1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AGNT009

RDR2 Online Free Aim Lobbies should HIDE player locations too

Should Free Aim Lobbies ALSO Hide All Players?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. RDR2 Online

• Yes! Bring it on!
    • No, Im a coward that needs training wheels to get my kills.

AGNT009

The REAL Gunslingers in Online should be man enough to wander the map, never knowing what danger lurks over the hill or in the next town. GTAV Online's biggest problem is that we all know where everyone is. Thats fine for crew who want to see everyone, but the game feels so much bigger if you dont know where everyone is. Knowing where everyone is at just encourages griefing. Sure it can still happen, but its harder if you have to spot your targets in game manually.

Imagine Free Aim old west, just riding alone on your trusty horse, looking for activities and avoiding trouble. Or out looking for trouble. Imagine oh $#!t moments when you walk into a saloon to see a hostile crew sitting there playing cards. Get out fast or gun them all down. The old west would feel so much more alive and dangerous if you couldnt see where the other non crew were. If you take damage, you show up on the map, like your leaking blood, but fully healed you disappear again.

Maybe if your crew starts killing innocents, a wire alert goes out to just the nearby towns. Your riding along the streets of one town, and the npcs yell to you "Theres trouble over in Clearwater!" Since you are close, you or your posse crew can ride out to save the town for a reward. If the killers stay in town to wait for white knights, they get the reward if the gun down all comers within a time frame. Rob a bank, get a reward, stay for the players to show up and kill them, get their reward too. Or run out of town, and a giant red circle follows you and if the posse gets their late, they can give chase out of town. Anyone nearby can join and help take you down. Obviously the game will send nocs after you, but those guys are quickly killed by average players. You increase your outlaw rep by killing lawmen, or the game lets you put on a badge and increase your lawman rating, from deputy to sheriff to Marshall. If you dont have your badge on and do good stuff, you increase your hero rep.

AGNT009

And 20% more XP for playing in Wild West Free Aim lobbies!

GtaLegend15

Bruh chill out , the game just got announced today

AGNT009

Bruh chill out , the game just got announced today

Hopefully Rockstar reads the great ideas and there is still time to get our requests in. Theres a ton of pressure to get the old west online right this time, since there are no cars or jets or boats to increase the fun and lasting appeal of the old west. If riding around on horses isnt appealing, RDR online dies FAST. I think it lasts longer and is more appealing if you never know how close you are to danger. You can set up camp anywhere on the map and truly hide for a while from players, or wait for unsuspecting players to ride into your turf and take them out.

jdv95

the game isn't even out yet and the free aim elitists are already on a rise.

Madvillain

Free Aim Master Race deal with it AutoAim

FilipCRO

Nope, not gonna happen. Nice idea btw. but the kiddies would not be happy

Dee.

Bring back...

Friendly-can't kill other players         Normal-lock on; can kill other players         Hardcore-No players on minimap;no lock on

B Dawg

Ehh, player locations should be an option.

Auto-aim on the other hand, should not. It's 2016, new controllers and all. How hard is it to aim?

chris_4130

Nah, I'd be down with this as a lobby setting. Hell, I'd like to see a No HUD, No Map, Free AIM Lobby. You could see your posse members names displayed on an easy on/off toggle to find each other. But that's all the info you get.

Immersion-central.

Jon Jon

Hardcore free-aim lobbies please, Rockstar. I spent many many hours in the hardcore free roam lobby in RDR and I would love to do the same again.

darthYENIK

This was a major gripe of mine in RDR1. It made it really hard to make up your own games in free roam.

.Vooodu.

Can we please all band together and make sure R* knows we all want HARDCORE back as it was in RDR.

The f*ckery of GTA O 'free aim' is a f*ckin a joke.

Free aim in GTA O = Always on blips... with soft auto aim.

We need to make sure that does not f*ckin happen to RDR2.

the game isn't even out yet and the free aim elitists are already on a rise.

Im pretty sure elitsit auto aimers will be there to hinder and block anything us free aim (HADRCORE) fans want.. every step of the way..

AGNT009

This was a major gripe of mine in RDR1. It made it really hard to make up your own games in free roam.

Seriously. I barely played RDR1 online. It killed the fun of wandering off to a corner of the map to just screw around, when all that happened was everyone would just instantly come hunt you down because there was little else to do. I dont mind being hunted, but I want it to be more challenging for the Hunter. I have no problem with being able to pull up the lobby list of who's here with me, and see their legend rating or whatever, but make them earn it to come find me. You got a crew, spread out to cover territory and report back over the mics. But to just have a crew roll up in your lobby, and instantly come swarm on your position because they know exactly where you are, thats lame. And I wont play RDR2 Online nearly as long or buy cash cards like I did for GTAO if player blips are always on everywhere you go.

