2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Time to retire Simeon's text messages?

StormerBoy

NuclearRain777

dont see how 1 text message per session can bother anyone...

its not like the annoying, non-stop calls from the contacts during the early months.

But it's annoying when you need a car and then you get an instant 2 star wanted level.

• Like 2

The most annoying calls, day and day out, is that stupid one from Lester inviting me to start a heist right at the start of every session. It's a drag if you just did something and you have to run, but you can't because suddenly you're talking to frickin Lester on the phone. That's another one that should stop after you reach a certain level.

^^ Yeees god damn Lester! Every time you log on, every damn time. I know about the heist! Shut up already!

• Like 2

I wouldn't want it removed.Sometimes I do deliver the vehicle he wants (mostly if it's some better car that I can make at least 7k for,or if I entered it and already got a wanted level),but if I'm not in a mood to drive all the way to his garage,I just ignore it.

I honestly think it was a bad idea to remove armored trucks.The more ways to earn money,the better,even if it's just a few grand.

Simeon: "I call players once every day day to remind them I'm still around."

LJT: "That's cute"

lol

I wouldn't want it removed.Sometimes I do deliver the vehicle he wants (mostly if it's some better car that I can make at least 7k for,or if I entered it and already got a wanted level),but if I'm not in a mood to drive all the way to his garage,I just ignore it.

I honestly think it was a bad idea to remove armored trucks.The more ways to earn money,the better,even if it's just a few grand.

+1 on the armored trucks. Those could be kind of exciting. Also the smuggler's planes. As a low level those were all the funnest things to do.

• Like 2

Ok, maybe we could keep receiving those messages, but at least let us delete them. And once we delete, stealing the cars which he wanted won't give you 2 stars anymore.

• Like 2

Playing this game since day 1, Simeons worthless car stealing missions, golf, arm wrestling, darts, adversary modes, survival, and even contact missions are many of the worthless things I haven't touched in 3 years.

CEO work, Heists, WW3 in freeroam, and the occasional race are the only things that are fun in this game, and that net you a decent amount of $$$.

EDIT: There were 2 very fun random free roam events that I loved doing and also payed well. Armored cars and smuggler planes. These just straight up stopped spawning sometime last year, another example of Cockstars laziness and incompetence.

Edited by Rusty9130

Something must be "wrong" or "right" on my end. I can't even remember the last time I saw a text from him regarding the car list. However, if I happen to steal a random car and receive two stars, I know that it is one of the ones on his theoretical list. I never see the actual text from him though.

If I'm bored and it happens, I'll sometimes do it if it's a F620, Jackal, or something that pays more than 8K, but in general, I tend to forget about it until the two stars randomly appear. It's not a huge time sink or even complicated, but eh, there are generally more enjoyable things to do.

However, I still get email every bloody session from LJT trying to make me feel guilty about not using the computer set up in my clubhouse. :rol:

• Like 2

I'm all for stealing cars in a game called Grand Theft Auto but the payoff is insignificant these days. I feel Simeon's business could be revamped so it's more like CEO or MC businesses. Think Gone in Sixty Seconds or even Fast and Furious :)

Cars still shouldn't sell for their actual value, but $3000 for something that takes longer than holding up stores or selling gang cars? Nah you're okay thanks

I agree, a rework is what's needed not a removal. If they could introduce a free roam system of selling cars which paid in the same ballpark as VIP and Biker missions then that would be the way to go with them. A bit like Simeon's contact missions but in free roam and with a lot more variety.

He hardly texts me so I have to find the cars for him on my own! Nowt wrong with doing a Simeon vehicle! just another way to kill a few minutes before Head Hunter is available again heh.

iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

I have the terminal location meth lab, Simeon's garage door is the one beside mine. So I have been delivering cars all the time now. It's pretty fun.

Everytime Simeon wants an Ocelot F620 I deliver it. Easy 13 k$. And it adds up over time. Every other car is not worth it. It is a nice distraction from the grinding.

I would welcome back the freeroam missions, just for diversity.

Actually, we should be able to remove entire contacts we don't want on our phone. The new "Biker" contact especially, but also Ron, Mors Mutual, Martin, etc. Especially as R* uses our phone as their spam hose to shove their Adversary Modes down our throats.

I'm fed up with phone spam notifications and calls. Got old after even two weeks into the game back in Oct. '14.

