• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuPz0r

• BretMaverick777

• Chinese Takeout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

Río del Lobo?  

Sausache
Just now, JustAMetalHead said:

I wonder why there are mexican gangs in armadillo? Might have to summon brettmaverick777 so he can write a 10 paragraph comment to theorizing why lol.

Del Lobos Gang? They mentioned in pre-order stuff that the 'Del Lobos gang have taken over a hacienda'. Hacienda leads me to think they're Mexican, and Del Lobo Rock was only a stones throw away from Armadillo with both in Cholla Springs.

• Like 9
Chinese Takeout
5 minutes ago, Frivolous_Raven said:

In the RDR1 picture John and Marshal are walking from the Sheriff's office. That's where the shot is from

Yep, you're absolutely right. I had it backwards. So, perhaps we're seeing Sheriff Marshall's (haha, I never noticed how funny those two words were next to each other!) job opening in the making.

• Like 4
Nutduster
13 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

They have a map that's twice the size than we think it is based on the leaked map and they show 3 blurry zoomed in shots? No shots of Arthur in New Austin at all? No mention of the story going to New Austin at all? You seriously don't find these things suspicious?

They're just playing footsy with returning fans, that's all.  They don't need to show off much of the old map because people are enjoying the Easter eggs they're putting out there as it is.  I have been as suspicious as anyone of the idea of a substantial chunk (or all) of the old map returning, but at this point I think it's undeniable that we will at least get New Austin, and it will be in the game on release day.

They probably also don't want to over-emphasize that a large percentage of the game world is a revamped version of the last game.  That kind of thing plays well to hardcore Red Dead fans but not so much, perhaps, to the games press or potential new fans.  Imagine Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed was half in the Victorian London they already built and half in some adjacent area - if you weren't an AC fan you'd probably think that was pretty lazy of them.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 13
Racket89
25 minutes ago, Nyfyr said:

It's the exact same buildings, in fact. We're looking at the bank and the shop further in the background. 

cUiz1oq.jpg
GTecA8k.jpg

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

Edited by Racket89
  • Like 47
Sausache
Just now, Chinese Takeout said:

Yep, you're absolutely right. I had it backwards. So, perhaps we're seeing Sheriff Marshall's (haha, I never noticed how funny those two words were next to each other!) job opening in the making.

According to the newspaper from the first game, Leigh Johnson started working there in '97. Doesn't say if he was sheriff at that time, but I'd reckon that was either his boss or his underling. Might be that we see a younger Johnson struggling to keep control of a rowdy town and Arthur lends a hand.

• Like 2
bcsimms04
8 minutes ago, NickRooz said:

The Mexican-US border was, how should I put it....fluid. Even so fluid and lawless that Pancho Villa would burn a whole town to the ground, check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Columbus_(1916). Sure 17 years after the events of RDR2, but just to give you an idea how lawless the border region was.

There were US troops stationed in forts in southern Arizona until the late 1920s to defend against Mexican raids.  

• Like 1
bakerach

iaHc5FR.jpg

Looks just like the Tetons from the Idaho side of the range.  Also, the wide shot of the two riders when they're talking about the cinematic camera looks like being up in that range as well.

Edited by bakerach
  • Like 4
Mirror Park Resident
14 minutes ago, Racket89 said:

cUiz1oq.jpg
GTecA8k.jpg

And here's where New Austin naysaying definitely dies. 

BTW great job, people,

Edited by Fluffy Sock
  • Like 16
bakerach
1 minute ago, Fluffy Sock said:

And here's where NA naysaying definitely dies. 

But we still haven't seen Arthur there!

• Like 3
DuPz0r

This landscape shot really shows off the scale of the map, and i'm talking vertical not just horizontal distance. Look at how high the skyline is, and Arthur is already standing high off the ground on his horse...

qPihmfE.jpg

Who needs skyscrapers when you have this natural beauty!

Edited by DuPz0r
  • Like 10

I by no mean wanna take away anything that you guys have been doing.

But I somehow feel the leaked map is it. R* not showing us anything substantial is leading me to believe so. That shot which people assume to be Armadillo could very well just be a lighting trick by R* and in Valentine.

Chinese Takeout
Just now, DuPz0r said:

This landscape shot really shows off the scale of the map, and i'm talking vertical not just horizontal distance. Look at how high the skyline is, and Arthur is already standing high off the ground on his horse...

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this shot! not just the area and depth of this world, but the height...just amazing!

• Like 1
primethief147
Just now, Vespid said:

But I somehow feel the leaked map is it. R* not showing us anything substantial is leading me to believe so. That shot which people assume to be Armadillo could very well just be a lighting trick by R* and in Valentine.

No its definitely armadillo the buildings match exactly when you face from the sheriffs office.

• Like 3
Racket89
4 minutes ago, Vespid said:

The floorboards under the body are literally the same between both games, on top of the town layout.

qYsxBF0.jpg
ozJQO6Z.png
aa7e9ym.jpg

Edit: Also apologies for the terrible screenshots, my X1X is refusing to upload to OneDrive for some reason, so I've had to take 1366x768 screenshots via streaming to my laptop. Hopefully our glorious 4K leader @Chinese Takeout or a usurper to the throne can oblige quality shots later

Edited by Racket89
  • Like 20
SneakyDeaky
2 minutes ago, Vespid said:

It's not Valentine, none of the buildings match.

