4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

Mapping Red Dead Redemption 2! Landmark Analysis Thread

a z
52 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I wonder if there are any other secret "out of map" campsites like the one in the mountains

Would be great to camp in Mexico

I've been meaning to mark all camps in the world.  The difficult part aside from actually scouting is trying to determine the distances and shape from each camp determining which one you teleport to.

a z

After playing the previous RDR lastnight, it reminded me of all the building standing and ruined.   Many don't even exist in the current game, while others offer no change imy condition.  Tumbleweed had the right idea!

This mix mash of world design thought makes New Austin in RDR2 feel like it's sometimes a decade later or only a year later.  A really huge loss in potential history, continuity, and mystery.

I would pay full prive for a remaster, more so if they weren't afraid of making drastic improvements and buildings... such as having buildings under construction at Thieves Landing for example.

That said, the nature of Thieves Landing is a place that once started as a normal town which devolved into a place for outlaws. So that's at least a decade of structures and business.  Founded no later than 1895?

Jhonib10

I was rethinking, maybe only part of Guarma would have been explorable, like the region surrounding Le Vitaj, El Hueco and Cinco Torres (the places that looks more finished than the others), El Volcán could have been just a landmark we could see in the distance.

But still, they did create the full land of the island...🤔

Edited by Jhonib10
typo

Oldsport
4 hours ago, alz said:

After playing the previous RDR lastnight, it reminded me of all the building standing and ruined.   Many don't even exist in the current game, while others offer no change imy condition.  Tumbleweed had the right idea!

This mix mash of world design thought makes New Austin in RDR2 feel like it's sometimes a decade later or only a year later.  A really huge loss in potential history, continuity, and mystery.

I would pay full prive for a remaster, more so if they weren't afraid of making drastic improvements and buildings... such as having buildings under construction at Thieves Landing for example.

That said, the nature of Thieves Landing is a place that once started as a normal town which devolved into a place for outlaws. So that's at least a decade of structures and business.  Founded no later than 1895?

i was so disappointed with thieves landing in rdr2, so much potential smh that was my fav place in the original and the only place i was looking forward to seeing when first beat the game. 

DuPz0r

I've just discovered something awesome. This isn't Guarma.

PS_Messages_20190218_001154.jpg

Video coming soon!

Edited by DuPz0r

Oldsport
6 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

Video coming soon!

can you drivr that boat in single player? how so?

ivarblaauw
7 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

Video coming soon!

wait... There are more shore lines? :O Dupzor you are truly a gift from heaven.

Anyway, it seems like the east coast of Mexico, is that true?

AndyGanteks

At this point i'm just waiting for Dupzor to discover there's a finished Nuevo Paraiso somewhere under Guarma(s) ready to go live in the next update. :p

MarlboroMan1995

It’s only a matter of time before @DuPz0r finds Atlantis. 

Deadman2112

Nm

Edited by Deadman2112

DuPz0r
5 hours ago, ivarblaauw said:

wait... There are more shore lines? :O Dupzor you are truly a gift from heaven.

Anyway, it seems like the east coast of Mexico, is that true?

Spot on. It's the East coastline of the map!

Here's my first part of the voyage. I'll probably do a smaller cut down version of the bay at some point, just because this voyage took me 5 hours out of my sleep time! 😂

Apart from the huge bay and shorelines, i noticed this strange marking on one of the cliffs. It might be nothing, but there were no other markings like this anywhere else.

PS_Messages_20190218_141101.jpg

35jtHy4.jpg

It kind of looked like 23 of 57 and an arrow handwritten on the wall or something. It looks better in the footage than this still i took i think.

timestamp:

Edited by DuPz0r

_CP_

I didn't have such a luck to spawn this particular steamboat on the Lannahachee River, only bigger ones which i couldn't steal.

Arthur Bell

Damn this really does feel like the Truman show now. Can't wait to watch your current expedition.

Jhonib10

I'm telling you guys, it's just a matter of time before he finds Red Dead Redemption 3 Hidden somewhere 😆
Jokes aside, can you show us the location of that shore on the map? I wish I had some theory about what this place could be but honestly,I don't have ideia.

