2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Time to retire Simeon's text messages?

StormerBoy

Is it time to retire Simeon's none-stop texts that request cars to be delivered to him?

I've never enjoyed doing it anyhow, it takes and eternity to find, repaint and deliver a sh*t car. That's if you don't get killed/blown up during it all. The end reward is pathetic. To summarise, it's boring and makes you little money compared to the things that take less time. You can't even delete the text messages!

I could understand it being left in the game, if other things like Armoured Trucks and Crate Drops hadn't been taken out. Even if I were a new Rank 1 player, I could find far more enjoyable things to do than collect cars for Simeon.

• Like 9

They should just put in an option to ignore it, like the newer free mode events have.

Nope, I still need to deliver over 10 vehicles for the platinum award, lol.

Edited by Gettin up

I'm all for stealing cars in a game called Grand Theft Auto but the payoff is insignificant these days. I feel Simeon's business could be revamped so it's more like CEO or MC businesses. Think Gone in Sixty Seconds or even Fast and Furious :)

Cars still shouldn't sell for their actual value, but $3000 for something that takes longer than holding up stores or selling gang cars? Nah you're okay thanks

CaptainMental

Even worse, the cars that are on Simeons list immediately rewards the player with a two star wanted level if jacked.

Edited by CaptainMental

Simeon's messages should be ignorable. The easiest way to achieve that would be to just get rid of the mandatory two-star wanted level if you happen to steal a car on his list. I only ever steal cars anymore when I am goofing around with the crew, possibly during our event evening, which incidentally is the same time during which I find a wanted level really distracting.

I've never had "non stop" messages from Simeon. What did you do to upset him?

• Like 4

They disabled the actual fun old gen events and kept the most annoying one of the bunch active, are you not satisfied with Simeon's text spam?

DentureDynamite

Actually, we should be able to remove entire contacts we don't want on our phone. The new "Biker" contact especially, but also Ron, Mors Mutual, Martin, etc. Especially as R* uses our phone as their spam hose to shove their Adversary Modes down our throats.

I'm fed up with phone spam notifications and calls. Got old after even two weeks into the game back in Oct. '14.

Edited by DentureDynamite

I still do them. It's easy money.

Just because it's easy to do it doesn't mean it's profitable or even excused to be this annoying. It's a relic of a gameplay feature.

I can finish Headhunter in 5 minutes for 25K, which is more amusing than spending five minutes of searching for the car, two minutes of driving to a LSC while dodging cops, and three minutes of driving to the port for less than 10K.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

there are situations why i just want to remove any notification of any call alltogether.

• Like 4

Just because it's easy to do it doesn't mean it's profitable or even excused to be this annoying. It's a relic of a gameplay feature.

I can finish Headhunter in 5 minutes for 25K, which is more amusing than spending five minutes of searching for the car, two minutes of driving to a LSC while dodging cops, and three minutes of driving to the port for less than 10K.

9k is still 9k more than one had before the delivery. Just because it isn't a huge payout doesn't mean it's useless. Simeon cars are a good way to kill 2 or 3 minutes while you're waiting for the cool down on MC/CEO work to be up.

• Like 4

9k is still 9k more than one had before the delivery. Just because it isn't a huge payout doesn't mean it's useless. Simeon cars are a good way to kill 2 or 3 minutes while you're waiting for the cool down on MC/CEO work to be up.Selling a Baller from the street is easier than an inconvenience as big as this, and even then, a smart CEO knows that Headhunter > Crate > Repeat is the way to go, a much better alternative to driving a car with cheap paint all the way to the pier.

Can't remember the last time I did a car job for him as going down the docks for a few grand is just not worth it. They should update it so he asks for a rare & expensive car every so often like with the CEO work.

9k is still 9k more than one had before the delivery. Just because it isn't a huge payout doesn't mean it's useless. Simeon cars are a good way to kill 2 or 3 minutes while you're waiting for the cool down on MC/CEO work to be up.Selling a Baller from the street is easier than an inconvenience as big as this, and even then, a smart CEO knows that Headhunter > Crate > Repeat is the way to go, a much better alternative to driving a car with cheap paint all the way to the pier.

You realize you can combine all those things together WITH the Simeon vehicle right? Every dollar counts.

• Like 4

You realize you can combine all those things together WITH the Simeon vehicle right? Every dollar counts.

Dude, most of the time Headhunter is available again after I finished a crate mission, and even if the Headhunter cooldown timer didn't finish I still have Sightseer that pays the exact same amount.

I still don't get why I gotta exert the same amount of effort into an outdated freemode mission for pocket change, all when I can get paid more for a more fun mission in a smaller span of time.

Hazzardtohimself

I don't want to tempt fate here (oops, too late) but I haven't had any calls or texts from Simeon since Cunning Stunts dropped.

I figured he didn't love me any more, or that he was cooking up something more profitable.

Shadowfennekin

I've kinda been hoping he goes obsolete and is removed when Vehicle Business comes out. Especially if we're exporting out our own stuff

Edited by Shadowfennekin

They should just take all the old events and make them relevant again. Increase gang attack payouts by level, they increase difficulty, so why not payout?

It's still handy for new players.

In three years I only came across ONE player that Simeon didn't bother. He said that he just delivers him a car every day and then he doesn't text.

Every day! What a twat!

Get shot of him, LJT etc etc by giving us a 'standby' option in the phone like in SP.

dont see how 1 text message per session can bother anyone...

its not like the annoying, non-stop calls from the contacts during the early months.

Yeah, it pays like crap, and that's why people don't bring him the vehicles.

But come on...this is one of the few things left in the entire game that actually grant GTA having its name. Scratch this and the name should be Grand Buy Stuff, which it basically already is.

• Like 2

What are these text even? I've been playing almost every day for like...6 weeks and I have never gotten a text from Simeon about cars. I play in both invite only and public lobbies so I dunno, I guess I'm lucky he doesn't bother me then? :p

Those missions are great for lower levels. They should turn them off after a player reaches a certain level (or bank account).

Having the option to block texts from certain people on our phone would be nice, but I want to be able to steal a car without getting that surprise 2 star wanted level. Sometimes that can be VERY inconvenient.