• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuPz0r

• BretMaverick777

• Chinese Takeout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

Río del Lobo?  

2 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

With so many scenic vistas I wonder if there will be one overlooking Saint Denis somehow

Rockstar is sneaky about that.   There's no vistas that would overlook the city at all.  It's on a floodplain, pretty much surrounded by bayou.   The only way you could see it from a distance would be by boat on the river.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, koeklin said:

Arthur is fighting in the south from this mountain of Big Valley (image below): it could be "Tall Trees" (even Cochinay, Dutch's gang hideout in RDR1) or somewhere near Strawberry (i don't know the name of this region).

mounta10.jpg

Guys, did you notice this...

3abcde.jpg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

? All I see is a small white blur...do you recognize a landmark? 

Railway track and that blur... You see that?

EDIT: Open picture in a new tab and you see...

6 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

...do you recognize a landmark? 

Not sure... yet.

Edited by GTARDR
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

? All I see is a small white blur...do you recognize a landmark? 

Open this picture in a new tab and use zoom.. And look closely.

4abcd.jpg

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, GTARDR said:

Open this picture in a new tab and use zoom.. And look closely.

4abcd.jpg

Also railway bridge...

1afgt.jpg

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, INFERNO E100 said:

please use the 4kRAW its so much clearer in the background

Sorry about that, but you can zoom this pic (3816x2140). Zoom at that clear (normal size) square...

4abcd.jpg

1 hour ago, GTARDR said:

3abcde.jpg

6 minutes ago, INFERNO E100 said:

TOIcY1Q.png

4K RAW for clarity

Thanks! So, now you all see that :)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, koeklin said:

Arthur is fighting in the south from this mountain of Big Valley (image below): it could be "Tall Trees" (even Cochinay, Dutch's gang hideout in RDR1) or somewhere near Strawberry (i don't know the name of this region).

mounta10.jpg

Very nice catch. We already know that last shot is from the river crossing at Horseshoe Overlook, so we can triangulate where Arthur is fighting.

zvlv8du.png

The images share a view of the same mountain, and as others have pointed out, must also have a view of the curving train tracks. It is almost equidistant from the mountain as the river shot, so it should be place Arthur almost right on top of Monto Rest. Applewood Timber Co. is between these two shots and we are a very short distance from Strawberry. If our view wasn't cut off by a mountain, we might even see Hanging Dog Ranch way in the distance.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Nothing particularly new or noteworthy in this shot, but it's a pretty good map of Roanoke Ridge from stem to stern.   Most of the buildings listed are hidden in the wash of sunrise, but the buildings of the Central Union Railroad Camp can be seen nearby.   Looking east, from a low plateau on The Heartlands, probably just below Emerald Ranch.

WkldyPW.jpg

Haha, you and I were working on the same areas. Here's what I just got done poring over. I guess I didn't realize how far east we were seeing.

XnpU740.jpg

snVUeTa.jpg

J2vQurC.jpg

pGgz2At.jpg

dRzAGPs.jpg

rPG6LcZ.jpg

• Like 6
42 minutes ago, Sausache said:

Very nice catch. We already know that last shot is from the river crossing at Horseshoe Overlook, so we can triangulate where Arthur is fighting.

zvlv8du.png

The images share a view of the same mountain, and as others have pointed out, must also have a view of the curving train tracks. It is almost equidistant from the mountain as the river shot, so it should be place Arthur almost right on top of Monto Rest. Applewood Timber Co. is between these two shots and we are a very short distance from Strawberry. If our view wasn't cut off by a mountain, we might even see Hanging Dog Ranch way in the distance.

Starting to see it.

We basically need to see in 3 dimensions on the map, not 2.  It's a steep grade up the tracks from the lower bridge across Little Creek, almost hidden in the valley below Arthur's brawl, to the upper bridge in the distance that spans the Dakota River.  The Dakota is the shallow rocky river where Arthur's fistfight seems to end up. 

The one puzzle piece I don't see fitting the scenario is this waterfall, with the bear v wolves fight. 

wXtBE9o.jpg

Somewhere else entirely.  Seems to be a footbridge in front of the falls instead of a railroad trestle....I'd place that at the Brandywine Drop, in the highest reaches of Roanoke Ridge. 

OyrRQui.jpg

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Sausache said:

zvlv8du.png

Although I agree the area looks about right in Big Valley, but the track is in a pretty sharp curve, more so than the track shown in Big Valley. The track in pic matches more with Granite Pass in the Grizzlies & I think the viewer could be somewhere in the Northwest corner of k09. I'm not real convinced though. 50/50 on it myself.

Edited by AzBat360
words
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, Sausache said:

zvlv8du.png

I think that is too long curve. It might be that there is not even a river under the bridge either.

Its more like this... (dont mind that question mark, I mean that left one)

1_KHO85_OP.jpg

And if we look compass, it looks like that railway and bridge is northeast.

