• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuPz0r

• BretMaverick777

• Chinese Takeout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

Río del Lobo?  

7 hours ago, Chinese Takeout said:

Been awhile since I paid any attention to the legend of the leaked map. I see there are still question marks under "Homesteads/Robbery." Do you think it's "Homesteads/Rustling"? Looks like it to me.

GR511le.png

Yep, I've always said Rustling.  It's what good ol' bad ol' boys like Dutch and Arthur do.

Purple is still a mystery.  Looking closer, I think the second word is "Areas." 

• Like 3

I tweaked the position of the mountains on my map whilst linking them. Some things need a bit of a change. What i originally called "Three peaks" is actually "Four peaks". Which i'll be fixing asap.

0vejqYZ.jpg

aSpQyBt.jpg

(I realised after i posted this i forgot to move Teepee North, higher than Olympus, which is where it should be).

Edited by DuPz0r
9 hours ago, Chinese Takeout said:

Been awhile since I paid any attention to the legend of the leaked map. I see there are still question marks under "Homesteads/Robbery." Do you think it's "Homesteads/Rustling"? Looks like it to me.

GR511le.png

I think I was the first person to say it was rustling about 45 years ago

• Like 3
Just now, INFERNO E100 said:

I think I was the first person to say it was rustling about 45 years ago

Yeah, I remember thinking it the day the map came out, but I just figured a consensus would be reached at some point. No idea what that purple text is though. Adam & Eve store locations?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Chinese Takeout said:

Yeah, I remember thinking it the day the map came out, but I just figured a consensus would be reached at some point. No idea what that purple text is though. Adam & Eve store locations?

God, I hope not.  All the dildos were wooden back then.  #splinters 

e1999KrayzieBone
19 hours ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Nothing particularly new or noteworthy in this shot, but it's a pretty good map of Roanoke Ridge from stem to stern.   Most of the buildings listed are hidden in the wash of sunrise, but the buildings of the Central Union Railroad Camp can be seen nearby.   Looking east, from a low plateau on The Heartlands, probably just below Emerald Ranch.

WkldyPW.jpg

ZtiuLTJ.jpg

looks accurate, but also very interesting that there are prickly pear cacti (see just in front of Arthur to the right) that far East in the map. Perhaps the desert is actually a part of this map?  Maybe south of Horseshoe Overlook?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, e1999KrayzieBone said:

looks accurate, but also very interesting that there are prickly pear cacti (see just in front of Arthur to the right) that far East in the map. Perhaps the desert is actually a part of this map?  Maybe south of Horseshoe Overlook?

I noticed it too.

Arthur is on the border between Heartlands, Scarlett Meadows, and Roanoke Ridge, but that flora -- prickly pear, agave, and mesquite -- is Texas and Mexico.  Go figure. 

11 minutes ago, Chinese Takeout said:

Not sure if this was already posted, but...location of Arthur's riverside fisticuffs...

FWL9LOo.jpg

cLsKaRT.jpg

Panorama: https://roundme.com/tour/303894/view/976517

Yeah, Dakota River.

That overturned cart in the creek is a curiosity.  Like a cage on wheels...maybe Arthur and his enemy were on it as a runaway cart? 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chinese Takeout said:

Not sure if this was already posted, but...location of Arthur's riverside fisticuffs...

Spoiler

FWL9LOo.jpgcLsKaRT.jpg

BoFFggN.jpg

What is this in the trees?

Can be seen at 1:30-1:32 of trailer #3

Edited by Tradan
Fixed Image
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

I think the mountain you marked "Olympus" is actually "Two Tacos". And the one marked "Teepee" is "Olympus". I drew them on my map so i know the shapes of them well.

The peak you dubbed Shocker i didnt name in tje first trailer because i didnt realise how big it was from that panorama. Now i realise it's relevance seeing as it's been seen many times since.

Pretty sure "Shocker" is actually the named landmark Black Balsam Rise.   Check the map.

WkldyPW.jpg

ZtiuLTJ.jpg

Slightly northeast of the unnamed lake; it's that mountain rising above Annesburg.  