Maybe Lemoyne would be bigger and actually be connected with the ocean like the real life Louisiana instead of a river, and have some beaches along the shore?...
...but, the leaked map destroy this theory, so I really don't know what to think.
What about you guys? 

DuPz0r

PS_Messages_20190218_194301.jpg

PS_Messages_20190218_194303.jpg

DCEGDmX.jpg

Edited by DuPz0r

codedoddertdervbs

@DuPz0r and any others who are able to explore far out of the regular map, would it be possible to for one of you to create an extended game map with the shape of shorelines, and any other discovered landmarks?

Jhonib10
1 hour ago, DuPz0r said:

PS_Messages_20190218_194301.jpg

PS_Messages_20190218_194303.jpg

DCEGDmX.jpg

Rockstar did an amazing job giving the illusion that the world goes infinite on the horizon

SneakyDeaky
5 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

Thank you for mapping Red Dead Redemption 3 so we don't need a new map thread next time...!🤠

Maddened_Ghost

So with all your exploring ... have you found .. uuhhh

77aj9nf9twx11.jpg?width=599&auto=webp&s=

?

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

Oldsport

i wish they wouldve made blackwater a little bigger in this game to rival st denis

DuPz0r

Here's part 2, where I travel further down the East edge and then along the south edge of the map.

Some screenshots of the Southern Shore:

8Vw4Qx3.jpg

QcrZP9l.jpg

GLmMrPG.jpg

Edited by DuPz0r

Arthur Bell

Somewhere, I have faith that Dutch had a body double that looked like him but uglier in 1911, so he faked his death and finally made it to Tahiti.

He now needs money to put poison in the food to have the resort shut down when he finds salt on his margarita glass.

Jhonib10

I was just reading an interview with Roger Clark and he said this:

"One thing I will say, you know, there were certain narrative things that kind of changed as the character developed throughout the writing and filming of everything. A circumstance happened rather early on in the game that gave Arthur a lot of anger and frustration, and then when we decided to cut that a lot the anger and frustration didn’t make sense, and he just came across as a pretty grumpy fellow. So we went back and changed some things because of that, but ultimately it served the story a little better, and it made Arthur a little more ambiguous at the beginning."

Link

Could this mean New Austin or Blackwater being the real chapter 1 as many of us have thought about?

a z

Exactly what I was thinking!  Cause and Effect for a failed Blackwater off screen can confuse the starting player.

(ugh, even more reason why I want to see the original story... there's so many holes and pointers to Blackwater that never pay off)

Sort of like cutting the whole Star Destroyer scene in Star Wars 4 and jumping straight to the Droids trying to find a place to go on the desert planet.  It'd feel weird.

Edited by alz

DuPz0r

I wish they did a deleted scenes bonus video with collectors edition or something. There's a lot that didnt make it into the game i believe...

DuPz0r

The final part of my world voyage! Finally lol

westworld.jpg

Westworld2.jpg

Westworld3.jpg

Edited by DuPz0r

lizlemon

Has anyone tried breaching into the churches? In particular the cathedral and run down church in Denis? I'd try myself but I wont get the chance to play for a few weeks, and there is a good chance R* will patch the revolver/light glitch pronto. 

tobdog
2 minutes ago, lizlemon said:

Has anyone tried breaching into the churches? In particular the cathedral and run down church in Denis? I'd try myself but I wont get the chance to play for a few weeks, and there is a good chance R* will patch the revolver/light glitch pronto. 

I tried but couldn't. Pretty sure nothing interesting there since other churches didn't have anything inside.

Cutter De Blanc
4 minutes ago, lizlemon said:

Valentine, Rhodes and Blackwater don't have an interior, as I recall I couldn't get into Tumbleweed's

Deadman2112
10 minutes ago, tobdog said:

I tried but couldn't. Pretty sure nothing interesting there since other churches didn't have anything inside.

Sucks.

...really wanted to see it's interior

Edited by Deadman2112