• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuPz0r

• BretMaverick777

• Chinese Takeout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

Río del Lobo?  

7 hours ago, bcsimms04 said:

There are arid places with rivers (Arizona, Egypt, Pakistan) and next to large bodies of water (Kalahari, Sahara and Atacama deserts).

Yes, true, but that's a different equatorial zone, topsoil, and the whole nine.

None of them are enclosed, etc.

I don't really care, it will probably blend decently enough in-game, but from God view it's a stretch. 

1 hour ago, koeklin said:

It reminds me an image I posted in october 2017 when I tried to locate this cemetery.

laveuv11.jpg

Now we know that the mounts we see from the cemetery are in the northwest from Valentine. So I can complete this old image.

QrMs7bF.jpg

Nice! 

Didn't @DuPz0r come up with nicknames for about a dozen of these peaks? Maybe we should start using them as points of reference, since they dominate a lot of the screenshots we've seen.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Nice! 

Didn't @DuPz0r come up with nicknames for about a dozen of these peaks? Maybe we should start using them as points of reference, since they dominate a lot of the screenshots we've seen.

Hear! Hear! Can we get a post stickied with images accompanied by placeholder names? I don't even care what they are as long as we can all be consistent. I know that would help me immensely. (not just the mountain peaks, but any currently unnamed landmarks)

4 hours ago, BretMaverick777 said:

ifnPYjp.jpg

Is this the same bridge the Southern & Eastern RR train is crossing?   That's a water tower marked by the yellow circle, meaning a train station is located there.  Ideas?

a train station, or the sawmill? Do we know where the sawmill is located? High country, nearby the densest forested area would be a good spot for it.

Spoiler

Cw1NOVd.png

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Chinese Takeout said:

a train station, or the sawmill? Do we know where the sawmill is located? High country, nearby the densest forested area would be a good spot for it.

Hide contents

Cw1NOVd.png

Is that a sawmill?  Was wondering if that place had been IDd yet...I'm on mobile rn, so I can't make out the details.

The water tower on the rr track near the bridge doesn't suggest a location that complex; just an isolated water stop.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_stop

1 hour ago, Chinese Takeout said:

Hide contents

Cw1NOVd.png

If I remember correctly, the most probable places are Annesburg and Cornwall kerosene and tar.

EDIT: This is Annesburg Mine, Im not sure this is the same area...

1_ISe_Itp4.png

Edited by GTARDR
  • Like 5
54 minutes ago, GTARDR said:

If I remember correctly, the most probable places are Annesburg and Cornwall kerosene and tar.

EDIT: This is Annesburg Mine, Im not sure this is the same area...

1_ISe_Itp4.png

The other pic is definitely not this Jameson Mine, but it could be another in Annesburg.  Or a sawmill, as stated.  It's not Cornwall, though....sign says a name starting with SCHN____.  Schneider, at a guess? 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

The other pic is definitely not this Jameson Mine, but it could be another in Annesburg.  Or a sawmill, as stated.  It's not Cornwall, though....sign says a name starting with SCHN____.  Schneider, at a guess? 

It could be the same place. Not just the buildings have the same colors but windows match too. One thing to point out on the side of the Schneider has a sign reading store. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Luan_killer227 said:

It could be the same place. Not just the buildings have the same colors but windows match too. One thing to point out on the side of the Schneider has a sign reading store. 

Not the same place, but definitely neighbors.  Check:  

ceU9J50.jpg

Annesburg...

Jameson Mine on the left.  

Schneider(?) Mine on the right.  That's where the train is stopping; and the drilling rig is in plain view.  

Two different types of mines, same coal mining town. 

JGrn3Wt.jpg

mfbVjRh.jpg

Edited by BretMaverick777
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Not the same place, but definitely neighbors.  Check:  

ceU9J50.jpg

Annesburg...

Jameson Mine on the left.  

Schneider(?) Mine on the right.  That's where the train is stopping; and the drilling rig is in plain view.  

Two different types of mines, same coal mining town. 

JGrn3Wt.jpg

mfbVjRh.jpg

True.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Luan_killer227 said:

True.

And Arthur doesn't seem to like anybody in either mine. 😂😂😂

I'm betting some of the storylines here will involve the miners unionizing and Pinkertons called in to break up strikes.  This is the decade when some of the worst battles between labor unions and corporate goons were going on in the mines in PA, WV, and KY.  Arthur is probably caught in the middle of that. 

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

And Arthur doesn't seem to like anybody in either mine. 😂😂😂

I'm betting some of the storylines here will involve the miners unionizing and Pinkertons called in to break up strikes.  This is the decade when some of the worst battles between labor unions and corporate goons were going on in the mines in PA, WV, and KY.  Arthur is probably caught in the middle of that. 

Yeah. That's something that calls Dutch.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DuPz0r said:

Nice!

Have you tried matching the peaks to your 3D map?  That could be a Rosetta stone of IDing pretty much everything out on the plains and heartlands. 

