• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuPz0r

• BretMaverick777

• Chinese Takeout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

Río del Lobo?  

BretMaverick777
13 minutes ago, CMcC said:

Wait a second! Aren't you contradicting yourself here? Sockeye salmon are native to those regions so its proof positive that the map extends to there but not California for the native California Valley Coyote?!

No, I'm saying the "California valley coyote" will be every damn where, like IRL.  

Sockeye salmon are only gonna be spawning in Alaska or the Columbia River Gorge, cuz that's how they be

• Like 1
Little Big Man
16 minutes ago, CMcC said:

Sockeye salmon are native to those regions so its proof positive that the map extends to there but not California for the native California Valley Coyote?!

Now you're getting it! Keep it up and soon you'll be a master map-maker like us!

BretMaverick777
27 minutes ago, Chinese Takeout said:

I really hadn't paid any attention to the "Cigarette Cards" that come in the Collectors Box, but I just took a look at them, and I have two comments, one sort of mapping-related, the other not:

#1: HOLY sh*t! Please let this be in the game! (for mapping purposes)

Hide contents

NeJXCYW.jpg

#2: Is this Leviticus Cornwall?

Hide contents

8Jgl4hB.jpg

Yeah, I had Leviticus Cornwall mapped out back in July:

• Like 5
ivarblaauw

I am actually quite surprised by the size of those new uncharted region shots. The map is absolutely massive and I am blown away... and I already expected it.

We'll see massive regions of snow, to the great, seemingly endless, plains, to the huge sunbaked deserts. 

I have no idea which region I will spent the most time in, hell, I think I will be a few years older before I have seen the entire map. 

• Like 4
BretMaverick777
30 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

The new screenshots do look real pretty. Shame most of them are close-ups. Still i think we can place some of these shots into the map.

Hide contents

5uRoGNJ.jpg

VH6TR7m.jpg

qAhu4np.jpg

aHM9ClJ.jpg

T5LnqOy.jpg

zTC2lCD.jpg

NSjqhmh.jpg

AfKVy3Z.jpg

I can't get over how much attention to details there is. Even the fur!

The butcher was shown in Rhodes.

AZ4K1Ly.jpg

We can guess Bayou Nwa; and it looks like RatHat Arthur is fishing the Dakota River.    The livery appears to be in Strawberry.  I can't even guess at the others.

• Like 14
TexasOdysseus
2 hours ago, bcsimms04 said:

Not in Central or northern Arizona.  No sky islands.  Takes you like 3+ hours to go from Phoenix to anything near that elevation and you can't drive to the top of those mountains.  You can with Mt Graham and Mt Lemmon in the south though

Hopefully there are jaguars.  Jaguars are actually native to southern Arizona.  They were pretty much extinct by the 1910s down there but as recently as like 2012 there was one spotted in Arizona.

Well, you can run from Flagstaff to Sedona to the floor of the Cottonwood Valley in about an hour drive (if you're moving)...that's a massive biome, climate, and elevation change. My root point was that its not implausible to have such considerably different ecologies relatively nearby. 

But your point is sound--and think of just the area around Mt Graham and vicinity...you can have desert and mountains and everything in between. Love the Dragoon Mountains around Cochise. 

But yeah, no jaguars up in NoAZ, haha.... I've seen a prelim list of the animals in RDR2, but was hoping there would be javelinas. Man I miss the mountains. Need to move back out west. 

• Ame I ssh
gonnaenodaethat

So it looks likes yer gang, or is it yer crew, his goat a lot o' space tae git uptae mischief in ehs?

Edited by gonnaenodaethat
  • fir thi bairns 5
Little Big Man

Who's your guys favourite king of England?

Mine's Edward I.

Edited by Little Big Man
  • Like 2
BretMaverick777
2 minutes ago, Little Big Man said:

Mine's Edward I.

Aethelred the Unready

Mild Phil Hickok
48 minutes ago, Little Big Man said:

Mine's Edward I.

Henry V has to be my favourite king to study.

• Ame I ssh
gonnaenodaethat
1 hour ago, Little Big Man said:

Mine's Edward I.

Stephen

• Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 5

I think i may have solved something which i mis-read as Pyramid a long while back. I think we're looking at The Loft and these are Northern shots of the map.

zlfh4gu.jpg

I could be wrong, but it's the closest match i've found.

Edited by DuPz0r
  • Like 11
letsgoraptors

There's snow in the first shot.  Do you think the weather is dynamic to the point where the snow recedes and disappears until another snow storm comes?

I doubt there'll be seasons though.  R* would've mentioned by now. 

• Like 1

I believe anything after reading all those previews to be honest, seasons, snow fall, the works! :lol:

Edited by DuPz0r
  • Like 3
letsgoraptors
4 minutes ago, Mirokunite said:

coyote_subspecies.jpg

Kind of have to wonder if Rockstar is just going to use the GTAV coyote model(updated) for RDR2.

no they won't do that mate. 

you never know @DuPz0r😆

Edited by letsgoraptors
  • Ame I ssh
gonnaenodaethat
14 minutes ago, Mirokunite said:

coyote_subspecies.jpg

Kind of have to wonder if Rockstar is just going to use the GTAV coyote model(updated) for RDR2.

