3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

Mapping Red Dead Redemption 2! Landmark Analysis Thread

a z

Do you know where on that map the second island was and roughly the size or shape?

(I'd double like all your posts if I could!)

Bobby West
On 2/25/2019 at 7:59 PM, DuPz0r said:

Nice one thanks. I found it, and know exactly where it is now. It is located just under Guarma on the edge of the map. Pretty close to where that shark spawns. And for some reason, those palm trees look like GTA V trees. Could the Tigershark be linked to those assets? I wonder...

PS_Messages_20190226_015355.jpg

LocationofUndermap.jpg

GuarmaUnderMap.jpg

Someday when you're really bored you should catalogue this one via video on your YouTube channel. You've got all these secret areas most people never explore and I think some people would find this type of thing interesting.

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, alz said:

Do you know where on that map the second island was and roughly the size or shape?

(I'd double like all your posts if I could!)

The second Island is North West of Guarma, and is much larger. I tried to get to it, and i ended up in NP/NA as it goes beyond that. It's just North of New Austin. But as soon as you get to NA the map fully switches back, so i don't know if you can even reach it.

Edited by DuPz0r

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 8:33 PM, Bobby West said:

Someday when you're really bored you should catalogue this one via video on your YouTube channel. You've got all these secret areas most people never explore and I think some people would find this type of thing interesting.

I was actually working on editing it together when you posted that! lol. I have loads of half finished videos sitting on my HDD.

Here's the finished video:

Edited by DuPz0r

TexasOdysseus

Hey y'alll...been a long time! Love all the glitching videos and exploration. 

So I'll be honest, not my speed and I'm still on first story (yeah, like I said ages ago, I don't have time to plow through games and such), but am still visually in love with this game so much. 

I don't know if it's been contemplated yet, but I have to think (hope) that Guarma will be part of a single player DLC. It's far too fleshed in and finished out to have only played such a small role and be otherwise--in non-glitching sort of terms--unexplorable. 

Anyone else have a hunch on map-related locations that R* might have deliberately held back on for the sake of future DLCs?

Anyone know where this place is:

trailer1_002.jpg

DuPz0r

That's the rolling hills of the Heartlands/Cumberland i believe. That's the twin stack to the left of the image.

I found a new spot to exit the map, that's close to the Lannahechee river!

Bobby West
7 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

That's the rolling hills of the Heartlands/Cumberland i believe. That's the twin stack to the left of the image.

Hard to tell from the video, but does that spot put you on the East side of the river or do you still have to cross it by horse?

DuPz0r

No, West side unfortunately. But still the closest point to the river yet.

Se7en-Rus
On 3/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, DuPz0r said:

Hidden beach, palm trees, tiger shark… Tahiti leftovers?

a z
11 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

I remember trying this a couple months ago with no success.  It's great to see you found the magic placement!

(I still haven't updated v1.06 even though I have a camp-out-of-bounds savegame)

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)

Fastest way to get Arthur back to Guarma. This is much clearer than my last glitch video, which I stupidly recorded at night, which made it hard to see.

Edited by DuPz0r

_CP_
Posted (edited)

So, I was able to swim out of the border as well as @DuPz0r, kudos for showing a boat trick.

GI3UN06h.jpg

NbXQj80h.jpg

FVXTz4Ch.jpg

That's indeed 23/57.

SCzUfrah.jpg

NE edge of the map, coords: X=12845.01 Y=8363.83 Z=44.73
0_0.jpg

Edited by _CP_

DuPz0r
28 minutes ago, _CP_ said:

So, I was able to swim out of the border as well as @DuPz0r, kudos for showing a boat trick.

GI3UN06h.jpg

It's much bigger than you can imagine when you do it yourself isn't it?! I sped up and cut video to watchable parts. In reality, it took hours to get all the way around ths

_CP_

Much much bigger. Boat is slow as hell but it's still better than nothing. Next time I'll try to go east directly.

DuPz0r

Had to go check out Kerosene & Tar, post-story...

