Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Mapping Red Dead Redemption 2! Landmark Analysis Thread


  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DuPz0r

    828

  • BretMaverick777

    607

  • Chinese Takeout

    465

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

Map Update v0.74 - Added Treefitty's most up to date town maps *Rhodes *Valentine *St Denis - Added the rest of New Austin *Roads *Paths *Rails *Regions

Recommended Posts

Better - I had ported nice amount of outskirt models of RDR2 map to V, so that was easier to make a scale comparsion to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

There's some weird sh*t going on out of bounds on xbox one right now. I've ventured around a decent number of times, they're adding new sh*t out of bounds. There's more trees on the divide point between Guarma and the main map. Once in Guarma, if you go towards the LOD back section of it, a giant LOD terrain object is spawning that encompuses most of Guarmas back side. It's odd, I'll make a thread with pictures soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McBando said:

There's some weird sh*t going on out of bounds on xbox one right now. I've ventured around a decent number of times, they're adding new sh*t out of bounds. There's more trees on the divide point between Guarma and the main map. Once in Guarma, if you go towards the LOD back section of it, a giant LOD terrain object is spawning that encompuses most of Guarmas back side. It's odd, I'll make a thread with pictures soon. 

Sounds interesting, keep us updated 👍 Although, parts of the desert LOD has always spawned over the south side of the island since v1.00, it could just be that.

Edited by DuPz0r
Link to post
Share on other sites

*sigh*   I miss exploring new areas.  Imagine if Rockstar had a DLC add-on with a totally new area.

While Mafia 3 had its issues, at least they created a whole new county to drive around it after release.

https://twitter.com/mafiagame/status/844564835144646656?s=20

 

What other open world games have created new areas after release?

Edited by a z
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 9:16 AM, McBando said:

There's some weird sh*t going on out of bounds on xbox one right now. I've ventured around a decent number of times, they're adding new sh*t out of bounds. There's more trees on the divide point between Guarma and the main map. Once in Guarma, if you go towards the LOD back section of it, a giant LOD terrain object is spawning that encompuses most of Guarmas back side. It's odd, I'll make a thread with pictures soon. 

any news?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kwul said:

any news?

My b. I did a bit more digging, I guess some of the LOD had been there beforehand, but still more of it was spawning in the Western part than I've ever experienced.  As for the trees, I didn't get pics of it on my phone that night. Still seems like more than normal is appearing in the land between the transition point to Guarma. Guarma is also transitioning sooner than I remember it transitioning but that may just be a personal ancedote. 

 

https://imgur.com/SZqUYWD

https://imgur.com/Bl4qOAa

https://imgur.com/0Qd3CoU

https://imgur.com/tkdBE51

https://imgur.com/sGGe8Dw

https://imgur.com/H5Iu3pE

https://imgur.com/KW7OaOB

https://imgur.com/UGJsKBh

https://imgur.com/bAbxmo9

https://imgur.com/4HAYPaB

https://imgur.com/dEn8iyc

https://imgur.com/aFDiy2X

https://imgur.com/ecw4wYQ

Edited by McBando
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, a z said:

*sigh*   I miss exploring new areas.  Imagine if Rockstar had a DLC add-on with a totally new area.

While Mafia 3 had its issues, at least they created a whole new county to drive around it after release.

https://twitter.com/mafiagame/status/844564835144646656?s=20

 

What other open world games have created new areas after release?

Witcher 3 expanded its Velen map for its Heart of Stone DLC, but more impressively, its Blood and Wine expansion added an entirely unique region, with its own story, NPC's, collectibles, stores, monsters, contracts, you name it. My most favourite expansion of all time. In fact the DLC for Witcher 3 is the greatest DLC I've ever purchased, is a complete bargain. And they just don't do DLC like that anymore. (It's more like how expansions should be, like the GTA 4 DLC and nothing like modern map packs and skin packs.)

 

Assassin's Creed Odyssey added new maps based on Greek Mythology, like Hades and Atlantis, for its Atlantis expansion pack, but IMO the DLC did nothing to change up the core gameplay and just repeated itself continuously. After 100 hours of that game I was sick to death of the same run of the mill gameplay loop and had to quit.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:55 AM, zachsterosu said:

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this, but Van Horn had a bridge at some point?

 

i4uEbUK.jpg

I'm still curious if this is the "old" Van Horn, up north, or the "new" Van Horn which replaced Talullah. I'm still not sure if Van Horn was completely shifted South and replaced Talullah, or if Talullah is Van Horn, and they just replaced the names and removed the original "Van Horn Trading Post" up north, of if they just combined the two. So many questions.

