• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuPz0r

• BretMaverick777

• Chinese Takeout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made an update to the terrain map. Went in and fixed a few more issues. Added a more realistic colour pallet.      3D view: https://skfb.ly/6AXNp

I realise I don't have a good time of day, but note the gap in the floorboards in RDR1

Río del Lobo?  

The moment I saw below scenes for the first time I instantly thought of RDR ... this seems so familiar, I think it's Beechers Hope and therefore confirms the map!

You can see the Silo from Marston's Ranch left to the windmill :monocle:

600x338.jpg600x338.jpg

while I agree with you that this indeed looks very similar to Beechers Hope it wouldn't confirm the "leaked" map because there are no rail tracks in West Elizabeth. I still think it's fake and to be honest, I hope it is. while I think it's an awesome idea to create a map based on things we see in trailers and screenshots, I really don't want to know how the map actually looks until I can explore it by myself.

Dee-account-with-1kbans

It doesn't look like we will be seeing any deserts by the looks of the map.

yep. This takes place north of the last game. Looks like Montana/Colorado/Louisiana-ish

Is it just me or does the leaked map actually look like a pants-less man trying to f*** a duck? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who sees this. (I dunno if this has been posted before.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Rockstar's ballsy humor and all...

Thank you, now I can't unsee it. :/
Dee-account-with-1kbans

Is it just me or does the leaked map actually look like a pants-less man trying to f*** a duck? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who sees this. (I dunno if this has been posted before.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Rockstar's ballsy humor and all...

Thank you, now I can't unsee it. :/

Ive always seen it as a guy hitting it from the back

So if the leaked map is to be believed, this will be joined with the old, RDR1 map?

I hope they add a little old town called Brimstone somewhere. And when a train pulls up to it, the guy feeding the engine with do a dramatic call out - "Next stop: Brimstone!"

And hopefully this music plays:

Edited by Icantthinkofonew

anyone else think this part of the trailer is in new bordeaux?

those big brick houses suggest it's a large civilized town. they give off a new orleans vibe as well what with the little cast-iron balcony, which are iconic new orleans architectural pieces, especially in the french quarter

Holy sh*t

SkT8O9C.jpg

gAatitD.jpg

BtjNmdM.jpg

That's "The Pelham Hotel" and a building close to it in New Orlean.

Edited by -Quantum-
Dee-account-with-1kbans

anyone else think this part of the trailer is in new bordeaux?

those big brick houses suggest it's a large civilized town. they give off a new orleans vibe as well what with the little cast-iron balcony, which are iconic new orleans architectural pieces, especially in the french quarter

Holy sh*t

SkT8O9C.jpg

gAatitD.jpg

BtjNmdM.jpg

That's "The Pelham Hotel" and a building close to it in New Orlean.

ehhh thats a bit of a stretch. And I dont think those buildings were built in the 1800s

Just for grins, I thought I'd link to a map of New Orleans from around the suspected time-frame of the game. IDK if it's worth comparing to the leaked map's "New Bordeaux."

new_orleans_1878.jpg

• Like 1

Since it seems both Red Dead (RDR1 and RDR2's leaked version) maps are smaller than/similar to GTAV's map, is it too crazy to think this might be the first Rockstar game that combines a map from a previous title, along with the new territories as well?

• Like 2

Made a video summarizing a lot of the theories in this thread, and a few of my own. Sadly I missed some good stuff, one being that the oil field/traintrack appears in the final scene, and that the first & last scenes could be 'book-ends' in the same location (hero approaching the rail line, meets up with 6 other protags, keeps going over the hill - a nod we wouldn't realize until after launch). But it's better than reading 10 pages :p

Made a video summarizing a lot of the theories in this thread, and a few of my own. Sadly I missed some good stuff, one being that the oil field/traintrack appears in the final scene, and that the first & last scenes could be 'book-ends' in the same location (hero approaching the rail line, meets up with 6 other protags, keeps going over the hill - a nod we wouldn't realize until after launch). But it's better than reading 10 pages :p

Great job, I really enjoyed your vid and you definitely make a strong case.

grope_4_that_date

I actually believe the leaked map theory is plausible, only because there are a lot of coincidences that seem to click together. What sticks out the most to me is the rumors that RDR2 may be a sequel to the original storyline and the leaked map contains Beecher's Hope... John Marston's home! But it can't be proved until we get a few more trailers... or when the game is delayed a few times and finally released.

qCb1LGk.jpg

Edited by grope_4_that_date

Proof that we see what we want to see : you're talking about "horseshoe rocks" and link it to the "horseshoe overlook". But the "horseshoe" on the map is clearly the shape made by the river. It's an overlook of this section of the river. :D

qCb1LGk.jpg

Ahah :D

ehhh thats a bit of a stretch. And I dont think those buildings were built in the 1800

Everything here is a bit stretch :lol: And they were in fact built in late 18XX. Here's some history of The Pelham Hotel.

And here is the interesting part: "On March 13, 1842, a pottery warehouse behind the theatre caught fire and spread rapidly." It's interesting, because we can see a burned building in the same shot in the trailer, I guess in that time there were many fires from time to time

I actually believe the leaked map theory is plausible, only because there are a lot of coincidences that seem to click together. What sticks out the most to me is the rumors that RDR2 may be a sequel to the original storyline and the leaked map contains Beecher's Hope... John Marston's home! But it can't be proved until we get a few more trailers... or when the game is delayed a few times and finally released.

qCb1LGk.jpg

Your map is interesting. However about the presence of John's father, he died in a bar fight in Chicago in 1881.