Seriously. The average character is a CEO, and is running coke/meth operations on the side. Martin is a peasant. The rest of them aren't even blips on the radar. You have no need for any of the spammers except for Lester.

I've never had "non stop" messages from Simeon. What did you do to upset him?

By none stop I mean a text every FM session.

I barely hear from Simeon. I thought they removed him.

I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a text every free mode session?

You guys want remove GTA activity from game called GTA? I say keep Simeon's car text but make them better by:

1) Allowing players to delete the texts if they not interested and/or opt out of it by using setting in interaction menu.

2) Increase payouts for all cars. If car costs 40k to buy car in South SA Autos, than I should be able sell it for at least 11k.

3) Add more cars. I keep seeing same FQ2 request. I doubt Simeon needs 2,000 of them.

4) Remove the 2 star wanted level for entering a requested vehicle.

Edited by Yinepi
  • Like 3

I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a text every free mode session?Doesn't really matter what YOU mean. I barely hear from him at all and I play tons. Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a text every free mode session?
Doesn't really matter what YOU meant. I barely hear from him at all and I play tons.

Same here. It's such a small deal to ignore a text message that I barely notice it happening. If you don't turn off notifications then it's usually buried in the swamp of job invites anyway.

Meh.

• Like 2

I like how all these older contacts still act like you need them and are just a poor street thug still, even though my garage is now worth more than their fortune.

• Like 1

Actually, we should be able to remove entire contacts we don't want on our phone. The new "Biker" contact especially, but also Ron, Mors Mutual, Martin, etc. Especially as R* uses our phone as their spam hose to shove their Adversary Modes down our throats.

I'm fed up with phone spam notifications and calls. Got old after even two weeks into the game back in Oct. '14.

I believe the game released in Oct. of 2013

• Like 1

lost-in-emotions

i never got a message from him, since the last weeks/months.

maybe rare, if done the platin award?

DentureDynamite
I believe the game released in Oct. of 2013

It did; October '14 was when I started playing--just giving my opinion from my experience...I'm still a relative noob to some of you day one people. :)

I would welcome back the freeroam missions, just for diversity.

Same here; especially the Armored Cars. Would be a piece of cake for R* to add these events to the "Show/Hide" part of the Interaction Menu. Let players choose what they want to participate in or not--the infrastructure is already done.

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 2

Simeon is sure being replaced with LJT. That guy is annoying.... :D

Anyways, it should be ignorable and it should give you way more cash...

Same. Adversary Modes were a useless feature to begin with yet R* constantly adds it on every update as if it was more popular than Contact Missions. I had to continuously delete them because Martin can't stop spamming them on my phone. Seriously, Adversary Modes is the least popular feature R* has ever added. I'd rather stick with Heists, CEOs and MCs, and maybe Contact Missions.

I've wanted, since I first started getting them, the ability to delete them. You don't get another one until you change session, and your car list goes away, no more instant wanted level for getting into a car to make a quick escape.

Sure, you can ride into gang attacks or leave jobs and the message is gone, but you still get the stars for stealing the car. There's no tooltip saying it's a marked car, either, but the LSC is highlighted on the map as if you were doing a Simeon delivery.

Delivering it when this happens either nets me nothing, or I can't drive in at all because the shutter doors never open.

I'm all for stealing cars in a game called Grand Theft Auto but the payoff is insignificant these days. I feel Simeon's business could be revamped so it's more like CEO or MC businesses. Think Gone in Sixty Seconds or even Fast and Furious :)

Cars still shouldn't sell for their actual value, but $3000 for something that takes longer than holding up stores or selling gang cars? Nah you're okay thanks

I agree, a rework is what's needed not a removal. If they could introduce a free roam system of selling cars which paid in the same ballpark as VIP and Biker missions then that would be the way to go with them. A bit like Simeon's contact missions but in free roam and with a lot more variety.

Also, don't steal the $3000 cars. On most every Simeon list there's a few cars that sell for around $10,000 (or more).

When I was grinding I started every session by stealing a Baller or Felon or Oracle (they spawn a lot in front of Richard's Majestic), then 9 times out of 10, as soon as I walk out of LSC there would be a Simeon's List car in the busy 5 way intersection out front (the LSC closest to Richard's Majestic). So $8k to $9k for the first one, The same or more for the second one, then grind contact missions for 48 minutes.

Edited by Forza Harrd