2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Time to retire Simeon's text messages?

StormerBoy

I liked Stevie's car theft missions from GTA IV...

Why couldn't they have used that system for Online?

Have a daily event where there's a hidden vehicle that you must steal.

Get a vague text message with a picture of where it might be, then go hunting for it.

Then make the reward actually worth it, like somewhere in the 20-30k range.

But I don't see that happening...

Simeon is a chump. I delivered an NPC-modded Sentinel XS, which normally sells at LSC for $17K and change, and Simeon paid out $9K. No point in evading a two-star wanted level, repairing and/or respraying the car, and driving to a remote location, even for the few cars he does pay a small premium on.

I don't even get the messages anymore. Now I'll have to be wary of ANY potential Simeon car so I don't get a 2 star wanted level at the worst possible time.

TaylorTheCreator

I only get it once a day when i play GTA Online, so i'm not bothered by it. I'm more bothered by Lester calling me every 2 minutes for a heist though.

i still deliver it almost every time i play. offc. not worth it if you start driving around and specially looking for it but if you learn what cars are worth selling and remember the most valuable one at the beginning of session, then drop it off when you happen to find one, i think then its worth it. you get a little bit more from him than from lsc and it doesnt count for the 48min cooldown so easy extra 7-12k. then sell an oracle or baller to lsc and bam you have made an extra 20k during a vip cooldown for example.

Edited by nmk111
  • Like 1

Cackling Jack

I still do them. I'm up to 160 simeon deliveries. Crew member has done 701 last I checked. Easy money of you find what your looking for. Not so easy if you can't find it at all.

Edited by JackIrish
  • Like 2

I still do them. I'm up to 160 simeon deliveries. Crew member has done 701 last I checked. Easy money of you find what your looking for. Not so easy if you can't find it at all.

OMG they are incredibly easy find when the last you need at the current moment is two wanted stars. Or, when you are not trying to locate them, and they are the only cars that are spawning( which goes back to my first point, and that is time when you need to jack a ride and those are the only ones that seem to be spawning in your area)

• Like 1

Actually, we should be able to remove entire contacts we don't want on our phone. The new "Biker" contact especially, but also Ron, Mors Mutual, Martin, etc. Especially as R* uses our phone as their spam hose to shove their Adversary Modes down our throats.

I'm fed up with phone spam notifications and calls. Got old after even two weeks into the game back in Oct. '14.

You only started playing in 2014?

Yes I'm tired of getting a 2 star for only stealing simeon's vehicles especially how most npc cars are simeon's stupid vehicles.

Special crate drops were definitely the most fun in free mode. On my 360 character, took me a whole weekend to get 1 patriot beer hat, keeping in mind this was when they were super buggy. Was a good time though, hunting for them etc.

I really hope they bring them back!

I'd do them along with robbing stores etc within the first weeks of gtav online (2013 October 1st or something), but stopped shortly after making my crew on 20th October. Around those times the race around the prison was very popular too.

On topic: the Simeon messages are definitely annoying, it would be nice if we could ignore them in some way. LJT is also annoying with the text messages, but I guess they're sort of what makes gtav online.

Edited by w3bi3

I only get it once a day when i play GTA Online, so i'm not bothered by it. I'm more bothered by Lester calling me every 2 minutes for a heist though.

Doesn't call about heists unless you haven't hosted any..but gives a text if you've got one going.. "LJT" however..can suck a fat dick. Most anything f*cking contact in Online to date.

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

The text messages are not as annoying as the phone calls, I wish they'd all just stop calling me.

"Simeon quit calling, I've moved way past boosting cars for you, go ask Lamar"

"Martin quit threatening me, I've far surpassed you in terms of wealth and power, my organization is bigger as yours, and your people quake in their boots when I roll up, I've killed more people on my own then your entire organization combined, leave an threatening text again, I'm coming over to that ranch of yours and turn it into a f*cking warzone."

"Ron.....tell Trevor I'll be in touch." (no way I'm ticking Trevor off)

"Lester take a page from my secretary and only call when you actually have something worthwhile for me"

Edited by Reathyr
  • Like 1

Malc's phone calls are already more annoying than Simeon's texts.

Doesn't he only phone at the end of contracts?

This is the reason why so many people are poor in gta..

I delivered over 400 simeon vehicles and i combine it with a car that i steel from the street and sell at LSC, rob a store in between and you can easily make 20 to 30k in 10min.

This is just one of the many things i do every day and these little things add up and thats why i still got over 65 mil these days. But most of y'all are stupid and don't know how to be a successful criminal and complain about the prices everytime a new dlc comes out.

Really gonna throw insults around? Hard to take you seriously now.

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

Really gonna throw insults around? Hard to take you seriously now.

It just pisses me off how people complain about easy ways to make money and its usually the same people that complain about prices in new dlc's or say how hard it is to make money.

Its all these little things that take very little time but add up over time and keep you rich. These things pay for your property utilities, lester abilities...Etc

But most of y'all are stupid and don't know how to be a successful criminal and complain about the prices everytime a new dlc comes out.