I have never been more confident of anything in my life before. 

• fir thi bairns 5
BretMaverick777
38 minutes ago, letsgoraptors said:

There's snow in the first shot.  Do you think the weather is dynamic to the point where the snow recedes and disappears until another snow storm comes?

I doubt there'll be seasons though.  R* would've mentioned by now. 

Time jumps.

I doubt we'll see any linear progression of seasons....fall into winter, winter into spring, etc.   But whenever the story requires a time jump (yes, there are time jumps, precipitated by certain stories), the landscape could very well shift into a different season.   The most recent shot of Valentine proves that there's different seasons....Arthur (and others) in cool weather (not cold weather) gear and those leafless trees indicate early spring or late fall.  Most Valentine shots have Arthur in his traditional blue denim shirt, usually with sleeves up, and the trees lush and green. 

zbLHEqH.jpg

• Like 7
BretMaverick777
50 minutes ago, Mirokunite said:

coyote_subspecies.jpg

You know, if they WANT to use 12 different subspecies of coyote for different regions of RDR2, more power to 'em.   But I'm *guessing* the effective plan here is to say, "Hey, let's use one generic subspecies of any given recognizable North American animal and use that as our model.  California Valley Coyote?  Looks good, we'll use that one."  

One of the recent game reviews had a rather heartfelt anecdote about encountering an old man in the Heartlands, crouching in the tall grass, hunting a coyote.  My guess?   He kilt a California Valley Coyote.   Does that mean The Heartlands is now suddenly California...?   I'll let you guess.   I'd even be willing to bet that the on-screen description of the dead animal, of the pelt, of the meat and everything else will simply say "COYOTE."   The "California Valley Coyote" part won't even be visible except in the catalogs and the collectible artbooks and whatever else that go into full detail about each critter.  

But if y'all have your hearts set on a California Valley Coyote being specific to California, don't let me stop you.   I'm all for California.  God knows the sequoias in Tall Trees have been California natives even since RDR1 days, and still are, of course.   There's other things I've seen in screenshots and trailers that remind me very much of the High Sierras, Tuolomne Meadows, and Yosemite Valley.  And I know full well that R* likes to use real-world models for their natural and manmade landmarks this go-round.  So I would be and will be positively ecstatic if I someday see Arthur riding down into the valley with El Capitan looming on one side and Half Dome on the other, because, by god, Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places on this planet.   I'd give my horse's swollen testicles to see a Yosemite in this game, and a broader California besides.   

But sometimes, you have to remember that a coyote is just a coyote.  

• Like 1
Cutter De Blanc

i dunno about all this hidden new desert stuff. I think the simplest answer is that the sweeping desert is New Austin.

• Like 7
MarlboroMan1995

Don’t forget there were color variations in the coats of some animals in rdr. Some of the buck deer in the plains had a light colored coat, where as the bucks in tall trees were dark. This does not mean they are two subspecies of deer. Deer who live primarily in wooded areas are going to be darker than deer in the plains. I expect to see this in some way again, but with what all animals idk. For the coyotes, they just seem to be coyotes. I see no change there. 

• Like 5
USAPatriot

I look forward to seeing Armadillo starting to form as a community, and Tumbleweed bustling as a boom town with the promise of a train coming (of course unfortunately that train never comes for them.)

• Like 5
4 hours ago, BretMaverick777 said:

You know, if they WANT to use 12 different subspecies of coyote for different regions of RDR2, more power to 'em.   But I'm *guessing* the effective plan here is to say, "Hey, let's use one generic subspecies of any given recognizable North American animal and use that as our model.  California Valley Coyote?  Looks good, we'll use that one."  

One of the recent game reviews had a rather heartfelt anecdote about encountering an old man in the Heartlands, crouching in the tall grass, hunting a coyote.  My guess?   He kilt a California Valley Coyote.   Does that mean The Heartlands is now suddenly California...?   I'll let you guess.   I'd even be willing to bet that the on-screen description of the dead animal, of the pelt, of the meat and everything else will simply say "COYOTE."   The "California Valley Coyote" part won't even be visible except in the catalogs and the collectible artbooks and whatever else that go into full detail about each critter.  

But if y'all have your hearts set on a California Valley Coyote being specific to California, don't let me stop you.   I'm all for California.  God knows the sequoias in Tall Trees have been California natives even since RDR1 days, and still are, of course.   There's other things I've seen in screenshots and trailers that remind me very much of the High Sierras, Tuolomne Meadows, and Yosemite Valley.  And I know full well that R* likes to use real-world models for their natural and manmade landmarks this go-round.  So I would be and will be positively ecstatic if I someday see Arthur riding down into the valley with El Capitan looming on one side and Half Dome on the other, because, by god, Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places o

But sometimes, you have to remember that a coyote is just a coyote.  

By your own logic then you really shouldn't have used the sockeye salmon as evidence in your North to Alaska theory. Just sayin 🤷‍♂️