3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Crystal3lf

RDR2: Where is PC?

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Being a moron? Oh the irony. Personal attacks is the only rational thing you seem to be "masterful" at.

Err, okay, but you're the one who called my a hypocrit before I called you a moron, so....

Irony indeed.

Moron indeed, too.

No, your non-sense started in RDR2 thread and you brought it here. It's painfully obvious the game will come to PC but you still have to attack anyone who says otherwise.

Exactly when did I attack anyone who said the game wasn't coming on PC?

Get the quotes, I'll wait.

I'm not skimming through an active thread for bullsh*t. The game will come to PC and like you said it's only a matter of when. Goodbye.

Richard Power Colt

I think they at least should have mentioned something about PC, because now we're just left worried and uncertain. Sure it's reasonable to assume that it'll be out on PC eventually, but how long will we have to wait for it? I don't want to wait like a year or more before it comes out on PC. In that case I'll just end up buying the game twice and I'd rather not spend 120 euros, because of one game.

Reyks

As expected, there's a petition to bring Red Dead Redemption 2 to PC!

This should be fixed on the main post IMO, it most likely won't change anything but hey it's definitely worth a try...

Also if this petition reaches some crazy numbers it will probably get some attention from news websites.

Edited by Reyks

The Algerian

Being a moron? Oh the irony. Personal attacks is the only rational thing you seem to be "masterful" at.

Err, okay, but you're the one who called my a hypocrit before I called you a moron, so....

Irony indeed.

Moron indeed, too.

No, your non-sense started in RDR2 thread and you brought it here. It's painfully obvious the game will come to PC but you still have to attack anyone who says otherwise.

Exactly when did I attack anyone who said the game wasn't coming on PC?

Get the quotes, I'll wait.

I'm not skimming through an active thread for bullsh*t.

Well you don't have to.

My posting history is wide open.

Go ahead, take a gander.

Or maybe you already did and found nothing to back your bullsh*t up and want to act now like you're taking the high road?

ninjaontour

I can be what the f*cking ever I want.

He said, not comprehending in the slightest the criticism leveled at him.

F*ck this thread, too much stupid, I'm out.

Richard Power Colt

I think they at least should have mentioned something about PC, because now we're just left worried and uncertain. Sure it's reasonable to assume that it'll be out on PC eventually, but how long will we have to wait for it? I don't want to wait like a year or more before it comes out on PC. In that case I'll just end up buying the game twice and I'd rather not spend 120 euros, because of one game.

What should they have said?

"Releasing on PS4 and Xbox One, Fall 2017. Oh and on PC at some point once we've dealt with getting it out on console first, we're really not sure, but hang in there, PC guys!"

Would have stung less than them saying nothing at all, or just felt like more of a big "f*ck you"?

Maybe something like "PC release date to be announced". At least it would have confirmed that it will come out on PC.

Pat

This is what worries me, and what I think a lot of people in this thread need to consider. It's easy to say "don't worry, it will come to PC eventually" if you have no interest in a potential PC version to begin with, but for those of us that are interested it's a very big case of "what if?" Think back to the DLCs for GTA IV; originally they were exclusive to the Xbox 360, and I remember countless people asking if they would ever be made available to the PS3, people starting petitions begging Rockstar to port them. Eventually it happened, but think about how those players felt before the ports were announced. Obviously it's a different situation since that was a case where Rockstar said outright "these are exclusive" and later changed their tune, and this is just a case of Rockstar (likely intentionally) being vague, but the fact still remains that even if it's very likely that we are going to get a PC version, we don't know for sure.

I do appreciate the reassurances, because in most cases they are made with good intentions from people who want everyone to be able to experience the game, but please do keep in mind that they exacerbate the uncertainty that we're dealing with.

Fuzzknuckles

"Releasing on PS4 and Xbox One, Fall 2017. Oh and on PC at some point once we've dealt with getting it out on console first, we're really not sure, but hang in there, PC guys!"

Would have stung less than them saying nothing at all, or just felt like more of a big "f*ck you"?

Maybe something like "PC release date to be announced". At least it would have confirmed that it will come out on PC.

Or they could wait until they're sure they can actually bring it to PC at a standard they're proud of before announcing it.

I mean, look what happened that time that guy vaguely mentioned SP DLC for V and all the trouble that's caused. Perhaps at this point they're not far enough along in development/porting to PC to be sure they can actually do it. I figure that's why RDR1 never made it to PC - they just simply couldn't make it happen in time to be relevant and other projects got in the way.

Osho

o m g .. petition has already crossed 3,117 supporters within minutes. It was around 2,800 when I posted. Looks like too many PC players are upset about the lack of mention to PC in the announcement.

Raavi

Two jokers have received 48-hour temps for continuing to perpetuate this sh*tty console - PC war bullsh*t, despite our previous warnings.

Who's next?

