nate said:

Special edition preorder quote:

Mexico confirmed for special edition purchases

First time reading that quote. And yeah, Mexico is pretty much confirmed, which is enough for a desert-dominated landscape. As for New Austin, no evidence or a hint so far apart from that leak which mentioned Armadillo and Ridgewood Farm. 

10 hours ago, BretMaverick777 said:

No, I mean even with all the pretty pictures, it was rambling and incoherent.   Thanks anyway tho

Yeah, maybe not Owanjila....IIRC, that section of Big Valley is the heavily forested valley floor anyway.  Owanjila Reservoir, when we see it, will probably be surrounded by deep woods, like the Aurora Basin from RDR1.  

try again with the explain like im five version that there now and relate the answers to the quoted posts its quite simple

59 minutes ago, Nyfyr said:

Don’t know how to post a picture here that’s not a link, but lemme say this: I just noticed a wagon on the road in the shot of Arthur the two big rocks from the gameplay trailer. Pretty much confirms that these two are not Horseshoe Overlook, as there are no roads there.

Oh yeah it deffo not horseshoe overlook. They have been placed just south east of valentine for a little while now

1 hour ago, silly_nate said:

Not to mention the Nuevo Paraiso gunfighter outfit, pre-order. 

And not to put too fine a point on it, but Del Lobo Rock and Rio Del Lobo is actually in New Austin, not Mexico.  

And not to put too fine a fine point on it, but the reddit leak from 2 years ago (which so far is batting 1.000 when it comes to accurate leaks) specifically mentioned Armadillo and Ridgewood Farm returning from New Austin.

Not to drag the will they/won't they argument out, but just observing that both New Austin and Mexico have been mentioned/teased.  So....yeah

• Like 9
Just now, BretMaverick777 said:

Not to mention the Nuevo Paraiso gunfighter outfit, pre-order. 

And not to put too fine a point on it, but Del Lobo Rock and Rio Del Lobo is actually in New Austin, not Mexico.  

And not to put too fine a fine point on it, but the reddit leak from 2 years ago (which so far is batting 1.000 when it comes to accurate leaks) specifically mentioned Armadillo and Ridgewood Farm returning from New Austin.

Not to drag the will they/won't they argument out, but just observing that both New Austin and Mexico have been mentioned/teased.  So....yeah

FFS STOP! I can only get so erect!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, zachsterosu said:

J. Worth Stables?

xts8pXZ.png

I believe this is the same ranch in Valentine we've been discussing. It seems like J. Worth is quite the businessman...

Runs the general store AND the livery....maybe more.   Good eye.

2 hours ago, zachsterosu said:

And another small thing I noticed:

x74QdZP.png

"Jameson Mining & Coal Company" on the wagon...

Good eye again, sir.   And you've got great res on those screengrabs.  4K? 

7 hours ago, Chinese Takeout said:

I'm still not 100% on the directions lining up with the Great Plains and Blackwater...if that's what we're seeing...I want to believe, I'm just having trouble...

Do we have a name for these guys yet? I'm gonna call them Twin Sisters for now:

wSLO7Cx.jpg

I'm calling them Courthouse Rock (big) and Jail Rock (little).  They seem to be based on the famous Oregon Trail landmarks near Scotts Bluff, Nebraska.

aQLtaHJ.jpg

Edited by BretMaverick777

SWieUxk.jpg

fkGVCF9.jpgypEQ3gN.jpg

So....these two shots the same place? 
Looks like a stone dam back there.   Have I finally located Owanjila Dam?  🙃

*EDIT:   Or is it a smaller dam, but same vicinity...?

Check this out.  I JUST noticed an unmarked landmark here, west of Lone Mule Stead in Big Valley.  That's a smaller creek we haven't ID'ed yet, but I've been calling it Strawberry Creek cuz it runs downstream from the town of Strawberry.   It *looks* like the creek widens at that point, like a smaller reservoir.   And that would tend to fit the railroad pics with "Sons of Dutch" and the bad guy with the fake beard....tracks right there at Lone Mule Stead, running up to Menlo Post.  

Playing a hunch, but here's a theory:   there's an early hydroelectric company working to dam the rivers in Big Valley to bring electricity to the frontier. (Kinda like the Tennessee Valley Authority here in Appalachia, although their dam-building spree didn't really start til the 20s and 30s.)  Looks like somebody's trying to light up West Elizabeth, specifically (Governor Nate Johns from RDR1...?)... if I'm right, there's this small dam on Strawberry Creek; south of that, we can see that the Owanjila Dam is on the Upper Montana; and I believe the Aurora Basin, farther south on the Lower Montana, was a reservoir too, although I don't remember specifically seeing a dam.  

UKM8EIs.jpg

Edited by BretMaverick777
  • Like 4
Mirror Park Resident
2 hours ago, silly_nate said:

Never realized that curious wording:

Elsewhere, the Del Lobos Gang has taken over a hacienda - clear this gang’s hideout and rob their stash for a lucrative take.

"Elsewhere". Cute way to hide the name of a place.