*Edit:  Safe to say this pano of Annesburg is taken from Black Balsam Rise, with the large rock formation directly behind our vantage point.

ceU9J50.jpg

Edited by BretMaverick777
  • Like 1

Posted this on the main discussion and speculation page....dunno why.  🤣  Immediately got drowned out by all the "OMG WHEN IS THE NEXT GAMEPLAY TRAILER?!" babble. 

Anyway, thought I would repost here....

I think the purple words read "Impact Areas." 

VedDKRj.png

See what you think.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Posted this on the main discussion and speculation page....dunno why.  🤣  Immediately got drowned out by all the "OMG WHEN IS THE NEXT GAMEPLAY TRAILER?!" babble. 

Anyway, thought I would repost here....

I think the purple words read "Impact Areas." 

VedDKRj.png

See what you think.

I have no idea how anyone can even guess what the purple text says. It's too pixelated for my eyes to even see the first letter.

Edited by JustAMetalHead
  • Like 2

I love all the work that's gone into identifying the peaks....especially viewing them from the plains of Heartlands, Great Plains, and Big Valley, you really get a feel for where everything is located. 

May I suggest a revisit of Tabletop, though?   As it stands now, you've got it located as an unreachable boundary mountain west of Tall Trees; which is a distinct possibility.   But I think y'all may have left two important peaks out that we KNOW are right there in that area:   Nekoti Rock and Cochinay. 

Let's re-examine their landscape from RDR1: 

xciBgwc.jpg

Here's Nekoti Rock from a short distance east:

lO0axxv.jpg

Nekoti again, from due south, across the Aurora Basin: 

ROHy1kQ.jpg

Now check out Cochinay from a long distance south, in Hennigan's Stead, especially at the MacFarlane Ranch:

hbIplED.jpg

5iVU5WO.jpg

Now compare that to this scene, with the gang galloping across the Great Plains.

See the resemblance...?   Pretty sure Tabletop is actually *inside* the map boundary in Tall Trees, and is actually our Nekoti Rock and Cochinay.  

pj9vnmV.jpg

Edited by BretMaverick777

We already identified tabletop as Nekoti Rock/Cochinay when we were trying to figure out where the desert scene was. I placed it just outside the bounderies but i know it overlaps the boundry into Tall Trees. I just didnt rename it since we started using nicknames again.

I'm also 90% sure the mountain i dubbed "Grizzly" is also 'The Loft'.

Edited by DuPz0r
  • Like 4
On 8/29/2018 at 3:37 PM, DuPz0r said:

I tweaked the position of the mountains on my map whilst linking them. Some things need a bit of a change. What i originally called "Three peaks" is actually "Four peaks". Which i'll be fixing asap.

0vejqYZ.jpg

aSpQyBt.jpg

(I realised after i posted this i forgot to move Teepee North, higher than Olympus, which is where it should be).

if I can trust the minimap and its compass in the scene where Arthur is riding near the Hanging Dog Ranch , the "Olympus Mount" is off the map. The mount is in the north from the ranch, not the northeast and there's no  many mounts in this part of the leaked map:

I have chosen the image where the south-north is strictly vertical on the minimap: the camera, Arthur, the ranch, the mount are nearly aligned.

offthe10.jpg

Edited by koeklin
  • Like 5

Pretty sure we're looking at Shepherd's Rise here. 

pO4hp0Y.jpg

Looking east:   Black Balsam Rise in Roanoke Ridge, off on the horizon.   Courthouse and Jailhouse clearly visible front and center; the Lake off to the right; Little Creek just down the draw to Arthur's left and front. 

FutSoW4.jpg

Hard to tell with this crappy resolution, but if you have the 4K, you can spot at least 3 sheep grazing just to the right of Arthur.  

Again with better res than I can show here, take a look down the hill to the right.   There's a corn silo just ahead....I marked it "Painted Sky?," but I doubt that...Painted Sky will be another rustlin' ranch.   Instead, that's probably  the sheep farm for Shepherd's Rise itself.  

