3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

Mapping Red Dead Redemption 2! Landmark Analysis Thread

DuPz0r

Yeah i remember that in GTAV. I spent loads of time in the content creator glitching into interiors, and had to fall into stuff to trigger the assets.

Edited by DuPz0r

tonko

Well my fellow forum members, maybe it's nostalgia speaking out of me but i would pay insane amounts of moneh to see Mexico's famous locations and towns on PS4 and all it's glory. I'm not ashamed to admit that. 

23jpb1u.jpg

4hbpg9.jpg

2ryhbn5.jpg

1zg9n3n.jpg

happygrowls

Mexico remastered with 4k details and graphics would be amazing, personally my favorite area from RDR1, it just had a nice aesthetic to it.

DuPz0r

Got inside the barn, it was harder than i thought it would be to get in actually. Because all the inner walls are dressed in assets, they kept pushing me back out!

Syrens
3 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

Got inside the barn, it was harder than i thought it would be to get in actually. Because all the inner walls are dressed in assets, they kept pushing me back out!

Hearing the footsteps is high key creepy as hell!  Good find though.

DuPz0r

DuPz0r
On 2/3/2019 at 5:35 AM, Cutter De Blanc said:

Off to Gaptooth Breach

EDIT: Been trying to get in for a half an hour, the cave-in just seems to be too uneven to breach through, I cant really get the lantern to clip through effectively. Can't seem to get through the wall of the cave either

So I spent a good part of two hours trying to get into Gaptooth mine, and I have come to the conclusion that the full mine mesh is in there, I have video evidence. But you can't use the lantern glitch to clip through terrain, only works flat wall mesh. So at this time, we have no way to get inside (as far as i'm aware of), but we can view it from the outside, which is what I did. I'm hoping some genius finds a way in because I tried everything, I've even used stagecoaches to push the character closer to the wall so they get in closer..

Video coming soon!

Maddened_Ghost
3 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

IjKtftt.jpg

WZTfNV1.jpg

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

glitching into that place to see this beautiful face right here, then I see 'Law Searching' ... I'll happily turn myself in just GET ME OUT OF HERE!

LMAO

DuPz0r

So here's what I saw in Gaptooth...

RedDadRedemption

Ive used to lantern glitch alot in blackwater mosty every building has a empty but solid interior wonder if there was cut content also glitched into the armadillo theater and everything is inside but black

Cutter De Blanc

On my way to Guarma today with my horse I discovered the remnants of an avalanche outside the map, just west of the unmarked cabin near lake Isabella 

0_0.jpg

Somebody spent time designing that whole big scene and few people will ever see it

Dark Rosewood Varnish

Regarding the spot where Johns gets rescued from at the start of the game. I've tried getting back there but it seems it's only accessible during that mission because when I've tried to get back there I'm met by an impassable wall/ridge that I cant get around. Is there actually a way to get there?

DuPz0r
4 minutes ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

Regarding the spot where Johns gets rescued from at the start of the game. I've tried getting back there but it seems it's only accessible during that mission because when I've tried to get back there I'm met by an impassable wall/ridge that I cant get around. Is there actually a way to get there?

a z
7 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

On my way to Guarma today with my horse I discovered the remnants of an avalanche outside the map, just west of the unmarked cabin near lake Isabella 

Somebody spent time designing that whole big scene and few people will ever see it

Viewing the top down map it looks like there's a natural ridge outline acting as an edge of world beyond the current western border.  More proof this place was planned for literal edge cases.

qldfkWx.png

DuPz0r

I documented my visit to Armadillo's movie theatre. Looks pretty cool actually. I've got a backlog of about 20 videos to edit at the moment xD might have to start releasing a few a day lol.

RedDadRedemption

Anyone know how to get into the saint denis art gallery post game? It looks like rockstar took it out i dont know if im in the right location

DuPz0r

Cutter De Blanc

That Legend of the east hat makes you look like Micah

Was taking pictures in Guarma when I accidentally stumbled on another hidden location. The small fort area near Aguadulces is called Manicato, according to the Social Club.

