Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

Mapping Red Dead Redemption 2! Landmark Analysis Thread

Recommended Posts

GinsengElixir
2 hours ago, MarlboroMan1995 said:

With all the talk of the events that happened before we start in colter, I had this dawn on me while watching old trailers. Remember that in one trailer it shows Blackwater at night and people wearing warm clothes because it is SNOWING.  My thoughts is maybe, huge maybe, that this is the early part of the blizzard.

Can you link the trailer please? I never saw that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarlboroMan1995
48 minutes ago, GinsengElixir said:

Can you link the trailer please? I never saw that..

 

 

right at the 1:40 mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonko

Armadillo - then and now

 

nedy7n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir
2 hours ago, MarlboroMan1995 said:

 

 

right at the 1:40 mark

For some reason I always assumed that was in St.Denis and that was just a sandy road..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GinsengElixir said:

For some reason I always assumed that was in St.Denis and that was just a sandy road..

3 hours ago, MarlboroMan1995 said:

 

 

right at the 1:40 mark

 

That's the part of Blackwater where the road turns from cobbled stone to a dirtroad. She even says "Modernising Cities" in that part of the trailer.

GGeJ2fe.jpg

Edited by DuPz0r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir

But it doesn't look like it's snowing. Such a great trailer though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r
On 7/9/2019 at 3:48 PM, ivarblaauw said:

Guys, I haven't really gotten the time to look at it for a longer period, but does anyone recognize where this shot is taken? 

 

*from today's weekly update

e56a346bf52f2f48d7faf308b3c2445aa45ecaae

 

Yeah It's facing west looking at the Sea of Coronado.

dU3PHuD.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r
On 7/5/2019 at 10:44 PM, Len Lfc said:

Did we ever locate where on the map this shot was taken?

Dn8_PzuXUAI6-0a.jpg

3Jo24cX.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
2 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

3Jo24cX.jpg

Yeah, when it was pointed out to me, I found it later that day. Was going to post it here, but I assumed it had already been posted since. That and getting screenshots of my external Xbox drive is a pain lol. Always fond of that shot, though. The hype that brought, when everyone thought it confirmed Mexico was great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_CP_

And this is how it looked in RDR1
4Asc8fR.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Petko

Can someone who has RDR please locate where these "Twin Trees" in Mexico are located in the first game cause from what i can tell in RDR2 they are somewhere near Chuparosa: 

 

https://imgur.com/na1ziRR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonko

Manteca Falls - then and now

 

esw4dh.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_CP_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous
1 hour ago, tonko said:

Manteca Falls - then and now

You probably should document these 'then and now' posts in a separate topic. It's a historical reference for the Redemption universe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Petko
2 hours ago, _CP_ said:

Thank you kindly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BallinBallas
11 hours ago, tonko said:

Manteca Falls - then and now

 

esw4dh.jpg

damn, that waterfall really shrunk between 1907 & 1911 :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
codedoddertdervbs
On 7/15/2019 at 9:36 AM, tonko said:

Armadillo - then and now

 

nedy7n.jpg

I think this comparison sums up what I don't like about the art style of RDR 2. The palette of the original game (and its lesser ability to render detailed backgrounds) gives this implied sense of a huge distance between the foreground and the background. It's completely missing from RDR 2. Pike's Basin looks like a 10 minute walk away now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonko
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, codedoddertdervbs said:

I think this comparison sums up what I don't like about the art style of RDR 2. The palette of the original game (and its lesser ability to render detailed backgrounds) gives this implied sense of a huge distance between the foreground and the background. It's completely missing from RDR 2. Pike's Basin looks like a 10 minute walk away now.

Totally agree, i noticed that recently. Everything seems so close compared to RDR 1 where a ride to let's say Pike's Basin seemed like a long and dangerous journey.

 

I would like someone who's expert on these things to answer this: Is New Austin map smaller or it seems smaller?

Edited by tonko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r

I'm no expert but I have a feeling it's the same distance, it's just the animation/speeds/movement/camera is all different. Although RDR2's animation seems slower, the horses in RDR2 seem to gallop further distances in the time frame. Not to mention that the Camera lens depth on RDR2 makes background things appear closer than they are. Much more cinematic than RDR1...

