Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

Mapping Red Dead Redemption 2! Landmark Analysis Thread

Recommended Posts

Jutland

@DuPz0r that is such a beautiful, beautiful video.

 

It is like someone ferrying themselves across the river Styx into the afterlife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z
4 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

 

Super fabulous!  I love your choice in music, heh.  I noticed when I was playing a bag on a library shelf that glows in Eagle Vision (at 3:48).  I've seen this FX on a different large box for cigarettes a couple other places too.  Both glow with no noticeable interaction.

 

Have you thought about the Mayor's house next?  I can't think of any other major interior locations you can see but can't get into in Saint Denis. 

 

Side note... it's interesting and strange how none of the churches have any interiors in this game, whereas in the last one they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

You can break the front window in the mayors house and just climb in, you don't need to glitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r

Yeah i've looked around it, but as you say it doesnt need the glitch. I'm working on something cool at the moment, hoping to get a good polished run before i make a video though, since at the moment it's rough around the edges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z
2 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

You can break the front window in the mayors house and just climb in, you don't need to glitch

So much inconsistency with window breakage.  I gave up on trying after several failed attempts elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby West

I'm posting this for someone smarter than me to figure out. I think if someone can figure out how this glitch happened then there are some HUGE possibilities.

 

 

 

Edited by Bobby West

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby West

Okay, so I watched the video a couple more times and I think it might have something to do with the Snake Oil he takes immediately before dying. If you look at around 14 seconds in the video, the Snake Oil icon pops up after the reload screen. Maybe since that item is directly related to something visual it has an impact on the camera settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z

Wow!  I'd love to be able to fly around. It looked like you were tethered to youread player and not completely free flying?  Also, the camera collected with terrain and isn't a true "Ghost mode" ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deadman2112

Yeah I've seen the camera glitch like this one other time. Not sure what caused it either but yeah it's not like free flight and the cam is still locked to the player, but it will stay like that till you move the character after the respawn.

 

I was in the north by the mountains when it happened but I wasn't available to move the camera as far as he did, but it did move similar.

 

The best way I can describe how it moved was...

It felt similar to the GTAV editor, how if you had the camera set to player lock and then moved it out to the max radius.

 

Edited by Deadman2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby West

Another instance (sort of).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThroatSlasher2

Anybody can tell me if the rubble of that house that explodes near Tumbleweed is still there? It's gone from mine, there ain't a trace left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irv310

I seem the natives south of the map in the mexico side. I encounter them north of macfarlane’s ranch after the epilogue outside of map boundary. I definitely dont think its a spawn glitch like people are saying. I guess they’re keeping an eye on us after all.

 https://youtu.be/a_7BHk0lgCI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z
1 hour ago, ThroatSlasher2 said:

Anybody can tell me if the rubble of that house that explodes near Tumbleweed is still there? It's gone from mine, there ain't a trace left.

It's gone. I saw it blow up again last night on a 3rd play thru.  It's another strange, why... Rockstar event?  If it wasn't for the official guide, I wouldn't have known it was an Alchemist's house and the reason it blew up.  I wonder what mission this was originally part of cut before the game was released. 

 

There's not anything of significance in the one loot box there either.  It's supposed to have a Recipe for explosive stuff.  At this point in the game you've already purchased all Recipes however... Why put something like that way over in an area you can't reach until the end of the game?

 

Considering there's other destroyed and crumbling buildings in New Austin with no explanation, I would've rather had this event been placed into one of those buildings.  Then you'd have insight why it's blown up in the previous game.   Does the rubble of this house exist in the previous game?  Hmm....

 

17 minutes ago, Irv310 said:

I seem the natives south of the map in the mexico side. I encounter them north of macfarlane’s ranch after the epilogue outside of map boundary. I definitely dont think its a spawn glitch like people are saying. I guess they’re keeping an eye on us after all.

 https://youtu.be/a_7BHk0lgCI

Ah, I saw those too one time a couple months ago!  I forgot about that until you posted it.

Edited by alz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z

I overlayed the original leaked map with what we finally got in game.  Surprisingly a lot of the names matched and helped confirm the original names.

  • There's 5 places I couldn't match
  • Red arrows are where original places moved to
  • Red dot outlines show the original land borders
  • Blue dot outlines show the original water borders
  • Purple dot outlines are the original State borders
  • Light violet shapes are where rivers originally went

 

2 of those 5 purple text locations were ones that changed over time.  Maybe the other ones were originally going to evolve throughout the game too?  

 

There's a lot of other neat information inferred from this map with what we know today and the types of locations.  It feels like a lot of these tertiary places were demoted to simple backdrop locations or quick loot places.

 

In Saint Denis where I wrote "Prinz & Co Slaughterhouse" could be the "McKnight Freight Company" complex.  It's a significantly large playspace never used.

 

Thumbnail view of the Spoiler wrapper below.

WMzhyej.jpg

 

Open the image in a new tab for even more resolution.

Spoiler

ORjLdKv.jpg

 

UPDATED IMAGE with Fort Riggs and Prinz & Co Slaughterhouse

Edited by alz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc
1 hour ago, alz said:

 

I still can't figure out the one next to Fort Riggs.  There's the unlabeled spot just northeast of it where you rescued Sean I'm pointing it to.

