1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Second character

SilverRST

So I bought a MC clubhouse and businesses and soon I regret it because you have to maintain it otherwise LJT keeps calling you like a crazy stalker.

Even when shutting down the businesses, ljt still calls.

I am even considering to create a 2nd character just to get rid of that MC bullsh*thouse.

Will I lose all awards and accomplishments? What will I lose more?

I'd be glad to get rid of undesired weapons and make sure I'll not buy those undesired weapons again.

I'd be glad to get rid of undesired weapons and make sure I'll not buy those undesired weapons again.

Yes. If you make a second character, you can keep all your money, and transfer over a rank of up to 120. Everything else will be from scratch. Stats all low, car mods unlocked but not all paint, no achievements, etc.

Just press Circle/B, hang up and forget about LJT. It's not that serious.

Edited by iamcornholio

It's pretty how after all the grief people gave Rockstar with annoying calls in GTAIV they go and pull this sh*t. They really do resent their audience, don't they?

Edited by Maibatsu545

I am on PC.

Yeah, it's not that serious. But calling too often is just plain stupid.

It's pretty how after all the grief people gave Rockstar with annoying calls in GTAIV they go and pull this sh*t. They really do resent their audience, don't they?

It's not like that. It would be nice if we could sell the mc clubhouse and businesses.

If you have a gun locker, you can store the weapons you don't want. I was thrilled to get a lot of that crap off my weapon wheel.

If you have a gun locker, you can store the weapons you don't want. I was thrilled to get a lot of that crap off my weapon wheel.

Too bad you still have all your undesired weapons in setups and heists.
  • Like 2

in IV we had the option to turn off the phone calls, so that was not an issue back then...

sh*t got real once gtao when live and i couldnt find the option to turn off the calls from the contacts!!!

in IV we had the option to turn off the phone calls, so that was not an issue back then...

sh*t got real once gtao when live and i couldnt find the option to turn off the calls from the contacts!!!

Or even block selected contacts, even better.

And give us the opportunity sell properties, businesses and weapons would be really nice too.

write to rockstar, if enough people do it will probs be fixed next update or patch

It's very unlikely they'll fix that.

you'll never know if you don't try. I emailed Rockstar about the Mamba not having the front lip mod with short windshield, and on the next update it was added. I'm sure I wasn't the only one to email them, but you get my point.

Edited by iamcornholio

Alright. I'll try to contact them.

Will the stats be shared like Cops/noose killed, vehicles destroyed/stolen, wins/losses etc shared or seperate?

Alright. I'll try to contact them.

Will the stats be shared like Cops/noose killed, vehicles destroyed/stolen, wins/losses etc shared or seperate?

separate. even heist unlocks are separate

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I bought the clubhouse...but beyond that...meh...i pretty much expected sh*tty payouts.

The new contact...well...just an other sh*tty contact added to the bunch

Or even block selected contacts, even better.

And give us the opportunity sell properties, businesses and weapons would be really nice too.

Or just getting rid of them...i doubt rockstar ever would allow selling them.

Yeah, pretty much start from scratch. Only thing that's shared is money in the bank. I've been playing my second character as well, because I made the foolish decision to waste money on an MC clubhouse. I haven't even been an MC pres more than 5 minutes. It's soooo lame. And then I discovered just to make money with it you have to spend a f*ckING MILLION on some dumbass meth lab or whatever, which in turn makes you constantly run errands all over the city to get "supplies". FFS I wish we could sell properties I'd sell that clubhouse so fast.

Some stats are shared though. Wins/Losses from Racing, Deathmatches, Parachuting, Sporting Events, etc are all shared between multiple characters. Total player kills/deaths are also a shared statistic.

Most of the car mods can now be unlocked based on level (as opposed to solely winning races), so you will have that in your favour if you decide to start a new one. However, yes, specific paints, weapon tints, etc will all have to be unlocked again with the new character.

I just finished creating 2nd character but there are no barbers shops and clothes stores to enter.