5 hours ago, silly_nate said:

Nice one. Never read that quote before. Not one for believing leaked lists non sense so R* themselves mentioning this is cool.

Edited by GourangaMaster

What if that’s just the island? I’m hoping it’s Mexico, but a hacienda is a Spanish thing. It might just be a location on the island. 

Edited by Life Hack
  • Like 3
17 minutes ago, Life Hack said:

What if that’s just the island? I’m hoping it’s Mexico, but a hacienda is a Spanish thing. It might just be a location on the island. 

The gang is called Del Lobos.  There's a Rio del Lobo and a Del Lobo Rock in Rio Bravo, right on the San Juan River.   Doesn't mean the Del Lobos *have* to be from there.  But it kinda does.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

The gang is called Del Lobos.  There's a Rio del Lobo and a Del Lobo Rock in Rio Bravo, right on the San Juan River.   Doesn't mean the Del Lobos *have* to be from there.  But it kinda does.  

That’s a good point. Like I said, I want it to be in Mexico. It would mean that there is a lot more to the map. I’m all for it. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Think it's an ampersand.  &

"blacksmith & farrier?"   Sounds appropriate

Ah I think you're right! I though it was an E. Blacksmith and Farrier makes sense.

• Like 1

wSLO7Cx.jpg

The bigger of the two giant rocks look like a perfect base to build a castle on.

The smaller rock looks like it could be a ramp leading up to a long bridge to the castle.

Unfortunately Americans were poor builders in the middle ages, and they have no good old ruins to speak of.

Tenochtictilan doesn't count - it was built with cheap Mexican labour.

Edited by Little Big Man

I still think this game makes no sense from a temperate zone perspective.

This said, I wonder if indeed Mexico in the game it's a scenario like Aldernay or more aptly the scrapped Catskills countryside in GTA IV. 

I mean this in the sense that it wasn't originally planned but because of the delays and maybe a more productive this or that, they were able to add it in.

We shall see. 

37 minutes ago, wagszilla said:

I still think this game makes no sense from a temperate zone perspective.

This said, I wonder if indeed Mexico in the game it's a scenario like Aldernay or more aptly the scrapped Catskills countryside in GTA IV. 

I mean this in the sense that it wasn't originally planned but because of the delays and maybe a more productive this or that, they were able to add it in.

We shall see. 

How so?

The Notorious MOB

If Mexico is in the game then that map leak was probably intentional on Rockstar's part as the unofficial start to their marketing campaign. With that being said there could also be a little more to the North aswell. Fingers crossed for Indian country.

8 minutes ago, Svip said:

Marston, probably.  The screenshot is from RDR.

What makes you say it's from rdr? Could be the shack where you take the flowers to the dead lady before the map was finished?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, MarlboroMan1995 said:

What makes you say it's from rdr? Could be the shack where you take the flowers to the dead lady before the map was finished?

That it says "Red Dead Redemption" in the lower right.  And not "Red Dead Redemption 2".  And the graphics look last generation.

• Like 1

That image was the earliest leaked picture, it came out even before the map.

I remember the internet was wondering if it was real.

Edited by Little Big Man
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Think that's Lake Don Julio.  Jack Marston went there to get directions to Edgar Ross from his wife.

the shack at lake don julio is very similar but not on stilts dosnt have the dingy that can be lowered into the lake and is set facing the water

this was a picture from a rockstar artist portfolio and contains props we've seen in recent RDR2 pictures, so most probably very early work on a rdr2 location that we are yet to locate

2 hours ago, MarlboroMan1995 said:

Somebody please identify that character as well lol.

the character has morgans blue shirt and his hat and rifle over his back, its very early work on rdr2 from a rockstar artist portfolio, the geography is very rdr1 but the props are seen in rdr2

• Like 4
1 minute ago, INFERNO E100 said:

this was a picture from a rockstar artist portfolio and contains props we've seen in recent RDR2 pictures, so most probably very early work on a rdr2 location that we are yet to locate

Yeah, I suspect you're right.

The protag looks like a proto-Morgan — brown hair, leather hat, beige jacket but also RDR1 style rifle holster etc.

Looks like there's some ambient occlusion going on which would post-date RDR1. And that wall-lamp model is visible in a lot of the media we've seen in the past year.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain it's an early build of RDR2. Graphically it looks like V last-gen. But as far as asset quality goes, the shack itself and all props surrounding it, is far beyond anything in RDR1 and even V in many ways. It was likely one of the first assets to establish how far they could push the quality, geometry and texture wise. 

This was pulled from a 3D artist portfolio was it not? I assume said artist left R* and wanted to use this piece for his portfolio to gain interest from potential employers. I expect R* probably approved of that, as they have NDA's prohibiting anyone from showing in-development assets on portfolios, pre-release.

On a related note, does a similar looking shack exist on the RDR1 map? This could be a remastered version of that.

EDIT:

Just noticed Inferno's post and he's right. I even forgot about the props, the lamp for instance appears in the first RDR2 trailer if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by Jestic