• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuPz0r

• BretMaverick777

• Chinese Takeout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

I made this gif just to show the map matches. Credit goes to @TheWhiteHat for telling me about it!

More and more names connecting with the map! There was another one from earlier in this thread I believe too.

Okay, the next one:

Look at the map at rose square in the center. "Cornwall"

"Cornwall" again...

also, a railroad station at the Oil Fields:

I was just about to post that. you beat me to it.

That leaked map is looking more and more legit.

• Like 4

Well sh*t, looks like I was wrong! I guess I owe someone money--if they had taken me up on my bet!

I must say, I am slightly disappointed though. Now I kind of feel as if the expanse of the map is now spoiled, knowing this one is true. Plus, I was never a very big fan of this map to begin with. Ah well, now we can try to map the other locations to this one. Perhaps I'll give the 3D mapping another go, so we can get a depth-representation.

There was a study about spoilers where they got two group of people to read a set of novels.

One group however had the whole plot of the novels spoiled, the other didn't. When they were told to rate how much they enjoyed READING the novel, the group who had if spoiled would rate it a little higher than the group who didn't.

Don't sweat over too much knowing what an early leaked map looks like. Still plenty of things to find out (HOW accurate will the leaked map be to the final map)

• Like 2

I've always thought themap was probably real, the only thing that threw me off is the colours. God I hope it's not in those colours once the game is released.

Also not sure how close I am with this...

C7wRUKV.jpg

IC356qk.jpg

• Like 2

Also perhaps we're looking at the main title screenshot the wrong way in relation to the map.

Look where the protag is standing, high up on a mountain ledge, OVERLOOKing the landscape.

The look at the shape of the river in front of him - kinda like a HORSESHOE.

Now look at the place on the map I underlined in red. HORSESHOE OVERLOOK...

40TYS0v.jpg

9anYkJm.jpg

The map is in area/region block-colours with boarders as its clearly an art direction map for the art dept, ie. all bayou interiors need this colour scheme and exterior theming etc etc

I've always thought themap was probably real, the only thing that threw me off is the colours. God I hope it's not in those colours once the game is released.

Also not sure how close I am with this...

C7wRUKV.jpg

IC356qk.jpg

nah, its up the mountains looking towards a low lying plains area

Also perhaps we're looking at the main title screenshot the wrong way in relation to the map.

Look where the protag is standing, high up on a mountain ledge, OVERLOOKing the landscape.

40TYS0v.jpg

9anYkJm.jpg

Could still be valid if you think of those beige low lying areas in the photo as the white square shaped section of land on the map, and the mountains tailing off into blue in the far distance right side of the photo as the right hand side of the green mountain area on the map.

bpVfYoC.jpg

lyVa7Gj.jpg

Edited by sleepwalk1980
  • Like 1

I believe the leaked map is real. Always thought so, but it is the first time I dare to officially say it out loud.

However, I am worried about the map, because the map seems... small to current map size standards. I really hope we will get the original map as well added to the map. That would make me really happy.

40TYS0v.jpg

9anYkJm.jpg

KHO85OP.jpg

Oh man... Nothing personal but... can you read the maps? I mean... it's a pure cartography - at the leaked map we can see a relief:

In the West and in the North we have mountains... in the center we have a plateau (Heartland). In the East - swamps (aka Mafia3).

So, to think logically, we can't see what you mean. Your point is wrong.

Edit:

T73OBo3.jpg

Edited by EVOLUT7ON
  • Like 3

Could still be valid if you think of those beige low lying areas in the photo as the white square shaped section of land on the map, and the mountains tailing off into blue in the far distance right side of the photo as the right hand side of the green mountain area on the map.

bpVfYoC.jpg

lyVa7Gj.jpg

Even without the map (which looks more and more real... damn. I thought you were missing the part with the bridge and the other plateau but it's there..), there's juste noway. Look at dupzor's post and mine, these are mountains we already know from trailer 1, this shot can't be from the middle of the plains / highlands

Edited by Fachewachewa
  • Like 2

Not sure if anyone noticed, checked through the pages and Ctrl F'd "Fall", nothing came up. Here's my little spot, I'm convinced the leak map is real.

I was negative towards people trying to link the first trailer to the map since it was a load of "they both have rivers" "they both have a mountain range", but I'm honestly likin' this sort of thing since the links are a lot more plausible :santa:

Also, I believe that says "Cumberland Falls".

Edited by RedDagger
Tall Trees Sasquatch

Another thing that may add some validity to the map is that the legend says:

• Homesteads/Robbery
  • Homesteads/Rustling

If we're in a gang and there's a feature to bring characters with you (or do it solo) then we can most likely rob and rustle some homesteads.

This map was leaked before we knew we'd be in a gang.

Not sure if anyone noticed, checked through the pages and Ctrl F'd "Fall", nothing came up. Here's my little spot, I'm convinced the leak map is real.

- snip -

Great find! :^: Damn... at this point it would really surprise me If the leaked map isn't the real deal. This has to be the biggest R* leak ever then.

I believe the leaked map is real. Always thought so, but it is the first time I dare to officially say it out loud.

However, I am worried about the map, because the map seems... small to current map size standards. I really hope we will get the original map as well added to the map. That would make me really happy.

In case of real deal map analysis tells me it would still be a quite large map. Don't get fooled by that river, it looks smaller than it really is from that viewpoint....

Edited by Versous

Probably already obvious but my thoughts anyway,

rdr2_map_analysis.png

Doubt that is a match. The Triangle you made should be on the Left in in the upper screenshot (assuming it is viewed from the front)