3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

Mapping Red Dead Redemption 2! Landmark Analysis Thread

DuPz0r

Wait how did you get all the way out to Guarma without loading Guarma in? just roamed around NA then East without hitting the Guarma map edge? Maybe you did walk over the Island in the distance without loading it in if that's the case...

Edited by DuPz0r

Bobby West
3 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

Wait how did you get all the way out to Guarma without loading Guarma in? just roamed around NA then East without hitting the Guarma map edge? Maybe you did walk over the Island in the distance without loading it in if that's the case...

I copied this guy's video. Starts around 57 minutes in. You just endlessly fall in the southern direction until you reach solid land. As you can kind of see, the closer you get to the dark palm trees, the more things start to load in. After all that falling and you finally land, if you walk East toward the floating rock from my video it starts to load in more dark-colored land. You'll eventually fall again, but you can fall in that direction and eventually more of the island will load in with that dark-colored shadow texture. Like I said, I didn't get a chance to explore it, but it was solid so if you could land there and live you might get to wander around.

a z

Funny coincidence... I did this lastnight a bit further west.  Traveled all the way around from the north campsite glitch to south of Mexico.  Fell through the world but the game considered it death and respawned me in New Austin.

DuPz0r
2 hours ago, Bobby West said:

I copied this guy's video. Starts around 57 minutes in. You just endlessly fall in the southern direction until you reach solid land. As you can kind of see, the closer you get to the dark palm trees, the more things start to load in. After all that falling and you finally land, if you walk East toward the floating rock from my video it starts to load in more dark-colored land. You'll eventually fall again, but you can fall in that direction and eventually more of the island will load in with that dark-colored shadow texture. Like I said, I didn't get a chance to explore it, but it was solid so if you could land there and live you might get to wander around.

Nice one thanks. I found it, and know exactly where it is now. It is located just under Guarma on the edge of the map. Pretty close to where that shark spawns. And for some reason, those palm trees look like GTA V trees. Could the Tigershark be linked to those assets? I wonder...

PS_Messages_20190226_015355.jpg

LocationofUndermap.jpg

GuarmaUnderMap.jpg

Bobby West
59 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

Nice one thanks. I found it, and know exactly where it is now. It is located just under Guarma on the edge of the map. Pretty close to where that shark spawns. And for some reason, those palm trees look like GTA V trees. Could the Tigershark be linked to those assets? I wonder...

PS_Messages_20190226_015355.jpg

LocationofUndermap.jpg

GuarmaUnderMap.jpg

That's cool so it is Guarma after all! Kind of disappointed it isn't some new area but also happy to know you found its location so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Were you able to get over over to the land from down there without making Guarma spawn?

a z

Looks like a backstage developer section.  There could be others like this or maybe this one wasn't scrubbed out because of how far away it is from activity.

DuPz0r

_CP_

Good news, drinking glitch still works 

tobdog
35 minutes ago, _CP_ said:

Good news, drinking glitch still works 

Seems like this new "patch" changed nothing in SP.

AndyGanteks

Well thats good to hear, the next patch won't be before April the earliest, so we're good to go for more explorin'.

edit: What about the first person and lantern in both SP and O, and generally out of map in RDO though.

Edited by AndyGanteks

DuPz0r

I guess I'll go be the guineapig then lol. I want to know either way anyway.

Version 1.06 Exploration Glitches (StoryMode)

Patched:

*Tempest Rim access camp no longer reachable without a save (needs more testing, since I had a camp there already, so after pulling it down it wouldn't go back there).

*The Mission that allows you to Freeroam NA as Arthur (& Marston) has been patched from what I've heard here. Confirmation?

Unpatched:

*Tempest Rim access camp still exists. Save files still load there.

*Pass-out drunk/Out of Map glitch still works in Manteca Falls.

*Guarma still accessible.

*Oil lamp/Gun Wall Breach working.

*Large Steamboats still obtainable.

*Out of Map via Lannahechee River doable.

...still testing.

Edited by DuPz0r

Bobby West
1 hour ago, DuPz0r said:

I guess I'll go be the guineapig then lol. I want to know either way anyway.

Version 1.06 Exploration Glitches (StoryMode)

Patched:

*Tempest Rim access camp no longer reachable without a save (needs more testing, since I had a camp there already, so after pulling it down it wouldn't go back there).

Unpatched:

*Tempest Rim access camp still exists. Save files still load there.

*Pass-out drunk/Out of Map glitch still works in Manteca Falls.

*Guarma still accessible.

*Oil lamp/Gun Wall Breach working.

*Large Steamboats still obtainable.

*Out of Map via Lannahechee River doable.

...still testing.

Do you mean that after you do the glitch up there with the camping you could save and when you reload the save he'd still be up there? And now they doesn't work? Guess I'll be staying offline.

DuPz0r

Yes, that particular camping spot that is unreachable on foot, considered "outside of the map" near Barrow Lagoon. Where you could trot on up to Tempest Rim and leave the map. You could save at it and reload from it. I have a save there still, after the update.

