2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

Mapping Red Dead Redemption 2! Landmark Analysis Thread

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BallinBallas said:

I just glitched into Mexico at Manteca Falls, so that still works 

Thank god :) Is Guarma still reachable in singleplayer?

Thanks for testing it. I'll try the boat glitch again later.

Edited by DuPz0r

bandito619

Don't worry guys!!! Have Faith, WE WILL get a Single Player DLC, Remember GTA 4 First DLC The lost and Damned came out about a year later, Then Several Months after, the Balled of Gay Tony came out. Rockstar putting "Chuparosa" Poncho is obviously a Hint that a Mexico Dlc is coming up, I mean they already put Mexico in the first place so.

DuPz0r
On 5/14/2019 at 11:26 AM, DuPz0r said:

It still works :)

Someone I know said they couldnt use the lantern to glitch through walls anymore though. I'll have to test that myself today. I'll let you know my results.

MarlboroMan1995
On 5/14/2019 at 12:12 PM, bandito619 said:

Don't worry guys!!! Have Faith, WE WILL get a Single Player DLC, Remember GTA 4 First DLC The lost and Damned came out about a year later, Then Several Months after, the Balled of Gay Tony came out. Rockstar putting "Chuparosa" Poncho is obviously a Hint that a Mexico Dlc is coming up, I mean they already put Mexico in the first place so.

I hope you are right, but I sincerely doubt it. 

bandito619
18 minutes ago, MarlboroMan1995 said:

I hope you are right, but I sincerely doubt it. 

All these Doubting.... Have Faith...

XenoJiiva
4 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

It still works :)

Someone I know said they couldnt use the lantern to glitch through walls anymore though. I'll have to test that myself today. I'll let you know my results.

Yeah, I was trying last night and couldn't do it anymore.

Noru122

Either I'm having some terrible luck to get it to work or that now you can't drive those large wooden steamboats anymore. Could anyone else confirm this?

DuPz0r
2 hours ago, Noru122 said:

Either I'm having some terrible luck to get it to work or that now you can't drive those large wooden steamboats anymore. Could anyone else confirm this?

I'll have to try that too then whilst I'm at it.

I found it impossible to reach the huge rock overlooking the bay. I like a challenge, but this got me thinking why there was a slip-wall there in the first place? 

DuPz0r
4 hours ago, XenoJiiva said:

Yeah, I was trying last night and couldn't do it anymore.

Damn it does appear to be patched. I've not been able to do more than look behind walls now. :(

3 hours ago, Noru122 said:

You're right. They've patched the steamboats. I've been trying for the last hour with no luck. It also seems like they've nerfed the canoe too so it actually uses stamina on Guarma water now as well... :(

Looks like now is the time I move back to Version 1.00...

XenoJiiva
31 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

Damn it does appear to be patched. I've not been able to do more than look behind walls now. :(

You're right. They've patched the steamboats. I've been trying for the last hour with no luck. It also seems like they've nerfed the canoe too so it actually uses stamina on Guarma water now as well... :(

The Lantern glitch was likely patched because it was being used in Online. People using it to wallbreach

The steamboat thing though... what harm did it do? Why?

BallinBallas
40 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

It’s funny the same company that knowingly would allow us to corrupt our saves with cheats back in the day, won’t let us even access harmless interiors in single player now. :( 

DuPz0r
50 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

It’s funny the same company that knowingly would allow us to corrupt our saves with cheats back in the day, won’t let us even access harmless interiors in single player now. :( 

It's a sad day when R* decide to waste time patching out of the map exploration glitches instead of fixing the abomination that is Red Dead Online.

Noru122
2 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

Damn, I was afraid that it would of been patched eventually...  Instead of fixing the more serious issues, they decide to fix something that clearly was doing no harm. Ever since GTA V, R* have been patching out everything no matter how small or insignificant it may be. They remind me of one of those people who constantly go in for plastic surgery to fix something they deem a is flaw in their overall look, but come out looking worse than before.

There is nothing wrong with a few glitches that are not game breaking or hurting anyone....

At least Guarma is still accessible... For now.   

BallinBallas

It’s only a matter of time before that invisible barrier from RDO is implemented into story mode. I thought for sure it would’ve been done on 1.09 

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)

I'm just glad i got to find Guarma to be an entire island. Find a way to get to the end of the Lannahechee River, and voyage around the entire map & document it before glitches were patched.

You can't take that away from us R*!  We've seen it all now, we've put two & two together, discovered what you've taken away from the game, what was scrapped. All the evidence is here in this thread!

Edited by DuPz0r

SneakyDeaky
3 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

I'm just glad i got to find Guarma to be an entire island. Find a way to get to the end of the Lannahechee River, and voyage around the entire map & document it before glitches were patched.