0_0.jpg

It is a Caribbean word which, according to a google search, means "a bold and valiant person with a good heart"

My one day hunting trip has turned into a two day one, so I might breach the few inaccessible interiors while I'm here

Also, just noticed the map of Guarma on the social club isn't aligned properly, so the locations of all pictures shown on the map there are off by several hundred feet

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Jhonib10
10 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Was taking pictures in Guarma when I accidentally stumbled on another hidden location. The small fort area near Aguadulces is called Manicato, according to the Social Club.

0_0.jpg

It is a Caribbean word which, according to a google search, means "a bold and valiant person with a good heart"

My one day hunting trip has turned into a two day one, so I might breach the few inaccessible interiors while I'm here

Also, just noticed the map of Guarma on the social club isn't aligned properly, so the locations of all pictures shown on the map there are off by several hundred feet

I hope this place at least become a map in RDO in the future

Cutter De Blanc
2 minutes ago, Jhonib10 said:

I hope this place at least become a map in RDO in the future

They might wanna align their map correctly first. It's like the guy who did the work on the social club didn't know exactly where Guarma was and estimated when they put it on there. According to the social club I took one of my pictures while out in the ocean! Oops!

Jhonib10

Have you guys seen this? interesting stuff for us

Cutter De Blanc

You can use your fishing pole in Arroyo De La Vibora, but there are no fish, and the HUD shows a blank space instead of River, Swamp or Lake when you push down while holding the pole

Followed the river to the ocean, attempting to cast in the ocean was met with "You are too high above the water to cast here" I'm literally standing in the mouth of a small river but Okay

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

DuPz0r
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

0_0.jpg

Speaking of SC maps, a friend of mine pointed this out to me recently.

He found a video where a guy found another shark spawn location.

unknown.png

He decided to look on the socialclub for more evidence.

He found that "Tigershark" has an animal tag, and when you click it, it brings up all images which have the shark captured within it.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/photos/?animal=3835189169&animalname=Tiger Shark&title=rdr2

First thing i noticed was there was a shark with different markings. But more importantly, there was an image of a bay, and you can't see the shark, so it must be in the water in that part of the map below the image...

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/photo/rdr2/04dnwqEO60mQMZs69w-p_w

So there is more shark locations around guarma, they're just rare as hell.

17 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

You can use your fishing pole in Arroyo De La Vibora, but there are no fish, and the HUD shows a blank space instead of River, Swamp or Lake when you push down while holding the pole

Followed the river to the ocean, attempting to cast in the ocean was met with "You are too high above the water to cast here" I'm literally standing in the mouth of a small river but Okay

You tried using the special spinnwr lure? Also, have you tried anywhere else around the huge island, out of bounds?

Edited by DuPz0r

Cutter De Blanc
45 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

You tried using the special spinnwr lure? Also, have you tried anywhere else around the huge island, out of bounds?

I don't have the spinner lure yet, I'm still playing as Arthur.  The fishing pole is greyed out (You cannot use the fishing pole here) on almost the entire island, with the exception of Arroyo De La Vibora

Managed to cast into the ocean but  can see there are no fish using eagle eye

RedDadRedemption
On 2/2/2019 at 1:44 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

The Tracker Hotel has an interior, it's literally just an empty room

I made a video inside the tracker motel there was a woman inside and then i went upstairs from the outside just 3 empty rooms 1 had a bucket

Cutter De Blanc

Seems that if you reload on Guarma,  die, and then replay the Angelo Bronte mission, you will respawn on the mainland. If you do not die before replaying the mission you will respawn on Guarma instead

BlueVelvetFrank
1 hour ago, Jhonib10 said:

Have you guys seen this? interesting stuff for us

Lol, I thought you guys would be all over this. I really don't feel like maintaining a map, I was hoping you all would take up the mantle.

RedDadRedemption

Has anyone glitched into this house? I just glitched inside and it is giving me the white hair white beard effect inside like the tall trees well maybe this is the valentines curse.

DuPz0r
44 minutes ago, BlueVelvetFrank said:

Lol, I thought you guys would be all over this. I really don't feel like maintaining a map, I was hoping you all would take up the mantle.

Wait so do the Co-ordinates mean anything or are they just co-ordinates to landmarks in the loadingscreens? Is it R* hiding another conspiracy with no conclusion?

/Edit

Oh i get it now, sorry im tired. The co-ordinates on the loading screen point to completely different locations, like a treasure hunt? Sounds interesting.

Edited by DuPz0r