1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Kirsty

Red Dead Redemption 2 Debut Trailer Released!

TommySpaghetti

The debut was similar to GTA IV more than GTA V IMO. In GTA IV, we had all the build up with the music in the background showing the city and stuff followed by Niko speaking a few words at the end. In this Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer we had the music in the background building up the scene until the "Man with no name" (as I'm calling him at this moment :D) speaks a few words. In GTA V, Michael talked quite a bit (not throughout the entire trailer) but very vocal in the beginning.

That's just the way I'm seeing it.

PkUnzipper

FINALLY! And the graphics looked super optimized for PC as well. From HD res textures to DoF lighting etc.

Hanger 13 needs to take an entire notebook on how R* handled the graphics in the new trailer.

greenrock

The debut was similar to GTA IV more than GTA V IMO. In GTA IV, we had all the build up with the music in the background showing the city and stuff followed by Niko speaking a few words at the end. In this Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer we had the music in the background building up the scene until the "Man with no name" (as I'm calling him at this moment :D) speaks a few words. In GTA V, Michael talked quite a bit (not throughout the entire trailer) but very vocal in the beginning.

So its not a stretch to assume that the narrator for the RDR 2 trailer is the protagonist?

ThroatSlasher2

I might be the only one, but that voice actor in the trailer reminds me of Billy Grey a lot.

so Lou Sumrall, the voice actor for Billy Grey

386187_10150496625487770_6765422769_8514

Looks like a young Barry Trotz

PkUnzipper

Now we play the waiting game.

Yeah but as much as I want to get it the second Steam releases it, I'm going to hold off until the Youtube reviews hit. Especially if they don't allow us to beta test before release....

Mafia 3 got me so completely traumatized I'm at the point of total paranoia.

The other thing that has me hooked is the amount of immersion they teased us with. From

• NPCs in the canoe (does this mean we'll be able to use boating and/or swim?)
  • Working trains (will we be able to rob/ambush these? Or ride them around the map as an alternative to riding horses?)
  • Migrating buffalo which seem to respond to the danger of the train (hopefully the wildlife AI will be far superior to the ones we encountered in Mafia 3 to date)
  • PC jobs are back? Like herding cattle? As a working cowboy?
  • Working horse carriages? Yet another way to travel around the wild west besides horseback?
  • Horse follower? Horse following NPC and/or PC?
  • Posse riding for multiplayer mode?
  • And then this CAMPING? Skyrim-esque shot that just blew me away: :blink:

Capture.jpg

Looks like they've got the vanilla nigh time lighting scheme down. Although the level of lighting seems a tad too bright. Really hope they plan on releasing this gen on PC. Mods would definitely extend the shelf life of this franchise and give it the recognition it deserves.

Can now forgive R* for the sewer GTAO has devolved the franchise into. Well almost.

Edited by PkUnzipper

KingofVenturas

No underwater crap plz just exchange that for more interiors. Btw who else has started playing the rdr campaign again?

Agree 100 percent ! The Gta V underwater interiors were nice to look at, but not worth the effort they put in for the 10 times I actually went in the water.

DiemessGTA

No underwater crap plz just exchange that for more interiors. Btw who else has started playing the rdr campaign again?

Agree 100 percent ! The Gta V underwater interiors were nice to look at, but not worth the effort they put in for the 10 times I actually went in the water.

Would rather have the ability to fish than have a pretty underwater landscape.

PkUnzipper

It was just a lazy dev way of not using the entire map to it's full capacity. Deliberately underutilized underwater areas not withstanding....

I mean come on---LSC IS STILL A [email protected] ISLAND FFS.

Repeat. A. [email protected] ISLAND. And they didn't even bother to pretend it was connected to anything else by hinting at it through conversations with protags in SP and later GTAO. It's like a tidal tsunami took out SF & LV and left LSC as the only remaining body of land in the state of San Andreas....

WTF hasn't the fan base rioted about this BSh*tter to date??

OfficialTwiggz

Would rather have the ability to fish than have a pretty underwater landscape.

I'd give my left nut if we could fish, set up camp with others, and hunt for food honestly.

f*ck underwater sh*t and five finger filet. Give us more interiors and other options to do random sh*t.

saintsrow

:^: Great point! The GTA IV was just a teaser, but it seemed to me at the time to be an epic thing, because I was familiar with the movie

, which the teaser was modeled after.

Distrom

If RDR2 was released on PC then that's how graphic mods would look like. In 2010-2011 already.

And that's how mod's trailer would look like.

Cheap job from C*.

Are you just going to bitch about this game until it gets a PC announcement? Your butthurt is immense. Literally all you've done since it wasn't announce for PC is behave like a spoiled brat.

I think he's trying to be the next Zee.But Zee was actually funny...

Chinese Takeout

So its not a stretch to assume that the narrator for the RDR 2 trailer is the protagonist?It's a bit of a stretch to automatically assume the speaker is the protagonist at this point. We have absolutely zero context for who is speaking, and why they're saying what they're saying. At this point there are two, and only two, possibilities:

1. The speaker is the protagonist

2. The speaker is not the protagonist

Here's the RDR1 teaser trailer. Many speakers. At the very end we hear John briefly. I think this reinforces the 50/50 state. Could go either way.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=UNZrD2BiH7M

Edited by Chinese Takeout

Switchblade Eyes

I don't think the voice in the trailer is the protaganist. Feels more like someone else talking to, or giving advice, to him.

saintsrow

I don't think the voice in the trailer is the protaganist. Feels more like someone else talking to, or giving advice, to him.

