3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

Mapping Red Dead Redemption 2! Landmark Analysis Thread

DuPz0r

The songs are remixed/remastered segments, so it wouldnt be left over from porting Mexico files into the game. They clearly intended to use Mexico in some way and put the remixed version back in the game world.

And not to forget that they added that barking sound effect, which is similar to the monkey and exotic bird sound effects we hear in parts of Guarma's map.

ivarblaauw

What I wonder, is this also the case of Tempest Rim and the out of bounds region north of Annesburg.

Stupid me put sound on low while exploring there 🙄 but didn't remark anything special.

Since we're talking about entire maps being in the game, NP ain't the only region having this. I for one still hope for a future town in the Grizzlies, so we can atleast make any hunting trip worthwile...

DuPz0r

I didn't realize how well fortified the cotton factory was until I tried getting into it lol. And with all the workers roaming around inside of the walls, it does make me wonder if this as going to be for a mission or something...

a z

Some of the smaller interiors which have nothing except walls and floors could have been planned as spawn closets for people. Like how some of the cabins at the Heartlands oil facility have some interior and others don't.  So, some might have never been anything more than shells for people to appear out of. Take a look at the cabin next to the stables north of Van Horn as another example.  The ones that don't have an interior while having what seems to be a locked doors are the ones I'm really curious about.  It's easier to simply remove that whole streamed interior if it was developed as a detailed space.

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)

Yeah that's exactly what i was thinking. Maybe the cotton factory was meant to be used to spawn NPC's and possible even loaded wagons. 

And you're probably right with the whole interiorless space thing, means that things can just be stuck straight in at any point. It wouldnt be the first time R* have added something into a game by mistake and then removed it. That could happen with any build patch, so always keep your eyes peeled! lol

Edited by DuPz0r

Jhonib10

Do you guys remember that someone datamined the app and found some stuff about being able to buy properties in RDO and something like that?

I was thinking, maybe properties will work similar to how bunkers and apartments works in GTAO. Farms and houses wouldn't work in the freeroam, because the ones that exists we can explore inside, and there aren't many places to place a farm for example, so maybe we could (or will) be able to chose a space somewhere outside of the map (mainly the parts that are very detailed) and then chosse a property from the catalog and it would be build on the space we choosed.

They would probably use something to prevent us from getting out the especific space and explore beyond it, and we would have to use some type of fast travel to get in and out of our farm to the main map, but it could end up being something like that.

Maybe I'm overthinking but I'm think it would work.

DuPz0r

I did my best trying to get to the Northwest island... Damn you Tahiti! 

DuPz0r

For those of you that still like exploring outside of the map in Red Dead Online, I found a way to do it with some friends after patch v1.06

AndyGanteks

Hmm, do you think it's possible to do this at that spot in Mantecca Falls where we did the drinking/passing out, just find a good wall or something?

It's an easier access point to both Mexico and Guarma and it might just work, worth a try(alternatively somewhere north of Annesburg just for Guarma, maybe there's a spot too)

Edited by AndyGanteks

_CP_

South-eastern corner of the map:

Coordinates:

x: 12619.68

y: -16310.83

z: 44.74

0_0.jpg

DuPz0r
21 hours ago, AndyGanteks said:

Hmm, do you think it's possible to do this at that spot in Mantecca Falls where we did the drinking/passing out, just find a good wall or something?

It's an easier access point to both Mexico and Guarma and it might just work, worth a try(alternatively somewhere north of Annesburg just for Guarma, maybe there's a spot too)

Not sure Guarma is accessible anymore online. Unless we find a new way there that is.

The mysterious man on Mt Hagen! Can you identify him?

AndyGanteks
2 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

Not sure Guarma is accessible anymore online. Unless we find a new way there that is.

We can go there using your newly found out of map glitch now can we. It'll just take a long long while on foot but hey... :p

Edited by AndyGanteks

Penicuikscotland2010

Did they patch the alcohol glitch to get into Mexico?. It's been a while so haven't kept up. 