• Like 9
AzBat360
Just now, Vespid said:

<shakes head> If you want to deny what's in front of you just because your trying to not set yourself up for disappointment, then go right ahead, but I just find it funny that people will not believe anything until Rockstar says in their own words that New Austin is returning & it's playable in the single player campaign.

• Like 4
AndyGanteks

No doubt it anymore, that's Armadillo, the planks gave it away. :lol:

jKvtjQo.jpg

BkymCFV.png

Jp6ao4a.png

2r3pZGl.png

Edited by AndyGanteks
  • Like 19
2 minutes ago, Vespid said:

im willing to make a bet that this is Armadillo heck we definitely know that New Austin is in the game so why not armadillo ? wont believe the awesome guys here that's fine but you shall see the truth  my friend 

• Like 2
bakerach
5 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

qPihmfE.jpg

Who needs skyscrapers when you have this natural beauty!

Do you mean that black line to be the horizon?  That's not a reflection on the right behind the mountain, that's just the sky and clouds.  The horizon line is much lower and behind the mountains, more like this.

5TkxSTV.jpg

This really looks like the Smokies/Blue Ridge region of the Appalachian range, maybe over near Black Balsam Rise from the leaked map.  It really looks great, this type of mountain range wasn't in the last game.

• Like 1
Mirror Park Resident

The same intact floorboards over the pass of 12 years. GG Armadillo deputies.

Edited by Fluffy Sock
  • Like 15

Lol - Rockstar have done it yet again!

Another gameplay trailer with just one single image from New Austin - but this time done in such a way that the sleuths on this thread can unambiguously identify it as Armadillo.

BUT they still haven't included Arthur in a single shot set there.....just to make sure that the debate continues and that little tiny sliver of doubt remains. Could it still be just a cutscene flashback?

They're the world's greatest teases.

The other key shot, for me, in that trailer though was the one of Arthur in a canoe.

We knew that they existed in the game world before, but we didn't know for certain that we could use them for regular exploration, did we? If so, makes it harder to understand how they will construct the edges of the map......

• Like 8
SneakyDeaky

I asked this question a couple of months ago and no one gave me an answer because no one really had an answer but I'll ask it again::

Why are there edge of world boundaries around West Elizabeth if New Austin was always going to be connected to the leaked map? The theory was two teams working on two maps, but did one of them work on New Austin in secret!? That makes no sense, and the other team were clearly under the illusion that they had to include edge of world markings around WE, they are right there. My concern is whatever point in development the leaked map was in, at the time of the leak, New Austin was NOT connected to it. I have no doubt it exists now. It's evidently there. But I a do have a lot of doubts on how, why or when.

• Like 1
Sausache

Gke5eFT.jpg

Okay guys, I'm really confused about this shot. It is definitively Blackwater, and we're looking north-northeast. As per usual, we can see the Big Valley mountain rising  on the right. But why the hell is Mount Hagen to the left of it? The Grizzlies are much further to the right, and even with the Hanging Dog Ranch shot(Mount Hagen further to the left than where it should be), we shouldn't be able to see Mount Hagen from this angle. I'd wager that Rockstar is editing background mountains into scenes to confuse us.

qPihmfE.jpg

Here is another example. The top right has mountains being shown off that don't actually exist. This shot:

qmhaFXE.jpg

is from around the same place and those mountains aren't there. Rockstar is being VERY sneaky now.

• Like 5
AzBat360
3 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

But I a do have a lot of doubts on how, why or when.

Why care? It's not like you're going to get any answers here. Only Rockstar can answer that. And short of a "Making of" or "Behind the scenes of" videos, we'll probably never know.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SneakyDeaky said:

I asked this question a couple of months ago and no one gave me an answer because no one really had an answer but I'll ask it again::

Why are there edge of world boundaries around West Elizabeth if New Austin was always going to be connected to the leaked map? The theory was two teams working on two maps, but did one of them work on New Austin in secret!? That makes no sense, and the other team were clearly under the illusion that they had to include edge of world markings around WE, they are right there. My concern is whatever point in development the leaked map was in, at the time of the leak, New Austin was NOT connected to it. I have no doubt it exists now. It's evidently there. But I a do have a lot of doubts on how, why or when.

We still don't have an aswer for that, we don't work at R*.

• Like 1
SneakyDeaky
1 minute ago, AzBat360 said:

Why care? It's not like you're going to get any answers here. Only Rockstar can answer that. And short of a "Making of" or "Behind the scenes of" videos, we'll probably never know.

Why care? Cos either the whole of New Austin and Mexico are in the game at launch to readily explore at your leisure or its not; It's like North Yankton, or MP Only, or something else. I'd say the former is a lot more welcomed than the later. I'm just looking at all the angles here, that's all.

• Like 1