Indeed, more probably a line from a mission giver.

greenrock

Indeed, more probably a line from a mission giver.

It's 50/50

They could be following the GTA 4 and GTA 5 approach where both Niko and Michael were the narrators of the first trailer

or the red dead approach where the first trailer was not John..

one would assume they would follow the RDR approach, but then again the RDR 2 trailer resembled the GTA 4 trailer more so than the RDR trailer

toxluv

Loved the trailer! It just showed everything I wanted to see, and it exceeded my highest expectations - the world, attention to detail, atmosphere and graphics are just stunning.

Edited by toxluv

MMXXVGlory

I just happened to see this Red Dead Redemption: 2 teaser trailer be presented as a PlayStation 4 television spot / advertisement via TBS.:) It occurred during a commercial break of an episode of Family Guy that I had recorded via DVR last night.

I could not initially affirm as to whether it was Red Dead Redemption: 2 or not, but the very first segment of this commercial elicited very strong familiarity. An open, spacious field comprised of seemingly derelict land. As subtle chills proceeded to prolifetate about me, it was then that I was beginning to ponder: 'Did Rockstar Games actually take the epic initiative to inconspicuously plaster this brilliant footage, a trailer, as the prologue to an aggressive marketing campaign for Red Dead Redemption: 2?'

I would have to wonder if the aforementioned notion may be becoming to fruition.

Lo and behold, after that first segment, came the detectable overtones of a kind of solemn, beautifully orchestrated piano solo. Then there was a fusion of cinematography before the summoning of a nameless silhouette. A gunslinger, gazing intently at the mercilessness of fire embers in his jaded peripheral vision. Perhaps to be deemed as the protagonist with which we will commandeer. :)

It was indeed, Red Dead Redemption: 2, the trailer, beautified as a television spot. In all of its glory, crisp and prominent. Wow, was I taken back. The awesomeness of Rockstar Games and the new iteration of the RAGE engine, emanating the brilliance and tenacity that I was captivated by, at a first glance in 1080p on a 50-inch display.

After having viewed Red Dead Redemption: 2 from a perspective that will be close to the orientation that I will play it: 1080p on a 55-inch display, my excitement has been officially bolstered. :)

I cannot wait to see how this game matures before its release next fall. It is only going to get more awesome. Moreover, you are awesome, Rockstar, for valiantly spreading the word about this epic project beyond the vehicle of social media, well in advance. :)

saintsrow

I just happened to see this Red Dead Redemption: 2 teaser trailer be presented as a PlayStation 4 television spot / advertisement via TBS. :) It occurred during a commercial break of an episode of Family Guy that I had recorded via DVR last night.

I could not initially affirm as to whether it was Red Dead Redemption: 2 or not, but the very first segment of this commercial elicited very strong familiarity. An open, spacious field comprised of seemingly derelict land. As subtle chills proceeded to prolifetate about me, it was then that I was beginning to ponder: 'Did Rockstar Games actually take the epic initiative to inconspicuously plaster this brilliant footage, a trailer, as the prologue to an aggressive marketing campaign for Red Dead Redemption: 2?'

I would have to wonder if the aforementioned notion may be becoming to fruition.

Lo and behold, after that first segment, came the detectable overtones of a kind of solemn, beautifully orchestrated piano solo. Then there was a fusion of cinematography before the summoning of a nameless silhouette. A gunslinger, gazing intently at the mercilessness of fire embers in his jaded peripheral vision. Perhaps to be deemed as the protagonist with which we will commandeer. :)

It was indeed, Red Dead Redemption: 2, the trailer, beautified as a television spot. In all of its glory, crisp and prominent. Wow, was I taken back. The awesomeness of Rockstar Games and the new iteration of the RAGE engine, emanating the brilliance and tenacity that I was captivated by, at a first glance in 1080p on a 50-inch display.

After having viewed Red Dead Redemption: 2 from a perspective that will be close to the orientation that I will play it: 1080p on a 55-inch display, my excitement has been officially bolstered. :)

I cannot wait to see how this game matures before its release next fall. It is only going to get more awesome. Moreover, you are awesome, Rockstar, for valiantly spreading the word about this epic project beyond the vehicle of social media, well in advance. :)

Indubitably

Jabalous
Indubitably

Undoubtedly* --> Easier for everybody and so that I don't have to use Google translator :lol:

saintsrow

Indubitably

Undoubtedly* --> Easier for everybody and so that I don't have to use Google translator :lol:

Apparently you've never seen the Three Stooges :)

Adrenalist

Thanks for posting this, Kirsty!

Definitely will be taking 1-2 weeks off from work for this. :D

PkUnzipper

You Sir, are one unique pervert. :)

LeakyLine
What a ballsy post.

HBKingJosh

kulZYTz.pngI Think everyone missed the fact that the buildings are painted different colors. Which is a strong contrast to old westerns which towns were generally all the same color wood. Like in Red Dead 2 Generally the onely Houses that were different colors were Mansions that were White. It shows the contrast between the west and the Heartlands

Edited by HBKingJosh

Mister Pinkerton

I just happened to see this Red Dead Redemption: 2 teaser trailer be presented as a PlayStation 4 television spot / advertisement via TBS. :) It occurred during a commercial break of an episode of Family Guy that I had recorded via DVR last night.

I love reading your posts. Some times I sort of drift off while reading your posts and my internal voice mimics that of Martin Prince from the Simpsons in the best way possible.

Trailer has me excited. I do love how animals in the trailer play off each other. I'm sure there'll be plenty of WTF moments when the AI starts going crazy on each other. Like fist fights in GTA IV.