• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuPz0r

• BretMaverick777

• Chinese Takeout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

I made this gif just to show the map matches. Credit goes to @TheWhiteHat for telling me about it!

8 minutes ago, Frivolous_Raven said:

OMG! We can ride the canoes! That's so cool

In this case, it's a pirogue; a Cajun rowboat.   But the one from the earlier trailer was clearly a typical Indian birchbark canoe. 

Also looks like the cabin to the right in the Lagras postcard has a flatboat or bateaux moored out front....another typical Cajun raft, with that long oar. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

Also notice they only mentioned 4 states. That means the Desert has to be somewhere in New Austin...

Or in Mexico:

Remeber the title today: The Frontier, Towns and Cities

Maybe followed by:

Mexico, Towns and Cities

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

How about this: 

Colter is marked as the Camp in Grizzlies Intro.   Lake to the west.  Road heads south to the Dakota River.

Maybe Colter and Mt. Hagen are one and the same?    Would make sense to the "Blizzard of '99" storyline that would keep the first part of the sage in the Intro region.

Yes I would think you are spot on.

I am still interested in this area here, if they are buildings or not
KHO85_OP.jpg

• Like 1

Man, that writeup for Annesburg got me excited for the possibility of a fully armed and operational COAL MINE! I never really stopped to consider that we might be able to go down into the coal mine, but the details they give make me think a mission way underground may be on the menu! Hope Big Bad John is nearby, in case of a cave in.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, nubcaker said:

Do you guys notice the zoomed in pieces of map behind each town name? Looks like you all got some work ahead of you!

I wouldn't have noticed that. Good eye, bro!

Edited by tsycho
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, RedDagger said:

Note that the red headers appear to be zoomed-in pieces of the map; not useful for general terrain but look p useful for the urban areas - though there's probably some magic in there if you assume they're all oriented the same way. 

Didn't notice it....good catch.    Not overly helpful, but those do show snippets of the actual town maps.  No way of knowing what each building is, of course.

Looks like there're no towns, or cities, in the deserty Western frontier. That, or it's intentionally being kept off-screen, at least for now. 

Edited by Efreet
  • Like 3

I wouldn't be too worried about the update not mentioning New Austin as it doesn't mention Van Horn either, or other settlements like the Heartland oil fields.

Likely there will be another update...

• Like 3

g1PbklA.jpg

Sounds like Dutch is going to get involved in a labor dispute.   This is kinda authentic to the era....labor unions were first forming, and coal miners were one of the first to organize.   The mine owners came down hard on them, and they sent Pinkertons out to bust heads and break up picket lines.   There's been a long history of animosity between labor and Pinkertons IRL ever since.   Needless to say, Dutch and Arthur will support the miners.  

• Like 6

Some interesting news to keep us guessing. Well done to whom got it right. I think as far as Ambarino, they might've expanded it a bit more compared to the leaked map, it looks huge and sprawling as opposed to just empty mountains.

And where the hell is that desert.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Didn't notice it....good catch.    Not overly helpful, but those do show snippets of the actual town maps.  No way of knowing what each building is, of course.

The way I was thinking it, we'd need to cross-reference the material we have from each town including the map snippet to get a general layout, assume that all the snippets have north pointing upwards, and then that might have use with cross-referencing background elements in the material to get relative positions of the towns and the elements themselves. That's only if we don't already know where that stuff was in the first place though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

I wouldn't be too worried about the update not mentioning New Austin as it doesn't mention Van Horn either, or other settlements like the Heartland oil fields.

Likely there will be another update...

I'm very doubtful that New Austin is returning. People in this thread act as if it's been confirmed.

The only mention of it has been from the model train where all it said is it ran through there, which it did, in RDR1. That doesn't mean it runs through there in RDR2, it's very likely that the railroad in New Austin hasn't been built yet and it's simply not in the game.

Plus it makes no sense for Dutch's gang to be there as it was John's first time there in RDR and he's been in the gang since he was a child.

If the leaked map is anything to go by then that's probably the case. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

Hmm Is Lake Isabella that body of water directly north that cuts off the leaked map?

Xc9qp4x.jpg

I'd estimate that Colter and Mt. Hagen are one and the same.  In other words, Colter is a settlement on Mt. Hagen.  That puts Lake Isabella just to the west, and Beartooth Beck to the east....maybe that's Brokeback???