Se7en-Rus
16 hours ago, _CP_ said:

NE edge of the map, coords: X=12845.01 Y=8363.83 Z=44.73

Interesting find. I had the idea to take photos and look for coordinates of each map corner myself in order to calculate the whole world area, but encountered some weird glitch on Lannahachee River the other day. Since I’m on the latest update, so I decided it was some kind of new barrier implemented in 1.06 and turned back. Barely got out of there alive :lol:

DuPz0r
1 hour ago, Se7en-Rus said:

Interesting find. I had the idea to take photos and look for coordinates of each map corner myself in order to calculate the whole world area, but encountered some weird glitch on Lannahachee River the other day. Since I’m on the latest update, so I decided it was some kind of new barrier implemented in 1.06 and turned back. Barely got out of there alive :lol:

Concider that a blessing in disguise. That canoe would have taken you half a day (IRL) to get around the map. The steamboat, as slow as it seems, is still twice as fast as the canoe.

Weird glitch though lol

AndyGanteks

Nice, we got canoe hydraulics with 1.06

DuPz0r

I'm currently collecting data on animal/horse/plant spawns outside of the map since we don't really have any data on it. We all know the odd general location to grab a horse, but not much else. Hopefully this will be helpful to us in some way, and well, it is the "mapping thread" after all.

QhzHvNj.jpg

Click external for larger image.

I've found that the horse spots are pretty random, but they are still within a radius, so they are more like "spawn zones" rather than the traditional "spawn point". More data is still needed though.

Here's a little video of some of the most reliable horse spots i've found.

ivarblaauw

@DuPz0r don't there spawn Pronghorns and/or Bighorns to the north of the Sea of Coronado? 

a z
1 hour ago, DuPz0r said:

I'm currently collecting data on animal/horse/plant spawns outside of the map since we don't really have any data on it. We all know the odd general location to grab a horse, but not much else. Hopefully this will be helpful to us in some way, and well, it is the "mapping thread" after all.

Click external for larger image.

I've found that the horse spots are pretty random, but they are still within a radius, so they are more like "spawn zones" rather than the traditional "spawn point". More data is still needed though.

Here's a little video of some of the most reliable horse spots i've found.

You found all the general spots I saw.  The ones north of New Austin were the lastest ones I found.

Have you been able to map the real borders of the game world?  So a new map that sections off Tempest Rim, for example.  I was playing around with that idea and haven't gotten to it yet.  It's actually bizarrely misrepresentative for Rockstar to draw an outline where you can play and then block off a major portion.

Dark Rosewood Varnish

Off topic from all the out of map boundaries you guys are discussing but looking at the map has anyone ever wondered how it's even possible to sail to places like Guarma/other countries/continents when theres no possible route out to international waters. Ships leaving from Saint Denis cant go west because once they sail past blackwater they'd be forced to head towards Manteca falls which of course wouldn't be possible to bypass. The whole map is pretty much land locked all the way up to the north eastern corner past Annesburg so it's left me wondering how exactly can ships sail out to open seas. 

DuPz0r
18 minutes ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

Off topic from all the out of map boundaries you guys are discussing but looking at the map has anyone ever wondered how it's even possible to sail to places like Guarma/other countries/continents when theres no possible route out to international waters. Ships leaving from Saint Denis cant go west because once they sail past blackwater they'd be forced to head towards Manteca falls which of course wouldn't be possible to bypass. The whole map is pretty much land locked all the way up to the north eastern corner past Annesburg so it's left me wondering how exactly can ships sail out to open seas. 

On 2/18/2019 at 2:03 PM, DuPz0r said:

Spot on. It's the East coastline of the map!

Here's my first part of the voyage. I'll probably do a smaller cut down version of the bay at some point, just because this voyage took me 5 hours out of my sleep time! 😂

Bobby West

This is probably a dumb question, and I’m guessing the answer is no - but when you take a steamboat to Guarma and save the game does it let you keep the steamboat when you reload?

DuPz0r

Nope, horses though, i think they might save if you leave them outside of the main bay.

Jhonib10

Aren't these songs from RDR1? they sound very familiar...

But if they are new, than maybe, just maybe...

Sadie in Mexico DLC! (if a dlc do exists I would bet an announcement at the end of the year and release early 2020, since I belive they would want to get the online out of beta first and I think this is gonna happen sometime in june/july)

_CP_

Parts of that specific score comes from RDR1, such as Born Unto Trouble.

Dark Rosewood Varnish

They probably won't but I really hope Rockstar do an Asked & Answered for RDR2 and give some insight as to why theres all this extra map and unique music triggering in parts of the map that are meant to be unplayable. 

a z

Rockstar most likely built this area on their older version of Mexico.  So artists replaced the meshes, while keeping the streaming infrastructure.  By keeping that tech element, it probably meant keeping some baseline elements or even forgetting to strip out all previous game elements.  So... ya get some audio echos from the previous game.