DuPz0r
7 hours ago, AndyGanteks said:

We can go there using your newly found out of map glitch now can we. It'll just take a long long while on foot but hey... :p

You can use your horse. But Guarma isnt accessible anymore. you hit a blackscreen of death and respawn in St Denis online now...

4 hours ago, Penicuikscotland2010 said:

Did they patch the alcohol glitch to get into Mexico?. It's been a while so haven't kept up. 

The Alcohol method still works in single player. :)

AndyGanteks
2 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

You can use your horse. But Guarma isnt accessible anymore. you hit a blackscreen of death and respawn in St Denis online now...

What if we go manually and hit that invisible hill and just walk into it rather than falling in, will we avoid the black screen/will guarma load?

edit: Also, we tried to lasso someone up, but the invisible wall wouldn't let him in ffs, thanks rockstar.

edit2: at least an auto save i made in armadillo with arthur before the last patch had me load and spawn in the middle of cholla springs(sniper was there shortly after though https://streamable.com/0dg5q)

Edited by AndyGanteks

DuPz0r
On 2/26/2019 at 9:13 PM, DuPz0r said:

I got under Guarma. Had a look around. 

PS_Messages_20190226_211153.jpg

PS_Messages_20190226_210744.jpg

Edited by DuPz0r

DuPz0r

I finished my animal spawn data for outside of the map. Went around the entire map on three occasions.

gRtxekY.jpg

a z

An automated systems must've did an intial spawn placement pass over the whole game which is why there's spots outside of the world edges.

It's too bad Mexico didn't have any spawns.  Even if they were stationary like the others, it would've added something to that place.  That makes me feel Mexico was purposely wiped before release, all and any content except for plants manually erased.

SneakyDeaky
1 hour ago, DuPz0r said:

I finished my animal spawn data for outside of the map. Went around the entire map on three occasions.

gRtxekY.jpg

That's amazing work. I can tell how time-consuming it was. I'm so glad this thread is still so alive, thanks in big part to you and all your constant contributions to charting the "out of bounds" world.

a z

I've been considering the long task of mapping the real edge of world line.  Big areas like Tempest Rim aren't accessible despite what the map borders suggest.

This was my quick 10-minute test based on memory using DuPz0R's map...   Also considering marking off areas within the map you can't reach, like the Three Sisters peaks.

cKN660S.jpg

I agree -- pin-dotting those spawn spots are time consuming!

I found this other forum where someone pin dotted a ton of Plants.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/essential-crafting-herbs-map.1756740/

Edited by alz

DuPz0r

Nice one alz. Should we concider that the "soft edge" of the map? Anyone willing to map the terrain outside of that up to the "hard edge" which is where the mesh becomes unsolid.

I've been thinking about it myself, but cartographing it would be so time consuming, i'm not sure i want to spend that much time on it. Unless there's a way to fake the cartograph in photoshop from a basic depth map which i can hand paint.

Also, unlike the animal spawns, which i came to the conclusion were spawn "zones" rather than points. The plants i found are specific points on the map that always spawn there, outside of the map. That i find strange. You'd think that they would be carefully hand selected points by the lead environment artist/level designer... That leads me to believe that the boundaries for the game were still kind of fluid until the final stages of the game.

Edited by DuPz0r

DuPz0r

I found a new out of the map spot after the new patch. Apparently, my last one for Arthur to get to Guarma was patched or stopped working for some people, so this was my response to that one no longer working.

On the mapping side of things, I think I may have found a way to quickly create Topography lines instead of cartographing them by hand. All I have to do it paint the mounds on the map where I see them, and I can generate them into topography.

mmSIiqi.jpg

Obviously mapping in general is time consuming, and mappng the entire outter map would still take a very long time. But this would half that time at the very least.

Edited by DuPz0r