3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

Mapping Red Dead Redemption 2! Landmark Analysis Thread

Gummy 

Are there any more Mexico comparison shots between RDR and RDR2?

XenoJiiva
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Gummy  said:

Not sure but this video was posted a few pages back with multiple areas from both games. Doesn't show everything but maybe he'll do another one? 

Also @ivarblaauw, That map looks great. Nice to see a full map of what could of been if rockstar made the map bigger.

Edited by XenoJiiva

ivarblaauw
9 minutes ago, XenoJiiva said:

Not sure but this video was posted a few pages back with multiple areas from both games. Doesn't show everything but maybe he'll do another one? 

Also @ivarblaauw, That map looks great. Nice to see a full map of what could of been if rockstar made the map bigger.

took a while, again, didn't do it for this thread, but since I did it... well why not post it right xD
Seriously though, they have so much room to expand the game if they chose to do so. Still crying about Mexico not being in the game, since I loved that region back in the day (2010/11)

SneakyDeaky
6 hours ago, ivarblaauw said:

For the 'Possible Map Additions Thread' I have created a map, which is a combination of the Legendary animals ingame map, the special edition and normal edition map, the locations we found here which were cut and Nuevo Paraiso.

While it features a bit of speculation (in the names), the borders should be mostly correct and the map should be correct lore wise. 
I am not sure if any of you can do anything with it, but it took me quite some time and I think it should be posted here.

*I haven't been able to create any boundaries for the East bank or the south east region, since the information is simply lacking (ingame maps) and I haven't traversed there myself. The North and the east should be mostly correct. Boundaries are literally taken from a combination of documented video's/pictures, ingame maps and the Legendary animals map.

TxGQg4H.jpg

Good work, man.

This reminds me to bring something up for discussion, and that is what do you all think of North Elizabeth and where it would be on the map? Sean explicitly mentions in camp that he met Dutch in North Elizabeth, and I'm sure it is mentioned at least once more, too. So I tend to take that as "confirmation." But it's hard for me to figure out its orientation. And is there an East Elizabeth and a South? I can't really visualize how that would look on the map, what do you guys think?

It would be cool if we could compile a list of places mentioned in game that are not on our current playable map, and perhaps try and place the locations logically. 

Didn't the gang find Micah in a bar in the Grizzlies somewhere? It feels like there should be a at least one town somewhere in the Grizzlies. I remember making a post a long time ago about being wary of there not being a town in the Northern part of the map, and I feel a little vindicated. It's a bit tedious to bring those Legendary skins down from the Grizzlies all the way to a trapper.

tonko

Tumbleweed mansion - then and now

2ef2d90.jpg

DuPz0r

This is the first updated interior I've seen from R*. I've not seen any others that have had a transformation yet. Hopefully, this is the start of something good for this game.

BallinBallas
6 hours ago, tonko said:

Tumbleweed mansion - then and now

2ef2d90.jpg

how many buildings in New Austin actually match their counterparts in RDR1? that’s almost an entirely different house 

XenoJiiva
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

how many buildings in New Austin actually match their counterparts in RDR1? that’s almost an entirely different house 

While most are close, I believe the reason they look different is because they were rebuilt from scratch and not just copied and pasted into RDR2. The saloon in Armadillo looks almost exact but I noticed its very slightly taller which makes getting on the roof impossible this time.

1 hour ago, DuPz0r said:

This is the first updated interior I've seen from R*. I've not seen any others that have had a transformation yet. Hopefully, this is the start of something good for this game.

Likely will be for a stranger mission or Story Mission I'm guessing. I believe this was updated a few months ago actually, I could be wrong but I think someone posted comparison screens of that office here a few pages back before V1.09 released. I remember seeing it before, I would have to go look back to see if it was this same office.

Edit: Yup, back on page 380. I wonder when this was added because I know for sure that it wasn't there with the release of Online. What other interiors may of been added without anyone knowing?

Edited by XenoJiiva

DuPz0r
27 minutes ago, XenoJiiva said:

While most are close, I believe the reason they look different is because they were rebuilt from scratch and not just copied and pasted into RDR2. The saloon in Armadillo looks almost exact but I noticed its very slightly taller which makes getting on the roof impossible this time.