 

Was the Van Horn Mansion, the Van Horn Train Station, the lighthouse, was that all originally North of Annesberg too? Did they shift all stuff South or was some of the buildings part of Talullah?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I started a new playthrough on 1.00, does anyone remember on which pages in this thread you guys found a way to leave Colter and visit the rest of the map during the Prologue?

 

I remember distinctly a whole lot of pictures posted but I can't for the life of me remember how you guys did it. I didn't have a save during the prologue at the time so I never tried the glitch/cheat.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was me, and i didnt do it on version 1.00. I think I did it on version 1.10. But yeah we all had a good mess aroudn with it, shared screenshots and stuff.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

That was me, and i didnt do it on version 1.00. I think I did it on version 1.10. But yeah we all had a good mess aroudn with it, shared screenshots and stuff.

 

That's what I was looking for, thanks! Going to try this tonight and perhaps see if there's anything different about 1.00, see how far I can get.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm betting they used some sort of terrain generation tool for most unplayable map area, I doubt that was all hand crafted. Would be a waste of dev hours.

Edited by Tuskin38
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 8:46 PM, Tuskin38 said:

I'm betting they used some sort of terrain generation tool for most unplayable map area, I doubt that was all hand crafted. Would be a waste of dev hours.

youd think that but after all my travels literally all of it is hand crafted. It is personally placed there, every single object. Why? I have no idea, but even spawn points in insane areas for animals are personally placed. 

Edited by McBando
  • Best Bru 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

hi i was wondering. is big valley partly based off the lake tahoe area in nevada? so recently i have been watching one of my favorite western shows bonanza. and it is set in the lake tahoe area in nevada. and i feel like the area in the show looks a lot like big valley.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On one of the loading screens there is a mine in the snow, the picture is titled Grizzlies West K-04 on the loading screen. Where is this location in the game? I don't recall seeing any mines in the Grizzlies West, especially not in the snow

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

On one of the loading screens there is a mine in the snow, the picture is titled Grizzlies West K-04 on the loading screen. Where is this location in the game? I don't recall seeing any mines in the Grizzlies West, especially not in the snow

 

https://reddead.fandom.com/wiki/Millesani_Claim

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was marked on the leak map.  This makes it feel like it was meant for something more... demoted like so many other locations on that map.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd actually never been there before,  theres nothing of relative value there, so I'd never had any reason to. Weird place. The drunk cheat is hiding in the mine, so it serves SOME purpose at least

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonjour

 

New Canal Lighthouse (North of New Orleans) around 1900

Wikipedia

 

xd8AeBm.jpg`

 

Gazebo in Mill Creek Park (Youngstown, Ohio):

 

F0c7LyQ.jpg

 

One of the Stone bridges of City Park (Nola):

Wikipedia

 

jaXt30D.jpg

 

624 Bourbon Street, Nola;
 

KNzucaO.jpg

 

A house on Espanade Avenue, Nola:

 

vasaJdx.jpg

 

it is not a building in the map, just an image in the Wheeler, Rawson and Co Catalog: The Sears Headquarter in Chicago

 

cASTT4V.jpg

 

This building still exists:

 

  • Like 18
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 5:29 AM, The Jungz said:

Anybody know why there's a giant LOD mountain appearing all over Rio Bravo and Cholla Springs in 1.00 now?

That's Guarma's Northwest sister Island as seen in the distance out to sea. It sits directly over New Austin. I'm guessing Version 1.00 had LOD issues which they later patched.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

That's Guarma's Northwest sister Island as seen in the distance out to sea. It sits directly over New Austin. I'm guessing Version 1.00 had LOD issues which they later patched.

It was actually caused by me having a corrupt save file from 1.19.

 

The second I deleted it, my save was fine. I must say though, seeing gigantic lush mountains right next to Tumbleweed scared the sh*t outta me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, koeklin said:

 

Spoiler

 

Bonjour

 

New Canal Lighthouse (North of New Orleans) around 1900

Wikipedia

 

xd8AeBm.jpg`

 

Gazebo in Mill Creek Park (Youngstown, Ohio):

 

F0c7LyQ.jpg

 

One of the Stone bridges of City Park (Nola):

Wikipedia

 

jaXt30D.jpg

 

624 Bourbon Street, Nola;
 

KNzucaO.jpg

 

A house on Espanade Avenue, Nola:

 

vasaJdx.jpg

 

it is not a building in the map, just an image in the Wheeler, Rawson and Co Catalog: The Sears Headquarter in Chicago

 

cASTT4V.jpg

 

This building still exists:

 

 

 

Awesome work! We've featured your stuff in GTANet.com btw ;)

 

https://gtanet.com/community-highlight-rdr2-location-matching-still-after-release/ 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

    • Fido_le_muet
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.