 

It says Fort Riggs Holding Camp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyGanteks

That's great, have you gone with it to where the Sharks spawn, see how they behave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a z

Impressive exploration again!

 

I don't know you could pilot the larger boats.  So many gameplay possibilities they could've done with those like fishing locations and ship to ship pirate fights.  

 

In the past I've used the smaller steam boat.  The one with the exposed moving parts.  Have you tried that in your travels?

 

In your past or future Guarma runs, can you point out onscreen where the towns could have been based on the leaked map?  I sort of remember you mentioning you found how it may have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r
16 minutes ago, AndyGanteks said:

That's great, have you gone with it to where the Sharks spawn, see how they behave?

I took a look around and waited for a bit, didnt manage to get it in sight unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r
1 hour ago, alz said:

Impressive exploration again!

 

I don't know you could pilot the larger boats.  So many gameplay possibilities they could've done with those like fishing locations and ship to ship pirate fights.  

 

In the past I've used the smaller steam boat.  The one with the exposed moving parts.  Have you tried that in your travels?

 

In your past or future Guarma runs, can you point out onscreen where the towns could have been based on the leaked map?  I sort of remember you mentioning you found how it may have been.

Yeah that small steamboat is just out of bounds for the glitch, it doesnt come out far enough into the river unfortunately.

 

Yeah i was hoping to use the leaked Guarma map as reference in my next video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jhonib10
18 hours ago, alz said:

I overlayed the original leaked map with what we finally got in game.  Surprisingly a lot of the names matched and helped confirm the original names.

  • There's 5 places I couldn't match
  • Red arrows are where original places moved to
  • Red dot outlines show the original land borders
  • Blue dot outlines show the original water borders
  • Purple dot outlines are the original State borders
  • Light violet shapes are where rivers originally went

 

2 of those 5 purple text locations were ones that changed over time.  Maybe the other ones were originally going to evolve throughout the game too?  

 

There's a lot of other neat information inferred from this map with what we know today and the types of locations.  It feels like a lot of these tertiary places were demoted to simple backdrop locations or quick loot places.

 

In Saint Denis where I wrote "Prinz & Co Slaughterhouse" could be the "McKnight Freight Company" complex.  It's a significantly large playspace never used.

 

Thumbnail view of the Spoiler wrapper below.

WMzhyej.jpg

 

Open the image in a new tab for even more resolution.

  Reveal hidden contents

ORjLdKv.jpg

 

UPDATED IMAGE with Fort Riggs and Prinz & Co Slaughterhouse

Wow, does this mean the map we get in the end is smaller than this "beta" one? It feels like it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby West
1 hour ago, Jhonib10 said:

Wow, does this mean the map we get in the end is smaller than this "beta" one? It feels like it is

I guess technically it is smaller, and tempest rim looks to have been accessible at one point as well. If the map had never leaked we'd have never known the difference. 

 

If you consider that we can glitch out of the map they are probably roughly the same size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby West

I apologized if it seems like I'm spamming this topic, I just really want to figure this out. Here is a glitch where the camera goes high above the map and let's you walk around with it that way .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r
1 hour ago, Bobby West said:

I apologized if it seems like I'm spamming this topic, I just really want to figure this out. Here is a glitch where the camera goes high above the map and let's you walk around with it that way .

 

 

I've actually encountered this glitch myself whilst i was tigershark hunting in Guarma. Standing in a specific spot it just goes into birdseye view GTA 1-2 style.

Edited by DuPz0r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jhonib10
12 hours ago, Bobby West said:

I guess technically it is smaller, and tempest rim looks to have been accessible at one point as well. If the map had never leaked we'd have never known the difference. 

 

If you consider that we can glitch out of the map they are probably roughly the same size.

If we consider the first trailer, the map changed a lot in these past 2 years, sometimes I think that trailer may have been capture even before 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r

 

Here's my voyage around Guarma. I tried to roughly map it as i was going around since the top of the leaked map is missing, and the bottom half matches up pretty well. I'm dead sure that the orange landmark blip lines up with the huge volcano in the middle of the map too. I assume Le Vilaj is probably the original home for Aguasdulces since it's close to the bay. Unless it was another village further inland...

Guarma_Island_Map.jpg

 

One thing i noticed is El Hueco sits perfectly in line with this detailed bay full of trees and interesting ground markings. Not only that but the waves kick in around there too, which is sign of a once used scene, since the water is usually flat and waveless outside of the mapped area...

 

I really wish some artist leaked some concept art of El Hueco so we can see what it would have looked like.

Edited by DuPz0r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jhonib10

Amazing work!
So, looks like Guarma was intent to be a full Chapter at some point, and it was going to be huge.

Now I believe that the leaked map may be really old, like from 2013 or something, It could even be from when they were actually starting to create the "solid" map...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DuPz0r

Oh yeah and i also forgot to mention, El Hueco translates to The Hollow/Gap/Hole, which i guess could make sense in this location:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

 

And google results show mountain village in Argentina:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Hueco

 

Edited by DuPz0r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

I wonder if there are any other secret "out of map" campsites like the one in the mountains

 

Would be great to camp in Mexico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gtaman_92

I really hope R* doesn’t patch this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.