Likely will be for a stranger mission or Story Mission I'm guessing. I believe this was updated a few months ago actually, I could be wrong but I think someone posted comparison screens of that office here a few pages back before V1.09 released. I remember seeing it before, I would have to go look back to see if it was this same office.

Edit: Yup, back on page 380. I wonder when this was added because I know for sure that it wasn't there with the release of Online. What other interiors may of been added without anyone knowing?

Ah ok, I never really play online  i was just told about it recently. I always did the lantern breaches in single player. Now i know that Online has differences to single player, i'm going to explore online more from now on.

XenoJiiva
18 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

Ah ok, I never really play online  i was just told about it recently. I always did the lantern breaches in single player. Now i know that Online has differences to single player, i'm going to explore online more from now on.

Either do I but friends of mine play online all the time. With the Lantern glitch fixed, we may not know of any other interiors easily. Some could be in buildings that we can't look inside through windows or doors... :(

DuPz0r

Fortunetly you can still see through walls and doors with the old breach, since it does push you half way in. But then you just get pushed out after a second.

Noru122
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:35 AM, Gummy  said:

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:43 AM, XenoJiiva said:

Yeah, I did make a part 2, just uploaded it a few minutes ago. There really isn't much else to show though unless you want to go in depth with each location.

MarlboroMan1995

Did anybody ever check out the inside of the room you could buy in rdr 1 at the armadillo saloon?

XenoJiiva
44 minutes ago, MarlboroMan1995 said:

Did anybody ever check out the inside of the room you could buy in rdr 1 at the armadillo saloon?

Yeah, it was just an empty room. 

tonko

Pleasance House, Cholla Springs - then and now

148irtg.jpg

RoberZamora

At the end of "The course of true love",

Spoiler

Arthur tells the driver of the diligence in which Penelope and Beau escape to take them

"north, to the Boston line." What line would that be?

ivarblaauw
4 hours ago, RoberZamora said:

Hide contents

Arthur tells the driver of the diligence in which Penelope and Beau escape to take them

perhaps a reference to the Mason/Dixon line in Pennsylvania? That's all I could possibly think of...

Hosea mentioned Deer Creek. Anyone got an idea where the town of Deer Creek might be?

DuPz0r

I decided to break my Mexico comparison videos into small separate videos since I can't do video comparisons with RDR1, and that's already been done now anyway. 

I'll start with my favorite location, Escalera

Equatecurl
9 hours ago, RoberZamora said:

Hide contents

Probably to the train line that heads to Boston. 

DuPz0r

Game patch v1.10 just dropped. I guess we better see what out of map glitches still work.

Noru122
12 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

Game patch v1.10 just dropped. I guess we better see what out of map glitches still work.

Ugh, right when I found a new one for online I wanted test out more... Hopefully it still works and hopefully the single player ones still work.

XenoJiiva

New update dropped. I'm going to take a look at the known map glitches in single player first than online. I hope they still work

BallinBallas
13 minutes ago, XenoJiiva said:

New update dropped. I'm going to take a look at the known map glitches in single player first than online. I hope they still work

yeah, please let us know.

XenoJiiva
18 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

yeah, please let us know.

Good news, you can still enter Mexico near Manteca Falls

BallinBallas
11 minutes ago, XenoJiiva said:

nice! is it all the same over there? 

XenoJiiva
14 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

nice! is it all the same over there? 

More than likely, I didn't stay to take a look around. The update seemed to only fix those duping exploits in Online by the looks of it

BallinBallas
3 minutes ago, XenoJiiva said:

More than likely, I didn't stay to take a look around. The update seemed to only fix those duping exploits in Online by the looks of it

Ah ok, I’m always hoping they’ll sneak something new in there 

Noru122
37 minutes ago, XenoJiiva said:

That's good to hear. What about online? Try them yet?

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Noru122 said:

That's good to hear. What about online? Try them yet?

The lasso a friend through the wall method doesnt work anymore. Still looking for a row boat to try to breach the Lannahechee mouth.

Edited by DuPz0r

XenoJiiva
36 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

The lasso a friend through the wall method doesnt work anymore. Still looking for a row boat to try to breach the Lannahechee mouth.

Tried doing that one but was having trouble today. Worked fine last week but today, the boat keeps sinking now. Could be that I'm just having bad luck with it atm. I'll try a couple more times