• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuPz0r

• BretMaverick777

• Chinese Takeout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

Río del Lobo?  

Updated!

I couldn't see the Mining part though. There seems to be more letters in that purple haze south of Strawberry. If it wasn't so damn hard to read the Purple title on the legend then it'd help give some context to all the purple labels in the world.

heads up just noticed on your map the cochinay marker is yellow like a settlement when it's supposed to be red for gang hideout

• Like 1
Mirror Park Resident

Updated!

I couldn't see the Mining part though. There seems to be more letters in that purple haze south of Strawberry. If it wasn't so damn hard to read the Purple title on the legend then it'd help give some context to all the purple labels in the world.

heads up just noticed on your map the cochinay marker is yellow like a settlement when it's supposed to be red for gang hideout

This takes place years before RDR. Cochinay could be a settlement at that point.

• Like 3

It seems like R* might use the old map

pic

Wait, where on the map was that shot taken? If that's anywhere near where I think it is, then the "Leaked Map" has to be real because of the positioning!

It looks to me like it is west of Beecher's Hope, looking at Tall Trees. If it is, it pretty much confirms that Great Plains and Tall Trees are on the map. To an extent, it also confirms the leaked map, the extra mountains being in the "Big Valley" area. I think the leaked map is all of West Elizabeth, while New Austin might not be in the game.

If we're assuming the sun is in the correct position (and I agree, why not start from that assumption)

You've gotta ask yourself one question - "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk? ;)

I EAT LUCKY FOR BREAKFAST!

(charms, that is)

Richard Power Colt

It seems like R* might use the old map

pic

Wait, where on the map was that shot taken? If that's anywhere near where I think it is, then the "Leaked Map" has to be real because of the positioning!

It looks to me like it is west of Beecher's Hope, looking at Tall Trees. If it is, it pretty much confirms that Great Plains and Tall Trees are on the map. To an extent, it also confirms the leaked map, the extra mountains being in the "Big Valley" area. I think the leaked map is all of West Elizabeth, while New Austin might not be in the game.

Actually it's more to the east, you can literally see parts of the buildings in Beecher's hope in the pic.

The moment I saw below scenes for the first time I instantly thought of RDR ... this seems so familiar, I think it's Beechers Hope and therefore confirms the map!

You can see the Silo from Marston's Ranch left to the windmill :monocle:

600x338.jpg600x338.jpg

• Like 2

Updated!

K6EThfh.jpg

This takes place years before RDR. Cochinay could be a settlement at that point.

sure bro but what im saying is on the leaked map it's red and not yellow so it's clearly a gang hideout

e2534fa3780dee6ca555dfca76bd1053.png

for reference heres the marker on the original leaked map

Edited by PissKing360
  • Like 3

I post this just as a reminder. The work people are doing here is incredible, so keep on going! But i also know that it is in the nature of human brains to find connections and patterns in things that actually are not connected at all. So far i think still that the map is fake and that the best approach is to start from the trailer and the trailer only. Creating a map from scratch of our own which will be more accurate and useful in the future. Of course the leaked map could be real, yet i seriously doubt Rockstar would let something so big slip out in the open. The worst thing that could happen is that we start creating the same map, yet we will still have a real map.

From what i can make out the purple is two words with the first word beggining with L and the second word begins with J. I keep reading it as lumberjack? But i dont think that makes any sense. Lumberjack isnt two words either. Sigh. So hyped for this game.

Edited by Red XIII
  • Like 2

I post this just as a reminder. The work people are doing here is incredible, so keep on going! But i also know that it is in the nature of human brains to find connections and patterns in things that actually are not connected at all. So far i think still that the map is fake and that the best approach is to start from the trailer and the trailer only. Creating a map from scratch of our own which will be more accurate and useful in the future. Of course the leaked map could be real, yet i seriously doubt Rockstar would let something so big slip out in the open. The worst thing that could happen is that we start creating the same map, yet we will still have a real map.

I agree. The leaked map is a good reference point, but it clouds our judgment. If it is fake, then we are just going around in circles.

I do on the other hand think there is an element of truth in it, seeing as the maps connect in a way that no one knew a few months ago, and the trailer is showing us this map connection is accurate.

Don't worry, i have been working on a map not based on the leak/fake, but it's not pretty enough to show yet :p

• Like 2

I can't wait to get back into the wild wild west again, ride my horse though the land. Ride with friends. But I really think this is set, after the first red dead.