Even more curious is a really big dark building at the right of the screen, just visible past the apple tree.   On the map, this would mark the Applewood Timber Co., so it's likely this is a big sawmill/lumberyard.  

yvCSd4Z.jpg

jjbLv4j.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Pretty sure we're looking at Shepherd's Rise here. 

pO4hp0Y.jpg

Looking east:   Black Balsam Rise in Roanoke Ridge, off on the horizon.   Courthouse and Jailhouse clearly visible front and center; the Lake off to the right; Little Creek just down the draw to Arthur's left and front. 

FutSoW4.jpg

Hard to tell with this crappy resolution, but if you have the 4K, you can spot at least 3 sheep grazing just to the right of Arthur.  

Again with better res than I can show here, take a look down the hill to the right.   There's a corn silo just ahead....I marked it "Painted Sky?," but I doubt that...Painted Sky will be another rustlin' ranch.   Instead, that's probably  the sheep farm for Shepherd's Rise itself.  

Even more curious is a really big dark building at the right of the screen, just visible past the apple tree.   On the map, this would mark the Applewood Timber Co., so it's likely this is a big sawmill/lumberyard.  

yvCSd4Z.jpg

jjbLv4j.jpg

That is kind of what I was getting at in the post below. Or, do you mean the FOREGROUND is "Shepherd's Rise"? Is that name on the leaked map? I thought the consensus was that the foreground in this image was the Great Plains (from RDR1), and that the structures visible to the right, just below the hill, were Blackwater. Are you disputing that claim? Or are you only talking about the geography in the distance?

On 8/28/2018 at 5:50 PM, Chinese Takeout said:

Haha, you and I were working on the same areas. Here's what I just got done poring over. I guess I didn't realize how far east we were seeing.

XnpU740.jpg

snVUeTa.jpg

J2vQurC.jpg

pGgz2At.jpg

dRzAGPs.jpg

rPG6LcZ.jpg

• Like 2
6 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

We already identified tabletop as Nekoti Rock/Cochinay when we were trying to figure out where the desert scene was. I placed it just outside the bounderies but i know it overlaps the boundry into Tall Trees. I just didnt rename it since we started using nicknames again.

I'm also 90% sure the mountain i dubbed "Grizzly" is also 'The Loft'.

If "Grizzly" is The Loft, wouldn't that place this shot from Trailer #1 in....whatever that purple place is in Cumberland Forest?   (Looks like it starts with "Roanoke," but I'm iffy about the second word.  I can kinda sorta make out "Peaks," but idk)

hGPftx2.jpg

4bsKTBR.jpg

6 minutes ago, Chinese Takeout said:

That is kind of what I was getting at in the post below. Or, do you mean the FOREGROUND is "Shepherd's Rise"? Is that name on the leaked map? I thought the consensus was that the foreground in this image was the Great Plains (from RDR1), and that the structures visible to the right, just below the hill, were Blackwater. Are you disputing that claim? Or are you only talking about the geography in the distance?

Not disputing that at all.

Shepherd's Rise is probably the sheep farm itself....see the dildo-shaped corn silo just down the slope above and to the right in the photo I posted?   Arthur is riding through the sheep pasture along the southern bank of Little Creek.  You can clearly see "Shepherds Rise" marked on the map below, just above and right of the "BIG VALLEY" annotation.

The photo of the gang riding towards all that is definitely still Great Plains....they're riding south to north, just west of Blackwater, heading towards a crossing at Upper Montana River.  

jjbLv4j.jpg

But...we are sure that this is the ultimate map?
My analysis take the widht (not the lenght) of the rivers as a reference (rdr1 & rdr 2).
So we know that the rdr 1 map dimension is 41 km, and gta V map is 81 km (double). But in my comparison emerge that the (fictitious) map of rdr 2 is approximately 70-75 km max. 
You can do this comparison in a simple way. Take rdr1 map and scale the new map reporting the widht of the rivers (approximately), and you can see that this map is not the double of the rdr1 map (which is the GTA V map).
Also; they have emphasized that the map of rdr2 is bigger than GTAV, so i don't expect  that it will be of few km, but more and more. 
Sorry for my english. Ciao! 

Edited by 66RR

Location names:

Fcevf59.png