Image result for depth of field gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoJiiva
4 hours ago, tonko said:

Totally agree, i noticed that recently. Everything seems so close compared to RDR 1 where a ride to let's say Pike's Basin seemed like a long and dangerous journey.

 

I would like someone who's expert on these things to answer this: Is New Austin map smaller or it seems smaller?

The map is the same size but because of the improved draw distance and the wider camera, it makes it look closer. In RDR1, stuff in the background slightly blurs out making it seem further than it actually is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jje1000
Posted (edited)

I always sort of wonder if games could get away with making things seem further away by intentionally slowing down transportation in certain transititional zones, tweaking the fov, and adding additional haze effects to make things feel further away.

 

Edited by jje1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BallinBallas
Posted (edited)

so doing the drink & sleep glitch at Manteca Falls yesterday, I spawned out of map the same exact time that three Native American NPCs appeared up on the cliff. I ended up hog tying one & bringing his horse deeper into Mexico. his AI was functional and had dialogue, but he’d get stuck in place when I’d set him free. Unfortunately, I tried recording, but it never started (typical Xbox..) :( 

Edited by BallinBallas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

so doing the drink & sleep glitch at Manteca Falls yesterday, I spawned out of map the same exact time that three Native American NPCs appeared up on the cliff. I ended up hog tying one & bringing his horse deeper into Mexico. his AI was functional and had dialogue, but he’d get stuck in place when I’d set him free. Unfortunately, I tried recording, but it never started (typical Xbox..) :( 

Holy crap I saw those guys when I was boating down there the other day, I thought some New Austiners had just glitched over there somehow, they creeped me out 

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BallinBallas
4 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Holy crap I saw those guys when I was boating down there the other day, I thought some New Austiners had just glitched over there somehow, they creeped me out 

It’s a really bizarre spawn that only seems to happens in the morning. they also always end up walking off the cliff due to glitched AI, so I was amazed I got to them while still alive. I was so pissed it didn’t record lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoJiiva
1 hour ago, BallinBallas said:

so doing the drink & sleep glitch at Manteca Falls yesterday, I spawned out of map the same exact time that three Native American NPCs appeared up on the cliff. I ended up hog tying one & bringing his horse deeper into Mexico. his AI was functional and had dialogue, but he’d get stuck in place when I’d set him free. Unfortunately, I tried recording, but it never started (typical Xbox..) :( 

I seen those 3 on that cliff once before when I was down over there. Makes me wonder if rockstar put a set spawn point over there just for them to walk up to the cliff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BallinBallas
20 minutes ago, XenoJiiva said:

I seen those 3 on that cliff once before when I was down over there. Makes me wonder if rockstar put a set spawn point over there just for them to walk up to the cliff.

the times I’ve seen em they’ll walk in a line, go to up to the overlook, then fall victim to the slip wall lol. It looks awesome but why there of all places? that’s technically part of Mexico. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ivarblaauw
26 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

the times I’ve seen em they’ll walk in a line, go to up to the overlook, then fall victim to the slip wall lol. It looks awesome but why there of all places? that’s technically part of Mexico. 

Actually it is the Southern Plains, which are still US territory as far as I know.

 

Why there? No clue. Could be a foreshadow for some native dlc in that area? Natives x buffalo x great plains? Seems like a great setting to me. 

 

Anyhow, just enjoy the glitch for now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
2 hours ago, BallinBallas said:

It’s a really bizarre spawn that only seems to happens in the morning. they also always end up walking off the cliff due to glitched AI, so I was amazed I got to them while still alive. I was so pissed it didn’t record lol

They walked off the cliff? I passed them on my boat, then when I looked back they were gone, all mysterious and sh*t. Hilarious that they just walked off the cliff :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r

They've spawned a fair amount of times on the upper cliffs. But I've never managed to get over to them in time before they disappear out of sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nyfyr
Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 2:17 PM, DuPz0r said:

I'm no expert but I have a feeling it's the same distance, it's just the animation/speeds/movement/camera is all different. Although RDR2's animation seems slower, the horses in RDR2 seem to gallop further distances in the time frame. Not to mention that the Camera lens depth on RDR2 makes background things appear closer than they are. Much more cinematic than RDR1...

Image result for depth of field gif

I miss the camera lens depth from RDR1 to be honest. Made the map feel less crammed.

 

 

Edited by Nyfyr
I meant to say camera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.