• Like 1

Updated!

sure bro but what im saying is on the leaked map it's red and not yellow so it's clearly a gang hideout

e2534fa3780dee6ca555dfca76bd1053.png

for reference heres the marker on the original leaked map

Thanks for spotting that! Updated...

h4z279T.jpg

Le Vilaj has me really interested. The fact that it's a town, not a settlement, is really exciting. Manzanita Post is a settlement, so Le Vilaj is probably going to be even larger than Manzanita, and it's a sort of Caribbean Creole island village which is really wild. My speculation is that there's going to be smuggling going on between the island and New Bordeaux, and maybe even a Jean Lafitte type smuggler character exemplifying the lifestyle of late pirates.

• Like 1

I agree. The leaked map is a good reference point, but it clouds our judgment. If it is fake, then we are just going around in circles.

I do on the other hand think there is an element of truth in it, seeing as the maps connect in a way that no one knew a few months ago, and the trailer is showing us this map connection is accurate.

Don't worry, i have been working on a map not based on the leak/fake, but it's not pretty enough to show yet :p

I agree with you. Using only my phone currently poses a problem for me when it comes to mapping stuff myself. I thought of doing it on paper even and then upload a picture haha, but since you are working on it then there is no need for that. :D

• Like 1

Still very crude WIP, but here's what I've got from looking at only the screencaps from the trailer. Some parts of the map dip low enough to be rivers, so I've added rivers where I think there is one.

nSAip4i.jpg

Is there anyway to edit that leaked map to sharpen the txt? I know half the data of that image has been dumped and cannot be retrieved but im still hopeful there is something i can do to sharpen the txt a little bit.

I remember rockstar linked the mapping los santos thread before the release of gtav, lets see if they will do that again.

Edited by Red XIII

I think you should move your Circle north by butcher Creek. Being from Louisiana there are not many Mountains like that. But Arkansas does have mountains. from the map it looks like Louisiana , Texas , Arkansas, Missouri , Oklahoma, wyoming , Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa colorado

Just my opinion

Is it just me or does the leaked map actually look like a pants-less man trying to f*** a duck? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who sees this. (I dunno if this has been posted before.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Rockstar's ballsy humor and all...

Edited by WDR

Here's something from me:

1. First we can see a railroad

2. In a far distance we can see a building, which can be a farm

3. Take a look at grass, it's yellow just like a color of that part of a map

4. And here we can see not so big mountains in the distance, they are white because of snow and that part of a map is white as well which is means that area is full of snow. And a distance from that farm building and that mountains is quite similar in comparison to the map.

And let's talk about bisons. We can see a flock of them. Bison graze in large open areas like this:

Which is very similar to that yellow area it the map and yellow grass in the trailer.

I don't think the yellow line is a railroad. It looks like a main road howeve. I actually think the other yellow line that goes thru where you have 4 circled is a railroad.

After looking at the entire supposed leaked map I realize they are the same road or track so you could be right. I didn't think they made intersections like that with railroads but after looking at rdr map I realize I could be very wrong, carry on good sir.

Edited by ibsmokin

Still very crude WIP, but here's what I've got from looking at only the screencaps from the trailer. Some parts of the map dip low enough to be rivers, so I've added rivers where I think there is one.

Well that's a great start ! I would just have put a little more space in the yellow zone north of the two rocks, but that depends of where you think scene 7 is.

Is it just me or does the leaked map actually look like a pants-less man trying to f*** a duck? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who sees this. (I dunno if this has been posted before.)

I... tought about that too.. (but with an eagle not a duck :'D)

I thought it looked like some kind of animal sucking off a man bending over. You can see his nose and hairline too lol

That small lake by Rim (the Grizzlies, top of the map) ... I believe that's where the magnificant night-time shot with the campfire is coming from???

Capture.jpg

For me it's more like a swamp in south because of the different types of trees. (Bayou Nwa region)

Edited by Maat

anyone else think this part of the trailer is in new bordeaux? assuming leaked map is real.

73d24afa69ec5678780b6176d0d59b13.png

those big brick houses suggest it's a large civilized town. they give off a new orleans vibe as well what with the little cast-iron balcony, which are iconic new orleans architectural pieces, especially in the french quarter

Edited by PissKing360

I have to say that the "leaked" house and the house from RDR1 do not look like the same at all...exept those things on the right wall. The houses are different, and the background too.