Mr. Bond

40520916a1c9361db6a6aba15f7ad40e.png

GTA V is always top 3-5 most played game on steam, so I really hope R* look at the stats and realize that they will get sales.

ninjaontour

Or they could wait until they're sure they can actually bring it to PC at a standard they're proud of before announcing it.

I mean, look what happened that time that guy vaguely mentioned SP DLC for V and all the trouble that's caused. Perhaps at this point they're not far enough along in development/porting to PC to be sure they can actually do it. I figure that's why RDR1 never made it to PC - they just simply couldn't make it happen in time to be relevant and other projects got in the way.

RDR never made it to PC because it was an abortion at the code-level. It actually nearly didn't get released, and were it not for the efforts of Les The Benz it probably would've been doomed.

With consoles/PC being on the same architecture now, this scenario is extremely unlikely. We know that GTAV was a parallel build as far back as 2012, so I'd hazard a guess that we're looking at a similar structure. The fact that a trailer is dropping thursday suggests they're at a level in development where they're comfortable showing off what they have.

Also, remember the first trailer for GTA Online? That wasn't shot on a console, but it's what they used to advertise it.

Fuzzknuckles

RDR never made it to PC because it was an abortion at the code-level. It actually nearly didn't get released, and were it not for the efforts of Les The Benz it probably would've been doomed.

With consoles/PC being on the same architecture now, this scenario is extremely unlikely. We know that GTAV was a parallel build as far back as 2012, so I'd hazard a guess that we're looking at a similar structure. The fact that a trailer is dropping thursday suggests they're at a level in development where they're comfortable showing off what they have.

Also, remember the first trailer for GTA Online? That wasn't shot on a console, but it's what they used to advertise it.

Yeah, I'm totally aware of this, though I'm not sure The Benz single-handedly saved the game. [wink emoticon]

I can't remember the exact gap but remember the first trailer for V and the time between that, and release (including delay?) I'm hopeful they'll hit deadline (for once) on this and the PC version will be announced long before that release, but I suspect delays on both PC and console between now and then. Pessimistic? Maybe. Realistic? Oh yes.

Osho

Damn, 3,425 supporters, lol.

The numbers are increasing so fast. PC players are on fire!

Richard Power Colt

I don't see why they couldn't do it considering how most Triple A games do come out on PC and the current-gen consoles are more similar to PC in terms of hardware than last-gen. If other projects are getting in the way then I see it as them prioritizing the wrong things. A PC release shouldn't be any less important than a console release.

Spider-Vice

Two jokers have received 48-hour temps for continuing to perpetuate this sh*tty console - PC war bullsh*t, despite our previous warnings.

Who's next?

As an addendum, let me x-post this from the RDR 2 thread as a big and juicy reminder for those who only frequent this thread:

Anyone bickering, namecalling or otherwise trolling with PC/console wars will be dealt with.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Snowman

I'm 99% sure this is going to get a PC release. Back in 2010 the PC gaming market was not as accessible as it is now, R* sucked at PC ports (for the most part) and with RDR being a highly experimental game that was mostly spaghetti code it was pretty much doomed to console-only.

Fuzzknuckles

I don't see why they couldn't do it considering how most Triple A games do come out on PC and the current-gen consoles are more similar to PC in terms of hardware than last-gen. If other projects are getting in the way then I see it as them prioritizing the wrong things. A PC release shouldn't be any less important than a console release.

I mean, I'm just playing devils advocate here but...

Surely delaying it and providing an enhanced version with more features than the console version shows that it's, actually, a higher priority to them, in terms of getting it right and ironing out issues found on console first?

Just because something arrives before something else, doesn't mean it has higher priority in the sense that it's "more important" to them. It could just be easier to make it ready for console first. I'm just thinking out loud here really.

Not A Nice Person

As expected, there's a petition to bring Red Dead Redemption 2 to PC!

This should be fixed on the main post IMO, it most likely won't change anything but hey it's definitely worth a try...

Also if this petition reaches some crazy numbers it will probably get some attention from news websites.

I hope not. News websites are to report actual news. Video games aren't news.

Fuzzknuckles

Video games aren't news.

And yet Britney Spears shaving her head made international news.

I remember when Manhunt made the news in the UK, I recall watching it on the main evening news bulletin. People were afraid of games back then. When really, they should have been afraid of the people playing them.

Xerukal

This is what worries me, and what I think a lot of people in this thread need to consider. It's easy to say "don't worry, it will come to PC eventually" if you have no interest in a potential PC version to begin with, but for those of us that are interested it's a very big case of "what if?" Think back to the DLCs for GTA IV; originally they were exclusive to the Xbox 360, and I remember countless people asking if they would ever be made available to the PS3, people starting petitions begging Rockstar to port them. Eventually it happened, but think about how those players felt before the ports were announced. Obviously it's a different situation since that was a case where Rockstar said outright "these are exclusive" and later changed their tune, and this is just a case of Rockstar (likely intentionally) being vague, but the fact still remains that even if it's very likely that we are going to get a PC version, we don't know for sure.