• Like 2

Since it seems both Red Dead (RDR1 and RDR2's leaked version) maps are smaller than/similar to GTAV's map, is it too crazy to think this might be the first Rockstar game that combines a map from a previous title, along with the new territories as well?

That's a good point. Especially for Red Dead Onliine.

Still very crude WIP, but here's what I've got from looking at only the screencaps from the trailer. Some parts of the map dip low enough to be rivers, so I've added rivers where I think there is one.

nSAip4i.jpg

You pretty much recreated the leaked map but turned it 90 degrees clockwise.

• Like 2

^ lol this leaked map is looking more and more real. If it is real then this thread wont be half as entertaining.

I love the suprise of opening a game for the first time and exploring the map myself.

• Like 1

Okay, so I decided I'd take a shot at mapping what we've seen so far from the trailer. What I'm trying to do is align all the various scenes which we know feature the same mountains by creating a 3D model in an attempt to determine the correct proportions and layout of the map.

So far, I've created this crude map as a reference (nothing is labeled):
UeOP25w.png

With that map, I have been able to create this using a height map created with Photoshop and Blender:
oG6SgKD.png

As you can see, I have only just begun. However, in theory, I should be able to establish the locations of all of the linked scenes in relation to each other and the rest of the map through mapping the mountains in 3D like this. Also, this means we will now have a 3D version of the map to view from any other location for future reference / changes.

Edited by jaredk_

Can we not just work from the trailer and ignore the "leaked" map tho

if they match up, cool, but the topic is lot more boring when it's people trying to fudge the trailer scenes into places on that map imo, it doesn't really get anywhere

According to my knowledge, moon at this scene is in the zenith, like in GTAV. That give an answer about world directions here. Moon is placed at the south (if R* fixed), probably moving to west (opposite to V, lol), so maybe that will be a bit helpful for you.

aRJFpZp.jpg

Edited by _CP_

Proof that we see what we want to see : you're talking about "horseshoe rocks" and link it to the "horseshoe overlook". But the "horseshoe" on the map is clearly the shape made by the river. It's an overlook of this section of the river. :D

You sure? The landmark is pretty far inland, but I guess you could be right. I didn't notice until after uploading that the oil fields are visible over the train-bridge so I'm not correct either way :p. Good eye.

They're definitely crossing a railroad track with mountains, a bridge leading to the oil field, and the oil field at the base of greener hill to their right. You made me take another look at things.

rzuprP3.png

One thing I didn't notice a few frames later...

x2t5LMe.png

Long building to the right of the oil rigs, at the far slope of the green hill. With this perspective:

iQZrypw.png

And the map...

4W5Jxxu.png

EDIT: Didn't see the new post. Sorry you feel that way but I have to disagree, you're free to ignore it and draw your own conclusions, but trying to stop everyone else from acknowledging the map will only delay things pointlessly if it is real. If it isn't I'm glad to be proven wrong, otherwise you can keep scrolling past these posts.

Edited by TurtleeyGTA

EDIT: Didn't see the new post. Sorry you feel that way but I have to disagree, you're free to ignore it and draw your own conclusions, but trying to stop everyone else from acknowledging the map will only delay things pointlessly if it is real. If it isn't I'm glad to be proven wrong, otherwise you can keep scrolling past these posts.

I'm not too fond of the leaked map thing, but IMO the way you're doing it is fine. Finding enough landmarks to make a potential map on your own, then trying to see if it fits on the map could actually help.

Btw, nice find for the bridge, I hadn't noticed it, and I don't think I saw anyone mention it here before your video (sorry if i'm wrong).

I'm wondering what the thing left to the building is. Maybe it's just another building but it seems segmented, so I'm thinking train.

Oh and, another thing : in scene 13, the poles that are near traintracks go through the oil field, whereas on the map the taintrack are way south of the oil field, so I'm still not sure it's the same place / the map is real :D

Edited by Fachewachewa

I wonder why is Dakota River on the map called like that? Of course it can be just a placeholder name, but Rockstar always name some files of their games by the name of its originals, like in san andreas or gta 4 they have named some files like LA, Queens etc. if this files are related to the game places, so LA is Los Santos, Queens is Dukes and so on. So there is a possibility that Dakota River is somehow related to South or North Dakota states. Maybe Dakota River is Missouri River?

And by the way, there's also Montana River on the map. Montana state is a neighboring state to both North and South Dakota states, and the "Little Creek" river could be "Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone River" whis is come from Missouri River

BU9olcR.jpg

Clarks-Fork-of-the-Yellowstone-River-Pil

Edited by -Quantum-
  • Like 1

The best way to deal with the leaked map to keep testing it against released information. Don't assume it's real, don't assume it's fake, just let the evidence prove it one way or the other.

• Like 2

^ lol this leaked map is looking more and more real. If it is real then this thread wont be half as entertaining.

I love the suprise of opening a game for the first time and exploring the map myself.

Even if it is real, the surprise factor might not be as bold but it will still be incredible to explore the map yourself!

You sure? The landmark is pretty far inland, but I guess you could be right. I didn't notice until after uploading that the oil fields are visible over the train-bridge so I'm not correct either way :p. Good eye.

They're definitely crossing a railroad track with mountains, a bridge leading to the oil field, and the oil field at the base of greener hill to their right. You made me take another look at things.

rzuprP3.png

One thing I didn't notice a few frames later...

x2t5LMe.png

Long building to the right of the oil rigs, at the far slope of the green hill. With this perspective:

iQZrypw.png

And the map...

4W5Jxxu.png

Could the long building be the same building we see in the sceene with the cows? Where we see the man jump on the horse.