So after loading in, I tore down the camp and dropped back into the map. Now when I try to set up camp just near it, it puts me on a hill Southwest of Barrow Lagoon Instead.

Cutter De Blanc

I found that campsite, it feels like a "f*ck you" directly to me.

But they didn't fix the lantern glitch 

What the f*ck

Priorities!?

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

DuPz0r

I got under Guarma. Had a look around. Didn't really find anything of interest though.

PS_Messages_20190226_211153.jpg

PS_Messages_20190226_210744.jpg

Bobby West
1 hour ago, DuPz0r said:

Yes, that particular camping spot that is unreachable on foot, considered "outside of the map" near Barrow Lagoon. Where you could trot on up to Tempest Rim and leave the map. You could save at it and reload from it. I have a save there still, after the update.

So after loading in, I tore down the camp and dropped back into the map. Now when I try to set up camp just near it, it puts me on a hill Southwest of Barrow Lagoon Instead.

Good old C*ck-blockStar. I miss when single player games couldn't be changed. Companies had to do a good job the first time.

10 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

I got under Guarma. Had a look around. Didn't really find anything of interest though.

PS_Messages_20190226_211153.jpg

PS_Messages_20190226_210744.jpg

I have no clue how you managed to get under the island, but it is impressive all the same. I'm sure there are still plenty of secret places to find unless R* already patched them all out.

DuPz0r
10 hours ago, Bobby West said:

Good old C*ck-blockStar. I miss when single player games couldn't be changed. Companies had to do a good job the first time.

I have no clue how you managed to get under the island, but it is impressive all the same. I'm sure there are still plenty of secret places to find unless R* already patched them all out.

I forced the steamboat in under the map where the shark spawns. It is 100% the same spot as the underground beach assets. I was looking for them when Guarma had loaded in, but couldnt see them. 

Still find it really strange how it's underwater level.

I'd so laugh if they started RDR2 by opening a build of GTA V. Deleted all the assets, and then started building RDR2. But accidentially left a bit of the beach from GTA V behind, including the shark.

DuPz0r

DuPz0r

Made some tweaks to the "Fastest way to Guarma" glitch. Should be able to get there in under 10 minutes now...

AndyGanteks

So they patched the Bronte mission glitch?

What about going to NA during the mission(which we discovered sort of recently)

Edited by AndyGanteks

Cutter De Blanc
2 hours ago, AndyGanteks said:

So they patched the Bronte mission glitch?

What about going to NA during the mission(which we discovered sort of recently)

I assume so, since they didn't actually fix anything, they just made it impossible to fail the optional objective 

_CP_

Nicely done @DuPz0r . Now tell us, how could we avoid invisible sniper in Aguasdulces?

DuPz0r
2 hours ago, _CP_ said:

Nicely done @DuPz0r . Now tell us, how could we avoid invisible sniper in Aguasdulces?

I have never had issues with soldiers/snipers unless I pull my gun out in the Red Zones. Also don't antagonize local villagers. Once you've activated the sniper once, it stays. So make sure you just behave inside of the main story areas.

Edited by DuPz0r

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)

After more time than I wish to share, I got into the mutant banjo player's house in Butcher Creek... There's actually props in there!

Edited by DuPz0r

Bobby West
2 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

After more time than I wish to share, I got into the mutant banjo player's house in Butcher Creek... There's actually props in there!

I’m starting to find that this glitch works better when you use a shotgun instead of a pistol. Still not that easy but I’ve had a little more success that way.

DuPz0r
6 hours ago, Bobby West said:

I’m starting to find that this glitch works better when you use a shotgun instead of a pistol. Still not that easy but I’ve had a little more success that way.

I've figured out that you can force entry of some hard-to-get places, using buggies, stagecoaches and even by standing behind NPC's close to walls.

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)

Most of you here know how to get back from Guarma, but I keep getting messages from people asking how to get back without dying or being shot, so they can collect the animal data. So this is how I do it. A quick & easy guide to leaving Guarma back to the Mainland.

And here's how to get Arthur Morgan back to Guarma after the recent patch.

Edited by DuPz0r

Bobby West

I finally did the duproz steamboat glitch out of the map and spent longer than I'd like to admit (>2 hours) going straight North. Never did get anything but ocean, so I think it goes on forever.

DuPz0r

Nice. I had a feeling it would go on forever, i treid for an hour once.

I think i have found a new passout spot, but i need to test it more, it's a little unpredictable at the moment. I need to tweak it a bit more.

DuPz0r
Posted (edited)

I have just discovered that Guarma's Southwest Sub-island is reachable and traversable! 

I landed the boat roughly from this angle and traversed up to the peak just under Mexico's endless terrain.

islandlanding.jpg

Also, this wouldn't be a mapping thread if I didn't chart Guarma's Map Boundaries. Here's the line where the game decides to load in or unload Guarma's Island Mesh.

Guarma_Map_boundaries.jpg

Edited by DuPz0r