Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,895 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Legend912

RDR2: What platform will you play on?

What platform will you play RDR2 on?  

382 members have voted

1. 1. What platform will you play RDR2 on?

Jason

PS4 Pro support is a banker, Sony paid for that jazz they're gonna get it. Xbox One X will proooobably get it but I expect it'll be no better than PS4 Pro support, but who knows there.

Heidi McCourt

already preordered for ps4 pro because its a sony exclusive plus I'm mainly a console gamer so won't be to crazy over PC but maybe somewhere down the line i may get it for PC just because.

Sleepwalking

PS4, and if released i am going to get PC version too.

(Mods mods mods)

Murray Bunyan

I’ll pick up an Xbox One X when RDR2 releases. For now I’m just rocking an OG XB1

Just a heads up, enhancement patches might only arrive with the pc version, they usually have tight schedules and I don't see them having a full enhancement patch for both the Pro and the X due for spring release too

That would be silly of them. They've already said that RDR2 will support PS4 and Xbox One 'systems'. They're obviously referring to the mid-gen upgrades. I've no doubt they'll support them at launch.

Sensei ‎

I’ll pick up an Xbox One X when RDR2 releases. For now I’m just rocking an OG XB1

Just a heads up, enhancement patches might only arrive with the pc version, they usually have tight schedules and I don't see them having a full enhancement patch for both the Pro and the X due for spring release too

That would be silly of them. They've already said that RDR2 will support PS4 and Xbox One 'systems'. They're obviously referring to the mid-gen upgrades. I've no doubt they'll support them at launch.

So what you're trying to say is that if they said that they would only support the base consoles they would've said the PS4 and Xbox One system instead

one55

PS4.

If PC released same time as console then I'd get it for PC. I'm not waiting for Rockstar to release it on PC (GTA V PC version released 19 months after PS3/360).

When the PC version comes out I won't be buying it. I fell for double dipping with GTA V but I won't be falling for it this time. Rockstar will be lucky if I even bother buying the game new on PS4...if they put too much focus on Red Dead Online then I'll just be buying it second hand and selling it once I'm done so that they don't get anything from me.

SeniorDerp

Ill pick up an Xbox One X when RDR2 releases. For now Im just rocking an OG XB1

Either way my main reasonings for the X has little to do with having the top tier graphics. My current One is a 500gb setup which starting to really suck and Ill only pay probably $200 out of pocket for it (maybe less by the time I pull the trigger) My work allocates points based of customer surveys and I can redeem those points for $100 visa gift cards

D9fred95

XB1, don't really feel like buying a PS4 for one game.

J.Dillinger Blackheart

PS4 PRO!

Heidi McCourt
Posted (edited)

Xbox One X. It's right up there with high end PC's and far superior then PS4 Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalFoundry/search?query=xbox+one+x

I never compared the two but ill take your word, but you know what I noticed PS4 has tons of exclusives and almost all of the most anticipated games of this year are exclusive for PS4 but where's Xbox...they deserve something its crazy man.

Edited by Heidi McCourt

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Yea that is my thing, xbox x may be "powerful" but it offers nothing im interested at all in terms of "Games".

DexMacLeod

I'll be on the Xbox. PS4 has a handful of exclusives I'd like to play but nothing that would get me to shell out the cash required to be a two console owner. Even if I had neither system right now and was looking to buy I'd probly still end up going with xbox, honestly. All my friends are on xbox, I still have a backlog of 360 games that are backward compatible and State of Decay 2 trumps any exclusives PS4 has for me.

bucky1965

Hopefully pc version is released this time. Don't expect it to release until the updates for the xbox x and the ps4pro roll out.

Fubbick

One X. I've been playing on both PS and Xbox for a long time, but when it came down to One X or Pro I decided to stick with One X. The exclusives are more appealing to me, and I like playing old gen games without having to re-buy them ;). I might also get it on PC (if that happens), but that all depends on how many improvements there are. GTA V had enough improvements to make it worth it, but if RDR2 on One X supports 4K or 1080p60fps I'll probably skip PC.

Safari

easily ps4 pro along with the other long list of exclusives Xbox don't have.

Jack Lupino

PC Gamer 4 Life :)

But I won't buy RDR2 as I have a list of 10 other games that I want to try out first in my new gaming pc.

Offtopic:Will R* ever release the original rdr game for Pc?

JayKed20

PS4

Jo1997

Just curious as to what everyone will be playing on. I would really like to meet some of ya'll in the game when the online comes out and just roam the world of RDR2. Would be cool if they have custom servers where we can make a RDR2 Gen Chat server where everyone from this forum could join in. :r*:

Reno_

Just curious as to what everyone will be playing on. I would really like to meet some of ya'll in the game when the online comes out and just roam the world of RDR2. Would be cool if they have custom servers where we can make a RDR2 Gen Chat server where everyone from this forum could join in. :r*:

Waiting for PC but might buy a PS4.

damienrayemusic

idk why i never thought of this. Even now id love people to add me on xbox and ps4, maybe play RDR. But i will be playing Red Dead Redemption II on Xbox One X and PS4

SuperKitsune

I will play it on Xbox one S

zachsterosu

Good ol' original Xbox One

SuperKitsune

When the time comes..you should add me on xbox...this is over, yah!

damienrayemusic

The way I see it, I will be playing RDR2 mostly on the xbox one x. (Especially if its enhanced like i think it will be) PS4 is to try it on that great system as well and the "timed online content" i will wanna check out.

IG_

The way I see it, I will be playing RDR2 mostly on the xbox one x. (Especially if its enhanced like i think it will be) PS4 is to try it on that great system as well and the "timed online content" i will wanna check out.

Pretty sure games are now required to be enhanced for PS4 Pro and XB1.

SeniorDerp

Im still pounding away on one of these bad boys. Kind of excited to pick up an X for RDR2 though

Edited by SeniorDerp

Rockstar Vienna

Nothing's required unfortunately. It's up to the developer alone. The only thing you should always get with the better hardware is a more stable framerate. But it's totally up to the developer if the game will have a higher framerate, a higher resolution, HDR support or other graphical enhancements like better lighting etc.

PapasHota

PS4

damienrayemusic

Nothing's required unfortunately. It's up to the developer alone. The only thing you should always get with the better hardware is a more stable framerate. But it's totally up to the developer if the game will have a higher framerate, a higher resolution, HDR support or other graphical enhancements like better lighting etc. considering all the hype around 4k things, and how L.A Noire came out from the get go with 4k in mind, and just rockstar how capable their engine is i bet they will announce 4k soon. Hell id even go as far to say that RDR2 was delayed BECAUSE of making the game from the start in 4k maybe hdr too... they did say "from the ground up for current gen consoles" one could assume they also meant the newest of the new, from the way they worded things in their la noire remastered posts