• Like 1

When I find something I wasn't looking for: the blue house and the gunsmith of Rhodes (again and again) at night (trailer 2)

drMkoPN.jpg

Edit 29/08/18: I'm disappointed, Treefitty on another forum found this location 10 days ago... 😥

On 8/25/2018 at 9:26 PM, DuPz0r said:
On 8/25/2018 at 7:58 PM, Little Big Man said:

It's just a picture of the sun setting in the north, so what?

Which doesnt happen in real life. So what he's saying is we cant use sun position or shadows to help us judge where things are orientated.

Notice that @Little Big Man lives in New Zealand (if his flag is true) where the noon sun is always setting in the north (like in other countries of the southern hemisphere).

Edited by koeklin
  • Like 4

I was joking. The sun never sets due north like in that picture, it's impossible.

If the mountains in the images we have match up with the mountains on DuPz0r's map, then we have basically cracked this case.

Finding out where that desert is will be the only big issue left.

Edited by Little Big Man
  • Like 1

I explored outside the map in Red Dead Redemption, north of Blackwater. I tried to get a pan of all the land on the other side of Flat Iron Lake.

I figure Rockstar probably used them to make a rough sketch to build their map for Red Dead Redemption II.

Southeast to Northeast of Map 1 of 4

Southeast to Northeast of Map 2 of 4

Southeast to Northeast of Map 3 of 4

Southeast to Northeast of Map 4 of 4

Mountain range, north of West Elizebeth.

This is the mountain ranges, north of West Elizebeth. 1 of 2

This is the mountain ranges, north of West Elizebeth. 2 of 2

Edited by VikingCat32
Grammar and Sentence structure.
  • Like 16
5 hours ago, Little Big Man said:

Great! Now it just needs the desert.

...and Cinco Torres, "Guarma".

Edited by GTARDR
3 hours ago, koeklin said:

Notice that @Little Big Man lives in New Zealand (if his flag is true) where the noon sun is always setting in the north (like in other countries of the southern hemisphere).

"Most people know that the Sun "rises in the east and sets in the west". However, most people don't realize that is a generalization. Actually, the Sun only rises due east and sets due west on 2 days of the year -- the spring and fall equinoxes! On other days, the Sun rises either north or south of "due east" and sets north or south of "due west."

Each day the rising and setting points change slightly. At the summer solstice, the Sun rises as far to the northeast as it ever does, and sets as far to the northwest. Every day after that, the Sun rises a tiny bit further south.

At the fall equinox, the Sun rises due east and sets due west. It continues on it's journey southward until, at the winter solstice, the Sun rises are far to the south as it ever does, and sets as far to the southwest.

Many, if not most, prehistoric cultures tracked these rising and settings points with great detail. If they had jagged mountains along the horizon, the exact points could be readily remembered. Without a suitably interesting horizon, standing stones could be arranged to line up with the various rising and setting points. Or, tree poles could replace the standing stones. Or, rock cairns could be used."

source http://solar-center.stanford.edu/AO/sunrise.html

On 8/27/2018 at 12:38 PM, pjw said:

The big forest in this shot is likely Cumberland Forest, right? Looks huge, and I can't see any other forest indicated on the map.  Any thoughts as to where this brawl is taking place in relation to the leaked map? 

sfodcCD.jpg

A little over a week ago i tried to at least compile all the perspectives we had in this area so it would be easier to track down the location, but i only ended up furthering my own madness lol so i dropped it, i think i was on to something though.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:59 PM, vKing said:

I've been trying to crack this one for a while and i can't do it. Some of the scenes seem to have connections but certain things like the bridge and the mountains are being weird. I'm passing the baton as i can't quite crack this baby, maybe you guys can. (7 pics in total, you have been warned)

Spoiler

YBw9lXt.jpg

IQEPkpc.jpg

DzjxgqM.jpg

mRurDor.jpg

EukrC2u.jpg

MeB7qRT.jpg

wXtBE9o.jpg

Edited by vKing
  • Like 2
On 8/20/2018 at 4:59 PM, vKing said:

I've been trying to crack this one for a while and i can't do it. Some of the scenes seem to have connections but certain things like the bridge and the mountains are being weird. I'm passing the baton as i can't quite crack this baby, maybe you guys can. (7 pics in total, you have been warned)

Hide contents

YBw9lXt.jpg

wXtBE9o.jpg

I definitely think these are in the same area/region, but I don't think your circles 100% correlate. In the top one, the train trestle appears to be even with the surrounding landscape, leading away from the water tower to the right; the bottom picture seems to show a trestle that is below the surrounding landscape, and maybe exits/enters tunnels on either side. You can see that the waterfall starts quite some feet above the trestle, just behind it, and then quickly passes under it, feeding into the stream/river. But, I think the bottom trestle could be located within a mile or two in either direction.