• Like 2

Not to trash on DuPz0r, but inspect element is your friend ;)

130cc3caa3398d5502b0e88d50f0bed9.jpg

49287e42b8d7e78a1a724d45d972ba60.jpg

b95bfe9acc6880c3a50eb0f8b7bef8f4.jpg

e63443298d1d4ade863d56213e686466.jpg

c0cff8f98f08d70931367ac18f3db413.jpg

40185299747eb7266532621a37de0986.jpg

0a02a206630192ccb27a84de8a6af3cf.jpg

3 minutes ago, paddymcg said:

I'm very doubtful that New Austin is returning. People in this thread act as if it's been confirmed.

The only mention of it has been from the model train where all it said is it ran through there, which it did, in RDR1. That doesn't mean it runs through there in RDR2, it's very likely that the railroad in New Austin hasn't been built yet and it's simply not in the game.

Plus it makes no sense for Dutch's gang to be there as it was John's first time there in RDR and he's been in the gang since he was a child.

New Austin is returning.

With or without John Marston. 

Arthur's timeline is in no way dependent on John Marston's.  He could have travelled all over New Austin, and even Nuevo Paraiso, for that matter. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, paddymcg said:

Where is the desert then?

Nowhere on the map is there a desert, yet rockstar have confirmed there are "sweeping deserts," and shown a picture of a desert, so the map is not the full picture here.

The old leaks mentioned 5 states. Rockstar says there are 5 states, one of them is New Austin.

Read the official quote from Rockstar again:

"Rockstar Games and Fascinations have collaborated to produce a Metal Earth 3D Puzzle for you to build, inspired by Red Dead Redemption 2. The Train, as featured in the game, runs passengers and freight on the entire network of railways throughout Ambarino, New Hanover, West Elizabeth, Lemoyne and New Austin."

Obviously the railroad has been built in New Austin by 1899.

Edited by SneakyDeaky
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

New Austin is returning.

Arthur's timeline is in no way dependent on John Marston's.  He could have travelled all over New Austin, and even Nuevo Paraiso, for that matter. 

I'd love if that was true but I just can't see it happening and I feel like a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment. 

3 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Where is the desert then?

Nowhere on the map is there a desert, yet rockstar have confirmed there are "sweeping deserts," and shown a picture of a desert, so the map is not the full picture here.

The old leaks mentioned 5 states. Rockstar says there a 5 states, one of them is New Austin.

Read the official quote from Rockstar again

" Rockstar Games and Fascinations have collaborated to produce a Metal Earth 3D Puzzle for you to build, inspired by Red Dead Redemption 2. The Train, as featured in the game, runs passengers and freight on the entire network of railways throughout Ambarino, New Hanover, West Elizabeth, Lemoyne and New Austin. "

Obviously the railroad has been built in New Austin by 1899.

Okay you're taking this a bit too personally, relax.

I obviously don't have the answers, I'm just remaining cautiously optimistic until we have something a little more concrete than an ambiguous mention on some merch. 

2 minutes ago, paddymcg said:

I'd love if that was true but I just can't see it happening and I feel like a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment. 

I get what you're saying. I don't consider anything to be CONFIRMED that hasn't been openly shared by Rockstar with zero ambiguity and no room for interpretation. So, that includes the presence of New Austin in RDR2. Not confirmed, in my mind.

HOWEVER...it sure as sh*t looks likely!! 😉

And that's enough for me to start including N.A. in our speculation.

• Like 3
Just now, BretMaverick777 said:

New Austin is returning.

I feel like recreating all of or even most of new Austin is a really challenging task that this forum doesn't really understand is that easy to do. Not only would Rockstar have to retexture everything and add new paths and new peds with their own lines, they would also have to make it look like New Austin is older. They'd have to make New Austin have story missions, they'd have to add side content and mini games. It'd be a lot of resources used for a map we already have seen before.

The fact that they haven't really shown a town for any place that looks kind of like a desert, makes me feel like the desert is actually a lot smaller than we think it is. 

I'm never gonna leave those mountaintops :-). They remind me of the gold rush, a setting that I'd want to see in RDR at some point. Dammit Don Rosa, you've made me nostalgic for a time period that predates me by a century. 

So let's see. The evidence for New Austin is growing, can we compile every piece of evidence for both arguments? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JustAMetalHead said:

I feel like recreating all of or even most of new Austin is a really challenging task that this forum doesn't really understand is that easy to do. Not only would Rockstar have to retexture everything and add new paths and new peds with their own lines, they would also have to make it look like New Austin is older. They'd have to make New Austin have story missions, they'd have to add side content and mini games. It'd be a lot of resources used for a map we already have seen before.

The fact that they haven't really shown a town for any place that looks kind of like a desert, makes me feel like the desert is actually a lot smaller than we think it is. 

That sounds like a lot of work. They'd almost need an extra year to put all that in.

• Like 3