I won't be complaining about prices in the next dlc but others are stupid because they don't play the same way you do? lol f*ck off.

This is the reason why so many people are poor in gta..

I delivered over 400 simeon vehicles and i combine it with a car that i steel from the street and sell at LSC, rob a store in between and you can easily make 20 to 30k in 10min.

This is just one of the many things i do every day and these little things add up and thats why i still got over 65 mil these days. But most of y'all are stupid and don't know how to be a successful criminal and complain about the prices everytime a new dlc comes out.

My respect for being that diligent. But the thing is, Simeon pays poorly (10k for top tier cars of his list) and rarely (everyday, real time).

I made millions from grinding contact and VIP missions and selling modded Sentinels (other cars are not worth it, best spawn/time ratio).

Simeon is scamming people, just like in story mode. As an example, instead of his list you could do one quick contact mission and end up with 9-10k in 4 minutes, repeatable. You could even complete a Hostile Takeover in 4-6 minutes and get ~16-18k.

In general, the wanted level is annoying af. Sometimes I don't want to wait for the mechanic and need a car off the street. This then so happens to be a bait car from our Armenian friend. Seriously, he has to work with the LSPD.

Has anyone else felt these 2 stars result in a much harder chase than "regular obtained" 2 stars? Seems that the cops spawn everywhere and the duration is longer...

Edited by sl_aio

lol.. No. It must be the way i play, i usually just steal a simeon vehicle next to a LSC and just drive it inside. No chase.

Simeon Vehicle + Blue sand king + Store robbery + Daily Objectives = easily over 50k within my first 25 to 30min online.

After that you can do your missions or ceo/Mc thing or whatever you like to do. But i don't care how u play just don't complain thats its hard to make money when its not.

Or complain how expensive a dlc is when you had the chance to make money but you rather mess around wasting ammo.

• Like 1

Simeon Vehicle + Blue sand king + Store robbery + Daily Objectives = easily over 50k within my first 25 to 30min online.

After that you can do your missions or ceo/Mc thing or whatever you like to do. But i don't care how u play just don't complain thats its hard to make money when its not.

I agree on making money is not too bad, VIP jobs pay well.

Speaking of which, doing a Sightseer -> Takeover -> Sightseer combo, would have also earned you around 60k in 30 minutes.

But the point is, Simeon does pay poorly compared to almost any money source in this game.

Besides robbing stores I guess, that sh*t nets you 1k for a 3 star police chase.

Still, I enjoy casually robbing one out of boredom.

Sure but every week i get 100k for doing dailies and every 4 weeks i receive 500k for dailies. Thats why i do this 'routine' as the first things i do when i come online.

And usually theres a race, mission or capture in 1 of the dailies which is even more money on top of it all.

I just see the simeon vehicle as an extra car i can sell as you can only sell 1 car every 48min.

About the store robbery, i get between 1 & 2k, rarely over 2k but you never get 3 stars if you dont kill the guy behind the register. Just drive in the next alley or avoid the cops which is the easiest thing on 2 stars.

I just see the simeon vehicle as an extra car i can sell as you can only sell 1 car every 48min.

Fair enough. Me and others are actually just complaining that it's not worth our time. For me, there are other enjoyable things instead of Simeon's cars, which earn more money for less of a hassle.

It's most of the time not about the money, it's about not being able to steal most of the cars on the street without being chased. It's a big inconvenience and the money doesn't even motivate to get rid of it.

• Like 1

I understand what you're saying dude but it literally takes 5min to steal and deliver a simeon car.

In the end you actually win more time if you just do it right away because like you said if you steal a lot of cars off the streets and end up being chased all the time you will lose more time running away from cops which can be an inconvenience so i personally think why not just deliver it and be fine without worries for the rest of your day and its much less of a hassle than getting those 2 stars everytime.. But i'm done now. I love simeon and his vehicles :r*:

I think there are quite a few things that should be ignorable or even disabled altogether these days. Text messages and phone calls most of all. It's no use having Simeon, Brucie, Lester or whoever calling you all the time. Especially now with the annoying LJT harassing you constantly. Just make 'em go away already...

• Like 1

DentureDynamite

Unfortunately, the only way to get rid of those blasted calls is to complete every heist (including setups--not just the finales).

BUT(!)...then, in typical R* fashion, you then get a note on your screen with every session login reminding you that since you've completed the heists, if you want to play them again...

So freaking annoying.

On a similar note, text chat (like mic audio) needs to be asynchronous; not synchronous.

Which means phone calls and animations/cut scenes can no longer instantly destroy what I'm trying to type to another player.

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 1

I believe the game released in Oct. of 2013

It did; October '14 was when I started playing--just giving my opinion from my experience...I'm still a relative noob to some of you day one people. :)

Oh ok... my bad!!!

FrugalDangerMan

I don't even get the messages anymore. Now I'll have to be wary of ANY potential Simeon car so I don't get a 2 star wanted level at the worst possible time.

Same. It's like playing Russian Roulette.

"That's potentially a Simeon car but I'm desperate...

"**"

"Damnit!"