Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,243 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BUT THE BENZ

Red Dead Voice & Mo-Cap Actors

tonko

Norman Reedus should do some voice over. He has a bad guy voice :lol:

Fraizer

To be honest, I don't expect anything more than people we've barely heard of. Since GTA IV, I've found that pulling up the IMDB of shows like Law and Order, NCIS, CSI, etc. cross reference and see the D-list actors who play victims and/or bad guys in all of them. Boom. potential cast of new rockstar game.

BUT THE BENZ

I would like to bump this thread, because I heard michael madsen is somewhat out of the question as protag. apparently he was not "easy" to work with.

Edited by Noclue_42

Marston1911

Maybe someone who sounds a bit like Ross Hagen so we can maybe get a younger Landon Ricketts in the game.

infectedG636

Rob Wiethoff

The voice actor for John Marston. At least as another character, or stranger. He did very well and won awards for Red Dead Redemption (2010).

Edited by infectedG636

BUT THE BENZ

a cameo appearance should be a given, at least he can't get stomped a la johnny

Johnson Johnson

A Eli Wallach cameo would be appreciated

Idro_Novenalen

A Eli Wallach cameo would be appreciated

He died 3 years ago

Zello

John Marston did get injured during a heist maybe he falls off his horse and Dutch runs him over.

Holland_Hicks

John Marston did get injured during a heist maybe he falls off his horse and Dutch runs him over.

He was shot and left to die. They were robbing a ferry I think.

Johnson Johnson

Rob Wiethoff is back as John Marston i hope

damienrayemusic

I second this!!!

Zello

Roger Clark really does sound a lot like Arthur Morgan

alex3

This is the demoreel that Roger Clark sent to R* in order to get the part as Morgan :p

Mr. Morgan

Well, it's more or less confirmed that Roger Clark is voicing Arthur now, judging by that leaked screenshot and how much Arthur resembles him in it! :D

I'm super impressed by how well he pulls off.. whatever Arthur's accent is. I've been listening to his voice-over work for documentaries and audio books and I've really grown to like how rich his voice is. Pulling off that drawl can't be easy, but I think he's nailed it.

VolumeRX

Well, it's more or less confirmed that Roger Clark is voicing Arthur now, judging by that leaked screenshot and how much Arthur resembles him in it! :D

I'm super impressed by how well he pulls off.. whatever Arthur's accent is. I've been listening to his voice-over work for documentaries and audio books and I've really grown to like how rich his voice is. Pulling off that drawl can't be easy, but I think he's nailed it.

Really? I find it exaggerated and unnatural, but we've only seen short bits of it.

Mr. Morgan

Really? Well, opinions truly are like b*ttholes :D

VolumeRX

They look the same? :O O_O

jk

Cozzi

Some are sh*ttier than others? lol

Mr. Morgan

Everyone has one :'D

Cozzi

srsly you guys. I think R* knows that if Wiethoff isnt in RDR2 for John Marston we're gonna have a gigantic sh*t and bitch about it until the end times. like how there's no PC release for RDR. but it'll be like ten times worse. We know the voice of John. They cant pull a fast one on us with that. Also I hope he knows this and gets paid more for the job this go around. In proportion to his dialogue, i mean. If hes not a major character then he wont have near as many lines, of course.

SuperKitsune

Arthur's voice is the bomb imo. He sounds like a tough sob from the mid west that eats iron bars for breakfast and can strangle a bear with his bare (clever i know) hands.

Safari

srsly you guys. I think R* knows that if Wiethoff isnt in RDR2 for John Marston we're gonna have a gigantic sh*t and bitch about it until the end times. like how there's no PC release for RDR. but it'll be like ten times worse. We know the voice of John. They cant pull a fast one on us with that. Also I hope he knows this and gets paid more for the job this go around. In proportion to his dialogue, i mean. If hes not a major character then he wont have near as many lines, of course.

Also without john it wouldn't make sense because he was practically born in the gang being adopted as a little kid. I don't think he will be a major character until the end where the gang starts to peal and slowly fall and then we will know the full story of john while knowing the full story to Arthur Morgan.

SuperKitsune

Also without john it wouldn't make sense because he was practically born in the gang being adopted as a little kid. I don't think he will be a major character until the end where the gang starts to peal and slowly fall and then we will know the full story of john while knowing the full story to Arthur Morgan. He wasn't born in the gang, nor was there since he was a kid. If I remember correctly, John didn't become a Van der Linde gang member until 17 and started to do major criminal actions in name of the gang until he was 19. Edited by SuperKitsune

RedDeadRenegade

No offense Kitsune (truly) but you've kind off pulled this out of your ass. We really don't have any information about how old John was when he joined the gang, just that he was young and had run away from an orphanage at the time. According to the GOTY manual Dutch saved John from being hung, and taught him how to read and just acted as a father figure to him. Outside of that we know nothing.

Edited by RedDeadRenegade

SuperKitsune

No offense Kitsune (truly) but you've kind off pulled this out of your ass. We really don't have any information about how old John was when he joined the gang, just that he was young and had run away from an orphanage at the time. According to the GOTY manual Dutch saved John from being hung, and taught him how to read and just acted as a father figure to him. Outside of that we know nothing.

No offense taken, I clearly remembered it from a dialogue that John said. If i'm wrong then..well my bad. I really thought it was this way.

I don't want to spread false information on this forum, so if I was wrong then sorry.

Edit: Though different sources state that John lived through his teenage years in an orphanage. Maybe that's why I had this idea in mind for years that John was 17 when joining Dutch's gang, idk.

Edited by SuperKitsune

MaxWolf96

Do you know if Rob Wiethoff is coming back to be John Marston once again? I hope he does, because hearing someone else's voice would be weird.

Safari

Also without john it wouldn't make sense because he was practically born in the gang being adopted as a little kid. I don't think he will be a major character until the end where the gang starts to peal and slowly fall and then we will know the full story of john while knowing the full story to Arthur Morgan.
He wasn't born in the gang, nor was there since he was a kid. If I remember correctly, John didn't become a Van der Linde gang member until 17 and started to do major criminal actions in name of the gang until he was 19.

oh yes my bad i forgot thats when he ran off with abigail whoops

BUT THE BENZ

I think it's safe to assume that JOHN is on the cover, the guy to the left, the one facing away from the rest of the "gang". but I don't think he has that much involvement, we won't see much of him throughout the game. he could be cued in at the end of it, when arthur is no longer in charge, when dutch has taken over (all assumptions) , then he'll be the new kid and he might drop a few lines of dialogue. I DO think R* have wiethoff returning for that special cameo, because, why not!?

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Cozzi

I think it's safe to assume that JOHN is on the cover, the guy to the left, the one facing away from the rest of the "gang". but I don't think he has that much involvement, we won't see much of him throughout the game. he could be cued in at the end of it, when arthur is no longer in charge, when dutch has taken over (all assumptions) , then he'll be the new kid and he might drop a few lines of dialogue. I DO think R* have wiethoff returning for that special cameo, because, why not!?

It all comes down to the timeframe + Arthurs involvement in the gang. if john is grown and about to have a child and arthur rides with the gang for a quarter to half of the story rather than just a few missions john could have a big part and decent amounts of dialogue. I personally think that there's a lot of stuff that R* wants to tell us about Johns backstory this go around so we'll probably get to see him a good amount. Also they now we love him.