I do appreciate the reassurances, because in most cases they are made with good intentions from people who want everyone to be able to experience the game, but please do keep in mind that they exacerbate the uncertainty that we're dealing with.

This. Just this.

The problem most people have, and it was this way with GTA V's PC version too, is the vagueness. There is no decisive yes or no. It's just left open to interpretation and when it comes to new releases, that is nothing but bad.

I can't begin to count how many times I've complained about Rockstar's sheer vagueness and inability to give enough f*cks to just make a statement. Whether it be out of stupidity or business decisions is irrelevant. Vague is vague, and vague is bad for community interaction on every level.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just expect them to come out and say something about the PC version (other than "we have nothing to say at this time"). But I won't hold my breath.

Either way, I'll dial it back a bit since the game was literally just announced and they have more than enough time to answer questions. Will they though? Who knows.

Edited by Xerukal

kietotheworld

The reason they don't say "coming to PC, release TBC" or anything of that nature is so you go out and buy a console. That's good for their partners, Microsoft and Sony. If they say you'll be able to play it on PC you're a lot less likely to buy a console and you'll buy the game later for cheaper, or just pirate it.

If you don't like it you know what you have to do - buy a console. Bitching about it won't change anything.

Mr_Rager

I'll get it for PS4 and enjoy it. The game will look beautiful. I want a PC version but if I'm being real I kinda don't care about it. I've loved RDR for years without mods. Maybe I'm being too apathetic and should be upset a demographic within our community won't be able to play it, but I'm not.

If anything it gives people an incentive to pick up a next gen console, which is a good thing. I don't want consoles to die. Although you can't fight time, John.

BlackScout

I guess this doesn't matter to them...

fp0jKKb.png

Not something from today. It's been sitting there since it got released.

If we start finding leaked PC build logs when the game eventually launches on PS4/XB1, I'm going to start questioning my sanity even more than I do currently.

And then the Social Club app will leak information about the PC Version...

Edited by BlackScout

Richard Power Colt

I mean, I'm just playing devils advocate here but...

Surely delaying it and providing an enhanced version with more features than the console version shows that it's, actually, a higher priority to them, in terms of getting it right and ironing out issues found on console first?

Just because something arrives before something else, doesn't mean it has higher priority in the sense that it's "more important" to them. It could just be easier to make it ready for console first. I'm just thinking out loud here really.

Well sure I wouldn't want them to rush out a shoddy PC port like so many publishers these days, but I don't think it should take them as long as it did with V to make a good port. I hope they'll try their best to get a good PC version out fairly soon after the console version, but the fact that they didn't announce anything regarding it makes me skeptical of what they're planning for it.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Xerukal

I'll go ahead and make myself comfortable in this here thread. Wake me up when there's build logs to analyze. We gotta find those hidden DX13 entries.

Fuzzknuckles

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to anyone I may have upset or offended in this thread, my intention was not to upset or offend, but merely to illustrate how console gamers are fed up of the way they've been repeatedly treated by PC gamers who believe they have superiority. So yeah, sorry to anyone that felt the need to report me, I have been warned, it has been acknowledged.

I still stand by every word I said, but want to be clear that I did not intend to make people get so dreadfully upset.

Niobium

Remember when everyone spent a year acting like a little bitch and slandering Rockstar because they didn't announce V for PC? And some of us sat back and said "Hey, it'll be fine, you'll get an enhanced version later, with features we don't have on console"?

Remember when Red Dead Redemption NEVER came to PC? Remember when Red Dead Revolver NEVER came to PC? Some of you sat back and said "Hey, it'll be fine, you'll get an enhanced version later, with features we don't have on console"? and we NEVER got it? We're talking about the Red Dead series, not GTA V.

not to mention that it took cockstar TWO FU*KING YEARS after the console release of V to release GTA V for the PC.

Fuzzknuckles

Remember when everyone spent a year acting like a little bitch and slandering Rockstar because they didn't announce V for PC? And some of us sat back and said "Hey, it'll be fine, you'll get an enhanced version later, with features we don't have on console"?

Remember when Red Dead Redemption NEVER came to PC? Remember when Red Dead Revolver NEVER came to PC? Some of you sat back and said "Hey, it'll be fine, you'll get an enhanced version later, with features we don't have on console"? and we NEVER got it? We're talking about the Red Dead series, not GTA V.

not to mention that it took cockstar TWO FU*KING YEARS after the console release of V to release GTA V for the PC.

But they did it. And people had said many many times that it was never coming and that they had been mistreated by Rockstar. Which is frankly laughable. Like they care enough about anyone other than themselves to mistreat them!

Xerukal

Hey, at least the GTA V incident prepared us for this. We might as well be able to tell the future at this point. Give it another game or two and it'll be like second nature.

We ought to get paid for this honestly. What other community do you know of out there that has to deal with so much vagueness directed at one specific platform's player base?

...aside from Overkill and Payday 2 on console. But still.

Edited by Xerukal