Discard the trouble, it somehow got fixed..

Edited by SilverRST

FrugalDangerMan

Another benefit of 2nd character is 2x the daily objectives. If you can do both every day you'll stand to make a combined 2.8 million every 28 days.

Tips for attempting this:

1) Always wait a few minutes after popping an objective to be sure it saves. Changing PVS or entering a safe house can expedite this process.

2) Do any race/dm/mission based objectives last as exiting to Free roam guarantees it will save.

3) when you're awarded the daily payout record your total banked cash before switching to 2nd character. If the amount is lower after the switch go back and try that last objective one more time because it didn't stick. Trust me, it sucks when that happens on day 25 and you don't catch it.

I see, that's also a nice benefit.

Finally got rid of a sh*tload of weapons and no more switching.

I noticed I can't have ammo up to 9999. Why? Will ammo increase over time?

2nd character is lvl 120.

Edited by SilverRST

I see, that's also a nice benefit.

Finally got rid of a sh*tload of weapons and no more switching.

I noticed I can't have ammo up to 9999. Why? Will ammo increase over time?

2nd character is lvl 120.

Because your shooting stat is low. As I told you it would happen, in my first post. It will increase when your shooting stat goes up. Spend some time at the shooting range.

Your health will be sh*t too because health stat is low, your flying will be harder, etc.

Edited by iamcornholio

Yes. If you make a second character, you can keep all your money, and transfer over a rank of up to 120. Everything else will be from scratch. Stats all low, car mods unlocked but not all paint, no achievements, etc.

Wait, if I create a second character rank 120 all car mods are still UNLOCKED? I won't need to win races again?

Edited by jdwarfer

Wait, if I create a second character rank 120 all car mods are still UNLOCKED? I won't need to win races again?

That's right.

It's a great time to have a second character.

Edited by iamcornholio

OMG yeah. So we just lose vehicles, properties and stats. I can go with that. I just need more money xD

Edited by jdwarfer

OMG yeah. So we just lose vehicles, properties and stats. I can go with that. I just need more money xD

You get hooked up with a heist apartment + 10 car garage when you make that second character. Forgot to mention that.

Profits can be huge though

Daily Objectives x2

Crates/Biker work x2

Simeon cars x2

Car sell every 48 min

Pac Standard finale x2

A second character is nice to have more for garage space, but it's a real money sink.Even still, it feels like it adds more replay value. I started mine around Xmas and got him over 250 in about 7 or 8 weeks. I generally only use him when I'm bored now!

I'm gonna be making a 2nd character, and whenever I feel they're "complete" I'll probably delete the first one.

I'm only going to buy 3 properties (4 Integrity Way) + office (Arcadia), so far as property. The only Pegasus vehicles I'm going to buy are the Hydra, Buzzard, Savage, Rhino, Insurgent.

But I'm currently waiting until Rockstar fixes the minor bug with Tear Gas and custom weapon loadouts. Basically if you buy pipebombs and hide Tear Gas. It'll show up in the 'buy ammo' player menu as one shy of max. If you buy, it'll show up in your list, if you toggle disable/enable custom weapon layout, it goes back to saying it's one short.

I haven't been called about my forgery in f*cking ages now. I did 1-2 supply runs so it was in the green then shut it down(mostly because $126k isn't even worth it..)

Edited by Kushology

CaptainMarvel

I thought if you left a small amount of supplies in your business AND then shut down the business stops LJTs phone calls?

If you guys have a 2nd character and plan to stick on it, swap over to your 1st character and sell the cars you own.

After you sold all cars, buy a cheaper appartment/house to get half of the money back from your other appartments.

I am happy with the 2nd character and I no longer buy any useless stuff like some weapons, helicopters, businesses and pegasus vehicles.

I only buy what I mostly use and no more owning like an antire ammunation.

It's stupid. If you buy something, you should be able to sell, just like you can do with vehicles you bought.

But R* thinks the otherwise.