Another hardcore setting Id like to see, when you die, you go back to your designated spawn point, wherever that was, be it your house or motel room or some camp out in the middle of nowhere. But when I get into old west shootouts, Id like sort of an ending to the fight, where when you kill off the aggressors, they arent all back on your nuts instantly chasing you around. Now, you could spawn back to your home, come back, and maybe set up a camp out in the open to spawn there next time, but at least that will slow down aggressors, and you can get out of there before too many players have a chance to do that. Maybe set it to where you couldnt relocate your campfire spawn for at least 12 hours of in game time, so you cant just keep laying down a spawn beacon of sorts everywhere you travel to.

Edited by AGNT009

TommySpaghetti

Red Dead Redemption's Hardcore Free Roam sessions (Free Aim Only) was set up to if you shot a weapon your player blip would appear on the radar and then disappear when you didn't.

Lazid

That would be f*cking amazing.

TreFacTor

The last one hid you as long as you weren't hostile or running (hardcore mode), I'm certain the next one will also. I'm guessing not a lot of you played that mode.

Nope, not gonna happen. Nice idea btw. but the kiddies would not be happy

-_-

Red Dead Redemption's Hardcore Free Roam sessions (Free Aim Only) was set up to if you shot a weapon your player blip would appear on the radar and then disappear when you didn't.

This guy gets it.

;)

Edited by TreFacTor

Jon Jon

Pig Josh was also the fastest jogger and I would use him sometimes when I hunted down other players. However, I mainly used Irish because he seemingly blended in better with bushes that I would hide in while I sniped other players and they rarely ever found me. I loved the Hardcore Free Roam.

.Vooodu.

Guys start messaging and tweeting R* that you want Hardcore back as is..

With...No auto aim and Blips that vanish.

OR.. we all risk getting a sh*t Free aim game mode like GTA O. Which is.. complete f*ckin trash with always on blips and soft auto aim.

Speak now..!!! :D

Edited by .Vooodu.

Jon Jon

Or forever hold your peace!

Shadowfennekin

I'd just like dots not appearing at ALL. Add some realism to the game. That way players can't tell if that random horse going by is a person or NPC

And lets the more peaceful players not get harassed by assholes.

Independiente

It is one of my wishes, like in original Red Dead Redemption, the free aim lobbies would be like you say, and of course, they have to benefit the players with a logic % of extra RP.

Jon Jon

It is one of my wishes, like in original Red Dead Redemption, the free aim lobbies would be like you say, and of course, they have to benefit the players with a logic % of extra RP.

Don't forget extra money too.

Jizzle2014

I hope they have proximity chat too. I don't want to hear a guy screaming about a bear while I'm in black water

Enchilada

Not happening as RDR1 only allowed Aim assist (Hardcore) and Auto aim (Normal)

There was a way to get free aim but that required you to join the same posse for friendly fire.

Edit: Should have said sticky aim but you get the point .

Edited by Enchilada

DangerZ0neX

>Yes! Bring it on!

>No, Im a coward that needs training wheels to get my kills.

Belittling other players with such childish insults only makes you come off as pretentious, and out of spite, people will be wishing that you don't get what you want.

Nutduster

I'd like to have either different lobby types, like in RDR, or at least some adjustments from the GTA:O model of always-on-map. I just don't think that non-stop PvP suits a game like Red Dead. If I'm going to play the hell out of its multiplayer - and I plan to - there should be a little more peace and quiet.

.Vooodu.

Not happening as RDR1 only allowed Aim assist (Hardcore) and Auto aim (Normal)

There was a way to get free aim but that required you to join the same posse for friendly fire.

Edit: Should have said sticky aim but you get the point .

From what i remember... Hardcore was always manual aim.. and you had no options to switch.. Only Dead Aim counted as aim assist... and you had to earn it or find it.

But normal aim had the choice ot auto aim and manual aim.

But normal aim modes was the most annoying thing to play... It made dead aim practically pointless..and made the game boring as f*ck. And it had always on blips.

.Vooodu.

>Yes! Bring it on!

>No, Im a coward that needs training wheels to get my kills.

Belittling other players with such childish insults only makes you come off as pretentious, and out of spite, people will be wishing that you don't get what you want.

Well... taking such a comment personally does not help.

It just us what it is is.. Training wheels.

saintsrow

If Rockstar understood the concept of lobby options (which they don't), this hardcore free aim mode would be so obvious, and we could still have the normal auto aim / radar / baby mode (which I play) for the casuals.

Since gameplay development is just barely started at this point, there should be plenty of time to submit fan suggestions to Rockstar.