4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

NEW PLAYING METHOD! and bug of using mouse+gamepad simultaneously

TOMMY F. MONTANA

TOMMY F. MONTANA

Hello everyone, last few years i play games only with combination gamepad+mouse simultaneously, it's the most useful way to play games today...

Mouse+gamepad it's best way of control in games today because it includes advantages of all controllers: control of camera and real aiming by mouse and all analog actions (vehicle steering, throttle, brake, roll, to go in any direction onfoot, choose speed, power etc...) in game by gamepad.

You can now use any mouse in one hand and any gamepad in other!! Games allow it.

And here i'll write a few words about my methods:

My mouse have 20 buttons for all possible mods...Logitech G600, very useful to control by left hand, by this way it have more combinations, You can do it right if you want.. I specifically trained to control mouse by left hand for this and now i can easy control mouse by any hand. (i very like this training, it's also very helpful for your creative brain - do anything by any hand...)

Also i love maximum mouse sensitivity and my setting is 8200dpi and maximum in Windows "control panel", and but i want more about 4-8 times (32000-64000 dpi), but i don't know this mouses today. I also trained to work with this sensitivity, and it's great!! :) My mouse drive about 1,5mm on table for drive through all onscreen desktop gorizontally. Our brain really iove this training, try...

Also i finished some games using only this mouse by one hand (absolutely without keyboard), it's very easy.with 20 buttons (especially if i use it by left hand because it allows to press any buttons from left 12-buttons panel by different places (joints) of pinky finger).

8072692.jpg

On next photo you can see how i take gamepad, almost all elements i can use simultaneously - two sticks by two fingers and all buttons by other fingers, any hand.

xz9z9BEk3_o.jpg

MdIMpS-TQQ8.jpg

Also for easy bind keyboard keys to gamepad buttons we can use different progs to easy bind any functions to any buttons or sticks of gamepad or mouse, like Xpadder, Keyboard Maniac, PPJoy etc... and than just bind any actions onthis buttons in game menu.

Also ingame GTA5 menu allow you to change elements by "calibrate" option.

At this moment i can't play as mouse+keyboard (annoying without analog gradient) and also only gamepad (generally it's real sh*t) - so ONLY mouse+gamepad!

You can also use steering wheels etc analog devices, but necessarily use mouse for normal aiming.

====================================================================================

Also i invented a new way of playing any games using any one hand (allows any combinations of actions of gta simulatiously) , it's easy with the same combination of mouse+gamepad in one hand

had to work with a file and knife for a snug fit ant get full useful access to all buttons, and also use adhesive tape to combine them in one device.

On photos you can see left (i more like it) and right hands on this device:

vB0oHjEd8SE.jpg

_lFD8YiysbY.jpg

KAsWLED5-EY.jpg

kbrh1A_TB-0.jpg

This device is very useful! I can easy use all elements of device in many-many different combinations, I use every button of mouse. I use every finger at maximum and every of them operate his few buttons/sticks.

When device in left hand:

Pinky finger - all 12 left panel keys, (including many combinations)

Ring finger - 8 buttons: LMB + 2small buttons + mouse wheel up,down.left,right and press (including ANY combinations)

Middle finger - 2 mouse buttons

Index finger - analog stick + D-pad + micro steering wheel + Select + Start + mode + mapping + preset buttons

Thumb - analog stick + ABCD keys (including combinations) + Right bumper

- Fingers never move from their places (Excluding Index and Thumb - when needed that buttons), all buttons pressed by different segments of fingers

Similar and when device in right hand...

I invented it to free one of my hands for training different exercises (guitar for example) while i working or playing computer in order not to lose this time and it's works excellent!

I use this Thrustmaster gamepad because it's compact, easy to cut and allows easy change profiles of binds on the go by 1 button, it's needed in GTA because they don't allow gamers to easy bind.elements of gamepad on ingame actions (but why...?)

I also like to use this device by left hand for easy press all left 12-buttons panel of mouse.

Anyway, if you don't want to combine this devices into 1, you can use any mouse and any gamepad by two hands now!

ALSO I ASK YOU TO TRY THIS METHOD AND TELL ABOUT THIS METHODS FOR MORE PEOPLE, ALSO IT'S A REAL WAY OF PLAYING FOR ONE-HANDED PEOPLE!!

===================================================================================================================================

As usual games allow you to use them this way without any settings, but sometimes can be bugs

GTAV have some issues with this, i found only 2:

1) when i move stick "vehicle brake" and simultaneously move mouse (or press any key on keyboard) he starts to driveby-aiming

2) "throttle" on bicycle by gamepad with simultaneously moving mouse - starts to Recording of replay

I haven't tested many games with this methods (GTA is my favorite game).

But...

When i reported R* support about this bug, they kicked me away with this bug, it's their answer:
''Our games are meant to be played with either keyboard and mouse or a controller. The Xbox 360 controller for PC is supported. Using an unsupported combination of devices may result in some issues such as you are experiencing. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Jeremy M.
Rockstar Support''

So... it's very easy thing for their programmers, but they don't want to fix it and kick away people...
=============================

So, may be there a way to fix this by special mods, trainers, progs...?

Or can i hope that someone fix this issue?

IF YOU LIKE THIS METHODS, ALSO PLEASE REPORT TO R* SUPPORT ABOUT THIS BUGS... MORE REPORTS - MORE CHANCES TO FIX IT IN THE FUTURE (AND IN NEW GAMES ALSO)

P.S sorry for my not very good english, i'm Russian

Edited by TOMMY F. MONTANA

This is certainly creative but it seems a bit odd, if not daunting to try. You seem to want to do multiple things at once, which is fine I suppose but I feel that it'd be better to concentrate completely on the task at hand? Also, have you tried remapping the control scheme to fix the issues you're facing? It's either that or making a custom script to fix the problem I suppose.

Either way, pretty crazy setup you've concocted :)

TOMMY F. MONTANA

This is certainly creative but it seems a bit odd, if not daunting to try. You seem to want to do multiple things at once, which is fine I suppose but I feel that it'd be better to concentrate completely on the task at hand? Also, have you tried remapping the control scheme to fix the issues you're facing?

I tried remap - no effect

You always can to try my 1st method with any mouse in one hand & any gamepad in other... you'll never can go back to keyboard, i promise

Well, I'm certainly interested in trying this just to see how it goes. My current mouse has no macros however, so there's a short stop right there. Maybe you should put up a video of this setup in action, because quite honestly it looks and sounds odd when put in words.

TOMMY F. MONTANA

Well, I'm certainly interested in trying this just to see how it goes. My current mouse has no macros however, so there's a short stop right there. Maybe you should put up a video of this setup in action, because quite honestly it looks and sounds odd when put in words.

Why macros? I said ANY mouse and ANY gamepad.

Well.... you can take any gamepad (with analog sticks of course) and put any your hand on it like on my 2nd or 3rd pictures. Absolutely all buttons/sticks you can get in this position, so you can play any game only with gamepad in ONE hand, without mouse. (You can remap all buttons and analog axis in Gta5 menu "calibrate gamepad" or in special progs like Xpadder, x360ce etc...).You can put gamepad on your leg if you want to fix it or fix it any other way (i don't need to fix it for example...).

So you use all your 5 fingers at maximum and it's combinations and get the same result like any "two-hands-gamepad-player", Just little practice... it's easy

...than you can add mouse in your 2nd hand, if you want, and use it's advantages