2 hours ago, GTARDR said:

3abcde.jpg

55 minutes ago, INFERNO E100 said:

TOIcY1Q.png

4K RAW for clarity

c8Qri2w.png

4K RAW with levels adjusted

15 minutes ago, AzBat360 said:

Although I agree the area looks about right in Big Valley, but the track is in a pretty sharp curve, more so than the track shown in Big Valley. The track in pic matches more with Granite Pass in the Grizzlies & I think the viewer could be somewhere in the Northwest corner of k09. I'm not real convinced though. 50/50 on it myself.

The train tracks only appear to be curving sharply from Morgan's perspective. To show you what I mean, hop onto Dupzor's 3D map, angle yourself down to eye-level at Monto Post and look in the direction I shoed. The curve will look very tight, but isn't.

Edited by Sausache
Accidental post/broken link
  • Like 1

I think Sausache had it right already.

Again:  lower bridge, upper bridge.  Railroad on a steep grade into the Dakota Valley.  

Here's the thing:  I think that purple boundary line between Grizzlies Intro and Big Valley is also a creek/small river.  There's an almost lake (question mark) at its headwaters, so it's got to be the creek running beneath the upper bridge.  Which is the bridge from our old train pics.

gr4Bsx7.jpg

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Sausache said:

The train tracks only appear to be curving sharply from Morgan's perspective. To show you what I mean, hop onto Dupzor's 3D map(https://skfb.ly/6AYPt)

Good point... I think we need something more, and also more time to confirm that actual spot. 

EDIT: Im still 90% sure K08-K09...

Edited by GTARDR
6 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

I think Sausache had it right already.

Again:  lower bridge, upper bridge.  Railroad on a steep grade into the Dakota Valley.  

Here's the thing:  I think that purple boundary line between Grizzlies Intro and Big Valley is also a creek/small river.  There's an almost lake (question mark) at its headwaters, so it's got to be the creek running beneath the upper bridge.  Which is the bridge from our old train pics.

gr4Bsx7.jpg

I suspect you're right about a hidden creek somewhere on the map, especially between Big Valley and Grizzlies(intro). Every other district border is relatively smooth and understandable; typically along hill's ridge, mountain or a river. The zig-zagged border is very strange, especially because it ends with something noted as (lake?). In any case, there is another candidate. Many have pointed out the possibility of a foot bridge, and if so, it could very well be the stream cutting through Strawberry. The furthest south crossing across that stream has an unlabeled landmark by it that could represent a waterfall or a bridge.

• Like 1

I recreated the panorama I did 2 years ago, paid more attention to the peak integrity. I added in Dupzorz naming conventions, added "Jailhouse" and "Courthouse" rocks, and contributed my own name to one distinct peak that Dup left unnamed...the peak in the Northeast end of the range. I call it the "Shocker." 

https://roundme.com/tour/303631/view/975502

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But, working forward from the TRAILER 1 Panorama...I'm having a hard time spotting the peaks in our newer materials. Little help?

IhLPt2p.jpg

Edited by Chinese Takeout

That's what i was finding hard to figure out. Everything looks more defined in the 4k trailer. Even jailhouse rock looks different.

Edited by DuPz0r
  • Like 3
37 minutes ago, Chinese Takeout said:

I recreated the panorama I did 2 years ago, paid more attention to the peak integrity. I added in Dupzorz naming conventions, added "Jailhouse" and "Courthouse" rocks, and contributed my own name to one distinct peak that Dup left unnamed...the peak in the Northeast end of the range. I call it the "Shocker." 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But, working forward from the TRAILER 1 Panorama...I'm having a hard time spotting the peaks in our newer materials. Little help?

IhLPt2p.jpg

That's a beautiful mountain range. Could you post the same image without the text please? I would love to use that as a banner.

22 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

That's what i was finding hard to figure out. Everything looks more defined in the 4k trailer. Even jailhouse rock looks different.

Yeah, I've been wracking my brain trying to line them up and some of them are just so different. We may need to reassign names to the rock formations as they currently exist. Feel like mapping the old to the new? 😉

What I've been hoping to do is to start arranging different screenshots around the new map, to see if it can help me reconcile the vantage point of some of these shots. For example, take a look at the two images of Arthur to the left of the map below...is that about right? The green box is correct (I think), but I'm not so sure about the red one.

svBeS3a.jpg

EDIT: Here's a high res of those two shots. I call this image: "Two shots, One Peak." (the inset image, I flipped it around to see if the slopes lined up as if viewing it from the other side)

Spoiler

oxp1qdO.jpg

Edited by Chinese Takeout
for great justice
  • Like 8

Been awhile since I paid any attention to the legend of the leaked map. I see there are still question marks under "Homesteads/Robbery." Do you think it's "Homesteads/Rustling"? Looks like it to me.

GR511le.png

6 hours ago, Chinese Takeout said:

IhLPt2p.jpg

I think the mountain you marked "Olympus" is actually "Two Tacos". And the one marked "Teepee" is "Olympus". I drew them on my map so i know the shapes of them well.

The peak you dubbed Shocker i didnt name in tje first trailer because i didnt realise how big it was from that panorama. Now i realise it's relevance seeing as it's been seen many times since.

Edited by DuPz0r
  • Like 3