You can't take that away from us R*!  We've seen it all now, we've put two & two together, discovered what you've taken away from the game, what was scrapped. All the evidence is here in this thread!

Hear, hear! This thread is an historical document. 

In a way this thread is as close to a "developer diary" you can get without any actual input from the developers. Just smart and dedicated fans, who have contributed to fleshing out this world almost as much as Rockstar themselves.

tonko

Lake Don Julio - then and now

2m4esls.jpg

Bobby West
12 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Hear, hear! This thread is an historical document. 

In a way this thread is as close to a "developer diary" you can get without any actual input from the developers. Just smart and dedicated fans, who have contributed to fleshing out this world almost as much as Rockstar themselves.

Yes it is, and there is still more to find (assuming you don't update your game). Who knows what they'll take out next.

silly_nate
17 hours ago, tonko said:

Lake Don Julio - then and now

2m4esls.jpg

It looks a lot smaller now

Noru122

Decided to finally put together most of this Guarma footage I had still sitting on my hard drive from when I was exploring.

DuPz0r

I find these graves cool & distinctive, yet out of place and questionable. 

8 hours ago, Noru122 said:

Decided to finally put together most of this Guarma footage I had still sitting on my hard drive from when I was exploring.

Nice, Very cinematic! I did a timelaps of Guarma a while ago, tried to capture the beauty of the entire island.

BallinBallas

I find these graves cool & distinctive, yet out of place and questionable. 

are the number of graves & their locations the same as RDR1? 

DuPz0r
1 hour ago, BallinBallas said:

are the number of graves & their locations the same as RDR1? 

Some of them line up, but i dont think they're 100% the same... Which means it could be a remake of the location.

BallinBallas

Some of them line up, but i dont think they're 100% the same... Which means it could be a remake of the location.

interesting. that small train tunnel nearby is also vastly bigger than the same one in RDR1. I feel like Mexico is more of a unfinished recreation than a simple port like a lot of people think. 

DuPz0r
21 hours ago, BallinBallas said:

interesting. that small train tunnel nearby is also vastly bigger than the same one in RDR1. I feel like Mexico is more of a unfinished recreation than a simple port like a lot of people think. 

Yeah, I've thought this from the start. Many of us said the game is not to the same scale, so it would have needed to have been all rebuilt anyway.

a z

All my research shows that both games are in the same scale.  There's different FOV and player speeds which affect the impression of it.  I suspect the old west was modeled by hand in the last one.  Then they created this fancy landscape generation tech for the second one, giving us al this outside-of-world areas to explore.  This meant some strange process of recreating the old west in the new system with the old mesh as a reference.  So things are a little off in direct comparison.

btw, riding a horse on the last game compared to this one is really different.  It feels like you're on a rocksled in the last game.

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, a z said:

All my research shows that both games are in the same scale.  There's different FOV and player speeds which affect the impression of it.  I suspect the old west was modeled by hand in the last one.  Then they created this fancy landscape generation tech for the second one, giving us al this outside-of-world areas to explore.  This meant some strange process of recreating the old west in the new system with the old mesh as a reference.  So things are a little off in direct comparison.

btw, riding a horse on the last game compared to this one is really different.  It feels like you're on a rocksled in the last game.

Yeah the walking movement is completely different too.

I guess working with the old game mesh as a template makes sense. But looking at the comparisons of the locations, the models are definitely different for the majority of the rocks/hills/mountains of Nuevo.

Edited by DuPz0r

Noru122

The areas that are most visible from looking from New Austin were likely given more updates to the textures/models so it'll fit in better with the updated world. But after exploring and doing that one comparison video, I can tell that Nuevo in early development was likely going to be included but was cut and left unfinished and the focus went to updating what we can see from across the San Luis River.  

XenoJiiva
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, a z said:

That's likely the case. The old map mesh was imported over and updated with their new terrian generation tech. Buildings and props though would have to be recreated from scratch and placed back into the world. Which this could explain why Mexico is missing its structures. With those you can clearly see a size difference between games. 

But like @DuPz0r and @Noru122mentioned, there is enough evidence to show that Mexico was likely planned to be available.

Edited by XenoJiiva

ivarblaauw
Posted (edited)

For the 'Possible Map Additions Thread' I have created a map, which is a combination of the Legendary animals ingame map, the special edition and normal edition map, the locations we found here which were cut and Nuevo Paraiso.

While it features a bit of speculation (in the names), the borders should be mostly correct and the map should be correct lore wise. 
I am not sure if any of you can do anything with it, but it took me quite some time and I think it should be posted here.

*I haven't been able to create any boundaries for the East bank or the south east region, since the information is simply lacking (ingame maps) and I haven't traversed there myself. The North and the east should be mostly correct. Boundaries are literally taken from a combination of documented video's/pictures, ingame maps and the Legendary animals map.

TxGQg4H.jpg

Edited by ivarblaauw