44323042441_e53a1b2b9d_o.jpg

44323042271_9643cecee8_o.jpg

EDIT: Probably to the East (right), since it appears that the river/stream is moving AWAY from the mountains as it flows to the west and south in the image.

Edited by Chinese Takeout
On 8/27/2018 at 12:38 PM, pjw said:

The big forest in this shot is likely Cumberland Forest, right? Looks huge, and I can't see any other forest indicated on the map.  Any thoughts as to where this brawl is taking place in relation to the leaked map? 

sfodcCD.jpg

Arthur is fighting in the south from this mountain of Big Valley (image below): it could be "Tall Trees" (even Cochinay, Dutch's gang hideout in RDR1) or somewhere near Strawberry (i don't know the name of this region).

mounta10.jpg

Edited by koeklin
  • Like 9
7 hours ago, VikingCat32 said:
7 hours ago, VikingCat32 said:

I explored outside the map in Red Dead Redemption, north of Blackwater. I tried to get a pan of all the land on the other side of Flat Iron Lake.

I figure Rockstar probably used them to make a rough sketch to build their map for Red Dead Redemption II.

Southeast to Northeast of Map 1 of 4

Southeast to Northeast of Map 2 of 4

Southeast to Northeast of Map 3 of 4

Southeast to Northeast of Map 4 of 4

Mountain range, north of West Elizebeth.

This is the mountain ranges, north of West Elizebeth. 1 of 2

This is the mountain ranges, north of West Elizebeth. 2 of 2

How did u manage to get across the river can u show me please?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mabz1234 said:

It's done in online, I would suggest doing Friendly Mode. You'll need another player to help you out. Should only take about a minute to complete.

Step 1: Get in a Lobby with Player 2 who is helping you.

Step 2: Invite Player 2 to a Posse, and instruct them not to accept it, until you give tell them to.

Step 3: Enter The Outfitter, then leave. When you're on the Loading Screen, tell Player 2 to accept the Posse Invite and Teleport to Posse Leader.

If done correctly, Player 2 will be outside the map, where the Outfitter is located.

Step 4: Leave the Posse and asked Player 2 to create a new one and send you an invite.

Step 5: Accept Invite from Player 2, and Teleport to Posse Leader.

You both should be outside the map now. Enjoy! 😀

Edited by VikingCat32
Structure.
On 8/27/2018 at 6:38 AM, pjw said:

sfodcCD.jpg

Guys, I think we're looking in the wrong place on this one.  

Yeah, it definitely fits into this bigger picture...

ifnPYjp.jpg

But I don't think it's Cumberland Forest, or Big Valley.  

I'm looking at Roanoke Ridge, far north. 

OyrRQui.jpg

The railroad trestle is the short yellow span running east-west above Brandywine Drop.  Which is likely to be that tall waterfall.   Arthur's fistfight looks to be below that at the Roanoke Valley landmark.  The shallow river runs roughly SW from the trestle, in both the map and the picture.  

21 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

gBD2ekW.gif

Is this area Tall Trees leading up to the Aurora Basin?

19 hours ago, in the bag said:

That's kinda what I thought at first. Then I thought Little Creek was more likely. However, the mini-map indicates they are traveling a trail next to a creek heading precisely North East. 

I can't find a trail that heads north east on the leaked map alongside a creek / river that would match up with their travel direction and what we can see on the minimap here. So maybe it's a smaller stream / trail that isn't fully visible on the leaked map.

Probably either one of those places or somewhere in the Grizzlies.

This makes me think this could be a place in the hidden part north of the map. We know there is a lake up there which we don't see completely. A little creek flowing towards this lake would make sense. 

In my opinion this would also fit to the sentence "They chased us from the West, they've chased us over the mountains".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, VikingCat32 said:

It's done in online, I would suggest doing Friendly Mode. You'll need another player to help you out. Should only take about a minute to complete.

Step 1: Get in a Lobby with Player 2 who is helping you.

Step 2: Invite Player 2 to a Posse, and instruct them not to accept it, until you give tell them to.

Step 3: Enter The Outfitter, then leave. When you're on the Loading Screen, tell Player 2 to accept the Posse Invite and Teleport to Posse Leader.

If done correctly, Player 2 will be outside the map, where the Outfitter is located.

Step 4: Leave the Posse and asked Player 2 to create a new one and send you an invite.

Step 5: Accept Invite from Player 2, and Teleport to Posse Leader.

You both should be outside the map now. Enjoy! 😀

Wow thanks a lot man I've been wanting to do that glitch for years 

• Like 1

Nothing particularly new or noteworthy in this shot, but it's a pretty good map of Roanoke Ridge from stem to stern.   Most of the buildings listed are hidden in the wash of sunrise, but the buildings of the Central Union Railroad Camp can be seen nearby.   Looking east, from a low plateau on The Heartlands, probably just below Emerald Ranch.

WkldyPW.jpg

ZtiuLTJ.jpg

• Like 6