3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Can I still download TLAD and TBoGT even if I own the complete edition

DERGaming

Can I still download TLAD and TBoGT even if I have the complete edition I bought the complete edition used but when I got it it only had the IV disc and not the episodes from Liberty city disc so can I still download TLAD and TBoGT from the IV disc?

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Of course you can!

And yes, I recommend you to post the help topics in Help & Support Section. You'll recive more help there :).

Edited by DIze

What do you mean by "download"? And what platform do you mean? I don't know how the complete edition looks on other platforms than PS3 (where it's all on one disc) but i assume that if it's split among GTA IV and EFLC discs, then you need the latter to play EFLC.

The Complete edition is actually a somewhat different game from the standard+EFLC. For one, I think in CE all the IV radio stations are available in EFLC. I've also read there are differences in how multiplayer is handled, I've not verified that myself.

But point is, CE and regular version aren't fully interchangeable so I don't quite think that DLC from one version will work on the other.

Either way you should return the copy you bought and get a new one... If for no other reason than to have a proper collection piece.

What do you mean by "download"? And what platform do you mean? I don't know how the complete edition looks on other platforms than PS3 (where it's all on one disc) but i assume that if it's split among GTA IV and EFLC discs, then you need the latter to play EFLC.

The Complete edition is actually a somewhat different game from the standard+EFLC. For one, I think in CE all the IV radio stations are available in EFLC. I've also read there are differences in how multiplayer is handled, I've not verified that myself.

But point is, CE and regular version aren't fully interchangeable so I don't quite think that DLC from one version will work on the other.

Either way you should return the copy you bought and get a new one... If for no other reason than to have a proper collection piece.

The store closed down unfortunately will it work or not you never said becuase I already have IV so I don't want to buy a new one since I already have it I had no idea that it was different I would of not of had bought it knowing that I might have to search forever to find a complete edition that only has EFLC becuase now I want those extra features what do I do my platform is Xbox 360 I might have to buy a used one in my area that only has EFLC despite how long it takes.

Edited by DERGaming

I didn't quite understand this part of the question:

can I still download TLAD and TBoGT from the IV disc

So are you talking about buying th DLCs from the MS store, or are you assuming that you can get them for free since you have CE, or what?

I don't have the 360 so take it with a grain of salt, but what I see on Mobygames is that the 360 CE consists of a standalone IV disc and standalone EFLC disc. If that's the case, then what you need is just EFLC, either the standalone release (disc or digital) or to purchase the DLCs.

Unlike my previous assumption, I would now guess that with 360 the games should be the same (on PS3/PC there are some differences I mentioned).

I guess someone with 360 should confirm to be sure, although to be 100% sure it would need to be someone who has multiple editions :) Still the best bet would be to just get a new CE from ebay or something.

I didn't quite understand this part of the question:

can I still download TLAD and TBoGT from the IV disc

So are you talking about buying th DLCs from the MS store, or are you assuming that you can get them for free since you have CE, or what?

I don't have the 360 so take it with a grain of salt, but what I see on Mobygames is that the 360 CE consists of a standalone IV disc and standalone EFLC disc. If that's the case, then what you need is just EFLC, either the standalone release (disc or digital) or to purchase the DLCs.

Unlike my previous assumption, I would now guess that with 360 the games should be the same (on PS3/PC there are some differences I mentioned).

I guess someone with 360 should confirm to be sure, although to be 100% sure it would need to be someone who has multiple editions :) Still the best bet would be to just get a new CE from ebay or something.

I will probably sell my complate edition with only IV and buy a new complete edition how much should I charge for it and how much should I pay for a used complete edition

I dunno... Search ebay and craigslist for the prices in your area and set your price to something appropriate. I personally sell my stuff on ebay and set the format to Buy It Now, but then I usually sell rare stuff :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had IV and EFLC on 360 they are standalone games as are the versions on pc, what I mean is you don't need one to run the other